Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Texans Fall Festival Seeding process - Page 11 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Texans Fall Festival Seeding process

+42
Axxman
trblmkr
Goooaaal
OnTheSurface
cowpukesfan
twotone
crazyET
TBBD
True10
soccermom97b
getafe01
finish1
Family5
TEK2000
Soccerinsanity
Ace70
Marvelousmar
Maradona
Big Swoosh
Havefun
soccer23
eredivisie
Iplaysoccer
jimulon6
DragonStryker
go99
Turftoe96
toffeemate
EastTexasSoccer
bigtex75081
The German
rqps
love_your_refs
soccermom14
krowdkontrol
scrdad
my2cents
Se_la_perdio!
futbolfiend
omega striker
mspan02
Laimport
46 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Texans Fall Festival Seeding process - Page 11 Empty Re: Texans Fall Festival Seeding process

Post by crazyET 11/9/2012, 9:46 pm

Maradona wrote:
Laimport wrote:
my2cents wrote:
Laimport wrote:
my2cents wrote:Well perhaps they can learn a few things and apply them for the future. The bigest lesson should be do not base your whole season on how you do at 2 small local tournaments that the top locals use as warm ups for the CL season. Went to them in years past and our coach, to the dismay of some parents, ran guys in and out, tried players in different positions, tested different formations, rested top players alot, etc. It was not important to him. The season goal was league promotion. When we made D1 the goals were grand champion, DC and State Cup. Any decent D1 coach does not give a crap about winning or losing preaeason tournament games, gotsoccer points or rankings. After a summer of work and warm up tournaments if a coach wants to see how his squad stacks up in-state he does the PLD. Tournament committees know this and are going to take that into consideration.
Lesson 2; go to real tournaments and get a resume not some GS ( or IMO BS) points.
Lesson 3. Forget your assumption that top LA and MS are CL D1 quality. Case in point, they send their State Champion or top ranked team to the Presidents Cup where they get beat year after year by D3 NTX and D2 NC and FL teams. Their ODP teams get stomped at Regionals every year and they rarely have players on the Region III pool or team.

Oh forget all that because according to you guys my credibility is compromised. Very Happy
You know if you are going to get on your soapbox then at least get your facts straight.

La doesn't send their 'state champion' to President's Cup. They send their 2nd tier state champion. The state champ goes to USYS region3. Same as NTX state champ...

Now, yeah, I'll admit that a tier 2 La team is probably equivalent (or let's say the same competition level) to a lower D2 or even high D3 NTX team. But you are talking about 30K registered players in La versus 200K in NTX.

Really? You better have them fix the results from last year as they show the LA -CSC Fury 96 White as the team that went for 96s. They are the 2nd ranked LA team and went 1-2 in the Presidents Cup. In the 97s it was the 7th ranked LOUISIANA FIRE JUNIORS 97B LA FIRE NAVY (BLUE and they went 0-1-2.

Okay guys. I'm done talking about rankings and 'promoting' the team. I apologized already and acquiesced on some issues.

I don't know what else you want.

Apparently I've struck a nerve with some of you although that was not my intent.

So again, I'm wrong and you guys are right.

I'm not pressing the issue any further. Sooner or later, these boys will get their chance to compete against the top NTX teams.

And when that times comes, I'll personally notify you...so we can continue our lively banter..."in person". No emoticons. Nothing lost in translation.

Does that work for you all?

It works for me only if we get to the 10th page....have a "double or nothing" bet going now. cheers
CrazyET...please help!!!
Early game tomorrow. Gonna call it an early night. Hope you win your bet.

crazyET
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Texans Fall Festival Seeding process - Page 11 Empty Re: Texans Fall Festival Seeding process

Post by twotone 11/9/2012, 11:56 pm

Question: why would Louisiana soccer send it's state champs to the President's Cup instead of Youth Regionals? that doesn't make sense at all. or do they send them to both tournaments? that doesn't really make sense either.

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Maradona 11/10/2012, 12:42 am

twotone wrote:Question: why would Louisiana soccer send it's state champs to the President's Cup instead of Youth Regionals? that doesn't make sense at all. or do they send them to both tournaments? that doesn't really make sense either.

Yeah. Let's discuss "THAT". drunken

Maradona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 11/10/2012, 2:42 pm

Maradona wrote:
twotone wrote:Question: why would Louisiana soccer send it's state champs to the President's Cup instead of Youth Regionals? that doesn't make sense at all. or do they send them to both tournaments? that doesn't really make sense either.

Yeah. Let's discuss "THAT". drunken

They don't. La has 2 state cups based on league play/promotion and relegation.

The team that wins the 'top tier' (actual State Cup) sends its champion to regionals.

The 'comp 2' state champ goes to Presidents Cup.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom97b 11/11/2012, 8:54 am

Schedules are up. d1 and academy teams plus an out of town team only in top bracket. 12 there, lots of teams in 2nd bracket.
soccermom97b
soccermom97b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by love_your_refs 11/11/2012, 10:58 am

soccermom97b wrote:Schedules are up. d1 and academy teams plus an out of town team only in top bracket. 12 there, lots of teams in 2nd bracket.

Bummer TFC Blue didnt get a shot. What happened top 16 in the A bracket as stated on thier website???...What is to gain by a 12 person group vs 16? Even had to sacrifice their own D1 team to do it that way...Maybe it had to happen to put away the ETX controversy. Smile

I found some stuff on Huasca...so I think the top 12 are correct...with TFCB on the bubble.

love_your_refs
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom97b 11/11/2012, 11:03 am

love_your_refs wrote:
soccermom97b wrote:Schedules are up. d1 and academy teams plus an out of town team only in top bracket. 12 there, lots of teams in 2nd bracket.

