Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Andromeda Facility Forclosure Notice - Page 4 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Andromeda Facility Forclosure Notice

+44
arsenalfan
Yak Attack
R1
Ibystander
The German
Dissent
Freeatlast
debit
Crochet
kickingbird
Middie 07
eredivisie
omega striker
afrankw
Aswan
ntxsoccerchat
drsoccer
bootit
quickfoot
SoccerNutz07
scrmom
FlatBack4
Texflats
off_the_woodwork
DownTown21
nuchad
OnTheSurface
GK2
hobbit
mrclean
forbin
go99
finish1
socmom3
plantit
UEFAfan
soccer4fun
homer999
wbanul
Axxman
clueless
soccerdad1
soccerrus2
repo
48 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Andromeda Facility Forclosure Notice - Page 4 Empty Re: Andromeda Facility Forclosure Notice

Post by Middie 07 7/31/2010, 8:44 pm

I should really get one of those groovy likenesses for my avatar.

Middie 07
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Andromeda Facility Forclosure Notice - Page 4 Empty Re: Andromeda Facility Forclosure Notice

Post by forbin 7/31/2010, 8:45 pm

Middie 07 wrote:
Aswan wrote:I’m glad he has done well. Many people with inadequate facilities rise to the challenge and emerge unscathed, if not strengthened. This is not a uniform response, however. In others it creates a pathological complex commonly referred to as fieldus envy, a common symptom of which is a propensity to take satisfaction in the failure of those perceived to be more endowed.

Swami, I see you are very wise. Only in this case, perception is not reality. I also get a big kick out of regularly beating the DT, Solar & FC teams. This is probably due to another pathological complex known as "sub cannis", better known to the un-learned as the under-dog complex. It has as much to do with the ability of those teams to put rules in place that only allow them to move players during the season "within" the club when they don't like the results the top teams are (or usually "are not", in the case of player moves) getting. Other clubs must seek releases from the former clubs, which, believe it or not, are not willing to allow one of their better players to go to a competitor.

That don't make no sense.

forbin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrclean 7/31/2010, 9:01 pm

My name is Mr.Clean and I have Fieldus Envy, Sub Canis, and Refereenia where through a state of pychosis I tend to blame all events on the referee. While I have tried unsuccessfully to overcome these problems, it is reassuring to know that there are others out there with the same problem.

I feel so much better now. Andromeda Facility Forclosure Notice - Page 4 Icon_biggrin
mrclean
mrclean
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Middie 07 7/31/2010, 9:07 pm

mrclean wrote:My name is Mr.Clean and I have Fieldus Envy, Sub Canis, and Refereenia where through a state of pychosis I tend to blame all events on the referee. While I have tried unsuccessfully to overcome these problems, it is reassuring to know that there are others out there with the same problem.

I feel so much better now. Andromeda Facility Forclosure Notice - Page 4 Icon_biggrin

Sir Clean, I don't know how you came about those Betti Davis knees but I believe you have what Dire Straits called "Industrial Disease". Take two beers and call a cab in the morning. Next patient please, send in another victim of Industrial Disease ...
Middie 07
Middie 07
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Aswan 7/31/2010, 9:19 pm

forbin wrote:
Middie 07 wrote:
Aswan wrote:I’m glad he has done well. Many people with inadequate facilities rise to the challenge and emerge unscathed, if not strengthened. This is not a uniform response, however. In others it creates a pathological complex commonly referred to as fieldus envy, a common symptom of which is a propensity to take satisfaction in the failure of those perceived to be more endowed.

Swami, I see you are very wise. Only in this case, perception is not reality. I also get a big kick out of regularly beating the DT, Solar & FC teams. This is probably due to another pathological complex known as "sub cannis", better known to the un-learned as the under-dog complex. It has as much to do with the ability of those teams to put rules in place that only allow them to move players during the season "within" the club when they don't like the results the top teams are (or usually "are not", in the case of player moves) getting. Other clubs must seek releases from the former clubs, which, believe it or not, are not willing to allow one of their better players to go to a competitor.

