Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Andromeda are out of ussf Academy Next Season Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Andromeda are out of ussf Academy Next Season

+21
PremierLeagueFan
allen04
Laroja_2012
debit
nutmeg04
Depor
SnookumsConCarne
DragonStryker
Reality Check
slrsoccer2
TheRecruiter
soccerdadrandy
Laimport
finish1
go99
davito
letsgo
omega striker
earbucket
Riquelme Rises
stripper
25 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Andromeda are out of ussf Academy Next Season Empty Andromeda are out of ussf Academy Next Season

Post by stripper 1/25/2015, 1:25 pm

Rumour has it Andromeda have lost the development Academy.....I guess the funding never worked!!!!

stripper
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Andromeda are out of ussf Academy Next Season Empty Re: Andromeda are out of ussf Academy Next Season

Post by omega striker 1/25/2015, 1:59 pm

oh s* get the popcorn ready!!!!!!!!!
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Andromeda are out of ussf Academy Next Season Empty Re: Andromeda are out of ussf Academy Next Season

Post by go99 1/25/2015, 2:41 pm

Lol hope you have some real info otherwise you should get new friends to get rumors from. What you said doesn't make sense. If they will kick them out of the academy because they aren't funded seems like solar would go first, then andro and then texans because none of them would be funded. So funding doesn't seem to be an issue for being in the academy. And the funding is intact because expenses are being paid. So surely the academy could come up with any number of other reasons to boot them from the academy and then who would take their place?

So rumor has it that Solar will be put out of the academy next season because of their shaky financial standing!!!!

Wow see how easy that is? And I didn't even need to create a new ID to do it
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Riquelme Rises 1/26/2015, 8:35 am

Thank you GO99....I wonder who had to create a new ID to spew their BS.

Unbelievable
Riquelme Rises
Riquelme Rises
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket 1/26/2015, 1:15 pm

Just out of curiosity, what teams have been stripped of DA status in the past?

I know several have been added, but not aware of any losing status. Looking around the web some have lost status, but I could find no release or commentary on why. Certainly no transparency from USSF.

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 1/26/2015, 6:19 pm

this one and done poster was just trying to stir up some dirt probably a coach from a rival club Rolling Eyes
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 1/27/2015, 7:12 am

Strippers aren't reliable anyway. Predictable, but not reliable.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 3/24/2015, 12:43 pm

earbucket wrote:Just out of curiosity, what teams have been stripped of DA status in the past?

I know several have been added, but not aware of any losing status.  Looking around the web some have lost status, but I could find no release or commentary on why.  Certainly no transparency from USSF.

Birmingham United (AL) lost their DA status. Think 2 years ago.

Guessing Chivas USA as well...baaahaaaa!!

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 3/24/2015, 12:52 pm

the problem is what reason would they give for taking the DA spot from andro
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 3/24/2015, 6:41 pm

go99 wrote:the problem is what reason would they give for taking the DA spot from andro
exactly !!!! scratch
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket 3/24/2015, 8:58 pm

Top Drawer article said the USSF revoked Birmingham United in 2012 and Orlando City got their spot a year early than expected. So did they revoke them to have Orlando City get in? That seems strange when they add teams all the time in the summer.

And Birmingham U is still in ECNL, so doesn't USSF control both sides?

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 3/24/2015, 10:38 pm

no ECNL is not USSF. There is talk of the USSF starting a girls league though
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 3/25/2015, 11:49 am

go99 wrote:no ECNL is not USSF.  There is talk of the USSF starting a girls league though
I would like to know what happened to the one post poster Laughing
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by letsgo 3/25/2015, 12:15 pm

go99 wrote:the problem is what reason would they give for taking the DA spot from andro

Whoever posted this either:
1) Wanted to cause some drama
2) Has some insight by working for a local USSF Academy Club

The only reason I see would be the most reasonable is the club reaching a decline like it did in the past. I mean, Andromeda is free right? Very Happy

letsgo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 3/25/2015, 1:27 pm

Is there another club in NTX that could argue they are better suited to field more competitive DA teams than Andromeda?
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 3/25/2015, 1:50 pm

sure there is. But if you say you are kicking andro out for not being competitive then you drop the veil of development and admit that the DA is about nothing more than winning, It will be tough to tell clubs to develop players after you kick one out for not winning. And for the record you could argue that LP is better suited to run an academy that every other club outside of FCD and possible even better suited than them
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 3/25/2015, 2:06 pm

Got it. I'm just playing the advocate here, but let's say the USSF wants to keep the DA scene exclusive and limited to only a few members per market. It seems fair to turn over the bottom performing clubs to support healthy competition for the spots. Without that competition, the USSF DA system risks becoming stale.

Of course, they could just add more clubs and more teams, but as we've witnessed by the explosion of the youth academy system, more is not necessarily better.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 3/25/2015, 2:31 pm

if you are going to limit it and make it exclusive (why would you do that when nowhere on the planet is the solution to reduce a player pool) then why would the only criteria be winning? If that is the case you have just told every member club to throw development out the window because winning is the only thing that matters. See yet again that same old american youth system problem. Back comes the old win now mentality. Now you could go finances, facilities, infastructure and things that actually effect development but then Andro wouldnt be on the chopping block.

Now personally I could care less. In fact it would end the charade that they are doing anything for development, that parents actually care or want development and that things will get better.

