Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

02 SKILLS Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

02 SKILLS

+11
arsenalfan
futbolista
clueless
soccer taxi
finish1
Ibystander
The German
go99
my2cents
plantit
just2
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

02 SKILLS Empty 02 SKILLS

Post by just2 3/22/2010, 8:38 pm

Looking for skills in the DFW area.
just2
just2
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

02 SKILLS Empty Re: 02 SKILLS

Post by plantit 3/22/2010, 9:17 pm

just2 wrote:Looking for skills in the DFW area.

Try a Ball, Your own back yard , and the desire to play. There is plenty of time for structure. Just juggle, kickit off the wall , Trap it, ECT, ECT, And love every minute of it. The love will dictate the longevity,
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 3/23/2010, 8:13 am

Plantit nailed it. Great advise!!

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 3/23/2010, 9:11 am

plantit wrote:

Try a Ball, Your own back yard , and the desire to play. There is plenty of time for structure. Just juggle, kickit off the wall , Trap it, ECT, ECT, And love every minute of it. The love will dictate the longevity,
So how much does "plantit's backyard ball" skills session cost? How soon can I expect to see improvement in my BB 02 SKILLS Icon_smile
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 3/23/2010, 9:22 am

go99 wrote:
plantit wrote:

So how much does "plantit's backyard ball" skills session cost? How soon can I expect to see improvement in my BB 02 SKILLS Icon_smile
Reseeding grass - $50, replacing bushes $80, fence repair $100, one new window - $250 - to see your son's smile after he makes the team - priceless (you still pay $2500 July 1).
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 3/23/2010, 9:35 am

plantit wrote:

A solid brick wall on the side of your house with no windows in sight. That was one of the first things that my BBs noticed when we were house hunting. We bought the wall.
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 3/23/2010, 10:25 am

Ibystander wrote:
plantit wrote:

A solid brick wall on the side of your house with no windows in sight. That was one of the first things that my BBs noticed when we were house hunting. We bought the wall.
We dribble a mini ball inside the house and play rebound against a couch. The boys love it. Mom is great to tolerate the occassional "accident" during 1v1 games. Super Glue is the best invention ever! 02 SKILLS Icon_smile
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer taxi 3/23/2010, 11:01 am

Try a futsal ball. It's heavier and doesn't bounce as much so it rolls better on the in-home floors. My son practices roll-overs, back and forth between the feet, etc in a small area.
soccer taxi
soccer taxi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 3/23/2010, 11:45 am

Speaking of skills, Marcio sort of surprised me at his last skills session. He's an excellent skills coach. He told the boys to try kicking and landing on the same foot for the power kick. I wasn't eavesdropping well enough 02 SKILLS Icon_rolleyes , so I missed the reason for this skill, but I'm glad to see my boys now practicing it.
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 3/23/2010, 12:43 pm

soccer taxi wrote:Try a futsal ball. It's heavier and doesn't bounce as much so it rolls better on the in-home floors. My son practices roll-overs, back and forth between the feet, etc in a small area.
Good idea for the futsal ball. Too heavy for our barefooted indoor games. Asian household. No shoes allowed inside. 02 SKILLS Icon_evil
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 3/23/2010, 12:51 pm

Ibystander wrote:Speaking of skills, Marcio sort of surprised me at his last skills session. He's an excellent skills coach. He told the boys to try kicking and landing on the same foot for the power kick. I wasn't eavesdropping well enough 02 SKILLS Icon_rolleyes , so I missed the reason for this skill, but I'm glad to see my boys now practicing it.
Wait until he makes them control an air ball with their shin at full speed.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 3/23/2010, 3:18 pm

Ibystander wrote:
plantit wrote:

My kids figured that out - only it was the neighbor's wall. They keep moving (imagine that), so it's always a guessing game if they are baseball/soccer friendly.
A trip to Ferdies will give the kid homework he can try to master by himself, with a neighbor or sibling. Basically just teaching delicate touch drills that every player needs.
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbolista 3/23/2010, 8:30 pm

Ibystander wrote:Speaking of skills, Marcio sort of surprised me at his last skills session. He's an excellent skills coach. He told the boys to try kicking and landing on the same foot for the power kick. I wasn't eavesdropping well enough 02 SKILLS Icon_rolleyes , so I missed the reason for this skill, but I'm glad to see my boys now practicing it.

Yes I agree Marcio is a good skills coach. He works well with the kids. Now is your son an 02? My son's 02 coach works with our boys on skills and the skill you mentioned about landing on the same foot he showed them and seeing boys at a young age learn it and apply it in game time is awesome to see.