Yeah, I' really not all that wise.
And Mr. McClean, you do not sound unhealthy at all. It has long been my premise that delusion and artifice are twin pillars of a happy existence. Reality, on the other hand, can be a a hard patch of ground. So go wash up and renew youself with a hardy scream at at the TV-those guys are not any better than the one's at Richland.
Aswan
Aswan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Middie 07 7/31/2010, 10:45 pm

forbin wrote:
Middie 07 wrote:

Ummm - the "other" clubs are the underdogs - you know, must dance with the girl they brought - for the whole season - both Fall & Spring. In the old days there was a concept called N + 1 for holding a club's spot in the league. It wasn't great but at least a team had to resemble the one that started the season or advanced to the next season.
Middie 07
Middie 07
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kickingbird 8/1/2010, 8:44 am

afrankw wrote:
go99 wrote:Nothing will change for the teams and players. The lesson here is that soccer is not about facilities and fields. You can learn soccer in any open space. It's just here in the US that we think you must have pristine grass fields and clubhouses to play soccer. Hope the coaches and players don't let themselves get distracted. It is a little funny though.

I would tend to disagree. The facilities are important. To be a top club, you need top quality coaches and the top coaches have expectations that you have a place for them to practice so that they do not have to worry about it. I agree that any patch of grass would do, but do you think that the top coaches would accept a patch of grass. They can take their team and move to another club that has the facilities that serve their egos. If facilities don’t matter, why do all the clubs and for that matter all sports team and universities keep building them. It has become the expectation. As you said, maybe only here in the US.
SR seems to do pretty good w/out the luxury of a premier facility. City Park during DST. During the winter moving from field to field to find lights. SR is still able to find strong coaching and players. Plus, WIN.
kickingbird
kickingbird
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kickingbird 8/1/2010, 8:48 am

Also, too bad for the Andro Club. Have friends who moved over to club for the USSF academy. Followed LM from SR. I haven't heard anything from them about concerns or regrets due to club $$$$ issues.
kickingbird
kickingbird
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 8/1/2010, 9:17 am

kickingbird wrote:
afrankw wrote:
go99 wrote:Nothing will change for the teams and players. The lesson here is that soccer is not about facilities and fields. You can learn soccer in any open space. It's just here in the US that we think you must have pristine grass fields and clubhouses to play soccer. Hope the coaches and players don't let themselves get distracted. It is a little funny though.

I would tend to disagree. The facilities are important. To be a top club, you need top quality coaches and the top coaches have expectations that you have a place for them to practice so that they do not have to worry about it. I agree that any patch of grass would do, but do you think that the top coaches would accept a patch of grass. They can take their team and move to another club that has the facilities that serve their egos. If facilities don’t matter, why do all the clubs and for that matter all sports team and universities keep building them. It has become the expectation. As you said, maybe only here in the US.
SR seems to do pretty good w/out the luxury of a premier facility. City Park during DST. During the winter moving from field to field to find lights. SR is still able to find strong coaching and players. Plus, WIN.
its always going to be about talented players, and thats the bottom line!!!
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Crochet 8/2/2010, 6:51 pm

Yes, I admit that I love seeing a good car accident, enjoy watching drunk people embarass themselves in public, and am a fan of desperate-for-fame reality TV. I admit it. I'm a train wreck aficionado
With that disclaimer, this Ando situation has been a complete joy to watch: coaches not getting paid, rumors of collapse, miracle $4m cash infusion, boisterous press release, new coaches, and now--to top it all--practice facility foreclosure.
THIS BACK STORY SOCCER DRAMA IS MORE FUN THAN WATCHING THE KIDS PLAY!
I cant wait for the next phase of this debacle.
Substantively, the Club needs to fold into one of the big 3. Not enough talent in North Texas for 4 strong Academy teams. 3 would be better.
Crochet
Crochet
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nuchad 8/3/2010, 7:18 am

Crochet wrote:Yes, I admit that I love seeing a good car accident, enjoy watching drunk people embarass themselves in public, and am a fan of desperate-for-fame reality TV. I admit it. I'm a train wreck aficionado
With that disclaimer, this Ando situation has been a complete joy to watch: coaches not getting paid, rumors of collapse, miracle $4m cash infusion, boisterous press release, new coaches, and now--to top it all--practice facility foreclosure.
THIS BACK STORY SOCCER DRAMA IS MORE FUN THAN WATCHING THE KIDS PLAY!
I cant wait for the next phase of this debacle.
Substantively, the Club needs to fold into one of the big 3. Not enough talent in North Texas for 4 strong Academy teams. 3 would be better.

touche crochet! couldn't agree more...other than that there is room for four...the talent pool in this area is top 3 in the nation, and I would say it's pretty deep... maybe the ANDRO nickname is a deterrent - too close to Mark McGuire and the beginning of his cheating exposure. Maybe change the club name to the billy goats, and the logo can be a goat chewing money... Andromeda Facility Forclosure Notice - Page 4 Icon_cheers

nuchad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by debit 8/3/2010, 7:38 am

Today's the big day! Which one of you will be reporting live from the southwest entrance of the Jack Hatchell Collin County Administration Building from 1-4 pm?

