Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Development Academies v. Classic/High School - Page 3 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Development Academies v. Classic/High School

+22
SnookumsConCarne
mpcls55
Enjoy life now!
futbolczarina
The German
amateursoccerfan1
Ibystander
Se_la_perdio!
DarkHorse
Soccernovice
Number13
Sprint
go99
omega striker
Soccerinsanity
Laimport
soccerdadrandy
DragonStryker
British steel
my2cents
finish1
earbucket
26 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Development Academies v. Classic/High School - Page 3 Empty Re: Development Academies v. Classic/High School

Post by futbolczarina 6/18/2014, 7:23 pm

We've hit almost every possible scenario: CL, HS, PA, DA.  There is no perfect solution;  it is contingent upon the best fit for the individual athlete.
One of my boys plays HS soccer for the sense of community.  We find the coaches to be marginal, at best.  Nice guys, just not very good--possibly former football players.  HS soccer is good for the boy who wants to play up, and shine on the field.  

This is a personal choice, that may change dynamically from year-to-year.

If your goal is for the athlete to be scouted, skip HS soccer and play DA.  If it's to enjoy playing with his buddies, then either CL or HS is the solution.

futbolczarina
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Development Academies v. Classic/High School - Page 3 Empty Re: Development Academies v. Classic/High School

Post by earbucket 10/31/2014, 5:11 pm

A really good interview with Coppell HS coach on this issue.

Do you think you could provide an alternate solution for the problem? Do you think the two can work together or is it just the way it is?

Definitely. Each high school should have their own youth development academy. These teams would be community based and provide a playing style and program philosophy from the top down. The ability to create a direct pathway from beginning to the end would benefit the players and programs. All the other clubs from around the world are this way. The kids go to school together, they live around each other, they train together and there is a level of consistency throughout their entire youth that is foreign to club soccer players here.

We’re looking at starting our own Coppell Development Academy, which will do exactly this. The idea is to have 1-2 teams per age group for both boys and girls. The benefit is on both sides. As a player, there is no double duty with club and high school going on at the same time. The player develops under the same direction the whole way through their youth playing career. That’s something we hope to instill in the near future.

Read more at the link. http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/the91stminute/2014/10/talking-high-school-development-academy-with-coppell/?utm_source=All&utm_campaign=General+-+10-31-14&utm_medium=email

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 10/31/2014, 5:37 pm

So you have a classic league level team. Maybe!
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 10/31/2014, 6:09 pm

If all HS had coaches like Coppell we would be in a much better position soccer wise. Of course it helps that he has a CL stacked team.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sukiakiman 10/31/2014, 6:25 pm

Bunch of crap imo...good for the school district poor choice for elite players....the best players want to find each other and play with each other....coppell or any school district will not have enough...the eilte players will tire playing with the average players...sounds a lot like communism...sounds good in theory and terrible in practice

sukiakiman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 10/31/2014, 6:49 pm

Last year Coppell could have played against anybody in D1 and be very competitive, except Andro of course.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 11/1/2014, 8:56 am

OP, I agree let your kid play where he has the most fun.

Suki, don't be that Flower Mound parent hatin' on your town's rival. LOL! Dare to dream.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by sukiakiman 11/1/2014, 9:41 am

not hatin'! lol....not a Flower Mound homer....I guess I should be a Plano West homer...just don't think it is a good model to develop players

sukiakiman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 11/1/2014, 10:23 am

earbucket wrote:A really good interview with Coppell HS coach on this issue.

Do you think you could provide an alternate solution for the problem? Do you think the two can work together or is it just the way it is?

Definitely. Each high school should have their own youth development academy. These teams would be community based and provide a playing style and program philosophy from the top down. The ability to create a direct pathway from beginning to the end would benefit the players and programs. All the other clubs from around the world are this way. The kids go to school together, they live around each other, they train together and there is a level of consistency throughout their entire youth that is foreign to club soccer players here.

We’re looking at starting our own Coppell Development Academy, which will do exactly this. The idea is to have 1-2 teams per age group for both boys and girls. The benefit is on both sides. As a player, there is no double duty with club and high school going on at the same time. The player develops under the same direction the whole way through their youth playing career. That’s something we hope to instill in the near future.

Read more at the link. http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/the91stminute/2014/10/talking-high-school-development-academy-with-coppell/?utm_source=All&utm_campaign=General+-+10-31-14&utm_medium=email

soccer players could train during the mandated "pep rallies" for the football players. my oldest isn't even a starter and the sense of entitlement he feels as an american footballer is pathetic bounce bounce
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 11/1/2014, 10:42 am

The German wrote:If all HS had coaches like Coppell we would be in a much better position soccer wise. Of course it helps that he has a CL stacked team.
there is your answer right there, just think if Nuno Passos was able to take his  99 SR team from last season to HS then they would not only the be the best in texas but probably #1 ranked in the nation in their 10th,11th, and senior years in soccer hands down!!!   hell i wish we could have him coach over here at NM but its more like the land of the outlaws over in these parts Rolling Eyes
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 11/1/2014, 7:42 pm

I agree Nuno doesn't get the props he deserves and yes, if he were to take any of his Solar Red 99 teams of the past 5 years, he would have the best HS team in the US.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 11/2/2014, 10:46 pm

Going to see how the theory works in a couple years because Highland Park (who else) has the feeder team already....with a decent coach. Just can't remember who at the moment
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Enjoy life now! 11/3/2014, 11:06 am

The Coppell theory sounds great, let's all buy homes there... Smile

Enjoy life now!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/3/2014, 11:36 am

these high schools would have to have different coaches durning the offseason, wouldn't they?

