Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

texans - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

texans

+21
Soccerinsanity
protayus
KarateChop
ntxsoccerdad65
Real Barcelona
DarkHorse
cowpukesfan
chucky2
Number13
DamageInc
bunited
odie1993
giampiero boniperti
Fanofson
Rancho4C
just4kickz
British steel
What
PremierLeagueFan
Minilla
el chingon
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

texans - Page 2 Empty Re: texans

Post by DarkHorse 10/16/2013, 7:16 pm

Fanofson wrote:I wonder if Nipper taking a more active role in the overall Texans academy program might have something to do with it? Not able to completely focus on one team.

Every organization will have periods of less than desirable results. While my son plays with a different Texans team, we did not base much of our decision on the Texan name. Yes I feel they do many good things in helping players get college help and I feel they do have a strong history but we chose our coach based on who we felt could develop our son the best at this point in his career and the team family dynamic. If he was to go to Evolution, well I guess we could have to get used to wearing green.

Do I believe our coach is perfect? Nope. No one is. But he is just the only competitive coach I have been around in my 10 plus years dealing with DFW soccer that seems to have the right mindset. Does he want to win? Yes I would be worried if he didn't.  Does he think we will win World Cup? No he has realistic expectations but still pushes the team to do better than what is expected. I have witnessed him put a player's well-being in front of winning on several occasions. He provides criticism effectively understanding each player is different and has to be treated differently and he is always quick to celebrate successes regardless of how small they may seem.

Point being, I would be concerned about any parent who is so superficial as to choose who they trust their children with based on a club name or their prestige. I pity the parent's who constantly move their kids around based on a team's win loss record and not allowing their child the opportunity to struggle with a team and be a part of the solution.

Yes just as with any team, that particular team may be "struggling" but I believe they will return to their lofty expectations and when they do each of the players who are a part that event will be better young men because of it. If I am wrong and they don't. Those boys are stilll better off for at least trying. There is not a good lesson to be won for the boy whos parent feels the solution is to desert the team and look for greener grass. Those boys may acquire more metals over their careers but they will never be "winners"
Who is Evolution? Green is my favorite color!

DarkHorse
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rancho4C 10/16/2013, 7:54 pm

They're a small soccer club out of Colleyville.
Rancho4C
Rancho4C
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Minilla 10/16/2013, 8:10 pm

bunited wrote:I don't usually stick my nose in 03, but I just want to say one thing in defense of Nipper.

Many of us (and I include myself in this) delight in bashing the Texans "win or die" attitude, but here is a guy whose sole love in life is to actually develop players by (gasp) playing them and allowing them to make mistakes, not screaming like a maniac and becoming incontinent over every goal scored. Give the guy his props. He signs players and he plays them. He loves the game and the development more than the win. Isnt this what we keep clamoring for?

I just find this all so sad. That people will leave because they're not grand champion is sad. If Texans keep him on, I would be wholly impressed and pleased, because it would mean the tide is changing to reflect an onus on the actual player instead of the team and its record.

You have another 3 years before Jr maxes out in many aspects of his development. Better make sure those are years well spent.

What you describe is ideal, if only the coach could teach a thing or two.

Minilla
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Minilla 10/16/2013, 8:11 pm

chucky2 wrote:
Minilla wrote:Comical.  Yes, the Texans are getting pushed off the ball by those huge strong teams like the Liverpools of the ntx soccer world.  The coaching sucks and the team is not improving at the same rate as some of the others.  The Texans like to win too much and prior to kids jumping ship they will change the coach to appease the demanding Texan parents.  Probably not a bad thing because that coach does not make kids better, except for maybe Rooney since surely he had something to do with that.
Wow how do you find the time to see every game.  You seem to know everything going on with every team.

It's pretty difficult, especially with only one eye. But you know what they say about the land of the blind.