Bummer TFC Blue didnt get a shot. What happened top 16 in the A bracket as stated on thier website???...What is to gain by a 12 person group vs 16? Even had to sacrifice their own D1 team to do it that way...Maybe it had to happen to put away the ETX controversy. Smile

I found some stuff on Huasca...so I think the top 12 are correct...with TFCB on the bubble.

We're definitely bummed...at this point seems pointless...playing just to play. No league games to prepare for...boys all gearing up for HS...only point of the tourney was to play higher level competition. We knew DC chances weren't that great but it would have been good work for the boys to get to try.
soccermom97b
soccermom97b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cowpukesfan 11/11/2012, 4:02 pm

[quote="soccermom97b"][quote="love_your_refs"][quote="soccermom97b"]Schedules are up. d1 and academy teams plus an out of town team only in top bracket. 12 there, lots of teams in 2nd bracket. [/quote]

I found some stuff on Huasca...so I think the top 12 are correct...with TFCB on the bubble. [/quote]

We're definitely bummed...at this point seems pointless...playing just to play. No league games to prepare for...boys all gearing up for HS...only point of the tourney was to play higher level competition. We knew DC chances weren't that great but it would have been good work for the boys to get to try.[/quote]

Good luck to you all next weekend.
About when does HS soccer season start?

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheSurface 11/11/2012, 10:18 pm

Wow, now my eyes are blurry and my head sorta hurts, but I plowed thru the last 5 pages anyway.

The best advice given. Play some games, build up a resume. GotSoccer points are really not that meaningful in the grand scheme of things. I seem to recall an older thread where we were having this exact conversation.

For what it's worth, I think that you did get a raw deal and I am glad you got your money back.

And, for what its worth, I also think it would've been more to your benefit to come out and play. And from the perspective of what really matters, which is the young men on your team ... they just wanna play.

All this is water under the bridge now. Good luck.

(did I make page 10? What a Face )
OnTheSurface
OnTheSurface
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Goooaaal 11/11/2012, 10:53 pm

OnTheSurface wrote:

No - did I?!! geek

Goooaaal
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Goooaaal 11/11/2012, 10:54 pm

Goooaaal wrote:
OnTheSurface wrote:

No - did I?!! geek

Nope - dang it!!! Sad

Goooaaal
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Maradona 11/11/2012, 11:08 pm

Goooaaal wrote:
Goooaaal wrote:
OnTheSurface wrote:

No - did I?!! geek

Nope - dang it!!! Sad

How about now? cheers

Maradona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/12/2012, 6:57 am

todays bump Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyET 11/12/2012, 9:58 am

Are we there yet?
crazyET
crazyET
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by trblmkr 11/12/2012, 10:51 am

just tryin to help out

trblmkr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Goooaaal 11/12/2012, 10:57 pm

I think it's really juvenile that you guys keep adding posts to this thread just to try and get it to 10 pages!

Laughing

Goooaaal
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 11/13/2012, 1:15 am

Does anyone know what the seeding process is for Bobby Rhine? Do they also split the brackets?
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyET 11/13/2012, 6:25 pm

Goooaaal wrote:I think it's really juvenile that you guys keep adding posts to this thread just to try and get it to 10 pages!

Laughing
I think it looks really juvenile when someone goes out of their way to point out other peoples' juvenility, while seemingly adding nothing to the substance of the original thread. Oh, wait. That's exactly what you did. We are all just trying to lighten the mood of this 9 page dissertation on the injustice perpetrated on ETX Premier by the Evil Empire a/k/a Texans. Razz
crazyET
crazyET
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 11/13/2012, 6:43 pm

crazyET wrote:
Goooaaal wrote:I think it's really juvenile that you guys keep adding posts to this thread just to try and get it to 10 pages!

Laughing
I think it looks really juvenile when someone goes out of their way to point out other peoples' juvenility, while seemingly adding nothing to the substance of the original thread. Oh, wait. That's exactly what you did. We are all just trying to lighten the mood of this 9 page dissertation on the injustice perpetrated on ETX Premier by the Evil Empire a/k/a Texans. Razz
"You don't know the real power of the dark side yet!"
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 11/13/2012, 7:17 pm

I resemble that remark!

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 11/13/2012, 8:53 pm

Almost there Razz
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Ochocinco 11/13/2012, 9:18 pm

Will this do it?

Ochocinco
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Goooaaal 11/13/2012, 10:00 pm

cheers

Goooaaal
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Maradona 11/13/2012, 11:04 pm

Goooaaal wrote: cheers

11 anyone? drunken

Maradona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 11/14/2012, 7:16 am

With this hassle (i.e. this string full of negative comments, ETX ultimately able to get out of this tournament) do you think the Texans Fall Festival learned their lesson for next year?

I was surprised that they narrowed the teams in the qualifying bracket down to 12 instead of 16 and jilted even more viable teams than expected. Do you think they'll try to pull this crap again next year? Do you think fewer teams will attend the event next year because of this?

Knowing how many teams got screwed this year by this bait-and-switch... I think a team would be foolish to register for this tournament next year before getting a written assurance that they will be in the qualifying bracket. Populating next year's tournament might be a much bigger hassle (and a much less profitable venture) than this year's tournament.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/14/2012, 8:42 am

this is NTX there will be no shortage of parents/teams happily waiting with open wallets
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next