Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

U-15 Age Pure Predictions/Results - Page 13 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

U-15 Age Pure Predictions/Results

+32
zero
Soccer14fanatic
SnookumsConCarne
dfwsoccerdad
frequent flyer
Onetouchpass
earbucket
Arsenal1984
geordie11
CincoB
SoloJonz
TayJ6
Marvelousmar
Soccerlife89
Ehlodog
muc03b
Forthegame4
finish1
Mundosoccer
OP05
hanallalone
PremierLeagueFan
soccerdadrandy
Gator Chick
Number13
donovansucks
davito
tpitty
GotNoGame
Sprint
Dragon Nation
booe817
36 posters

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

U-15 Age Pure Predictions/Results - Page 13 Empty Re: U-15 Age Pure Predictions/Results

Post by PremierLeagueFan 10/20/2016, 4:13 pm

Sprint wrote:
Ehlodog wrote:just watched the video of Solar vs Ody https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pKikcdTcyY

the #13 on ody was smooth definitely the best pure player on the field IMOO. He looks like he could play DA. ?

No doubt, have even suggested as such many times to his handler.  But that guy is nutz... jocolor

My kid quit ODP after they gave this same #13 Ody player low scores at the Alabama Camp. I guess he saw the same thing Ehlodog sees.

PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

U-15 Age Pure Predictions/Results - Page 13 Empty Re: U-15 Age Pure Predictions/Results

Post by tpitty 10/20/2016, 4:40 pm

#17 on stricker, the first goal of the game, definitely looks like he could play DA as well. Cool

Did your kid quit the broken arm year, or was it the following year PLF?

Last edited by tpitty on 10/20/2016, 7:30 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : had to add some amazing punctuation)
tpitty
tpitty
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 10/20/2016, 10:01 pm

Broken Arm Year and there are at least a few more on Stricker who could play in DA.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Onetouchpass 10/21/2016, 7:26 pm

PremierLeagueFan wrote:Broken Arm Year and there are at least a few more on Stricker who could play in DA.
o

PLF, I would like your opinion on which ones could possibly be DA material?
According to the current DA coach for Solar, none of them are!!

Onetouchpass
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mnimon 10/21/2016, 7:53 pm

Probably not a good idea to have someone calling out numbers or names on who can do DA in anyone's opinion.

mnimon
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehlodog 10/21/2016, 9:08 pm

"Probably not a good idea to have someone calling out numbers or names on who can do DA in anyone's opinion."

Sorry mnimon I really shouldn't have tried to compliment someone.... how rude of me.... scratch scratch

Ehlodog
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty 10/21/2016, 9:14 pm

Mine wasn't an opinion.
tpitty
tpitty
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gator Chick 10/22/2016, 12:20 am

hanallalone wrote:It was an interesting matchup between 2 completely different styles...  Could have gone either way, but the ball fell in the right place for Solar last night, so congrats to them...  Ody held possession, but never really got rolling offensively...  Many of the strongest attacking players (for Ody) sat on the bench after Ody was down 1-0, which seems to be the opposite of what one would expect in that situation...  Kid who scored a hat trick last weekend in the Saturday SRPL game sat 32 minutes of the 2nd half, and only came in at the very end...  I'm sure I will be scratching my head on that one for quite a while; I expected to see him play most of that match...  Weird night, and already looking towards round #2; it was a good match to watch despite the obstacles...

I wasn't a soccer player or fan growing up so I see the game in a different way.  It seems to me that part of the purpose of playing possession is to frustrate the other team, catch them off guard by switching field..you're basically looking to exploit a match up & possibly keep a potent offense from exposing a weakness in the defense.  So you possess in order to score.  ODY possesses very well against teams that give them space but when pressed it just looks like a lot of kickball like Wednesday night.  Don't get me wrong this can result into a fair amount of goals..against weaker teams but not the top 4...SR 0, FCDP 2, DTS 0.  Those teams are happy to let you pass the ball around until you get into the attacking 3rd.  Solar Red on the other hand doesn't possess long because they're too busy scoring.  They don't seem to need 12 passes to find a match up or weakness to exploit, they create it with their relentless pressure & ability to beat you 1 on 1.  I'm sure this will spark some debate but the bottom line is Solar Red has played every team once & they're 9-0 with 53 goals scored & 9 against & there's probably not a team in Classic League that wouldn't like to trade places with them.  The results speak for themselves.  Can they keep this up for 9 more games?  I guess we'll see.

