Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Classic D3 Play in tournament Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Classic D3 Play in tournament

+12
fandefutbol
muc03b
Soccer27
debit
Number13
Seinfeld4
PremierLeagueFan
KarateChop
soccerdadrandy
soccerdad9903
odie1993
frequent flyer
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Classic D3 Play in tournament Empty Classic D3 Play in tournament

Post by frequent flyer 3/13/2014, 11:14 am

Quick question
How will they do D3 Classic for U12? The new classic rules state that it will be open for 8 spots to be given out based on the Ken Smith Tournament and D2 bottom two will drop down to D3 for the remaining two spots. However, I think classic D1 has 10 teams dropping to D2 and the current D2 is going to be D3. I am confused by this.  scratch 
frequent flyer
frequent flyer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Classic D3 Play in tournament Empty Re: Classic D3 Play in tournament

Post by odie1993 3/13/2014, 11:19 am

1-10 in D1 stay D1

11-18 in D1 goes D2

1 & 2 in D2 goes D2

19 & 20 in D1 goes D3

other 8 spots in D3 requalify
odie1993
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by frequent flyer 3/13/2014, 11:22 am

odie1993 wrote:1-10 in D1 stay D1

11-18 in D1 goes D2

1 & 2 in D2 goes D2

19 & 20 in D1 goes D3

other 8 spots in D3 requalify

Thanks Odie
frequent flyer
frequent flyer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Classic D3 Play in tournament Empty '03 classic requalifying

Post by soccerdad9903 3/20/2014, 5:49 pm

I'm sure this has been discussed in another thread, but I can't find it...

The new qualifying tournament for d3 classic has taken things a bit far. In the past, only 2 spots were open in d3, and now 8 spots are open. Two spots seems like too few, but eight spots seems like too many. A d3 team plays an 18 game schedule, and if the team isn't in the top two, then that team's fate is determined in a weekend-long qualifying tournament. What is the point of the whole preceding qualifying process (which everyone loves so much) and classic season? I'm all for opening up the league to competition, but you also need to reward teams for their season-long effort. It's as if the bottom ten spots in the premier league were determined by the fa cup results.

This is just going to increase the player-shuffling at "tryouts". Qualifying with one roster then playing the subsequent season with a different roster makes no sense whatsoever. This adds more uncertainty and stress to the kids and parents.

soccerdad9903
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 3/20/2014, 7:01 pm

soccerdad9903 wrote:I'm sure this has been discussed in another thread, but I can't find it...

The new qualifying tournament for d3 classic has taken things a bit far.  In  the past, only 2 spots were open in d3, and now 8 spots are open.  Two spots seems like too few, but eight spots seems like too many.  A d3 team plays an 18 game schedule, and if the team isn't in the top two, then that team's fate is determined in a weekend-long qualifying tournament.  What is the point of the whole preceding qualifying process (which everyone loves so much) and classic season?  I'm all for opening up the league to competition, but you also need to reward teams for their season-long effort.  It's as if the bottom ten spots in the premier league were determined by the fa cup results.

This is just going to increase the player-shuffling at "tryouts".  Qualifying with one roster then playing the subsequent season with a different roster makes no sense whatsoever.  This adds more uncertainty and stress to the kids and parents.

if you are not good enough to get 1st or 2nd in d3 then you should have to hold off challenges from teams wanting the same chance you just failed at  bounce  bounce 

soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KarateChop 3/20/2014, 7:22 pm

[quote="soccerdadrandy"][quote="soccerdad9903"]I'm sure this has been discussed in another thread, but I can't find it...

The new qualifying tournament for d3 classic has taken things a bit far.  In  the past, only 2 spots were open in d3, and now 8 spots are open.  Two spots seems like too few, but eight spots seems like too many.  A d3 team plays an 18 game schedule, and if the team isn't in the top two, then that team's fate is determined in a weekend-long qualifying tournament.  What is the point of the whole preceding qualifying process (which everyone loves so much) and classic season?  I'm all for opening up the league to competition, but you also need to reward teams for their season-long effort.  It's as if the bottom ten spots in the premier league were determined by the fa cup results.

This is just going to increase the player-shuffling at "tryouts".  Qualifying with one roster then playing the subsequent season with a different roster makes no sense whatsoever.  This adds more uncertainty and stress to the kids and parents.

if you are not good enough to get 1st or 2nd in d3 then you should have to hold off challenges from teams wanting the same chance you just failed at  bounce  bounce 

Not entirely fair there. Looking at the standings after seeing the "failed" comment they show a pretty good overall season for most teams. There wasn't that much of a gap from the top down to 6 or 7. Looking at some of the score sheets there was a good share of close games as well. It doesn't effect my children either way, but the difference for the lower division was much slimmer than that of the 1st.

