Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

cost of going select 2014 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

cost of going select 2014

+9
NotADRAMAfan
Real Barcelona
Respect_All
Fctillidie
cowpukesfan
wembleys
bigtex75081
whatthe
soccerjunkie
13 posters

Go down

cost of going select 2014 Empty cost of going select 2014

Post by soccerjunkie 4/28/2014, 10:59 pm

Please feel free to add any fees that I'm not including:

$725.00 QT Fees
$870.00 Fall Fee (Classic)
$350.00 Fee for Refs
$750.00 Fee for field Main
$870.00 Spring Fee
$315.00 Fee for Ref's Spring
Club fees per year $2600-$3000 per player
Uniform kit per player between $200-$400 per player

* Not included tournament fees through the year and travel including gas and parking.

So around 4000.00 per team with a roster of 18 (too big IMO) $ 225 per player. Then add the club fees around 2800-3400 (includes uniform kit ). basically rough estimate : $3000 bare minimal up to $3700 per player per year. I'm guessing with additional tournaments and travel is safe to say around $4500-$5000 per player.

Someone confirm please. That does not include the scholarship players with the new cleats every season (that's a joke...sort of)

soccerjunkie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

cost of going select 2014 Empty Re: cost of going select 2014

Post by whatthe 4/29/2014, 7:18 am

Sounds about right. It can add up when you start paying hotel costs, food & gas and share travel expenses for the coach. Don't forget the latest cleats and indoor shoes , winter league fees and camps.

That's why you will see a lot of independent teams in Classic. Sounds crazy when you add it all up. That's the cost of private tuition for some schools per year which I'm sure is a better investment down the road or if your BB plays multiple sports.

whatthe
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 4/29/2014, 7:37 am

Those are the big costs but the nickles and dimes also creep in there as well.  

• Indoor season fees.  
  • The special Select ball.  
  • Camps.  
  • Private skills.  
  • Throw in for a team party.  
  • Gift for the coach during the holidays.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by wembleys 4/29/2014, 7:57 am

soccerjunkie wrote:Please feel free to add any fees that I'm not including:

$630 Players Registaration
$725.00 QT Fees
$870.00 Fall Fee (Classic)
$350.00 Fee for Refs
$750.00 Fee for field Main
$800 CL Field Fees
$870.00 Spring Fee
$315.00 Fee for Ref's Spring

Club fees per year $2600-$3000 per player
Uniform kit per player between $200-$400 per player

* Not included tournament fees through the year and travel including gas and parking.

So around 4000.00 per team with a roster of 18 (too big IMO) $ 225 per player.   Then add the club fees around 2800-3400 (includes uniform kit ).   basically rough estimate : $3000 bare minimal up to $3700 per player per year.   I'm guessing with additional tournaments and travel is safe to say around $4500-$5000 per player.    

Someone confirm please.    That does not include the scholarship players with the new cleats every season (that's a joke...sort of)

This is not accurate; I added a couple more fees, but all the costs above in red should be included on your Contract with the club. The only thing not included usually is uniforms and indoor seasons and some time ago some Clubs used to include 1 or 2 tournaments, but looks like that is not the case anymore. This is what I have heard from parents on the south:

• Texans South – 2500 (practice on a public park)
  • Wizards 1700 (practice on dedicated fields at Mountain View College)
  • Texas Lightnings 2400 (practice dedicated fields at a public park rented by the club)  
  • Solar 3200 (practice on a first come first serves public fields) often gets kicked out by rec teams
  • Anoranzas 600 (practice on a public park)  

Every team must publish a Fact Sheet and it should be provided to parents during tryouts.
wembleys
wembleys
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cowpukesfan 4/29/2014, 8:06 am

Texans South practices at Corsair Park and Mountain Creek Park.

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 4/29/2014, 8:12 am

bigtex75081 wrote:Those are the big costs but the nickles and dimes also creep in there as well.  

• Indoor season fees.  
  • The special Select ball.  
  • Camps.  
  • Private skills.  
  • Throw in for a team party.  
  • Gift for the coach during the holidays.

