Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Seeking advice on coaches/teams  Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Seeking advice on coaches/teams

+7
ayza
4theluvofthegame
DragonStryker
Madcap
fan1527
PitchBound
CH1
11 posters

Go down

Seeking advice on coaches/teams  Empty Seeking advice on coaches/teams

Post by CH1 10/7/2013, 10:43 am

Need some assistance here. I am seeking a coach/team that will develop young players and will work with them particularly with skills and learning the game. I have a family member who joined a team, but the coach has missed 2 out of 4 games due to him playing. The practice is only once a week, and basically here is a ball and pennies, now go scrimmage each other. The 2 boys have played rec, and were the top players on their team. They are looking to move up, but not happy with what they have seen so far.

Any advice or recommendations on 04’ coaches/teams would be greatly appreciated.

CH1
CH1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Seeking advice on coaches/teams  Empty Re: Seeking advice on coaches/teams

Post by PitchBound 10/7/2013, 2:14 pm

Take a look at Meja SC in Frisco. Not sure where you're located though.

Hope this helps

PitchBound
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Seeking advice on coaches/teams  Empty what type of team/location

Post by fan1527 10/9/2013, 2:37 pm

What part of town are you looking in? Are you looking for Club or are you looking for an independent team?

fan1527
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Madcap 10/9/2013, 3:40 pm

CH1, you've been on this forum since 2009 and have over 190 posts....and you need advice on who the good coaches are?? Do you read the posts? LOL.  scratch scratch scratch

Last edited by Madcap on 10/9/2013, 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : tie poe)
Madcap
Madcap
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 10/9/2013, 4:01 pm

I hear Oglesby is pretty good at developing his teams. Bates as well.
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CH1 10/9/2013, 4:10 pm

To Madcap, yes as far as current 04' coaches go, I need advice on good coaches. I have a 96’, so the coaches that I do like and are familiar with, do not have any 04’ teams. This is for a family member’s child and he would not be a “top tier DI” player (yet), so we are seeking a coach/team, that he can learn the game and continue to develop.
CH1
CH1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 4theluvofthegame 10/9/2013, 4:17 pm

John Gall, he has had success at every level. Academy, select, and high school
4theluvofthegame
4theluvofthegame
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 10/9/2013, 4:19 pm

CH1,

I have a 96 as well and am starting over now with an 08 in many ways. So I've been through the same situation. I knew all the coaches at the 96 level and found that most didn't have younger teams yet so I was at a loss as to who to go to.

I can tell you that I had a very good experience with AYSES and liked the skills they focused on as well as the possession style of play that was taught, even with the 07 team that my son practiced with. I've also had very good experiences with the Solar coaches. My boys have now played for 3 separate Solar coaches and all three were skills first, possession second, and dissuaded the boys from playing anything approaching a direct game. I may have gotten lucky with Solar but that's at least been my experience.

My oldest also played on several independent teams as he came up through the system and while I liked some aspects of the independent teams, the organization and professionalism I saw with Solar and the Texans (as far as how the team was run and managed) far outweighed the minor cost savings I saw with the independents. At least in my humble opinion.

My post above, I hope, was clearly taken in jest as Oglesby clearly has a top notch 04 squad, but it might not be a bad idea to look into the other Solar teams at the age level and I wouldn't discount AYSES as well. My son worked with Obara who doesn't have an 04 team but a quick glance at their website shows 3 04 teams, one of which Olali coaches (who I don't have direct experience with but have heard good things about).

Good luck.
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 10/9/2013, 4:21 pm

4theluvofthegame wrote:John Gall, he has had success at every level.  Academy, select, and high school
There's no question Gall produces winning teams, though I have watched his 07 team play this season and there is absolutely no question that he teaches a very direct style of play. Just something to be aware of in your process.

There's no question about his results however and I wouldn't want to discount that fact.
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ayza 10/9/2013, 6:25 pm

DragonStryker wrote:I hear Oglesby is pretty good at developing his teams.  Bates as well.
Unless you can get on the A team (red), the B team (white) is a joke! Don't waste your time on the B team.

ayza
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthe 10/9/2013, 6:53 pm

DragonStryker wrote:
4theluvofthegame wrote:John Gall, he has had success at every level.  Academy, select, and high school
There's no question Gall produces winning teams, though I have watched his 07 team play this season and there is absolutely no question that he teaches a very direct style of play.  Just something to be aware of in your process.

There's no question about his results however and I wouldn't want to discount that fact.
Agree. Gall coaches a more aggressive style of play...very physical.  Has been that way since his days at Texans.   IMO Gall does not focus too much on individual skill and you tend to see more long balls.   Solar & FCD have better possession styles of play do not look forward to his games.   Texans (Preston) does a good job as well.

whatthe
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 10/9/2013, 8:09 pm

ayza wrote:
DragonStryker wrote:I hear Oglesby is pretty good at developing his teams.  Bates as well.
Unless you can get on the A team (red), the B team (white) is a joke! Don't waste your time on the B team.
This was really said more as a joke. Unless you've been playing on his team for a while or you are quite talented, you have almost no chance of breaking into that team and getting playing time.
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by British steel 10/9/2013, 8:33 pm

Arturo Rosales / Texans. Excellent
British steel
British steel
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by British steel 10/9/2013, 8:34 pm

Arturo Rosales / Texans. Excellent
British steel
British steel
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Madcap 10/9/2013, 10:04 pm

CH1 wrote:To Madcap, yes as far as current 04' coaches go, I need advice on good coaches. I have a 96’, so the coaches that I do like and are familiar with, do not have any 04’ teams.  This is for a family member’s child and he would not be a “top tier DI” player (yet), so we are seeking a coach/team, that he can learn the game and continue to develop.
What part of the Metroplex are you looking in?
Madcap
Madcap
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ayza 10/9/2013, 10:17 pm

DragonStryker wrote:
ayza wrote:
This was really said more as a joke. Unless you've been playing on his team for a while or you are quite talented, you have almost no chance of breaking into that team and getting playing time.
Well, either you get on a great team and be a bench warmer, or you can get on a good team, and have fun. It is your choice. If you think your child can play well, I say try to get on a team that is not too loaded with talent, but has a great coach. Playing time is more important than trophy collection. Unless, of course, you just want to win now, like many parents out there. A lot of great coaches out there, so shop wisely.

ayza
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 10/10/2013, 10:56 am

CH1 wrote:Need some assistance here. I am seeking a coach/team that will develop young players and will work with them particularly with skills and learning the game. I have a family member who joined a team, but the coach has missed 2 out of 4 games due to him playing. The practice is only once a week, and basically here is a ball and pennies, now go scrimmage each other. The 2 boys have played rec, and were the top players on their team. They are looking to move up, but not happy with what they have seen so far.

Any advice or recommendations on 04’ coaches/teams would be greatly appreciated.

IF you live in N.FW or surrounding area Odyssey is putting together an '04 team. Have a handful of players but need more. Not going to be top team like Oglesby or Rosales, but is probably in-line with your description of these boys. My experience with the coach teaching skills has been very positive the last 5 years.

If you want more info contact patricksoccer@sbcglobal.net

Good luck.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by CH1 10/10/2013, 3:20 pm

We would need practices to be held in either N. Dallas, CFB, Richardson, Plano, or Frisco.
CH1
CH1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by IRAZsoccer 10/22/2013, 6:36 pm

Dallas rush 04 Deaton is looking for 04 players. We have a strong core and he does a good job developing them. Email mikedeaton@ dallasrushsoccer.com and I'll hook you up with information to try a practice.

IRAZsoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down