Gator Chick
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone 10/22/2016, 4:11 am

As mentioned before, ODY can be and has been much different... Look at goals for and goals against last year and you will see the contrast from this year... ODY went the fall and spring seasons undefeated, and only conceded 6 goals in those 18 games... The team is arguably better on paper this year, but the chemistry and usage is not there yet... I hope we start to click soon; I did grow up in soccer, and when ODY is hitting on all cylinders it is a thing of beauty... Nice first half Solar Red, and good luck trying to finish it out with similar results...
hanallalone
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by zero 10/22/2016, 8:37 am

hanallalone wrote:As mentioned before, ODY can be and has been much different...  Look at goals for and goals against last year and you will see the contrast from this year...  ODY went the fall and spring seasons undefeated, and only conceded 6 goals in those 18 games...  The team is arguably better on paper this year, but the chemistry and usage is not there yet...  I hope we start to click soon; I did grow up in soccer, and when ODY is hitting on all cylinders it is a thing of beauty...  Nice first half Solar Red, and good luck trying to finish it out with similar results...

You are forgetting one thing.  Age.  ODY without a doubt was near the top when it comes to kids that were born in 2003 and late 2002.  The problem is that Stricker got rid of all his 2003 kids and almost all of his late 2002 kids.  ODY has multiple 2003 kids whose parents think they were too good to play in their own age group.  Those parents were wrong.  While many aren't overwhelmed it would have suited them more to play with kids their own age so they could have hones their own skills.  When you play against kids bigger faster and stronger it might allow you to use 1 or 2 of your moves, but the ability to use more than that pretty much doesn't happen.

Stricker proved he isn't a very good coach last year when he took a team that was undefeated a year before (bates last year)in the second half and the only team in TX to beat an unbeatable Castro team and turned them into a fourth or fifth place team. But even a poor coach can overcome his deficiencies when he has much more talent which is the case this year. While I don't necessarily think that the talent pound for pound is as good as Odyssey the size and speed of his kids make up for it. In other words Stricker with similar kids to the other teams likely does nothing he can overcome that by getting bigger and faster kids. Unfortunately for Odyssey Paddy is loyal as are some of the other coaches. Stricker would sell his own wife likely for a slighty better kid and if parents want their kids playing for people like that I won't be surprised when their kids turn out like they probably will.

zero
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone 10/22/2016, 10:08 am

I think the 2nd half of the season will yield different results... I thought FCD was the best team we played by a MILE... After FCD, Stricker, DTS, Castro, and believe it or not, Hunt were all pretty close... Stricker is good, no doubt, but I think we should have won the match if we played full strength... We had an OK showing, but we could have managed the game more aggressively and changed the outcome... Gator Chick called it, we had possession and they scored... However, the first goal was a "fortunate bounce" with a nice finish, and the 2nd was not exactly stellar either... I will hand it to them; they won, but I walked off thinking we are the better side and was disappointed that we held back so much in that big game... Either way, it will be a fun 2nd half of the season, and once again, Congrats to Solar for being 9-0!
hanallalone
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gator Chick 10/29/2016, 3:16 pm

Solar Red ties TSC Hurricane 3-3. Evenly matched game.  Solar went up 1-0 in the 1st 2 mins but TSC battled back to even the score 1-1.  Solar went up 2-1 with a goal 1 min before halftime.  TSC brought the offensive pressure we usually see from Solar to again even the score 3 mins into the 2nd half.  TSC hit a ball from the 25 that Solar's keeper lost in the sun...it hit his hands & fell into the goal making it 3-2 TSC.  3 mins later Solar scored the tying goal making it 3-3.  The TSC keeper made 2 nice saves to stop Solar from pulling away.  TSC kept the offensive pressure on until the end.  Solar's keeper redeemed himself by making an amazing punch over save on a rocket shot from the 7 to preserve the tie.  Overall I thought Solar was out hustled & lacked energy.  Too many boys walking around, ball watching & not moving toward the ball.  TSC is 1 of the top 4 teams in SRPL & they've been playing like it lately.  Both teams should have a little easier time tomorrow as they play lower ranked teams but you know how it is with 13-14yr olds...never know who will show up.  Hopefully this is the wake up call Solar needs to get back to form.  Good luck to ODY & LP Rush.  Trying to make it out to cheer you boys on.