• Player Cards.  (Because the indoor league fee, a signed waiver, & your own insurance used as the primary isn't enough.)
  • Parking.  (Because the tournament's registration fee isn't enough indication to organizers that you'll actually need to park in 1 of the 10,000 available parking spaces.)
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Fctillidie 4/29/2014, 8:16 am

Wembley what the hell is dedicated fields? Mountain view fields are crap, they are worst then utd. Just cause the school has improved and the stadium next to it is nice has nothin to do with the fields for practice. Also doesn't help that wizards put 7 teams on one practice field. You want great fields? Come to Fc. We got Frisco and Money Gram now!  Very Happy

Fctillidie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by wembleys 4/29/2014, 8:28 am

Fctillidie wrote:Wembley what the hell is dedicated fields? Mountain view fields are crap, they are worst then utd. Just cause the school has improved and the stadium next to it is nice has nothin to do with the fields for practice. Also doesn't help that wizards put 7 teams on one practice field. You want great fields? Come to Fc. We got Frisco and Money Gram now!  Very Happy

Nope! I think you are confused, they do not practice on the public fields outside; these are the fields inside the Mountain View Sports Complex. Same complex now the Home of the pro-team Dallas City FC…
wembleys
wembleys
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjunkie 4/29/2014, 8:31 am

I think the clubs should post the fact sheets on their website not just at tryouts and leave it up all year with the breakdown. This would give the families a good comparison between clubs. After all, it is a business so post it to the public. Also include coaches salaries per team for the Youth level, Select, PA and DA. What is their cut and do they receive a bonus based on team's performance?

soccerjunkie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by wembleys 4/29/2014, 8:33 am

That's a good point , I know some clubs do; I have seen it before on Samba and Kernow...
wembleys
wembleys
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Respect_All 4/29/2014, 9:16 am

Thousands of kids with talent and desire in the US to play soccer do not succeed, because their families can't afford these costs.

If we made it more affordable for parents, the pool of talent feeding the US Soccer Development program will grow...just my opinion.

Respect_All
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona 4/29/2014, 9:57 am

PRICELESS! Think about those great moments with your son running up and down the field while you are tanning with a soft breeze cooling your forehead! Cheaper than a trip to the beach with the whole family. And it is almost EVERY weekend.

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NotADRAMAfan 4/29/2014, 10:00 am

Fctillidie wrote:Wembley what the hell is dedicated fields? Mountain view fields are crap, they are worst then utd. Just cause the school has improved and the stadium next to it is nice has nothin to do with the fields for practice. Also doesn't help that wizards put 7 teams on one practice field. You want great fields? Come to Fc. We got Frisco and Money Gram now!  Very Happy

I like Mountain View fields,  nice fields to play and practice on.
Obviously I have low standards.

Need to upgrade my house , pool , granite , marble , 18 SEER AC,
Mercedes, eat steak,  finest whiskey and vintage wine...

100 haircuts, 2000 dollar suits,
500 dollar soccer shoes.

Wish more kids could practice on fields like Mountain View fields where the Wizards practice.

Moneygram and frisco are great fields but not practice fields (restricted)

NotADRAMAfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

cost of going select 2014 Empty Independent an option

Post by Neymar11 4/29/2014, 2:47 pm

There is always the option of going independent. Your costs can be dramatically lower if you went this route. Some options out there can be as low as $350-$500 for the entire year.
Neymar11
Neymar11
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

cost of going select 2014 Empty Costs and comparison

Post by Marvelousmar 4/29/2014, 5:00 pm

A wise man once told me you get what you pay for.  Now I try to review that in North Texas Soccer.  It's so hard to just look at fees and make that be the driving fact of where you go.  We are talking about your kids not a bid for a roof repair.  So more then just price has to be considered.  We do live on a budget so that also needs to be considered.  The problem is it seems folks think you could just list out the prices and what it covers and it should be on a website for each person to grab.  You can find that out by asking questions of the teams your interested in and they would tell you.  Then you can add all the things together and determine if it is in the range of what you want.  The question is how much is too much.  That depends on the individual.  Going to have a little comparison for you.  Mc Donalds Coffee vs Starbucks.  2.5 vs $5.  Both are hot both have the drug that picks you up.  Some like McDonalds and others go to Starbucks.

$5 a day for 5 days a week arrives at 1,300.  $10 (2 cups) a day arrives at your average big club cost. I think your kids are worth more then a couple of cups of coffee. Let's do some math. (Because I love numbers)

Let's use Plano as an example.  (Classic is more expensive but I'll use Plano team of 16
League fees 1,550.
Ref Fees about 720
Associate reg. 400
Indoor Rental (8 days) 1,200
Tournaments (5*595) 2,975
Field Costs varies do you rent play at public parks, own your own facilities ect.  Lets use Plano rental costs with lights $50 per session 2 sessions a week for 40 weeks. 4,000.
Equipment $500 a year ( bibs, clothing, cones etc)
11,345 before adding coach pay.  $709  a player.