KarateChop
KarateChop
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 3/20/2014, 7:35 pm

KarateChop wrote:
soccerdadrandy wrote:
soccerdad9903 wrote:I'm sure this has been discussed in another thread, but I can't find it...

Not entirely fair there.  Looking at the standings after seeing the "failed" comment they show a pretty good overall season for most teams.  There wasn't that much of a gap from the top down to 6 or 7.  Looking at some of the score sheets there was a good share of close games as well.  It doesn't effect my children either way, but the difference for the lower division was much slimmer than that of the 1st.

if they good enough to remain in d3 they will defeat all challenges lol  bounce bounce 
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 3/21/2014, 9:35 am

Promote the top 2 keep the 3rd, 4th,, and 5th teams and requalify 6-10 teams. That will keep the developing teams intact and create opportunity for other leagues to challenge for Classic.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Seinfeld4 3/21/2014, 10:39 am

PremierLeagueFan wrote:Promote the top 2 keep the 3rd, 4th,, and 5th teams and requalify 6-10 teams. That will keep the developing teams intact and create opportunity for other leagues to challenge for Classic.

That plan makes sense.  

The reason it will not change is purely financial.  The more spots available the more people that will enter the tournament.  The more people that enter the more money the league makes.  

In 2013:  across 7 age groups 155 teams entered the challenge tournament.  155 x $ 650.00 (guessing the cost)= $ 100,750.00
Seinfeld4
Seinfeld4
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 3/21/2014, 10:48 am

You are always going to be making a cut that may not appear to be fair.

The current U11 D2 deal is very Glengarry Glenross.  First place cadillac, 2nd place steak knives, 3rd place you are effing fired.  Big difference between getting a spot in U12 D2 and having to try to requalify for U12 D3.  

At least this year, as opposed to last year, you will be signing a contract AFTER you know what league that team will be playing in.  So no super duper unpleasant surprises (hey there DTS Red).
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by debit 3/21/2014, 11:26 am

Some perspective from the 02's.

In U11, the D2 teams and their U12 fate:

1. Mexico FC (promoted to U12 D2)
2. FW Strikers (promoted to U12 D2)
3. FC Cyclones (Classic D3 -- playing as Liverpool Barnes)
4. Solar Blue (Classic D3)
5. Chivas USA (API D1 -- playing as Texas Toros)
6. Superior Aztecas (API D1)
7. Manchester Red Devils (Classic D3)
8. GSSC Thunder Blue (no idea where this team is)
9. Wizards (API D1)
10. FC Dallas Black (PPL D1)

So that's 3 teams out of 8 that re-qualified. All 3 will need to re-qualify again this year.

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 3/21/2014, 2:00 pm

Which teams have a good chance in taking a spot in D3 classic???

It appears it will be DT-Faber and FCD-Pritchett will be 1st/2nd.

Soccer27
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 3/21/2014, 2:09 pm

Faber yes, but Pritchett, Kunitz, and Guerra are still in the mix for 2nd which makes for good action in the last few games of the season.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 3/21/2014, 2:13 pm

DT Faber and FCD Pritchett each have their last game this week if both win should finalize the top 2. 
Will the bottom 8 remain or are there teams out there from Arlington D1 or Plano D1 able to step in there.

Soccer27
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 3/21/2014, 2:15 pm

Some teams have 2 games left.  But yeah, if Pritchett wins they should be good to go.  But if they lose, they scoop.

NSFW NWA Juventus Juventus Espino has a shot as well as they can get to 33 points.  I hope all the parents of these teams are at home going over the possible scenarios with each kid to insure the proper level of fear, tension, and madness.

I have never looked at the APL or PPL teams or results but I'm sure there are teams there that will make D3. 12th seeds beat 5th seeds all the time.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KarateChop 3/21/2014, 2:36 pm

Number13 wrote:Some teams have 2 games left.  But yeah, if Pritchett wins they should be good to go.  But if they lose, they scoop.

NSFW NWA Juventus Juventus Espino has a shot as well as they can get to 33 points.  I hope all the parents of these teams are at home going over the possible scenarios with each kid to insure the proper level of fear, tension, and madness.

I have never looked at the APL or PPL teams or results but I'm sure there are teams there that will make D3.  12th seeds beat 5th seeds all the time.  