Minilla
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 10/17/2013, 11:03 am

Minilla wrote:
chucky2 wrote:
Minilla wrote:Comical.  Yes, the Texans are getting pushed off the ball by those huge strong teams like the Liverpools of the ntx soccer world.  The coaching sucks and the team is not improving at the same rate as some of the others.  The Texans like to win too much and prior to kids jumping ship they will change the coach to appease the demanding Texan parents.  Probably not a bad thing because that coach does not make kids better, except for maybe Rooney since surely he had something to do with that.
Wow how do you find the time to see every game.  You seem to know everything going on with every team.
It's pretty difficult, especially with only one eye.  But you know what they say about the land of the blind.
That's more like it, I knew you were capable of something other than name calling (the land of the blind comeback was exceptional). How about some perspective on your football/soccer statements so others can understand what leads you to believe that the Texans and Coach are substandard.

It's clear you have thoughts on the subject so why not share them?

*Minilla needs to feed and I am here to accommodate that need.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona 10/17/2013, 11:29 am

The informations I have from the coach is that he does teach the game to the little ones. So is this not true? I know his team has lost some games. Is this what you are referring to?

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 10/17/2013, 12:38 pm

He teaches the game and they are learning and developing from his coaching. They have players with skill and there is nothing wrong except that some of the parents are concerned about the team stats and are looking for a scapegoat. Like I said earlier, they are a D1 team that is adjusting to the improvements of the other D1 teams and trying come to grips with the changing landscape.

The Texans are a good team and should be happy with a top 5 finish, because Castro and FC Dallas have been decided for this season and they still have to get through at least 5-6 more tough games to get there.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Minilla 10/17/2013, 12:43 pm

PremierLeagueFan wrote:
Minilla wrote:
chucky2 wrote:
It's pretty difficult, especially with only one eye.  But you know what they say about the land of the blind.
That's more like it, I knew you were capable of something other than name calling (the land of the blind comeback was exceptional). How about some perspective on your football/soccer statements so others can understand what leads you to believe that the Texans and Coach are substandard.

It's clear you have thoughts on the subject so why not share them?

*Minilla needs to feed and I am here to accommodate that need.

In all fairness the man has not been around long and his philosophy seems to be a good one.  However, I just have not seen the ability for him to teach kids how to execute properly.  Nor do I believe he has what it takes to motivate the kids that need motivating.  It's all about forming the correct habits at this age so as they develop they can focus their efforts on the game itself.  Kids will get better simply spending time on the ball, but form bad habits and the longer they will take to break.  I do not recall bashing the Texan team by the way, they have some talented kids with much potential.  Coach has other teams and the Texan residency program.  You guys can all form your own opinions because that's all mine is, but if you want to give him a shot you better act fast, because unfortunately ntx is results based and short term at that.

Minilla
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Minilla 10/17/2013, 12:53 pm

PremierLeagueFan wrote:He teaches the game and they are learning and developing from his coaching. They have players with skill and there is nothing wrong except that some of the parents are concerned about the team stats and are looking for a scapegoat. Like I said earlier, they are a D1 team that is adjusting to the improvements of the other D1 teams and trying come to grips with the changing landscape.

The Texans are a good team and should be happy with a top 5 finish, because Castro and FC Dallas have been decided for this season and they still have to get through at least 5-6 more tough games to get there.

Last year I would give the Texans a top 5 finish, but it will not happen this time around. I'll give them D1, but they will be fighting for the 7-10 positions. The top two we know, and the next three will likely be Liverpool Trevino, Texans South, and Odyssey, in no particular order. Right now I'd give 6th to the lightning, though they can fall easily.

Minilla
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by el chingon 10/17/2013, 7:15 pm

So u guys think the Texas(south) are better than thornber's Texans

el chingon
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by British steel 10/17/2013, 9:51 pm

Minilla wrote:
PremierLeagueFan wrote:He teaches the game and they are learning and developing from his coaching. They have players with skill and there is nothing wrong except that some of the parents are concerned about the team stats and are looking for a scapegoat. Like I said earlier, they are a D1 team that is adjusting to the improvements of the other D1 teams and trying come to grips with the changing landscape.

