Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

U-15 Age Pure Predictions/Results Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

U-15 Age Pure Predictions/Results

+32
zero
Soccer14fanatic
SnookumsConCarne
dfwsoccerdad
frequent flyer
Onetouchpass
earbucket
Arsenal1984
geordie11
CincoB
SoloJonz
TayJ6
Marvelousmar
Soccerlife89
Ehlodog
muc03b
Forthegame4
finish1
Mundosoccer
OP05
hanallalone
PremierLeagueFan
soccerdadrandy
Gator Chick
Number13
donovansucks
davito
tpitty
GotNoGame
Sprint
Dragon Nation
booe817
36 posters

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down

U-15 Age Pure Predictions/Results Empty U-15 Age Pure Predictions/Results

Post by hanallalone 8/14/2016, 5:53 pm

Well, the season has finally started for most teams, with interesting results right off the bat!  Anyone care to make predictions???  Any surprising results?  I sure would like to know about the game that ended with the ball finding the back of the net 15 times in 80 minutes... Wow!  That is one heck of a welcoming committee for the defending D2 Champ!  Any thoughts?
hanallalone
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

U-15 Age Pure Predictions/Results Empty Re: U-15 Age Pure Predictions/Results

Post by booe817 8/14/2016, 7:47 pm

Definitely crazy on the D2 champs with 11 goals against them. How about Odyssey beating Solar 02 Sawyer(Andromeda) 1-0?

booe817
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone 8/14/2016, 7:58 pm

ODY usually starts slow, and gets rolling a few games in... Possession and opportunities were lopsided in favor of ODY, but Andro held their own... ODY hit the post a few times and it could have been 3-0 or 6-0 with a little luck... Shrug; a 1-0 win... Long season, so who knows...
hanallalone
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Nation 8/14/2016, 11:53 pm

hanallalone wrote:Well, the season has finally started for most teams, with interesting results right off the bat!  Anyone care to make predictions???  Any surprising results?  I sure would like to know about the game that ended with the ball finding the back of the net 15 times in 80 minutes... Wow!  That is one heck of a welcoming committee for the defending D2 Champ!  Any thoughts?

The defending D2 champs ran into the newly rebuilt defending D1 State Cup champs.  The D2 champs didn't give up but a 5-0 halftime lead & PK save were too much to overcome.  If not for a few offsides calls...it's game 1 for the refs as well..11 goals could have easily been 15.  Solar Red has always been a good defensive team but today they showed scoring punch.  Let's not get ahead of ourselves though, it's only game 1 & there are 18 more to go.  Real GP fought until the end.  They have great skill up top & their defense is better than 11 goals so they'll be fine.

Dragon Nation
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Nation 8/15/2016, 12:42 am

Week 2 predictions D1:
Real GP vs Cruz Azul (redemption) 4-0
DTS vs LP Hunt (Sal's team is for real..they stay undefeated) 2-0
FCD vs Ando (Ando falls in another close 1) 2-1
ODY vs LP Rush (the new faces for ODY come up big) 3-0
Solar Castro vs Solar Stricker (civil wars are always unpredictable, the scoring slows but Stricker remains undefeated) 2-0

Dragon Nation
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by donovansucks 8/15/2016, 1:02 pm

From a D2 perspective, FCD Gold looks tough. Looks like they added a couple of nice pieces to an already talented team. Ayses seems to be playing good soccer (winning its tournament and beating Texans FW). FC Premier also looks tough with its "star" player back in the mix. FCD Red was impressive as well, posting 5 goals on Mexico. Best of luck to all the teams this season.

donovansucks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 8/15/2016, 10:40 pm

Dragon Nation wrote:
hanallalone wrote:Well, the season has finally started for most teams, with interesting results right off the bat!  Anyone care to make predictions???  Any surprising results?  I sure would like to know about the game that ended with the ball finding the back of the net 15 times in 80 minutes... Wow!  That is one heck of a welcoming committee for the defending D2 Champ!  Any thoughts?

The defending D2 champs ran into the newly rebuilt defending D1 State Cup champs.  The D2 champs didn't give up but a 5-0 halftime lead & PK save were too much to overcome.  If not for a few offsides calls...it's game 1 for the refs as well..11 goals could have easily been 15.  Solar Red has always been a good defensive team but today they showed scoring punch.  Let's not get ahead of ourselves though, it's only game 1 & there are 18 more to go.  Real GP fought until the end.  They have great skill up top & their defense is better than 11 goals so they'll be fine.

I would not extrapolate anything from the Stricker win beyond the fact that they beat up on a D2 team that had its first game in D1 and was unprepared for a top 5 D1 competitor that is good at finding a weakness to exploit and thoroughly exploiting it.

