Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

96 Parent seeking advice from 95 Parents for next year Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

96 Parent seeking advice from 95 Parents for next year

+3
Kaivermor
futbolnutt
SoccerDummy
7 posters

Go down

96 Parent seeking advice from 95 Parents for next year Empty 96 Parent seeking advice from 95 Parents for next year

Post by SoccerDummy 2/10/2013, 9:41 pm

I posted a a similar topic in the 96 age group. I am looking to hear from the voice of experience as to the why your bb is playing U19 club soccer this year?
My bb is thinking of only playing high school soccer his senior year, which personally makes a lot of sense to me. He currently plays on a top CL team and really loves the game. However, he is realistic that his playing days are coming to an end since he would like to attend a larger university that does not have a mens soccer program (title 9). In trying to be a good parent, I want to make sure I provide my bb with all the points and counterpoints as to why he should or should not play the half season offered by club soccer his senior year. For those of you that have a bb playing this year, if you had it to do all over again, would you have advised your bb to play? Your counsel is greatly appreciated.

SoccerDummy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

96 Parent seeking advice from 95 Parents for next year Empty Re: 96 Parent seeking advice from 95 Parents for next year

Post by futbolnutt 2/11/2013, 8:49 am

I have a 95 and a 97. Obviously, it is a very personal decision and is unique to each family. For my boys, who both play two sports, they decided to only play high school soccer and focus on grades and school sports. It has turned out very well for both and neither look back on the decision to stop playing club.

I was actually the one that was somewhat reluctant to get out of club soccer. We get involved at age 4 and club soccer becomes a way of life for all those years, then it becomes difficult to make the decision to get out. Looking back on it, I am grateful they both decided to get out of Club and the associated politics, enormous (inflated) fees of North Texas soccer and the "ownership" the clubs have over the kids.

They both are excelling in both sports, have time to study for school and build strong bonds with the classmates/teammates.

So, for my family, it was the best possible decision and am proud that my BBs came to the decision on their own.

futbolnutt
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

96 Parent seeking advice from 95 Parents for next year Empty Re: 96 Parent seeking advice from 95 Parents for next year

Post by Kaivermor 2/11/2013, 9:46 am

I saw the post in the 96 section; wanted to pursue it in the 95 area.

What is the deal (literally) on U19 soccer?

That is, I had heard it was only the Fall Season, for the most part, but I thought it would be less cost.

Someone on the other thread wrote Full Year's Club dues for 4 months of soccer.

Is that accurate? Please write back and comment. Is it really the same price? Is it really just the Fall season / no Spring tourneys?
Kaivermor
Kaivermor
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle 3/11/2013, 3:31 pm

I also have a 95 and 97 that play club soccer. I think it depends on a number of factors.
1.If your son wants to continue playing soccer after high school then it is probably a good idea to coninue playing for the growth and the exposure.
2.High School is a step down in competition, especially for seniors. Either your school is really good and wins their games easily, or your school is not that great and the soccer gets pretty ugly. So if your kid want to keep their game sharp for high school or just loves playing at the higher level, then that might be another reason to play.
3.For the parents, most of us counted on having that last season of sharing that experience with our kids. If neither are burned out by that time and it is financially feasible, then it is not a bad way to steal a few more moments with your kids before they go off to college.
eagle
eagle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 3/12/2013, 10:34 am

This seems like an easy one.

if you aren't interested in playing next level, why waste the money? I say 'waste' because with the fees, etc. there really is no point. That's what club soccer should be about past u15...exposure and developing for future advancement.

Now, if you want to be competitive and fit for hs season, I suggest getting on board with a local adult hispanic league. In fact, I'd advocate that for most players anyway that are 16+.

Also, look into indoor/futsal and other small sided venues.

Now, don't take this the wrong way, but it sounds like your son definitely is NOT interested in playing in college anyway. I'm guessing he chose his university based partly on that fact.

Not 'title 9'.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona 3/12/2013, 12:11 pm

If the player brought the subject up, to me it means there is no interest in going beyond high school soccer. I would certainly not spend the money if the kid does not want to pursue college soccer. Paying for the whole year with a six-month season is atrocious. There are plenty of other soccer venues were he can play and have fun.

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by nearpost95 3/12/2013, 2:15 pm

Not worth it if finances are an issue OR your son is not a solid starter on his team. U19 D1 teams DO dump players before their senior season and/or max out the roster for a last bite at the $$$ apple. Full club dues for a 9-game season, then a couple of showcases and possibly state cup.

If he enjoys playing and will play and the money is not an issue, have fun, even if not headed to college soccer (which should remain known only to you).

What is true for all other age groups is also true for U19, except the financial penalty is higher. You don't want BB to be #15 - #22 on the roster. If he is, U19 is absolutely not worth it.

nearpost95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 3/12/2013, 5:12 pm

nearpost95 wrote:Not worth it if finances are an issue OR your son is not a solid starter on his team. U19 D1 teams DO dump players before their senior season and/or max out the roster for a last bite at the $$$ apple. Full club dues for a 9-game season, then a couple of showcases and possibly state cup.

If he enjoys playing and will play and the money is not an issue, have fun, even if not headed to college soccer (which should remain known only to you).

What is true for all other age groups is also true for U19, except the financial penalty is higher. You don't want BB to be #15 - #22 on the roster. If he is, U19 is absolutely not worth it.

great point. Except that how will anyone but the coach actually KNOW where he ranks on the depth chart?

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down