Last year I would give the Texans a top 5 finish, but it will not happen this time around.  I'll give them D1, but they will be fighting for the 7-10 positions.  The top two we know, and the next three will likely be Liverpool Trevino, Texans South, and Odyssey, in no particular order.  Right now I'd give 6th to the lightning, though they can fall easily.[/quote

Agreed. Who is going to share the top ten? What about the LP's?
British steel
British steel
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Minilla 10/18/2013, 10:13 am

I completely forgot about Solar Red in my assessment so here are my predictions;

1. Solar Castro
2. FCD Premier

3. Solar Red
4. Odyssey
5. Dallas Texans South
6. Liverpool Trevino

7. Tx Lightning
8. Solar Gold
9. Dallas Texans
10. Liverpool Elite

3 thru 6 and 7 thru 10 are in no particular order. I think Liverpool Toshack and Schell finish 11/12.

PLF, don't disappear on me now. You got me talking, now please disagree with me about the Texans and tell me how they will finish top 5???

Minilla
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by British steel 10/18/2013, 11:08 am

Minilla wrote:I completely forgot about Solar Red in my assessment so here are my predictions;

1. Solar Castro
2. FCD Premier

3. Solar Red
4. Odyssey
5. Dallas Texans South
6. Liverpool Trevino

7. Tx Lightning
8. Solar Gold
9. Dallas Texans
10. Liverpool Elite

3 thru 6 and 7 thru 10 are in no particular order.  I think Liverpool Toshack and Schell finish 11/12.

PLF, don't disappear on me now.  You got me talking, now please disagree with me about the Texans and tell me how they will finish top 5???

It is what I think. Maybe LP Toshack could take Elite's place. They are playing better soccer and his coach deserved, very professional and dedicated.
British steel
British steel
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 10/18/2013, 11:29 am

Minilla wrote:
PLF, don't disappear on me now.  You got me talking, now please disagree with me about the Texans and tell me how they will finish top 5???
Don't ask such daft questions, as my arch nemesis you should know that I was busy working on my next pithy response to your CRAZY assertion that Texans are not a top 5 team.

I see the game against Schell this weekend as a new beginning for this team and a chance for you to see with your one eye that you are going to have practice Michael Jackson's moonwalk to enable you to quickly backtrack (with style of course) on your Texans prediction (aka.. SWAG).

If all goes as I predict, the Texans 03B will have a new holiday jingle for their beloved fans and anti-fans that goes like this:

One Coach a screaming, two strikers striking, three boys defending, four mids a moving, one mid attacking and a big, fast, mean, goalie.

It is written, and I have said it three times which now means that it is true. Respond if you dare....

PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Minilla 10/18/2013, 11:41 am

worldcup2014 wrote:
Minilla wrote:I completely forgot about Solar Red in my assessment so here are my predictions;

1. Solar Castro
2. FCD Premier

3. Solar Red
4. Odyssey
5. Dallas Texans South
6. Liverpool Trevino

7. Tx Lightning
8. Solar Gold
9. Dallas Texans
10. Liverpool Elite

3 thru 6 and 7 thru 10 are in no particular order.  I think Liverpool Toshack and Schell finish 11/12.

It is what I think. Maybe LP Toshack could take Elite's place. They are playing better soccer and his coach deserved, very professional and dedicated.
The Toshack and Schell teams have shown that they can hang with teams at times, but I just don't think they can do it consistently. But surely it could happen as you suggest.

Minilla
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Minilla 10/18/2013, 11:47 am

PremierLeagueFan wrote:
Minilla wrote:
Don't ask such daft questions, as my arch nemesis you should know that I was busy working on my next pithy response to your CRAZY assertion that Texans are not a top 5 team.

I see the game against Schell this weekend as a new beginning for this team and a chance for you to see with your one eye that you are going to have practice Michael Jackson's moonwalk to enable you to quickly backtrack (with style of course) on your Texans prediction (aka.. SWAG).

If all goes as I predict, the Texans 03B will have a new holiday jingle for their beloved fans and anti-fans that goes like this:

One Coach a screaming, two strikers striking, three boys defending, four mids a moving, one mid attacking and a big, fast, mean, goalie.

