Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Andromeda Facility Forclosure Notice - Page 3 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Andromeda Facility Forclosure Notice

+44
arsenalfan
Yak Attack
R1
Ibystander
The German
Dissent
Freeatlast
debit
Crochet
kickingbird
Middie 07
eredivisie
omega striker
afrankw
Aswan
ntxsoccerchat
drsoccer
bootit
quickfoot
SoccerNutz07
scrmom
FlatBack4
Texflats
off_the_woodwork
DownTown21
nuchad
OnTheSurface
GK2
hobbit
mrclean
forbin
go99
finish1
socmom3
plantit
UEFAfan
soccer4fun
homer999
wbanul
Axxman
clueless
soccerdad1
soccerrus2
repo
48 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Andromeda Facility Forclosure Notice - Page 3 Empty Re: Andromeda Facility Forclosure Notice

Post by drsoccer 7/30/2010, 9:51 am

sounds like andro needs to hold a mandatory club wide raffle...

drsoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Andromeda Facility Forclosure Notice - Page 3 Empty Re: Andromeda Facility Forclosure Notice

Post by clueless 7/30/2010, 10:27 am

Brought some extra coin to practice last night, hoping to get a tractor, goal and a few hundred soccer balls. No such luck. Saw a flyer for a car decal, but no Mr Haney out there hawking stuff.

Andromeda Facility Forclosure Notice - Page 3 Haney
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Texflats 7/30/2010, 12:33 pm

drsoccer wrote:sounds like andro needs to hold a mandatory club wide raffle...
cheers
Texflats
Texflats
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by nuchad 7/30/2010, 1:11 pm

you know, its funny...everyone that in involved with them sure hopes they get everything worked out...wow, what loyalty to a club...

problem is, SOMEONE looks like they've been misspending YOUR funds

you know what will happen if they go under? nothing. there will just be a bunch of good soccer players with their parents either paying a different club so a kid can play competitive soccer...or, a new club will develop.

glad i'm not an andro parent, because it would bother me... then again, i don't think it ever bothered the club.

trust me that you can stick around and show loyalty to the club, and then when all hell breaks loose you'll be the one left scrambling. i assure you they want the money...if it comes from you, great. if not, they'll find someone else to get it from. it's the business of it.

nuchad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 7/30/2010, 3:20 pm

I'm a little confused as to what your advice to the Andro parents is, exactly.
They should look for a different club and not wish good will on the other parents?

I don't think I'd characterize it as a 'misuse of funds' - it looks more like they spent what they
didn't have, yet.

Again, it's just a place to practice, if 'all hell breaks loose' - how, exactly, will
that affect the parents/players?

If you let something beyond your control, control you, then, you indeed have a problem.
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 7/30/2010, 3:25 pm

Nothing will change for the teams and players. The lesson here is that soccer is not about facilities and fields. You can learn soccer in any open space. It's just here in the US that we think you must have pristine grass fields and clubhouses to play soccer. Hope the coaches and players don't let themselves get distracted. It is a little funny though.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ntxsoccerchat 7/30/2010, 3:35 pm

go99 wrote:Nothing will change for the teams and players. The lesson here is that soccer is not about facilities and fields. You can learn soccer in any open space. It's just here in the US that we think you must have pristine grass fields and clubhouses to play soccer. Hope the coaches and players don't let themselves get distracted. It is a little funny though.

I'm sorry - I actually agree with your point. The problem I have is with the clubs, coaches and parents who extol the greatness of a particular club because of their 'facilities' and such. All I've heard about Andromeda over and over through the recent years is 'What a great facility we have.'

So now what? All of a sudden it's not important and all you need is a patch of grass?

The facility either matters or it doesn't. It doesn't matter when you have one and becomes irrelevant when you don't.

I guess the good news is Andromeda's club dues should come crashing down right? No more expensive facility to carry?

ntxsoccerchat
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Aswan 7/30/2010, 3:48 pm

I am confused. Still, that's not your problem and I'll try to cope. Regarding the Andromeda thing, I have a question. What happened to the four million in financing announced earlier?
Aswan
Aswan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by afrankw 7/30/2010, 4:09 pm

go99 wrote:Nothing will change for the teams and players. The lesson here is that soccer is not about facilities and fields. You can learn soccer in any open space. It's just here in the US that we think you must have pristine grass fields and clubhouses to play soccer. Hope the coaches and players don't let themselves get distracted. It is a little funny though.