Under UIL rules, a HS coach can't coach kids in 7-12 from their own attendance zone in the off season (correct?).

Back to top Go down

Post by Maradona 11/3/2014, 12:14 pm

blueisthecolor wrote: these high schools would have to have different coaches durning the offseason, wouldn't they?  

Under UIL rules, a HS coach can't coach kids in 7-12 from their own attendance zone in the off season (correct?).  

Isn't this the reason Bates has to let go of his Solar Red 03 team in the next few months. Do you know who will be the new coach?

Maradona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Enjoy life now! 11/3/2014, 5:35 pm

I believe this is what knocked Ogelsby (spell check) out from coaching a successful Solar Red 01 Boys... since he coaches Southlake HS

Enjoy life now!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 11/3/2014, 9:42 pm

Yes, they do have different coaches. High school coaches are not allowed to coach any high school student in club soccer. Technically, it doesn't preclude them from coaching the same kids before high school age; however, in this case it is a plan with a professional coach developing boys on the same team that all live in the same school zone, so they are developing a single school's team.
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mpcls55 11/4/2014, 4:46 pm

Enjoy life now! wrote:The Coppell theory sounds great, let's all buy homes there... Smile

Or maybe buy one home and share it!

As for DA, rather get playing time in Classic/HS than be the 20th+ man on a DA roster. No exposure there.

Also, would like to see this Frisco ISD hostels the kids are staying in. My understanding was they go to a school in Frisco ISD and get release around 1:00 (ish) to go train. Other than that, I think they reside at their normal residence. I'm sure in general, that cramming a full day into a shorter timeframe is difficult, thus the lower grades. The curriculum is probably the same as those kids that go to school until 4:00, just delivered faster.

mpcls55
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne 11/4/2014, 8:10 pm

There's this story out of Philadelphia:

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2014-11-04/high-school-soccer-stars-eyeing-europe-show-u-s-s-task.html

SnookumsConCarne
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 11/5/2014, 6:55 am

Here is a telling quote from Rakestraw's interview. This is why we play for him and support his programs.

"We watch their grades, keep up with their behavior in classes, we put them on a strength program and have a college-level weight room. We do character building through leadership classes and we have indoor facilities so we can train year round. We see our kids every single day, we get to work on all four pillars of the game. We hit technique, tactics, physical strength and speed, and the mental aspect of the game."
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 11/5/2014, 4:16 pm

Enjoy life now! wrote:The Coppell theory sounds great, let's all buy homes there... Smile
from what i hear within the next couple of years the only thing coppel will win is spelling bees and best project at science fairs affraid regardless of the coach,training,and deep pockets to cover all cost, in the end you still have to have talent Cool
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 11/5/2014, 4:39 pm

omega striker wrote:
from what i hear within the next couple of years the only thing coppel will win is spelling bees and  best project at science fairs affraid       regardless of the coach,training,and deep pockets to cover all cost, in the end you still have to have talent Cool

When I read this it sounds like you're making fun of Coppell folks for having money and smart kids.Razz

I bet they are really torn up about that. Rolling Eyes

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 11/5/2014, 5:06 pm

Sprint wrote:
omega striker wrote:
from what i hear within the next couple of years the only thing coppel will win is spelling bees and  best project at science fairs affraid       regardless of the coach,training,and deep pockets to cover all cost, in the end you still have to have talent Cool

When I read this it sounds like you're making fun of Coppell folks for having money and smart kids.Razz  

I bet they are really torn up about that. Rolling Eyes

lol nope sure didnt mean it like that but speeling bee and science stuff a coppell parent would know what im talking about Wink the other stuff was more about a complete D1 CL team getting the extra touches Razz
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 11/5/2014, 5:48 pm

I'm thinking Coppell will be dominant in cricket soon....

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 11/5/2014, 5:54 pm

There are "soccer prep schools" all over the country folks..this is nothing new. It's just a trend.

here's the real problem...

It's not a meritocracy...if I'm willing to write a 50-75K per year check...I could send my son to an IMG, Shattuck St. Mary's, Grande Sports Academy, etc. etc...

But in the end there's no payoff...

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sukiakiman 11/5/2014, 8:29 pm

Simple...if your kid is good he will be found...soccer players are born not developed

sukiakiman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next