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/3/2010, 2:27 pm

So ? Do we have a twitter account going for that ? We want to know !!

Back to top Go down

Post by debit 8/3/2010, 2:38 pm

They should have used eBay so we can all watch the bidding and ask the seller annoying questions about the property. That would have been quite amusing. Andromeda Facility Forclosure Notice - Page 4 Icon_twisted

I couldn't find the time to stop by there this afternoon, but I was willing to offer $100 + a 1985 IROC Z28 + a 6 pack of O'Doul's. That could have been the winning bid, and I'd be living like Andromeda Facility Forclosure Notice - Page 4 Icon_farao

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Crochet 8/3/2010, 3:03 pm

I GOT IT!
Yes, much to my surprise I got the property at the auction. And they threw in a few boxes of air fresheners.
Bidding was intense, with representatives of the Comets, Longhorns, and ASG all there. It was like a reject-club reunion--with Zeph, Dir, and Olali all back slapping and cursing "the evil big four". But sadly none of them had much money. Just lots of boisterous talk, empty promises, and tales from past glory days.
Andromeda was there also, threatening a "soccer-sit-in" in which all 276 players in the club planted their hind ends on the fields and refused to leave. They also had some parents there chanting "No Moss. No Hobby. No Moss No Hobby."
In the end, after several rounds of bidding I prevailed. $2650. Amazing. Less than my kid's dues this year -- and I now own a soccer complex.
I will begin renting field space as soon as I move all the little sit-in buggers off my grass.
Crochet
Crochet
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/3/2010, 3:12 pm

Crochet wrote:I GOT IT!
Yes, much to my surprise I got the property at the auction. And they threw in a few boxes of air fresheners.
Bidding was intense, with representatives of the Comets, Longhorns, and ASG all there. It was like a reject-club reunion--with Zeph, Dir, and Olali all back slapping and cursing "the evil big four". But sadly none of them had much money. Just lots of boisterous talk, empty promises, and tales from past glory days.
Andromeda was there also, threatening a "soccer-sit-in" in which all 276 players in the club planted their hind ends on the fields and refused to leave. They also had some parents there chanting "No Moss. No Hobby. No Moss No Hobby."
In the end, after several rounds of bidding I prevailed. $2650. Amazing. Less than my kid's dues this year -- and I now own a soccer complex.
I will begin renting field space as soon as I move all the little sit-in buggers off my grass.
That was GOOD miss Crochet ! I especially love the vision of those 3 coaches. That's awesome Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeatlast 8/3/2010, 7:12 pm

You're on a roll Crochet! Very Happy

Freeatlast
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Crochet 8/3/2010, 8:53 pm

Freeatlast wrote:You're on a roll Crochet! Andromeda Facility Forclosure Notice - Page 4 Icon_biggrin
I am indeed now arent I?
Seriously, though, does anyone have a report as to what happened today? I find it hard to believe there was an actual auction. My guess is that tje holder simply took property back and eviction proceedings begin.
What I'm most curious about is what the heck happened to the $4m cash infusion?
And how stupid do all these coaches look now who went over there.
I am going to retitle this thread . . . The Andromeda Strain.
Crochet
Crochet
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dissent 8/3/2010, 10:08 pm

Dissent
Dissent
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 8/4/2010, 7:50 am

Dissent wrote:
????
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 8/4/2010, 8:06 am

The German wrote:
Dissent wrote:
????
He's speechless, simply speechless.
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/4/2010, 4:07 pm

So really, no juicy updates ?

Back to top Go down

Post by nuchad 8/4/2010, 4:18 pm

gababa wrote:So really, no juicy updates ?

cuban and ryan and all those guys are still in court...oh, sorry...wrong team.

nuchad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hobbit 8/4/2010, 5:42 pm

My guess is that since it really did not include the Andromeda Training Facility there are not any updates to present...
hobbit
hobbit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Texflats 8/4/2010, 8:41 pm

hobbit wrote:My guess is that since it really did not include the Andromeda Training Facility there are not any updates to present...

LOL...Hobbit - the parcel being foreclosed is indeed the ATF...
Texflats
Texflats
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by off_the_woodwork 8/4/2010, 9:21 pm

So how about it Andro parents? Surely someone practiced tonight....any moving trucks or yellow police tape blocking the entrance when you arrived?

off_the_woodwork
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next