Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

97 PPL Mid-Week Predictions Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

97 PPL Mid-Week Predictions

5 posters

Go down

97 PPL Mid-Week Predictions Empty 97 PPL Mid-Week Predictions

Post by hoff1032 3/15/2010, 8:11 pm

Game of the Mid-Week

Monterrey (13-0-2) vs. TFC White (10-5) - Easy choice for the best game of Spring Break week. Monterrey handled TFC easily, 4-1 in the Fall. But it can be argued that TFC is playing some of the best soccer of this group in the Spring. They are 6-1 so far, with the only loss coming against Solar Gold, another team who is on a roll. Perhaps even more impressive: when you exclude the Solar Gold loss, TFC has given up just one goal in the other six games, five shutouts. And among their six Spring wins, the most impressive is their 1-0 win over FWU N Blue, a game that could potentially knock FWU out of second place by season's end. The TFC defense is a force to be reckoned with, and I think they can shut down the attack of Monterrey. But Monterrey has given up just a half goal per game so far, so this one will end up in a 1-1 tie.

In Other Action

Solar Gold (9-2-3) vs. Texas Xtreme (4-9-2) - Solar Gold is 3-2-1 this Spring, but that record is deceiving because their first two games out of the chute were a makeup against Monterrey from the Fall and then their regularly-scheduled game against Monterrey, which accounted for the two Spring losses. Since then they have won three of four, with a 0-0 tie thrown in against rival FWU N Blue. Plus, Solar Gold knows that if they win out, they will likely finish in second place and earn the final Challenge berth. Texas Xtreme escaped with a 3-2 win over Aces last Saturday by scoring in the last 30 seconds of the game. They will not be able to control the Solar attack and will fall 3-1.

TLSC (5-7-3) vs. Valencia (7-2-2, 0-4-1) - TLSC has experienced some tough losses this season, including their 1-0 loss to Solar Gold on Saturday. They tied Aces 1-1 in their earlier game against a group-jumper, but I think they will be able to overcome the game Valencia will bring. TLSC 2-1.

FWU N Blue (10-1-4) vs. Nationals (4-8-3) - FWU N Blue knows they have no margin for error, as any result but a win the rest of the way could doom their chances of earning a Challenge berth. Last season they had a poor Spring campaign and the Challenge berth slipped through their grasp. They may slip up in next Saturday's all-important game against Monterrey, but they will take care of business here to set up the game of the year. FWU 3-0.

ASG (6-6-2) vs. Aces (8-1-2, 0-4-1) - ASG tends to take care of business against teams with worse records, and struggles against teams with better records, as evidenced by their .500 record. Logic says they should handle Aces pretty easily. Aces has been improving as the Spring has worn on, but has not been able to get over the hump to get a W. Aces will give ASG all they want, but ASG will ultimately come away with a 2-1 victory.

The Wildcard this week is Spring Break, as some teams could be missing key players who are on vacation. It will be interesting to see if some upsets take place because teams are at less than full strength.
hoff1032
hoff1032
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

97 PPL Mid-Week Predictions Empty Re: 97 PPL Mid-Week Predictions

Post by homer999 3/18/2010, 9:45 am

hoff1032 wrote:Game of the Mid-Week

Monterrey (13-0-2) vs. TFC White (10-5) - Easy choice for the best game of Spring Break week. Monterrey handled TFC easily, 4-1 in the Fall. But it can be argued that TFC is playing some of the best soccer of this group in the Spring. They are 6-1 so far, with the only loss coming against Solar Gold, another team who is on a roll. Perhaps even more impressive: when you exclude the Solar Gold loss, TFC has given up just one goal in the other six games, five shutouts. And among their six Spring wins, the most impressive is their 1-0 win over FWU N Blue, a game that could potentially knock FWU out of second place by season's end. The TFC defense is a force to be reckoned with, and I think they can shut down the attack of Monterrey. But Monterrey has given up just a half goal per game so far, so this one will end up in a 1-1 tie.

In Other Action

Solar Gold (9-2-3) vs. Texas Xtreme (4-9-2) - Solar Gold is 3-2-1 this Spring, but that record is deceiving because their first two games out of the chute were a makeup against Monterrey from the Fall and then their regularly-scheduled game against Monterrey, which accounted for the two Spring losses. Since then they have won three of four, with a 0-0 tie thrown in against rival FWU N Blue. Plus, Solar Gold knows that if they win out, they will likely finish in second place and earn the final Challenge berth. Texas Xtreme escaped with a 3-2 win over Aces last Saturday by scoring in the last 30 seconds of the game. They will not be able to control the Solar attack and will fall 3-1.

