Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Dallas Cup - New Rules for Local Qualifying Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Dallas Cup - New Rules for Local Qualifying

+9
Axxman
Soccerinsanity
debit
go99
indyfc
The German
mspan02
t5house
dudemon
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dallas Cup - New Rules for Local Qualifying Empty Dallas Cup - New Rules for Local Qualifying

Post by Guest 7/11/2012, 11:27 am

Dallas Cup recently released updated rules for Dallas Area Teams to qualify:
http://www.dallascup.com/qualproced/index_E.html

Back to top Go down

Dallas Cup - New Rules for Local Qualifying Empty Re: Dallas Cup - New Rules for Local Qualifying

Post by dudemon 7/11/2012, 12:54 pm

Let me guess...the Texans wrote these rules? Isn't HN confident that his teams can earn a spot based on performance alone?

dudemon
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Dallas Cup - New Rules for Local Qualifying Empty Re: Dallas Cup - New Rules for Local Qualifying

Post by Guest 7/11/2012, 12:56 pm

dudemon wrote:Let me guess...the Texans wrote these rules? Isn't HN confident that his teams can earn a spot based on performance alone?

Typical Texans! Not suprised.

Back to top Go down

Post by t5house 7/11/2012, 1:24 pm

It may benefit the Texans in a recruiting way by giving the teams a better chance to get into Dallas Cup BUT those teams that sneak in because of affiliation dont do well at all. As long as HN has his hand in it the rules will constantly change.

t5house
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mspan02 7/11/2012, 1:26 pm

So, if I read this correctly for the 97's

5 spots are available (kind of)
Spot 1
After the first 9 games finish 1st
Spot 2
Win the U16 part of Texans Fall Festival
Spot 3
Win the U16 part of FCD Bobby Rhine tournament
Spots 4 & 5
Texans teams no matter what (old Scott & Maher) if they don't do any of the above
And they don't have too
They can be 9th and 10th with negative 200 goal differential and they are automatic spots

So, second place Classic and Finalist for both tourneys is SOL
Oh and if you finish 1st and sweep both tourneys you only get one spot

mspan02
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dudemon 7/11/2012, 1:31 pm

Why does the rest of the north Texas soccer community roll over and let HN screw them?

dudemon
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by t5house 7/11/2012, 1:33 pm

Yep..........Texans teams placing no lower than 7th place can bump a third and fourth place team out. It's happened in the past I dont see why it would change now. This tourney should be the best teams, not teams that place 7th get a spot due to club affiliation. I think regardless on club affiliation it should be the top four teams move to the Dallas Cup. If your teams not good enough to place 1-4 then oh well.

t5house
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/11/2012, 1:35 pm

t5house wrote:Yep..........Texans teams placing no lower than 7th place can bump a third and fourth place team out. It's happened in the past I dont see why it would change now. This tourney should be the best teams, not teams that place 7th get a spot due to club affiliation. I think regardless on club affiliation it should be the top four teams move to the Dallas Cup. If your teams not good enough to place 1-4 then oh well.

Agreed!!!! Top 4 teams regardless of name on the jersey. Well said. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 7/11/2012, 1:36 pm

mspan02 wrote:So, if I read this correctly for the 97's

5 spots are available (kind of)
Spot 1
After the first 9 games finish 1st
Spot 2
Win the U16 part of Texans Fall Festival
Spot 3
Win the U16 part of FCD Bobby Rhine tournament
Spots 4 & 5
Texans teams no matter what (old Scott & Maher) if they don't do any of the above
And they don't have too
They can be 9th and 10th with negative 200 goal differential and they are automatic spotsSo, second place Classic and Finalist for both tourneys is SOL
Oh and if you finish 1st and sweep both tourneys you only get one spot
Not really
In the Under 16, Under 15, Under 14 and Under 13 Dallas Cup age groups the automatic invitations will be selected from Classic League Division One provided the two teams finish no lower than 7th place after completion of Round One as defined above.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by indyfc 7/11/2012, 2:15 pm

There should be some benefits to being the host club. The only thing I think they should change is not take 6th and 7th place DT teams. They should have the cut off at 5th place. Top 5 teams are respectable in each age group. You can really fall off at 6th & 7th place.

What really surprises me is the fact that they will use an FCD tournament as a qualifier. I thought maybe they would have established another tournament as the second qualifier.
indyfc
indyfc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 7/11/2012, 2:26 pm

it is what it is but the Dallas cup must be careful sending in garbage teams to get run over. Teams come to play the Dallas cup for the competition. Some of those California teams can't be all that happy about the level of competition the came to play
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by debit 7/11/2012, 2:29 pm

What surprises me is the shunning of Pre-Academy in favor of Classic League teams. At most, 2 PA teams will get into Dallas Cup as tournament winners in any particular age group.