Fear, tension, and madness! So true. Fingernails getting bitten til bleeding for a bunch of folks tonight. Keep your boys safe from this!
KarateChop
KarateChop
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by muc03b 3/21/2014, 5:06 pm

Number13 wrote:Some teams have 2 games left.  But yeah, if Pritchett wins they should be good to go.  But if they lose, they scoop.

I have never looked at the APL or PPL teams or results but I'm sure there are teams there that will make D3.  12th seeds beat 5th seeds all the time.  

Sometimes the 12th seed gets overlooked because they are in a mid-major conference and can be truly legit. I think the top half of API is stronger than the top half of PPL in my opinion and by experiences this soccer year...but you never know what'll happen come tourney time..

muc03b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 3/21/2014, 5:16 pm

A bit of stretch on that one.  It appears to be more competitive team in PPL team than APL.

Soccer27
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 3/21/2014, 5:22 pm

Soccer27 wrote:A bit of stretch on that one.  It appears to be more competitive team in PPL team than APL.

which ppl teams are strong? stronger than the apl midland united chivas that have beaten several classic d1 teams this year?
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 3/21/2014, 5:34 pm

They have ?  Congrats if they have! Pretty good for a team in 9th place in APL. I'm sure any of the top 6 can compete with the top in APL.  But again this is a marathon not a sprint. It's only the first year of select. Good luck in all upcoming tournaments

Soccer27
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by muc03b 3/21/2014, 6:59 pm

Thanks soccerdadrandy...we've come close but no cigar...we only beat 5 top PPL teams in February at league challenge cup with 12 players..but when you are 2-3 games behind schedule, standings can be skewed.. We can let this weekend shake out then we can judge...Faber struggled vs real gp (API) and a put together San Antonio team (that according to the parents at the hotel that morning were excited to see how the boys will play 11v11 for the first time). We had Figos old team by the neck last weekend and they woke up (classic d1 team down 2-0 at half to little 'Ol midland). Should be fun next few months!!

muc03b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by fandefutbol 3/21/2014, 7:20 pm

soccerdadrandy wrote:
Soccer27 wrote:A bit of stretch on that one.  It appears to be more competitive team in PPL team than APL.

which ppl teams are strong? stronger than the apl midland united chivas that have beaten several classic d1 teams this year?

Which Classic D1 teams has APL Midland United Chivas beaten?

fandefutbol
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 3/21/2014, 7:26 pm

debit wrote:Some perspective from the 02's.

In U11, the D2 teams and their U12 fate:

1. Mexico FC (promoted to U12 D2)
2. FW Strikers (promoted to U12 D2)
3. FC Cyclones (Classic D3 -- playing as Liverpool Barnes)
4. Solar Blue (Classic D3)
5. Chivas USA (API D1 -- playing as Texas Toros)
6. Superior Aztecas (API D1)
7. Manchester Red Devils (Classic D3)
8. GSSC Thunder Blue (no idea where this team is)Andro West mostly PPL 1
9. Wizards (API D1)
10. FC Dallas Black (PPL D1)

So that's 3 teams out of 8 that re-qualified.  All 3 will need to re-qualify again this year.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by frequent flyer 3/21/2014, 10:02 pm

PremierLeagueFan wrote:Promote the top 2 keep the 3rd, 4th,, and 5th teams and requalify 6-10 teams. That will keep the developing teams intact and create opportunity for other leagues to challenge for Classic.
I agree. I do know that there is not much difference in play from D3 6 through 10 than the PPL 1 through 9. Our boys play in the PPL D1 and when we play the D3 classic teams in tournament play we stack up well against them. Looking at the top PPL teams, NTX Strikers and and Aces are just as good or better than the 2 through 10 D3 Classic teams. Not much difference in quality. Plus, they are only 11 yrs old so really any team can be beat on any given Saturday within PPL D1 and Classic D3.
I think it will be interesting to watch and see what happens. I do think their will be a lot of shifting of players after the tournament so the teams that make it will have better recruiting than the teams that drop down to PPL.
frequent flyer
frequent flyer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by frequent flyer 3/21/2014, 10:15 pm

soccerdadrandy wrote:

I would say NTX Strikers and AFC Black can hang with FCD Pritchett and Andromeda Kuntz.
The 3 through 13 teams its really a draw. Everyone is pretty equal. Our boys have beaten Mustangs and Tigres then end up losing against Titans and FC Dallas Silver. Very inconsistent play after the top two teams in PPL. I looked at APL and we only have played one team in that league so hard to say.
frequent flyer
frequent flyer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next