Gator Chick
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone 10/29/2016, 3:46 pm

That TSC team is a quality side, and I think they will get stronger each week as they start to gel... They are big, fast, strong, and aggressive - so they match up well vs teams of a similar makeup... Honestly, they should have gone up 2-0 on Odyssey in the first 5 minutes, but our keeper came out and challenged their best attacker 1v1 to keep it even at 0-0 (or the outcome may have been different in that match)... Anyhow, that team is no slouch, so nothing to hang your head about, and I'm sure the fire will be lit in your next game...
hanallalone
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gator Chick 10/30/2016, 11:58 pm

Congrats to Odyssey for a successful weekend in SRPL representing NTX soccer.  I got to watch Odyssey battle it out with a much improved Chivas Houston team.  Bravo to the ODY keeper for several nice saves to keep the Chivas scoreless.  ODY had a few chances to pull away but couldn't quite finish including a PK that was saved by the Chivas keeper.  It wasn't pretty but with this level of competition a win is a win.  ODY moves into a tie for 2nd with ID Club & still 3 games left.  It will all come down to the ODY vs ID Club game this Saturday in Oklahoma.  If they can get past IDC on Saturday I predict they will win those last 2 games to secure at least a 2nd place finish & automatic bid to the regional tournament in the Spring.  IDC is a very good team with their 4 club pass players (like FCDP) but I have faith that the boys can handle them.

Gator Chick
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gator Chick 10/31/2016, 12:26 am

Congrats to Solar Red on a hard fought 3-0 win today vs Houston Express.  Fortunately for the Express, Solar missed at least 3 good scoring opportunities & the Express keeper made 2-3 impressive saves to stop it from being 8-0.  Not to be outdone the Solar keeper blocked a PK then saved the rebound to keep Houston scoreless.  Overall Solar played well enough to win but it wasn't pretty.  Unlike last year the teams in SRPL this year with the exception of 2 or 3 are some of the best Texas & Oklahoma have to offer so all of the games next weekend in Oklahoma should be competitive.

Gator Chick
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone 10/31/2016, 7:57 am

Nice bounce back for Solar while Odyssey eeked out another one (I had to use eek on Halloween)... NTX soccer still the best bets for top 2 spots, although none of these matches are "gimmes"...
hanallalone
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer14fanatic 11/18/2016, 7:48 am

Do you have the scores from last night anyone ?

Soccer14fanatic
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by booe817 11/18/2016, 7:56 am

Solar (Andro) 3: Liverpool Hunt: 0.

Not sure on the other game.

booe817
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone 11/18/2016, 1:17 pm

I see the FCD vs Castro game was 1-0 in favor of FCD... Castro no pushover... Interesting season...
hanallalone
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gator Chick 3/30/2017, 7:52 pm

Week 2 of the 2nd season predictions D1:
Solar Castro vs Cruz Azul 4-1, Castro proves too big & fast for Cruz Azul
Odyssey vs FCDP 2-1, Odyssey pulls the upset with 2 surprise goals in the 1st 1/2 then hangs on the win
LP Rush vs DTS 0-5, DTS bounces back with a win
Solar Red vs LP Hunt 1-0, this was a close 1 back in Sept too
Andro vs Real GP 1-2, Real surprises Andro for their 2nd win

Gator Chick
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone 3/31/2017, 5:04 am

Now that the rust is falling off, there's no telling how these games might go... FCD is gonna push hard to repeat the shellacking they gave Odyssey in the first half, so that game should be interesting...

I will take:
Castro
DTS
Solar Red (Congratulations on national tourney berth btw!)
And, the artist formerly known as Andro...
hanallalone
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gator Chick 3/31/2017, 8:26 am

Thanks my friend! I was a little bummed to not see you guys there in the other bracket creating some competition for that Midwest team that ran away with their side but I understand.  

On to classic league:   from what I have heard there has been a little bit of movement with players joining teams and leaving team so we will have to see how all of that shakes out.   Did your team do anything during the off time...I wasn't sure if you guys played in NPL or something else?   Good to have you back my friend and hopefully we can get more people to join the chatter on the blog… It makes the season fun and it's all in fun

Gator Chick
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone 3/31/2017, 1:06 pm

We did NPL, and I think we still have a game left (I can't keep up anymore)... Dropped out of National League and Dallas Cup, but probably was for the best... Glad to be back playing CL again and checking the board... State Cup and Region 3 on the radar now, and I think we have a remote chance to advance in NPL (VERY remote)...
hanallalone
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 3/31/2017, 1:40 pm

Lloyd Christmas thinks there is no shot at advancing in NPL
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone 3/31/2017, 5:34 pm

Samsonite... I was way off!!!
hanallalone
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone 3/31/2017, 5:38 pm

So you're saying there's a chance... I read ya...
hanallalone
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next