Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

US Soccer changes ( Age Pure) - Page 5 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

US Soccer changes ( Age Pure)

+35
Academy18
lostball
SnookumsConCarne
alv3119
soccerdadrandy
CCM
bigtex75081
Impact05
harleypamer
FCD07 Mom
itscalledfootball
Rightback
earbucket
rdg
striker6
Soccerinsanity
Ozymandias.EBON
Fanofson
tequilaz1
DragonStryker
LLHowie
soccerdad#6
pitch18
Rancho4C
rocketpop
Booya22
omega striker
slrsoccer2
forward thinker
PremierLeagueFan
Laroja_2012
allen04
Number13
debit
Sprint
39 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

US Soccer changes ( Age Pure) - Page 5 Empty Re: US Soccer changes ( Age Pure)

Post by Number13 9/1/2015, 1:16 pm

CCM wrote:So you're telling me that we're currently a D1 Classic 02' team that has been a top 5 D1 team the entire time....yet when this goes in effect and we decide to "play up" just to stay together, we have to re-qualify for Classic and get moved to D3.  That is utter BS.  I'm sufficiently PO'd right now.

If you are D1 02 team, you currently have a U14 bye. Next year you will have a U15 bye from CL, in D1 or D2 depending on your results. Which means that everyone on your team has to be born after Jan 1, 2001. Which includes all of your current players. So you can all stay together, with the boys born after Jan 1, 2002 "playing up".

That will be the case for ALL current CL teams.

Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Laroja_2012 9/1/2015, 1:20 pm

bigtex75081 wrote:
CCM wrote:My son is a Sept 01 playing on a very good U14 (02') team.  Will definitely be following this closely.  I'd hate to see him have to switch teams after all they have accomplished together.  Heck, he might even decide to quit playing altogether depending on the impact...He loves his teammates.   Sigh
Sorry for that.

Your son will not need to change team, he will be in the same team playing U15 and his team will be a 01 team, with players born in 01. Players born in 02 are the ones that may be asked to leave to make room for the oldest 01. Which is essentially the situation of my son who is a 00 in a current 00 team but the team will be a 99 team next year. He is a starter NOW, but can he compete against kids who are a full year older then him?

Laroja_2012
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM 9/1/2015, 1:23 pm

Number13 wrote:
CCM wrote:So you're telling me that we're currently a D1 Classic 02' team that has been a top 5 D1 team the entire time....yet when this goes in effect and we decide to "play up" just to stay together, we have to re-qualify for Classic and get moved to D3.  That is utter BS.  I'm sufficiently PO'd right now.

If you are D1 02 team, you currently have a U14 bye.  Next year you will have a U15 bye from CL, in D1 or D2 depending on your results.   Which means that everyone on your team has to be born after Jan 1, 2001.   Which includes all of your current players.  So you can all stay together, with the boys born after Jan 1, 2002 "playing up".

How will that work with all of the D1 U15's that are already there and may stay when moving to U16? i.e., we play up (skip U15 due to age change) and stay D1, where is the spot? In this scenario, you could have 20 teams that are D1 correct? If all of the U15's don't play up and all of the U14's do...then 2016 would be a cluster of D1 U16s. Perhaps I am completely overthinking this! LOL

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 9/1/2015, 1:26 pm

CCM wrote:
Number13 wrote:

If you are D1 02 team, you currently have a U14 bye.  Next year you will have a U15 bye from CL, in D1 or D2 depending on your results.   Which means that everyone on your team has to be born after Jan 1, 2001.   Which includes all of your current players.  So you can all stay together, with the boys born after Jan 1, 2002 "playing up".