Stricker is a top 5 team but will need to get through the other 4 before figuring out if they are the #1 team and I am pretty sure they aren't looking at this latest victory as definitive of anything.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Nation 8/25/2016, 12:33 am

Midweek games are in the books:
Odyssey 2 LP Rush 0...Odyssey had to grind it out against a tough LP Rush team not wanting to lose 2 in a row.  The game was back & forth with each team having a few opportunities to score but Odyssey found a way to pull it out.  Next up...Real GP.  Don't let their 11-5 loss last week fool you, this is a good team.  Odyssey will have their hands full.  

Solar Stricker 9 Solar Castro 1...ok so the 2-0 prediction I made last week was way off but it looked spot on early.  1-0 half & this was shaping up to be a fight until the end but there was another half to play.  2-0 Stricker until Castro scored a PK to make it 2-1.  Then Strickers offense went crazy scoring 7 goals to put this 1 away.  Wow 20 goals in 2 games!  They only scored 24 goals in 18 games last season.  Saturdays game against an undefeated DTS team will be tough.

Dragon Nation
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 8/25/2016, 9:08 am

Dragon Nation wrote:Wow 20 goals in 2 games!  They only scored 24 goals in 18 games last season.  

So, you are saying that a completely different team is completely different?   Very Happy

20 goals does seem a little U10 indoor-ish.  No doubt.  That's a bit nuts.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone 8/25/2016, 9:13 am

Dragon Nation wrote:Midweek games are in the books:
Odyssey 2 LP Rush 0...Odyssey had to grind it out against a tough LP Rush team not wanting to lose 2 in a row.  The game was back & forth with each team having a few opportunities to score but Odyssey found a way to pull it out.  Next up...Real GP.  Don't let their 11-5 loss last week fool you, this is a good team.  Odyssey will have their hands full.  

The Liverpool game was a dual game (SRPL and CL), so the stakes were a bit higher for both teams...

Odyssey is a possession team, plain and simple...  What is interesting is that this team has the ability to kick it into high gear and score at will most of the time, but they seem to play for the possession and the fun of holding the ball while their opponent chases...  This team has a few new pieces, and with new pieces joining a team that plays a very particular style of soccer, there is always a "feeling it out" period...  Player combinations, individual positions, even preferences and tendencies are being discovered every second they're on the pitch together...  I'm not saying this team will win it all, but I will say that it would be difficult to find a team who controlls the ball better and plays better soccer...  Give Paddy a little more time with this squad, and the sky is the limit; they are showing flashes of brilliance and will continue to improve as the season winds on...  The boot and chase teams seem to give them the most trouble; it seems like the fun part is clouded by all the running and chasing the long balls...  It should be an interesting season...
hanallalone
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 8/25/2016, 9:49 am

Wow, Stricker seems to be the real deal.  When I heard how he filled out his roster I assumed they would be a very good team, but these games are little surprising.  

Will be interesting to see if anyone can keep up with them.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone 8/25/2016, 10:20 am

They look BIG!!! David did take down Goliath though, so I guess anything is possible... The real question is how will that team handle the other big teams??? We are small, so anybody we play is a large team...
hanallalone
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone 8/25/2016, 10:42 am

Back to Liverpool vs Odyssey... I think it is important to recognize the goalkeeper for Liverpool; without his stellar play, Odyssey would have found the net a half dozen times or more, easily... He had a VERY good game!!! Well done young man...
hanallalone
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GotNoGame 8/25/2016, 1:31 pm

I have to admit I'm surprised no one has commented yet on the apparent change of fortune for Castro's Solar Gold team. I realize that going AP this year caused a shake-up on many teams, and I realize it's still very, very early in the season, but isn't this the same team that finished second behind Odyssey (bravo Odyssey, BTW) in CL D1 just a few months ago? Is this an entirely new team, or is something else going on? I don't have a dog in the fight, I'm just curious. Thoughts?

GotNoGame
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone 8/25/2016, 1:58 pm

I heard there are some new, some old, but who isn't like that this year after the AP shake up...  You would think taking 2 decks and making one splits the 52 right down the middle in most situations, but whether (or not) there are additional factors that could sway the % either way remains to be seen...  While that is up for questioning, what is the status of the Solar Academy???  Factor???  One thing is certain...  Stricker's team is different!!!
hanallalone
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 8/25/2016, 1:58 pm

Like you say, none of the teams are the same, right?

Well maybe Real GP has to be mostly the same if they had to have 75% to change clubs.   Maybe Cruz Azul?    Solar Gold has I believe five returning players.  Stricker two.   FCDP maybe one?    Odyssey has ten.   Which may or may not bode well.  