I would tend to disagree. The facilities are important. To be a top club, you need top quality coaches and the top coaches have expectations that you have a place for them to practice so that they do not have to worry about it. I agree that any patch of grass would do, but do you think that the top coaches would accept a patch of grass. They can take their team and move to another club that has the facilities that serve their egos. If facilities don’t matter, why do all the clubs and for that matter all sports team and universities keep building them. It has become the expectation. As you said, maybe only here in the US.
afrankw
afrankw
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 7/30/2010, 4:47 pm

exactly only the US. And as these supposed top coaches keep getting bigger and better facilities we continue to lose to kids who grow up playing on dirt and concrete. So we are winning at one thing. The ability to build top notch facilities. Probably also winning on having "top notch" coaches too. We are loaded with experts who can't coach and turn out the same garbage year after year.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 7/30/2010, 4:52 pm

go99 wrote:exactly only the US. And as these supposed top coaches keep getting bigger and better facilities we continue to lose to kids who grow up playing on dirt and concrete. So we are winning at one thing. The ability to build top notch facilities. Probably also winning on having "top notch" coaches too. We are loaded with experts who can't coach and turn out the same garbage year after year.
Andromeda Facility Forclosure Notice - Page 3 Affraid tell him what you really think? don't hold back a thought! Andromeda Facility Forclosure Notice - Page 3 Icon_cherry
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Aswan 7/30/2010, 4:54 pm

Yeah, don't really think a permanent facility is necessary. Coaches primarily want a steady and ample income with some sense of income security. Secondarily, they want to see their charges develop and prosper. Some of the best coaches and most competive teams still do not have permanent homes. The best teams Aswan Jr. has played for practiced for free on good grass at small municipal parks when daylight was long and rolled the money over into lighted fields at premier facilities when winter came. Having a good team chemistry, fair playing time, and competitive success was mainly what the players and parents cared about. Putting the money toward more/better practice/play opportunties would probably be a better investment than permanent lighted facilities.
Aswan
Aswan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 7/30/2010, 5:46 pm

Aswan wrote:Yeah, don't really think a permanent facility is necessary. Coaches primarily want a steady and ample income with some sense of income security. Secondarily, they want to see their charges develop and prosper. Some of the best coaches and most competive teams still do not have permanent homes. The best teams Aswan Jr. has played for practiced for free on good grass at small municipal parks when daylight was long and rolled the money over into lighted fields at premier facilities when winter came. Having a good team chemistry, fair playing time, and competitive success was mainly what the players and parents cared about. Putting the money toward more/better practice/play opportunties would probably be a better investment than permanent lighted facilities.

I'd agree - very tough to have practices (back to back with different teams) without lights after the time change. We always practiced at a park when light wasn't a factor, then at the coach's house (lighted) when it started getting dark earlier.

First time I saw ATF, I was with my dd at a camp - I was blown away that this was a dedicated facility. IMO, anyone who thinks differently is probably jealous. Same thing for Ross Stewart - unbelievable fields. When we practiced at PHP, I was disappointed as we could only practice on the turf - although, the lights rocked.

I do wonder, if/when, they actually get the money, if the fields will be available or 'owned' by Andro at that point - seems like that is taking an awfully long time.
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 7/30/2010, 9:22 pm

Aswan wrote:I am confused. Still, that's not your problem and I'll try to cope. Regarding the Andromeda thing, I have a question. What happened to the four million in financing announced earlier?

I think you missed it so i'll say it ( R e a l S l o w ) ............... Coaches and weed.
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by forbin 7/30/2010, 9:37 pm

plantit wrote:
Aswan wrote:I am confused. Still, that's not your problem and I'll try to cope. Regarding the Andromeda thing, I have a question. What happened to the four million in financing announced earlier?

I think you missed it so i'll say it ( R e a l S l o w ) ............... Coaches and weed.

