Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

DA/ECNL tryouts Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

DA/ECNL tryouts

+2
yn2k
dfwsoccerdad
6 posters

Go down

DA/ECNL tryouts Empty DA/ECNL tryouts

Post by dfwsoccerdad 5/8/2018, 12:11 pm

Does anyone know if Solar and FCD have posted their DA/ECNL tryout schedules? DT has all of theirs posted but I have been unable to find the info for the other 2.

Thanks.

dfwsoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

DA/ECNL tryouts Empty Re: DA/ECNL tryouts

Post by yn2k 5/9/2018, 10:50 am

I talked to a SOLAR DA coach (this past week actually) who said his tryouts were in July, which I thought was tough timing if true, because Classic and PP rosters are usually finalized July 1 (or thereabouts), and open practices are in June.

So if you decide to wait and try for SOLAR DA in July, and don't make it, you'd be looking for a team.

yn2k
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 5/9/2018, 12:37 pm

yn2k wrote:I talked to a SOLAR DA coach (this past week actually) who said his tryouts were in July, which I thought was tough timing if true, because Classic and PP rosters are usually finalized July 1 (or thereabouts), and open practices are in June.

So if you decide to wait and try for SOLAR DA in July, and don't make it, you'd be looking for a team.

Both Solar East and Solar West have been practicing already and at least East has already started extending offers per my sources.  Talk to Adam Wells about the team in the East.  West, who knows at this point, but I'd call Max Martinez and/or Matt McKinney if you're interested in that team.

No clue on FCD.

Edited to note this is in relation to u12

Last edited by DragonStryker on 5/9/2018, 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket 5/9/2018, 12:41 pm

It's a DA rule and not just a Solar rule. Official tryouts for U17/U19 aren't eligible until after playoffs/showcase event. But non-DA players work out or practice with teams in June or earlier. Current DA players from other teams can't train until the official tryout date, but DA coaches generally have a good idea on whether they want a player or not. Get feedback from the coach on where you stand in June and then make your decision.

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceroo 5/10/2018, 2:05 pm

DragonStryker wrote:
yn2k wrote:I talked to a SOLAR DA coach (this past week actually) who said his tryouts were in July, which I thought was tough timing if true, because Classic and PP rosters are usually finalized July 1 (or thereabouts), and open practices are in June.

Both Solar East and Solar West have been practicing already and at least East has already started extending offers per my sources.  Talk to Adam Wells about the team in the East.  West, who knows at this point, but I'd call Max Martinez and/or Matt McKinney if you're interested in that team.

No clue on FCD.

For FCD Dallas, please call Marcio or Gall. They will tell you.

Based on my sources neither Martinez nor McKinney will be coaching the West DA team. Quite frankly the people I know with kids playing for Solar are pretty frustrated with the lack of news and information as to the West DA team. With the DT teams going over to Solar, nobody really knows who will be the West DA Coach. It almost looks like Adrian had no plans in place to address the West DA team, where will it be based, who will coach, etc....

Socceroo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

Socceroo wrote:
DragonStryker wrote:

No clue on FCD.

For FCD Dallas, please call Marcio or Gall. They will tell you.

Based on my sources neither Martinez nor McKinney will be coaching the West DA team. Quite frankly the people I know with kids playing for Solar are pretty frustrated with the lack of news and information as to the West DA team. With the DT teams going over to Solar, nobody really knows who will be the West DA Coach. It almost looks like Adrian had no plans in place to address the West DA team, where will it be based, who will coach, etc....

Hope it's true. One of those two is a daddy coach who, despite having access to his own two bbs 24/7, has been unable to coach either. You'll be doing a disservice to your bb every week for ~8hrs/week. That said, Solar lacks options to coach this age group and McKinney has good "rapport" with Reeves. Never know, maybe Oglesby will indulge us all with his 40+ years of coaching experience and actually deliver much needed results....unlike his current U13's. Twisted Evil

Maradona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down