Its a brave new world out there.   I wouldn't put much stock into last year's results.   That all said, it takes some pretty frightening disparity to explain the crush the enemy, lamentations of their women, etc outlier beatdowns put on by Stricker the Barbarian.  Winter is coming.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 8/25/2016, 2:43 pm

GotNoGame wrote:I have to admit I'm surprised no one has commented yet on the apparent change of fortune for Castro's Solar Gold team. I realize that going AP this year caused a shake-up on many teams, and I realize it's still very, very early in the season, but isn't this the same team that finished second behind Odyssey (bravo Odyssey, BTW) in CL D1 just a few months ago? Is this an entirely new team, or is something else going on? I don't have a dog in the fight, I'm just curious. Thoughts?

Castro is always capable of finding a way back to the top so maybe we are holding judgment until a few more games. DT South loss wasn't very telling because DT South 02B is an actual 02 team and Stricker was State Champ so I am sure that he is a tough opponent and a top 3.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 8/25/2016, 3:02 pm

Sprint wrote:Wow, Stricker seems to be the real deal.  When I heard how he filled out his roster I assumed they would be a very good team, but these games are little surprising.  

Will be interesting to see if anyone can keep up with them.

I think the rubber will hit the road when they play some of the other teams in the top part of the table. I imagine that they will get some good competition from ODY, DTS, Liverpool Hunt, and FCD. Everyone I ask about Andro is raving on about their potential and I got to witness first hand that their coach is looking for any reason to have his boys get into a good scrap on the pitch so they might be able to put up some numbers against Stricker (I want to see that game).

In summary, everyone who hasn't played them yet will define where they sit in the table...

PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty 8/26/2016, 12:57 pm

hanallalone wrote:
Odyssey is a possession team, plain and simple...  

I actually showed up to watched this game the other night. I didn't' see much of possession by either side. Maybe a string of 3 passes max before a turnover, or an offsides call. Which happened about 8 times in the first half. Not throwing shade, the team did fine. Just not sure I saw anyone even attempt to play a possession game.

tpitty
tpitty
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 8/26/2016, 1:36 pm

tpitty wrote:
hanallalone wrote:

I actually showed up to watched this game the other night. I didn't' see much of possession by either side. Maybe a string of 3 passes max before a turnover, or an offsides call. Which happened about 8 times in the first half. Not throwing shade, the team did fine. Just not sure I saw anyone even attempt to play a possession game.

If you want to try to play possession, and you don't, against a team that will likely not be at the top of the table...well then that is far from fine.  Everybody sees things through their own lens/standards, and most folks aren't super comfortable being critical of others.   Ody struggled on Wednesday relative to what I would consider reasonable team standards.    Shrug.   Maybe first week of school (and football) blues, maybe growing pains (literal and metaphorical), maybe just a hot mess overall.   Time will tell.  
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone 8/26/2016, 1:45 pm

Forrest Gump had a line that involved a box of chocolate that can be used in just about every scenario imaginable...
hanallalone
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 8/26/2016, 2:19 pm

tpitty wrote:
hanallalone wrote:

I think Ody is still integrating the new kids on the team so give it a while and their possession style of play will be more consistent. Ody is absolutely a possession style team which is why you heard some groans and shrugs when you pointed out their last game. Odyssey is definitely the kind of team that cares about their quality which is why they didn't respond with a "we won 2-0".

This season looks to be the year of "BFS Boot and Run" (Deja Vu) so it will be exciting to watch how a quality side like Odyssey navigates these waters. At this point in the season they look like they are on the rise and Odyssey always improves with each passing week so let's hope for some good games.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty 8/26/2016, 2:33 pm

PremierLeagueFan wrote:
tpitty wrote:
hanallalone wrote:

I think Ody is still integrating the new kids on the team so give it a while and their possession style of play will be more consistent. Ody is absolutely a possession style team which is why you heard some groans and shrugs when you pointed out their last game. Odyssey is definitely the kind of team that cares about their quality which is why they didn't respond with a "we won 2-0".

This season looks to be the year of "BFS Boot and Run" (Deja Vu) so it will be exciting to watch how a quality side like Odyssey navigates these waters. At this point in the season they look like they are on the rise and Odyssey always improves with each passing week so let's hope for some good games.

I only commented on the "plain and simple possession style." They won the game, I said they did fine. They can win every game, I don't care either way. I was simply commenting on the style based on my observation and Hanna's comment. I am not a current or prior parent on either team, so maybe my view was too overly unbiased.
tpitty
tpitty
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone 8/26/2016, 2:56 pm

No worries; we ARE a possession team, but you never know what you're gonna get... Where's my Jenny???
hanallalone
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 8/26/2016, 4:26 pm

I hear the term possession soccer all the time and every coach out there will tell you they play possession soccer. Of course they do, that's the point. It's hard to score if you don't have possession.

Soccer styles are wrapped around formations, shapes, movement, passing and finishing. Possession is the point not a style of play.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next