Dangit, that must be some good weed. Do they hand it out like the free beer Axx is always braggin' about?

forbin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Aswan 7/31/2010, 9:49 am

plantit wrote:

Oh...Well, at least half their money was well spent.
Aswan
Aswan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by homer999 7/31/2010, 12:27 pm

Andro could lease the fields after they are sold to a new owner.
homer999
homer999
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by eredivisie 7/31/2010, 12:46 pm

homer999 wrote:Andro could lease the fields after they are sold to a new owner.
What if the new owner is Solar? Wouldn't this solve their field problem? It would certainly liven up the message boards...

eredivisie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nuchad 7/31/2010, 1:18 pm

eredivisie wrote:
homer999 wrote:Andro could lease the fields after they are sold to a new owner.
What if the new owner is Solar? Wouldn't this solve their field problem? It would certainly liven up the message boards...

that would make me laugh....HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA Andromeda Facility Forclosure Notice - Page 3 Icon_bounce Andromeda Facility Forclosure Notice - Page 3 Icon_bounce Andromeda Facility Forclosure Notice - Page 3 Icon_bounce Andromeda Facility Forclosure Notice - Page 3 Icon_bounce Andromeda Facility Forclosure Notice - Page 3 Icon_clown

nuchad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by forbin 7/31/2010, 5:21 pm

From what I have heard, everything will be fine and teams will not be affected. Just some financial manuevering going on. We can all poke fun and jab as competitive parents (plenty of jabbing from the Andro elitists over the last year), but I think it's important not to let the kids be affected.

forbin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 7/31/2010, 6:32 pm

damn it ! were down to scrapeing the bowl for resin. Andromeda Facility Forclosure Notice - Page 3 Icon_evil
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer4fun 7/31/2010, 8:08 pm

It is all very possible this is some clever financial deal or manuever, however for it to get to a point that someone filed and had to threaten foreclosure or those that want to have this happen have in some way planned it, is not making sense. Somewhere in andro world something is not right and someone has not been minding the business.
soccer4fun
soccer4fun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Middie 07 7/31/2010, 8:13 pm

go99 wrote:exactly only the US. And as these supposed top coaches keep getting bigger and better facilities we continue to lose to kids who grow up playing on dirt and concrete. So we are winning at one thing. The ability to build top notch facilities. Probably also winning on having "top notch" coaches too. We are loaded with experts who can't coach and turn out the same garbage year after year.

I have to chuckle a bit here. MY bb has been playing Andro teams at all division levels (mostly I & II) for the past 5 years and has yet to lose to one. HIS club team practices on a shoddy pitch where calling it grass is a stretch or on a lighted municipal field after the time change (yes, we pay a charge for lights - but it's a bit less than the 4 million the Andro parents are paying). In fact, because team dues aren't as high, his team is able to draw some really good players who are somewhat disadvantaged. Good coaching & good talent have proven to trump an expensive facility - every time in this case.
Middie 07
Middie 07
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Aswan 7/31/2010, 8:30 pm

I’m glad he has done well. Many people with inadequate facilities rise to the challenge and emerge unscathed, if not strengthened. This is not a uniform response, however. In others it creates a pathological complex commonly referred to as fieldus envy, a common symptom of which is a propensity to take satisfaction in the failure of those perceived to be more endowed.
Aswan
Aswan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Middie 07 7/31/2010, 8:42 pm

Aswan wrote:I’m glad he has done well. Many people with inadequate facilities rise to the challenge and emerge unscathed, if not strengthened. This is not a uniform response, however. In others it creates a pathological complex commonly referred to as fieldus envy, a common symptom of which is a propensity to take satisfaction in the failure of those perceived to be more endowed.

Swami, I see you are very wise. Only in this case, perception is not reality. I also get a big kick out of regularly beating the DT, Solar & FC teams. This is probably due to another pathological complex known as "sub cannis", better known to the un-learned as the under-dog complex. It has as much to do with the ability of those teams to put rules in place that only allow them to move players during the season "within" the club when they don't like the results the top teams are (or usually "are not", in the case of player moves) getting. Other clubs must seek releases from the former clubs, which, believe it or not, are not willing to allow one of their better players to go to a competitor.
Middie 07
Middie 07
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Middie 07 7/31/2010, 8:44 pm

I should really get one of those groovy likenesses for my avatar.
Middie 07
Middie 07
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next