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by indyfc 7/11/2012, 2:31 pm

debit wrote:What surprises me is the shunning of Pre-Academy in favor of Classic League teams. At most, 2 PA teams will get into Dallas Cup as tournament winners in any particular age group.

That's the question I had. It says that Pre-Academy teams can receive an automatic invitation by winning either tournament. I don't see how they can enter the DT tourny as it is showing as a restricted tourny. I couldnt find the host form for the FCD tourny, so I don't know if that one is restricted or not.

If it is, I don't see how PA teams will be able to compete....

Oh, and btw, the entry fee for the FCD tourny is now $895! The DT tourny is still showing at $595.
indyfc
indyfc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 7/11/2012, 2:33 pm

go99 wrote:it is what it is but the Dallas cup must be careful sending in garbage teams to get run over. Teams come to play the Dallas cup for the competition. Some of those California teams can't be all that happy about the level of competition the came to play
Look at Tigres in the 97 division this year. They got hammered 16:0 & 8:0.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 7/11/2012, 2:36 pm

they should be able to still enter the tournaments but they have to play in the age group of their oldest player. Which in essence means they often end up playing up
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 7/11/2012, 2:38 pm

The German wrote:
go99 wrote:it is what it is but the Dallas cup must be careful sending in garbage teams to get run over. Teams come to play the Dallas cup for the competition. Some of those California teams can't be all that happy about the level of competition the came to play
Look at Tigres in the 97 division this year. They got hammered 16:0 & 8:0.

Yep they can't continue to put on a tournament for teams to travel all the way here to beat teams by scores like that. A tournament is only as good as the competition in it, even if they need to put fewr texas teams in in.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by indyfc 7/11/2012, 2:39 pm

go99 wrote:they should be able to still enter the tournaments but they have to play in the age group of their oldest player. Which in essence means they often end up playing up

I was under the impression that restricted tournaments did not accept US Club Soccer teams....
indyfc
indyfc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 7/11/2012, 2:44 pm

I think they had to give FCD their tourney as an entrance...after all, they are using the FCD Complex for the big games. Heard HN wasn't happy with stuff last year so not surprised there are changes.
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 7/11/2012, 2:46 pm

ah I see what you are saying. Those are NTX soccer affiliated tournaments and they are from a different governing body. I suppose they could always register their team in that association also. But really for a developmental league isn't the whole playing and winning so you can qualify for a tournament kinda flying in the face of all that? Really if thats what you want then just don't play PA stay in CL
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 7/11/2012, 2:47 pm

indyfc wrote:
go99 wrote:they should be able to still enter the tournaments but they have to play in the age group of their oldest player. Which in essence means they often end up playing up

I was under the impression that restricted tournaments did not accept US Club Soccer teams....
I am sure they make the necessary changes for PA teams so they have their chance to enter TC.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 7/11/2012, 2:48 pm

Soccerinsanity wrote:I think they had to give FCD their tourney as an entrance...after all, they are using the FCD Complex for the big games. Heard HN wasn't happy with stuff last year so not surprised there are changes.

Well he just should have had them increase the number of allowable guest players. You finish 7th place you cant expect to show all that well in the tournament.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 7/11/2012, 2:54 pm

Not arguing with you at all, GO! Smile
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by indyfc 7/11/2012, 2:57 pm

go99 wrote:ah I see what you are saying. Those are NTX soccer affiliated tournaments and they are from a different governing body. I suppose they could always register their team in that association also. But really for a developmental league isn't the whole playing and winning so you can qualify for a tournament kinda flying in the face of all that? Really if thats what you want then just don't play PA stay in CL

Yep, that's what I was saying, but German seems to think they will fix that...

I completely agree with what you're saying about PA being develpmental and shouldn't be in these tournaments. But you have to think about what players are in the DT PA team and what their parents are pressuring HN to do. They want to be in PA, but they also want to play in DC, so what else could he do, but give them a way in....
indyfc
indyfc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 7/11/2012, 3:02 pm

indyfc wrote:
go99 wrote:ah I see what you are saying. Those are NTX soccer affiliated tournaments and they are from a different governing body. I suppose they could always register their team in that association also. But really for a developmental league isn't the whole playing and winning so you can qualify for a tournament kinda flying in the face of all that? Really if thats what you want then just don't play PA stay in CL

Yep, that's what I was saying, but German seems to think they will fix that...

I completely agree with what you're saying about PA being develpmental and shouldn't be in these tournaments. But you have to think about what players are in the DT PA team and what their parents are pressuring HN to do. They want to be in PA, but they also want to play in DC, so what else could he do, but give them a way in....
Didn't last year the best local PA team qualify? With this rule change at least they PA team can focus on development during the season and on winning during the 2 tournaments. I think I just wrote the joke of the day. HAHAHA
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 7/11/2012, 3:03 pm

When are you all going to realize that this is HN's world, we just live in it?

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next