Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

texans Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

texans

+21
Soccerinsanity
protayus
KarateChop
ntxsoccerdad65
Real Barcelona
DarkHorse
cowpukesfan
chucky2
Number13
DamageInc
bunited
odie1993
giampiero boniperti
Fanofson
Rancho4C
just4kickz
British steel
What
PremierLeagueFan
Minilla
el chingon
25 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

texans Empty texans

Post by el chingon 10/15/2013, 7:13 pm

What do you guys think it's going wrong with the texans these days.not trying to insult anyone just saying it looks like they struggling a bit

el chingon
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

texans Empty Re: texans

Post by Minilla 10/15/2013, 7:15 pm

coaching sucks

Minilla
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by el chingon 10/15/2013, 7:17 pm

Wow!strong comments there bud

el chingon
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Minilla 10/15/2013, 7:21 pm

you asked

Minilla
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by el chingon 10/15/2013, 7:22 pm

I hear you and appreciate your thoughts

el chingon
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 10/15/2013, 7:51 pm

The coaching doesn't suck and the Texans are getting beat by teams that have BB's that can push them off the ball. They gave up a monstrous amount of goals and they are not moving the ball well or scoring against weaker opponents.This is a player and team issue and I won't be surprised if some players jump ship.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Minilla 10/15/2013, 8:33 pm

Comical. Yes, the Texans are getting pushed off the ball by those huge strong teams like the Liverpools of the ntx soccer world. The coaching sucks and the team is not improving at the same rate as some of the others. The Texans like to win too much and prior to kids jumping ship they will change the coach to appease the demanding Texan parents. Probably not a bad thing because that coach does not make kids better, except for maybe Rooney since surely he had something to do with that.

Minilla
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 10/15/2013, 9:28 pm

Oh my...

Why do you think that a coach from Manchester United's Youth academy sucks?

Do you really believe the Texans are not improving at the same rate as others because of the coach?

Do you really think that the Texans will change the coach to appease the demanding parents?

I think that the Texans are a D1 team that is going to have to work harder and smarter to adjust to the strengths of other teams that are emerging in Classic League.

PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by What 10/15/2013, 9:51 pm

They are losing because it's a game and it happens.
What
What
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Minilla 10/16/2013, 7:45 am

PremierLeagueFan wrote:Oh my...

Why do you think that a coach from Manchester United's Youth academy sucks? - Doesn't take a genius to figure that out, just watch.
Do you really believe the Texans are not improving at the same rate as others because of the coach? - As a team, yes. As individuals, worse.
Do you really think that the Texans will change the coach to appease the demanding parents? - You haven't been around here long have you....just wait a tad.
I think that the Texans are a D1 team that is going to have to work harder and smarter to adjust to the strengths of other teams that are emerging in Classic League.

Minilla
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by British steel 10/16/2013, 8:02 am

Minilla wrote:

Why do you think that a coach from Manchester United's Youth academy sucks? - Doesn't take a genius to figure that out, just watch.
Do you really believe the Texans are not improving at the same rate as others because of the coach? - As a team, yes.  As individuals, worse.
Do you really think that the Texans will change the coach to appease the demanding parents? - You haven't been around here long have you....just wait a tad.

Captain Marcio to the rescue!!!pirat
British steel
British steel
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by just4kickz 10/16/2013, 9:46 am

el chingon wrote:What do you guys think it's going wrong with the texans these days.not trying to insult anyone just saying it looks like they struggling a bit
They're 10-11 yr old kids. It happens to all of teams. Your team, my team all of the teams will go through this. It means nothing.
just4kickz
just4kickz
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 10/16/2013, 10:27 am

Minilla wrote:

PremierLeagueFan wrote:Ad hominem with no actual answer behind it. Ok, I am watching too and what do I see?
Do you really believe the Texans are not improving at the same rate as others because of the coach? - As a team, yes.  As individuals, worse.

PremierLeagueFan wrote:That is a double Ad hominem with no actual answer behind it

PremierLeagueFan wrote:Were you responsible for ousting the Previous Coach...Do you know how that went down?
I would say that "no actual answer" about sums it up!

PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Rancho4C 10/16/2013, 10:29 am

just4kickz wrote:
el chingon wrote:What do you guys think it's going wrong with the texans these days.not trying to insult anyone just saying it looks like they struggling a bit
They're 10-11 yr old kids. It happens to all of teams. Your team, my team all of the teams will go through this. It means nothing.
Touche!

cheers 
Rancho4C
Rancho4C
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanofson 10/16/2013, 12:35 pm

I wonder if Nipper taking a more active role in the overall Texans academy program might have something to do with it? Not able to completely focus on one team.

Every organization will have periods of less than desirable results. While my son plays with a different Texans team, we did not base much of our decision on the Texan name. Yes I feel they do many good things in helping players get college help and I feel they do have a strong history but we chose our coach based on who we felt could develop our son the best at this point in his career and the team family dynamic. If he was to go to Evolution, well I guess we could have to get used to wearing green.

Do I believe our coach is perfect? Nope. No one is. But he is just the only competitive coach I have been around in my 10 plus years dealing with DFW soccer that seems to have the right mindset. Does he want to win? Yes I would be worried if he didn't. Does he think we will win World Cup? No he has realistic expectations but still pushes the team to do better than what is expected. I have witnessed him put a player's well-being in front of winning on several occasions. He provides criticism effectively understanding each player is different and has to be treated differently and he is always quick to celebrate successes regardless of how small they may seem.

Point being, I would be concerned about any parent who is so superficial as to choose who they trust their children with based on a club name or their prestige. I pity the parent's who constantly move their kids around based on a team's win loss record and not allowing their child the opportunity to struggle with a team and be a part of the solution.