It is written, and I have said it three times which now means that it is true. Respond if you dare....

Funny stuff......and how did you know I could moonwalk? I just may have trouble doing it in that thick Richland grass but if I'm wrong I'll gladly give it a shot. But I'll have to bring my own boombox and music cause yours still needs a little work.

I do think you will beat Schell, the Texans are getting back on track and Schell is coming of a game that may in fact have been...fixed, followed by a confidence killing beatdown by DTS.

Minilla
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 10/18/2013, 12:05 pm

Minilla wrote:
The Toshack and Schell teams have shown that they can hang with teams at times, but I just don't think they can do it consistently.  But surely it could happen as you suggest.
As I said before...Some of the D1 teams will make the final cut because they possess "Features" that are difficult to overlook or overcome by the top 5-1. (FC Dallas Doesn't get a pass until the Full season is over...) Consistency is an issue for a few teams in this category, but as long as they are inconsistent against the weaker teams they will make the cut. By the end of the Full Season even the weaker teams will mount some form of a response and the bottom (19-20) will be very competitive (pulling out all the stops) to avoid relegation to D3.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by el chingon 10/19/2013, 11:21 am

Texans look solid today if they can keep it up it should be an interesting 2nd half of the season

el chingon
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona 10/19/2013, 11:31 am

Most of these kids will fall off the cliff and end up playing in lower level teams or move on to a different sport. Seen it in 3 different age divisions and there is no reason for me to believe that this age group is any different. Would love to see some formal stats though. So for those parents that are looking at who is who at this age level...just enjoy it. It really does not matter at this early age. Wait till they hit late teens and then start looking at the numbers. Focus on skills and individual development.

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by el chingon 10/19/2013, 11:44 am

It starts at this age so by the time they are in their late teens they have mastered the game and be better team players opposed to individual skills but just my opinion

el chingon
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ntxsoccerdad65 10/20/2013, 11:43 am

LP Barnes 2 - 1 over "Elite" yesterday. Barnes may squeak into top 10.

ntxsoccerdad65
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by British steel 10/20/2013, 1:30 pm

LP Barnes 2 - 1 over "Elite" yesterday. Barnes may squeak into top 10.

Interesting result for the LP internal race (or rase?). Toshack and Barnes are above the LP top team and so far, they will be still on D1 for U12  while "Elite" will keep the label in inferior division.

Last edited by worldcup2014 on 10/20/2013, 9:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
British steel
British steel
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KarateChop 10/20/2013, 5:55 pm

worldcup2014 wrote:LP Barnes 2 - 1 over "Elite" yesterday. Barnes may squeak into top 10.

Interesting result for the LP internal race (or rase?). Toshack and Barnes are above the LP top team and so far, they will be still on D1 for U12  while "Elite" will keep the label in an inferior division.

If it is "inferior" will Elite charge less? Should be a discount if you are not in the Top 2. Razz 
KarateChop
KarateChop
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ntxsoccerdad65 10/21/2013, 8:36 am

I want to hear more about this fixed game. I must say that I would not be surprised. I have seen some really bad (and one-sided) reffing.

ntxsoccerdad65
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona 10/21/2013, 8:49 am

Not the first time I hear rumors about fixed games or coaches asking other coaches to let them squeak through. There is quite a bit of dishonesty out there and our kids are in the middle of this mess and we are financing the whole system. Coaches know that winning brings in extra $$$ and some will due all they can to win or stay in a division. This will continue until the customers decide enough is enough.

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by British steel 10/21/2013, 10:14 am

It is suspicious, but considering Elite has lost vs Lightning and Cruz Azul, this one should not be judged as a surprise, the team has been inconsistent the whole season. More over, LP Elite is not going to have an easy spring since they need to play against solid teams (Solar Castro, FCDP, Odyssey, Solar Red (winter), DTS, LP Trevino, LP Toshack). Yes, It could be, but it is also a risk looking at the standings. I do not think coaches are willing to sacrifice their own team and prestige.
British steel
British steel
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next