DOC- Director of Coaching does the club have a plan.  Should get paid
DOA- Director of Academy does the club have a future. Should get paid
Coach-  80 session at 1.5 hours drive time and prep time make that 3 hours on average.  min 15 games on tourneys and 18 league games  3 hours each min or about 339 hours minimum a year.  A good coach is a teacher of these boys more then just the game but of life.  What is a fair hourly rate for this time.  I know a lot of you would like to say they should do it for free.  ( you get what you pay for )  but if you want someone to put an effort into that what is fair.  Babysitters( under 16 get 20 an hour) so would $40  be fair. to Teach 16 boys.
Website, insurance, other costs.
Adds about 20K to the team give or take.  To about 31.3 K or 1,956 bucks give or take a year minimum.  Now cutting out costs associated in the bottom half is possible. However, that's a different discussion.  or $5.35 a day.  A little more then a cup of Coffee per day at Starbucks.  

The memories and the lessons learned.  Priceless.
Now the argument might say the money could be spent elsewhere. Like on a cup of coffee.  That you piss a way in a few hours.  The look on Johnny, Billy or sue after playing a great game and scoring the winning goal.  Ah worth the cup of coffee in spades.  

Every year this question of "cost of going select" in some way happens.  
What's the cost of not going select.  Mm  a kid staying in front of  a computer playing mind craft become obese and the medical bills associated with it.
The missed opportunities of meeting you folks and traveling.   Oh I could come up with a long list.  But let's not just focus on the cost and focus on what you get for your costs.  If it's something you want and your child wants then go ahead and go select.  If not there is always rec.  But if you want someone to invest in your child,  I believe you should also invest in that someone.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Neymar11 4/29/2014, 6:40 pm

Marvelousmar wrote:A wise man once told me you get what you pay for.  Now I try to review that in North Texas Soccer.  It's so hard to just look at fees and make that be the driving fact of where you go.  We are talking about your kids not a bid for a roof repair.  So more then just price has to be considered.  We do live on a budget so that also needs to be considered.  The problem is it seems folks think you could just list out the prices and what it covers and it should be on a website for each person to grab.  You can find that out by asking questions of the teams your interested in and they would tell you.  Then you can add all the things together and determine if it is in the range of what you want.  The question is how much is too much.  That depends on the individual.  Going to have a little comparison for you.  Mc Donalds Coffee vs Starbucks.  2.5 vs $5.  Both are hot both have the drug that picks you up.  Some like McDonalds and others go to Starbucks.

$5 a day for 5 days a week arrives at 1,300.  $10 (2 cups) a day arrives at your average big club cost. I think your kids are worth more then a couple of cups of coffee. Let's do some math. (Because I love numbers)

Let's use Plano as an example.  (Classic is more expensive but I'll use Plano team of 16
League fees 1,550.
Ref Fees about 720
Associate reg. 400
Field Costs varies do you rent play at public parks, own your own facilities ect.  Lets use Plano rental costs with lights $50 per session 2 sessions a week for 40 weeks. 4,000.

Coach-  80 session at 1.5 hours drive time and prep time make that 3 hours on average.  min 15 games on tourneys and 18 league games  3 hours each min or about 339 hours minimum a year.  A good coach is a teacher of these boys more then just the game but of life.  What is a fair hourly rate for this time.  I know a lot of you would like to say they should do it for free.  ( you get what you pay for )  but if you want someone to put an effort into that what is fair.  Babysitters( under 16 get 20 an hour) so would $40  be fair. to Teach 16 boys.
Adds about 20K to the team give or take.  To about 31.3 K or 1,956 bucks give or take a year minimum.  Now cutting out costs associated in the bottom half is possible. However, that's a different discussion.  or $5.35 a day.  A little more then a cup of Coffee per day at Starbucks.  

Now the argument might say the money could be spent elsewhere. Like on a cup of coffee.  That you piss a way in a few hours.  The look on Johnny, Billy or sue after playing a great game and scoring the winning goal.  Ah worth the cup of coffee in spades.  