TLSC (5-7-3) vs. Valencia (7-2-2, 0-4-1) - TLSC has experienced some tough losses this season, including their 1-0 loss to Solar Gold on Saturday. They tied Aces 1-1 in their earlier game against a group-jumper, but I think they will be able to overcome the game Valencia will bring. TLSC 2-1.

FWU N Blue (10-1-4) vs. Nationals (4-8-3) - FWU N Blue knows they have no margin for error, as any result but a win the rest of the way could doom their chances of earning a Challenge berth. Last season they had a poor Spring campaign and the Challenge berth slipped through their grasp. They may slip up in next Saturday's all-important game against Monterrey, but they will take care of business here to set up the game of the year. FWU 3-0.

ASG (6-6-2) vs. Aces (8-1-2, 0-4-1) - ASG tends to take care of business against teams with worse records, and struggles against teams with better records, as evidenced by their .500 record. Logic says they should handle Aces pretty easily. Aces has been improving as the Spring has worn on, but has not been able to get over the hump to get a W. Aces will give ASG all they want, but ASG will ultimately come away with a 2-1 victory.

The Wildcard this week is Spring Break, as some teams could be missing key players who are on vacation. It will be interesting to see if some upsets take place because teams are at less than full strength.
Saw part of the Monterrey game last night. 2-0 win over TFC. Monterrey will do very well in D3. TFC's big test is their last game on 3/27. TFC lost to TLSC 1-0 last time so the question is whether or not they have improved enough to win this time.
homer999
homer999
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hoff1032 3/18/2010, 10:40 am

Yeah, it's pretty clear that they need to move up to Classic League and give some of the rest of us a chance. Nice win by Monterrey.

BWT, what's up with Tigres in Group 2? They ran off 14 straight wins without a loss or a tie, and all of a sudden they have two ties in a row. Maybe a bit of complacency setting in? They are not dominating the competition anymore. Even so, they are definitely a contender for making Group 1 next season if they stay together.
hoff1032
hoff1032
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by homer999 3/18/2010, 11:00 am

hoff1032 wrote:Yeah, it's pretty clear that they need to move up to Classic League and give some of the rest of us a chance. Nice win by Monterrey.

BWT, what's up with Tigres in Group 2? They ran off 14 straight wins without a loss or a tie, and all of a sudden they have two ties in a row. Maybe a bit of complacency setting in? They are not dominating the competition anymore. Even so, they are definitely a contender for making Group 1 next season if they stay together.
I heard they moved some players up to the other Tigres teams teams in D2 and D3. Heard ASG did the same thing.
homer999
homer999
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hoff1032 3/18/2010, 11:31 am

They had 2 or 3 studs when we played them in the Fall. Without those boys, the team would be just an above average team. Which would explain their most recent Spring results.

It may also explain why they chose not to move up to Group 1 this Spring.
hoff1032
hoff1032
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mspan02 3/18/2010, 12:24 pm

I can confirm homer is correct in that ASGRW added 2 from ASGW, 1 last week (official I assume since he played in the game but that was the first I had seen him as he was at no practices prior) and 1 this week (from what I was told as he was at practice this week but I was not, son on spring break mon-2day w/mom).
1 apparently (I say this since I never actually saw ASGW play this season) was a tall forward and the other is a midfielder, their best player from what I heard?
Not sure how good they are as just looking at the numbers it looks like ASGW scored 13 goals in 3 games against the lowest three teams and 11 in 11 games against all others so take that however you want.
I do know ASGRW had 2 openings since Dec when 1 of their better players moved to the state of Washington (the other "quit" approx late Sept).

mspan02
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by LDW 3/18/2010, 9:10 pm

FWUB 1 Nationals 0
LDW
LDW
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom97b 3/18/2010, 9:41 pm

Asg 0 aces 0

Longhorns 2 valencia 0

Last edited by soccermom97b on 3/18/2010, 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
soccermom97b
soccermom97b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hoff1032 3/18/2010, 9:49 pm

ASG played with 10 players the whole game (thanks PPL for these Spring Break games!). The game was about as evenly-played as the score suggests. Both teams had a handful of scoring chances but couldn't finish.
hoff1032
hoff1032
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down