Have them learn the skill and practice it at home over and over works wonders.
futbolista
futbolista
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by arsenalfan 3/23/2010, 9:44 pm

Now since you have been introduced to this concept, watch a soccer game and watch the players shoot. They all do this. It is like watching for a white [ick up truck. Once you start looking for them, they are all over the place.

arsenalfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 3/23/2010, 9:48 pm

arsenalfan wrote:

Now since you have been introduced to this concept, watch a soccer game and watch the players shoot. They all do this. It is like watching for a white [ick up truck. Once you start looking for them, they are all over the place.
No, they all do not do that. Maybe on your elite team, but not when I'm watching. I did, however, watch the skills camp with Marcio over spring break, and the top players there had a little trouble with that kick. Maybe your team has the cream of the crop, who knows?
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerkix 3/23/2010, 10:20 pm

What age groups was this skill camp for? If this was for older age groups I will be a bit suprised to know that this was the first time you heard or saw a coach trying to teach that skill. Was there anything else that impressed you?
soccerkix
soccerkix
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by arsenalfan 3/24/2010, 7:00 am

Ibystander wrote:
arsenalfan wrote:

No, they all do not do that. Maybe on your elite team, but not when I'm watching. I did, however, watch the skills camp with Marcio over spring break, and the top players there had a little trouble with that kick. Maybe your team has the cream of the crop, who knows?

I meant wathcing it on TV ie EPL, Liga, World Cup. My bad. Did not make that clear.
It is a delite to watch the technically sound players.
And FYI a few of the boys at our age group have mastered this already. Watch for it.

arsenalfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 3/24/2010, 8:44 am

arsenalfan wrote:
Ibystander wrote:
arsenalfan wrote:

I meant wathcing it on TV ie EPL, Liga, World Cup. My bad. Did not make that clear.
It is a delite to watch the technically sound players.
And FYI a few of the boys at our age group have mastered this already. Watch for it.
I know the pros do it, that's why I'm glad to see a coach finally mentioning it. You're right, I see it on TV all the time. I used to ask my bb why he didn't do that, and he would just look at me like, Huh? As for kids at his age doing it, I've rarely seen it in a game. Mine can now do it at practice, but placing it in a game, not yet, it doesn't come naturally to him, YET.
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 3/24/2010, 9:29 am

soccerkix wrote:What age groups was this skill camp for? If this was for older age groups I will be a bit suprised to know that this was the first time you heard or saw a coach trying to teach that skill. Was there anything else that impressed you?
This was a camp for the 00/99 group. Skills training is often boring to watch, but I liked the way the coach communicated with the kids. Believe it or not, this was the first time I've seen this kick mentioned at a skills camp, and we've done many, many skills camps. My boys often have weekly skills, and I had never seen them practice that kick. From the way most of the kids were doing it at the camp,though, it did not look like they were used to doing it, either. Maybe it's just one of those skills that coaches assume the kids should know about by osmosis and never think to teach it? Futbolista said his 02 is already doing this? I guess mine needs to get going!
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 3/24/2010, 11:10 am

Actually not that big deal of a skill to learn at an early age. It's just teaching the kids to get more muscles involved in the shot. Most kids kick with just the leg and this gets them to turn their hips into the ball and push their body weight thru the shot. It's not as crucial as the first touch or passing technique or the subtle feints and dribbles. Taught it to bb years ago but he still only does it on occasion. Mostly when he is not thinking about being careful with the shot or he is angry (broke a window in the house and ended up on punishment for it. Mom was so upset and I though "now see, thats how you strike the ball with purpose and venom"). I hear that "the special one" is great at teaching those subtle touches and feints.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerkix 3/24/2010, 11:46 am

Yeah I have seen some coaches at earlier ages trying to teach this skill. That's why I asked what age group this skill camp was for. I saw the post that Futbolista put where his 02 son has been taught this. I feel that if you teach the kids earlier the better they are off. Not all kids at this age are picking grass and or picking their nose during a game like some think. LOL! 02 SKILLS Lol
soccerkix
soccerkix
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty 3/25/2010, 2:03 pm

who is Marcio?
and GO99...who is the special one?
Just trying to keep up 02 SKILLS Icon_biggrin
tpitty
tpitty
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 3/25/2010, 2:08 pm

Marcio is a coach for the texans who also gives skills sessions. Brazillian with a futsal background I believe. Marcio IS "the special one"
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty 3/25/2010, 2:12 pm

Ahhhh....its all clear now. Appreciate it.
tpitty
tpitty
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 3/25/2010, 2:33 pm

go99 wrote:Marcio is a coach for the texans who also gives skills sessions. Brazillian with a futsal background I believe. Marcio IS "the special one"
Go is right. He played for the Brazilian Futsal National team in '81 I believe and later played for the Dallas Sidekicks among others. Once you see him at practice you will understand why he is the "Special One".
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next