Yes just as with any team, that particular team may be "struggling" but I believe they will return to their lofty expectations and when they do each of the players who are a part that event will be better young men because of it. If I am wrong and they don't. Those boys are stilll better off for at least trying. There is not a good lesson to be won for the boy whos parent feels the solution is to desert the team and look for greener grass. Those boys may acquire more metals over their careers but they will never be "winners"
Fanofson
Fanofson
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by giampiero boniperti 10/16/2013, 12:50 pm

haha who cares stay with your loser team and watch while the winners and winners' parents take them to better teams with better players...who cares about the coach or the development

what you say is great and all, alot of poeple on the boards say the same thing but 95% of parents don't think that way, if they say they do they are usually lying

parents want to win, if your team doesn't win games, players will leave, very few really care about development because it is a 5+ year project and they aren't gonna hang around for that...no matter if the coach has the so-called "right mindset"...whatever that is

I'd be concerned with any parent who says that they are all about the development of thier bb wins don't matter right now....blah, blah, blah...it is BS

giampiero boniperti
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by odie1993 10/16/2013, 1:46 pm

4 wins, 2 losses and 1 tie means they are having a bad year?

I would be more concerned with the 6 teams that have a -20 or more goal differential and what this season will do to their teams then the Texans team which will be completely different next year when pre-academy starts full time for the players.
odie1993
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by bunited 10/16/2013, 1:58 pm

I don't usually stick my nose in 03, but I just want to say one thing in defense of Nipper.

Many of us (and I include myself in this) delight in bashing the Texans "win or die" attitude, but here is a guy whose sole love in life is to actually develop players by (gasp) playing them and allowing them to make mistakes, not screaming like a maniac and becoming incontinent over every goal scored. Give the guy his props. He signs players and he plays them. He loves the game and the development more than the win. Isnt this what we keep clamoring for?

I just find this all so sad. That people will leave because they're not grand champion is sad. If Texans keep him on, I would be wholly impressed and pleased, because it would mean the tide is changing to reflect an onus on the actual player instead of the team and its record.

You have another 3 years before Jr maxes out in many aspects of his development. Better make sure those are years well spent.
bunited
bunited
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DamageInc 10/16/2013, 2:03 pm

Wow.
Ha ha, loser team, who cares.
What you say is great, but 95% don't think that way, or they are liars.
Coach doesn't matter, blah blah blah BS.

Please put me in the 5%.
Coach is main reason my son is on his team.
Winning is great, happens often.
I guess you should be concerned that I am not taking my son from team to team chasing wins.

Stay Classy Boniperti.

DamageInc
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by giampiero boniperti 10/16/2013, 2:26 pm

Twisted Evil 

super serial

giampiero boniperti
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 10/16/2013, 2:44 pm

I believe at one point in early 2013 somebody said that U11 is just an arbitrary line drawn in the sand at which parents who have been pretending to be sane now feel that it's ok to publicly lose their f-ing minds.

And I used to think that guy was a dumbass.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Rancho4C 10/16/2013, 2:58 pm

Every couple of months or so a "Texans bashing" session happens on this forum. What's up with the need for the negativity? scratch
Rancho4C
Rancho4C
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by chucky2 10/16/2013, 4:34 pm

Minilla wrote:Comical.  Yes, the Texans are getting pushed off the ball by those huge strong teams like the Liverpools of the ntx soccer world.  The coaching sucks and the team is not improving at the same rate as some of the others.  The Texans like to win too much and prior to kids jumping ship they will change the coach to appease the demanding Texan parents.  Probably not a bad thing because that coach does not make kids better, except for maybe Rooney since surely he had something to do with that.

Wow how do you find the time to see every game.  You seem to know everything going on with every team.
chucky2
chucky2
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by cowpukesfan 10/16/2013, 4:49 pm

[quote="Number13"]I believe at one point in early 2013 somebody said that U11 is just an arbitrary line drawn in the sand at which parents who have been pretending to be sane now feel that it's ok to publicly lose their f-ing minds.

And I used to think that guy was a dumbass.  [/quote]

LMBO!!!!

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkHorse 10/16/2013, 7:16 pm

Fanofson wrote:I wonder if Nipper taking a more active role in the overall Texans academy program might have something to do with it? Not able to completely focus on one team.

Every organization will have periods of less than desirable results. While my son plays with a different Texans team, we did not base much of our decision on the Texan name. Yes I feel they do many good things in helping players get college help and I feel they do have a strong history but we chose our coach based on who we felt could develop our son the best at this point in his career and the team family dynamic. If he was to go to Evolution, well I guess we could have to get used to wearing green.

Do I believe our coach is perfect? Nope. No one is. But he is just the only competitive coach I have been around in my 10 plus years dealing with DFW soccer that seems to have the right mindset. Does he want to win? Yes I would be worried if he didn't.  Does he think we will win World Cup? No he has realistic expectations but still pushes the team to do better than what is expected. I have witnessed him put a player's well-being in front of winning on several occasions. He provides criticism effectively understanding each player is different and has to be treated differently and he is always quick to celebrate successes regardless of how small they may seem.

Point being, I would be concerned about any parent who is so superficial as to choose who they trust their children with based on a club name or their prestige. I pity the parent's who constantly move their kids around based on a team's win loss record and not allowing their child the opportunity to struggle with a team and be a part of the solution.

Yes just as with any team, that particular team may be "struggling" but I believe they will return to their lofty expectations and when they do each of the players who are a part that event will be better young men because of it. If I am wrong and they don't. Those boys are stilll better off for at least trying. There is not a good lesson to be won for the boy whos parent feels the solution is to desert the team and look for greener grass. Those boys may acquire more metals over their careers but they will never be "winners"
Who is Evolution? Green is my favorite color!

DarkHorse
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next