The academy should be looking for a way to put more kids in the DA not less. I thin LP should be added and a few teams south of us and possibly another in OK. Colorado and kansas should be put out of the region and just made into a TX/OK region. Call it the red river region. put a USSF director directly over the regions development and form a semi national team. It would touch more kids and bring down travel cost. Take it to U11/12 and 9v9 and 11v11 above.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 3/25/2015, 3:44 pm

Wow. I believe the DA system should remain exclusive and available only the top 2% of players in any given age group. If it explodes as you recommend, it will become just another league.

But then again, I believe the Pro Clubs should be playing in a league of their own.

To be honest, by U16, and certainly by U18, it's about results. That's why they keep score, team rankings and individual player stats.

Player development is a lifetime opportunity.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 3/25/2015, 3:57 pm

Being exclusive benefits nobody but the parents who get to say "hey look at me I am in the EXCLUSIVE league" The problem with knocking it down to 2% at 12 or 14 is that you have already cut 98% of your talent pool. Producing talent isn't about focusing on a small few it's about getting your hands on as much talent as possible. The reality is you cannot coach a kid to be a future talent he must already have the ability. By limiting the kids in you just make it less likely to find those kids. So a big problem with the US national team isn't just the players on the team. It is all over the players playing for other national teams that never got a single call up. Exclusive doesn't work. You cannot continue to miss and never touch talent

DA doesn't need to be a special league. It's needs to be a developmental league. And no it's not about results at U16 its about producing players. The only people who will remeber the u16 results are the kids who don't go on to do greater things. That why clubs like barcelona produce players because they aren't focused on the results. Do the kids want to win? Of course. But everyone in the system realizes their job is not dependent on the results but on the end product. PLAYERS.

But again it's as I said. Almost nobody here wants to develop players. They pay it lip service. But really they want to pretend to be mini pros playing make believe soccer players and academies. Just win baby!!! And that why we will continue to suck
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 3/25/2015, 6:38 pm

Interesting discussion. Regarding the exclusivity I don't think that is a problem. If you think about it the same situation exists elsewhere. The professional academies in Europe are not massive leagues for all comers. They are selective academies tied to clubs (MU, S'hampton, Ajax, Barca, Bayern etc) with limited capacity that kids get into on merit. The rest of the kids play for their local clubs. If they are identified or scouted then they get an opportunity to join an academy.

The whole system has different tiers that do the work of development and the kids that show the most potential are selected for more intense training 5 days a week. Frankly many kids in the system are not prepared to put in 5 days a week and want to do other things so only offer it to those who good enough and committed.

I agree that it would be nice to cut down travel here and maybe the way it is tiered in the US is not optimal. For example another way to do it would be for every club to be able to field 1 team that trained 5 days a week and played at the DA level. Other teams in the club could practice as much as they want and players try to develop toward their DA team but only 1 team plays at the DA level.
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 3/25/2015, 9:12 pm

yes but a big difference is the large academies aren't trying to be "exclusive" it is a matter of resources. They turn down or cut talented players all the time because they can only develope so many kids. So it's practical not superficial as in we want to be sexy and exclusive. And yes we need 2 tiers here. Many kids do not want to put in the development many just want to play and it has nothing to do with skill or ability. But if you make the DA "exclusive" you don't get players who should be in the system you get players who just want to be part of the sexiest league and then they are unhappy with the system and it gets changed (no highsvhool sports etc)
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 3/26/2015, 8:28 am

Think of soccer development in terms of good, better, best. Classis league and HS soccer are "good". The USSF DA system is "better". What we are missing is "best" and the link is the Pro Club system.

The Pro Clubs should be focused on developing future professional soccer players. IMO, they are devaluing their status by putting themselves in the same competition league as, say, Andromeda, or the Texans or Solar for that matter.

And the more clubs that are allowed to join the same league, it waters them down even more.

GO, you and I are saying the same thing. I'm just refining your argument about developing future soccer players vs future soccer fans. IMO, the DA is developing future soccer fans (ie, college). Pro clubs have a separate agenda and should develop to a very different end.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 3/26/2015, 8:43 am

I just think your faith in the pro clubs is misguided. They are doing nothing different or better than the other DA clubs. If you restrict that to just those clubs you will find that many kids locally who should be in the DA will not be. And many of those spots in the local DA team will be filled by kids who's parents have nothing but the desire to be in the most "exclusive" league. Now you add that to a country as large as the US is not even close to being covered by MLS. So you also lose all of those players.

Now if you do seperate the MLS clubs from the DA then you also need to change the scouting structure. Only bring in pro scouts and no college scouts. Push the college scouts to the Non MLS DA.

The league being watered down shows the wrong concern. It isn't about the LEAGUE and you aren't trying to build a great, exclusive, sexy LEAGUE you are trying to build PLAYERS. The more you can touch the more likely you are to find the players.

With all of that being said there are probably 2 teams worth of players playing in the DA locally and they are all on different teams. Pull a DA team and all of those kids still will not end up on the remaining DA teams.

So while you have faith in the MLS teams I have seen nothing that suggest that they are capable or should be left with the responsibility of developing americas talent
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 3/26/2015, 9:28 am

I do like a 2 teir system though. I wouldn't make it MLS exclusive though. Locally I would make it FCD and LP. Teams that could financially make it work. Make it fully funded nationwide league. And push out college scouts and bring in pro and international scouts. As the cost goes up the need to recoup expenses from players becomes more important and the willingness to fly a kid around the county because the parents have put in the political capital. Then all of the other DA teams would be resposible for the college development and can be parent funded
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next