How will that work with all of the D1 U15's that are already there and may stay when moving to U16?  i.e., we play up (skip U15 due to age change) and stay D1, where is the spot?  In this scenario, you could have 20 teams that are D1 correct?  If all of the U15's don't play up and all of the U14's do...then 2016 would be a cluster of D1 U16s.    Perhaps I am completely overthinking this!  LOL

Teams will retain their bye if they "play up" as you state it (team stays together), they will lose it if they drop back down and jettison their older players.
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Laroja_2012 9/1/2015, 1:26 pm

CCM wrote:
Number13 wrote:

How will that work with all of the D1 U15's that are already there and may stay when moving to U16?  i.e., we play up (skip U15 due to age change) and stay D1, where is the spot?  In this scenario, you could have 20 teams that are D1 correct?  If all of the U15's don't play up and all of the U14's do...then 2016 would be a cluster of D1 U16s.    Perhaps I am completely overthinking this!  LOL

maybe you should look at it in a different way. all teams will change their name to a year ahead and play in the same age group they would have played before the change.
but they will be able to roster kids who are six months older than the ones who are in the roster now.

Laroja_2012
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM 9/1/2015, 1:28 pm

Ah. Ok.. Gotcha. Making more sense now...

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 9/1/2015, 1:31 pm

EVERY U14 team will become a U15 team. With a bye. So no matter what happens the whole bye system will be totally unchanged.

Now if every kid born Jan 1-July 1 of 2001 decides they want to stay and play U15 again, and every kid born Jan 1-July of 2002 decides that they want to move up with their current teammates into U15 next year, then sure....you would have too many kids for those 10 U15 teams in D1. But you would still only have 10 teams.

But that's never going to happen, most everyone will choose the path of least resistance. Would assume a fairly consistent distribution of kids willing to play "up" throughout the age groups. But either way, the 10 teams in D1 of U15 next year will be decided by the results of U14 soccer this year.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM 9/1/2015, 1:33 pm

I sure appreciate the explanation.  Boy did my feathers get ruffled in a hurry.  lol

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rancho4C 9/1/2015, 1:37 pm

No need to get PO'd, my explanation was meant for the 06's and 05's.
Rancho4C
Rancho4C
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 9/1/2015, 1:39 pm

CCM wrote:I sure appreciate the explanation.  Boy did my feathers get ruffled in a hurry.  lol

It might work differently than you thought, but in terms of its effect on long-time teammates, its gonna completely suck. You got that part right.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM 9/1/2015, 1:40 pm

Rancho4C wrote:

Yeah.. I'm good now that I think I understand it. If it was indeed like I misunderstood, I am sure you could understand my reaction. LOL

Take care!

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 9/1/2015, 1:45 pm

CCM wrote:

Yeah.. I'm good now that I think I understand it.  If it was indeed like I misunderstood, I am sure you could understand my reaction.  LOL

Take care!

Ok, good deal, now can we get a list of all the Jan-July bdays on your team? Very Happy
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Rancho4C 9/1/2015, 1:45 pm

CCM wrote:
Rancho4C wrote:

Yeah.. I'm good now that I think I understand it.  If it was indeed like I misunderstood, I am sure you could understand my reaction.  LOL

Take care!

Yup sorry for the wake up call, lol!

Take care as well

Last edited by Rancho4C on 9/1/2015, 2:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rancho4C
Rancho4C
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM 9/1/2015, 1:52 pm

Number13 wrote:
CCM wrote:

Take care!

Ok, good deal, now can we get a list of all the Jan-July bdays on your team?   Very Happy

HAHA!

The fact is, I have no idea!

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rocketpop 9/1/2015, 2:08 pm

We have some boys on my son's team that have played together since they were 5 or 6 years old. Now they will have to separate because of this new rule. Unless the whole team plays up.

rocketpop
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rancho4C 9/1/2015, 2:23 pm

rocketpop wrote:We have some boys on my son's team that have played together since they were 5 or 6 years old.  Now they will have to separate because of this new rule.  Unless the whole team plays up.

That's the key, having the whole team play up and hopefully your coach doesn't start to replace younger players with older players.
Rancho4C
Rancho4C
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by alv3119 9/1/2015, 2:25 pm

Can anyone give the site where the new "age pure" rule is written. Sorry if this has already been shown

alv3119
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 9/1/2015, 2:30 pm

Rancho4C wrote:
rocketpop wrote:We have some boys on my son's team that have played together since they were 5 or 6 years old.  Now they will have to separate because of this new rule.  Unless the whole team plays up.