What's the cost of not going select.  Mm  a kid staying in front of  a computer playing mind craft become obese and the medical bills associated with it.
The missed opportunities of meeting you folks and traveling.   Oh I could come up with a long list.  But let's not just focus on the cost and focus on what you get for your costs.  If it's something you want and your child wants then go ahead and go select.  If not there is always rec.  But if you want someone to invest in your child,  I believe you should also invest in that someone.

Now, an even wiser man is saying that you get what you pay for except in NTX soccer! Haha jk jk

All jokes aside I agree with most everything you point out in theory, though the memories probably aren't the same for little Johnny if he's in roster spot 15-18 and he's watching little Billy score the winning goal while he rides the pine because he already played his token 5-7 mins just before the half and he doesn't get to go back in because the team really needed this win.

It also may not be the same (memories, or dollars well spent, or got what I paid for) if you feel like you paid for the $5 cup of coffee (twice a day) and you went ahead and paid for it up front for a year and signed a contract that you could only drink the $5 coffee for the next year, only for the company you went with to switch their coffee beans to cheap imitation beans, which are worth even less then the $2.5 cup you chose to ignore since you wanted the big name brand coffee. Although since you signed for the year you are stuck paying the $5 price even though the company made the switch of the coffee beans.

A wise man also once told me don't put all your eggs in one basket!

That's probably enough food for thought.... Sorry couldn't resist one last joke  Very Happy
Neymar11
Neymar11
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 4/29/2014, 10:04 pm

Neymar11 wrote:
Marvelousmar wrote:A wise man once told me you get what you pay for.  Now I try to review that in North Texas Soccer.  It's so hard to just look at fees and make that be the driving fact of where you go.  We are talking about your kids not a bid for a roof repair.  So more then just price has to be considered.  We do live on a budget so that also needs to be considered.  The problem is it seems folks think you could just list out the prices and what it covers and it should be on a website for each person to grab.  You can find that out by asking questions of the teams your interested in and they would tell you.  Then you can add all the things together and determine if it is in the range of what you want.  The question is how much is too much.  That depends on the individual.  Going to have a little comparison for you.  Mc Donalds Coffee vs Starbucks.  2.5 vs $5.  Both are hot both have the drug that picks you up.  Some like McDonalds and others go to Starbucks.

League fees 1,550.
Ref Fees about 720
Associate reg. 400

Now, an even wiser man is saying that you get what you pay for except in NTX soccer! Haha jk jk

All jokes aside I agree with most everything you point out in theory, though the memories probably aren't the same for little Johnny if he's in roster spot 15-18 and he's watching little Billy score the winning goal while he rides the pine because he already played his token 5-7 mins just before the half and he doesn't get to go back in because the team really needed this win.

It also may not be the same (memories, or dollars well spent, or got what I paid for) if you feel like you paid for the $5 cup of coffee (twice a day) and you went ahead and paid for it up front for a year and signed a contract that you could only drink the $5 coffee for the next year, only for the company you went with to switch their coffee beans to cheap imitation beans, which are worth even less then the $2.5 cup you chose to ignore since you wanted the big name brand coffee. Although since you signed for the year you are stuck paying the $5 price even though the company made the switch of the coffee beans.

A wise man also once told me don't put all your eggs in one basket!

That's probably enough food for thought.... Sorry couldn't resist one last joke  Very Happy

I love your sense of humour. I would agree that there are a lot of bad beans out there. I also know the example you gave happens a lot in North Texas. However, I also know there are folks out there that try to live to that theory above. It's not always easy, but it's right. If you think about the process fully. All these food references got to love them. I just beleive be truthful with people even if they can't handle the truth about little johnny or sue. Switching to movie refernces.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 4/29/2014, 11:02 pm

Respect_All wrote:Thousands of kids with talent and desire in the US to play soccer do not succeed, because their families can't afford these costs.  

If we made it more affordable for parents, the pool of talent feeding the US Soccer Development program will grow...just my opinion.

great point but don't forget the alternative school system sports. i.e. football, basketball, track subsidized by homeowner taxes. parents in those sports don't even have to get kids to and from practice/games. school buses do that.
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 4/30/2014, 5:32 am

Respect_All wrote:Thousands of kids with talent and desire in the US to play soccer do not succeed, because their families can't afford these costs.  

nope it wouldnt matter politics are still king here in the USA  No 
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down