Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Development Academies v. Classic/High School - Page 4 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Development Academies v. Classic/High School

+22
SnookumsConCarne
mpcls55
Enjoy life now!
futbolczarina
The German
amateursoccerfan1
Ibystander
Se_la_perdio!
DarkHorse
Soccernovice
Number13
Sprint
go99
omega striker
Soccerinsanity
Laimport
soccerdadrandy
DragonStryker
British steel
my2cents
finish1
earbucket
26 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Development Academies v. Classic/High School - Page 4 Empty Re: Development Academies v. Classic/High School

Post by sukiakiman 11/5/2014, 8:29 pm

Simple...if your kid is good he will be found...soccer players are born not developed

sukiakiman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Development Academies v. Classic/High School - Page 4 Empty Re: Development Academies v. Classic/High School

Post by Maradona 11/5/2014, 10:09 pm

Laimport wrote:I'm thinking Coppell will be dominant in cricket soon....

Happy belated Diwali cheers

Maradona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 11/5/2014, 10:51 pm

finish1 wrote:Here is a telling quote from Rakestraw's interview. This is why we play for him and support his programs.

"We watch their grades, keep up with their behavior in classes, we put them on a strength program and have a college-level weight room. We do character building through leadership classes and we have indoor facilities so we can train year round. We see our kids every single day, we get to work on all four pillars of the game. We hit technique, tactics, physical strength and speed, and the mental aspect of the game."

Weight training at a young age can stunt growth . Biometrics is all this coach should be doing until the skeletal structure is fully developed. So toss the fancy weight room out the door dip s* .
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 11/6/2014, 5:26 am

Plantit, dang, bro. We're talking about testosterone filled teenagers here. I don't believe their is any evidence that lifting weights in HS stunts growth for athletes. Tackle football players have been doing it for generations and they seem to be getting bigger every year!

Btw- They also do tons of conditioning training (soccer is still a running game) to improve speed and agility.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/6/2014, 8:01 am

I don't think weight training will stunt their growth but much of the weight trainning I have seen being done is the wrong kind. Bulk muscle build requires extra oxygen to be fed and can be a hinderance in an endurance sport. Focus should be on building a lean, fast twitch muscle which biometrics is often better at. So basically if you are lifting like a pointyball player then you are doing it wrong.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 11/6/2014, 8:35 am

Agreed. Certainly they are not lifting at the same degree as tacklers. On the flip side of the same coin, if weight training is NOT part of your workout schedule by HS, 'you're doing it wrong.'
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/6/2014, 8:41 am

I believe it was the barcelona academy that said they start on the strength and conditioning at 16
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 11/6/2014, 8:45 am

sukiakiman wrote:Simple...if your kid is good he will be found...soccer players are born not developed

Not true. Especially in this country. If it were true there'd be no academies.

The level of talent has far surpassed the level of coaching in the US.

In other words, we select talent...don't identify it.

The players identified at the youngest ages are usually physically mature and tend to be one dimensional players. Sure, some of these players are actually talented.

But it's naïve to assume that "if you are good enough you will be found"...

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by R1 11/6/2014, 5:31 pm

Lots of fantastic players don't make it in every sport. Yes, you have to be exceptional, but you also need luck and support on your side. Good coach to play you in the right position at right time, good team so your talent isn't hidden by absolutely no support, avoid injuries, have adults around who guide you correctly and help you find opportunities and avoid trouble (parents, coaches, mentors). If you have all that, and combine it with loads of talent, then you have a chance. Without it, talent will be wasted.
R1
R1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4