That's the key, having the whole team play up and hopefully your coach doesn't start to replace younger players with older players.

Yup, same boat, four kids who started playing together in U6 and now are U13.   Two 02s, two 03s.  Ah well.

The issue is not going to be kicking out younger players, its that your younger players are going to leave on their own.   The siren call of being the older kid is going to be very hard to resist.   That is where the "older" Jan-Jul kids that might come to your team are going to be coming from.   Kids who were younger and now are looking to play a few hands at that soft seat in Queens.  

I guess it doesn't really matter what the motivation is, but I would expect a lot of movement of Jan-July kids.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne 9/1/2015, 2:48 pm

Number13 wrote:
Rancho4C wrote:

Yup, same boat, four kids who started playing together in U6 and now are U13.   Two 02s, two 03s.  Ah well.

The issue is not going to be kicking out younger players, its that your younger players are going to leave on their own.   The siren call of being the older kid is going to be very hard to resist.   That is where the "older" Jan-Jul kids that might come to your team are going to be coming from.   Kids who were younger and now are looking to play a few hands at that soft seat in Queens.  

I guess it doesn't really matter what the motivation is, but I would expect a lot of movement of Jan-July kids.  

I don't see my "BB moving up" to '01.
He'll have January 2001 kids 1 1/2 years older than him out there.
SnookumsConCarne
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 9/1/2015, 3:04 pm

I totally understand.  People are going to look at it, say it was hard enough keeping up with the Aug 1st kids, and say lets go be the kid with the advantage for a change.   If my kid was born a few days later, I might do the same.  Its not a sign of weakness, it makes complete sense.  

Which is why it is going to happen en masse.  And why this is going to be total turmoil.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Rancho4C 9/1/2015, 3:17 pm

Number13 wrote:
Rancho4C wrote:

How ever the movement is initiated, whether by the kids, parents or coach, imo it's gonna be pretty tough for a coach not to cut the younger ones for the older players. Around here, isn't it... bigger is better?
Rancho4C
Rancho4C
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 9/1/2015, 3:28 pm

Rancho4C wrote:

How ever the movement is initiated, whether by the kids, parents or coach, imo it's gonna be pretty tough for a coach not to cut the younger ones for the older players. Around here, isn't it... bigger is better?

I guess. Better is better. And the same kid, 14 months older, is gonna be better. I guess it will depend on the options that the coach has to select from. The filtering process will begin, and it will not end until a lot of the younger kids have moved down an age IMO. BB's team is a little different as a single standalone team, there is no natural cascade of kids that will be occurring inside our club. Some coaches are clearly already positioning for this whole thing to occur and probably know who they want to get and who will get kicked to the curb. I think our coach will really want the younger ones to all stay, cause he likes them and they are the only kids he knows. Worrying too much about a year from now in youth soccer is silly. I don't know much, but I know that.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM 9/1/2015, 3:41 pm

SnookumsConCarne wrote:
Number13 wrote:
Rancho4C wrote:

I don't see my "BB moving up" to '01.
He'll have January 2001 kids 1 1/2 years older than him out there.

And there you go...Didn't take long. We're already apparently going to lose Con Carne's son due to this. BLAH.

In this scenario, his son would leave our team and either find another D1 or requalify with a different team. One way or the other, it's unfair to somebody and it make me both mad and sad. CC and son are good peeps.

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by allen04 9/1/2015, 3:44 pm

Worrying too much about a year from now in youth soccer is silly. I don't know much, but I know that.

that's a fact
allen04
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 9/1/2015, 3:47 pm

Knowing that this change has been coming, have many academy programs already started making this switch on their rosters?  Or will most of them wait until August 2016 before making the change?
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM 9/1/2015, 3:56 pm

The lack of compassion for the existing kids that are effected from US Soccer is deafening. If they REALLY cared about the youth, they would phase this in and not alienate those caught in the middle. A grandfathered approach wouldn't be that difficult. But instead, they choose the heavy handed approach. Quite telling...if you ask me...

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next