Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Solar Chelsea Red '01 - Looking for a few new players Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Solar Chelsea Red '01 - Looking for a few new players

+3
soccerfan39
BillyU
Solar Red '01
7 posters

Go down

Solar Chelsea Red '01 - Looking for a few new players Empty Solar Chelsea Red '01 - Looking for a few new players

Post by Solar Red '01 5/6/2014, 9:47 am

Solar Chelsea Red '01 boys are looking to add a few players going forward into next season.  This team has gone through some changes over the past year and we are trying to get the team back to where we believe they should be.

Matt McKinney has just recently been chosen as the new coach to lead this team forward.  Coach Matt helped form the team back when this team first started.  He is also the boys varsity soccer coach at Grapevine Faith Christian School where they are the reigning 4 time State Champions in TAPPS after wining their fourth consecutive championship this past year, while also beating some of the top 5A public schools along the way.  To learn more about Coach Matt, click here: http://dallassolar.net/page.php?pgid=26&id=131

All roster spots are up for grabs.

For those that want to obtain a practice release from their current team or those boys not currently associated with a team, Solar is currently practicing on Mondays and Thursdays at Grapevine Faith Christian School from 6:30-8:00.  The team will be playing in some scrimmages and/or tournaments throughout the summer so there will be guest playing opportunities as well.

Grapevine Faith Christian School
730 E. Worth St.
Grapevine, TX 76051

Starting in June, practices will be open and the team will be practicing 3 days a week.  Stay tuned for further information about the June open practices.

Any questions, feel free to PM me or contact Coach Matt at matt@arconwm.com.

Solar Red '01
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Solar Chelsea Red '01 - Looking for a few new players Empty Re: Solar Chelsea Red '01 - Looking for a few new players

Post by BillyU 5/13/2014, 4:17 pm

It certainly strikes me as hypocritical to invite currently rostered players from other teams to practices when you won't sign releases to allow your currently rostered players to participate in other teams' practices wouldn't you agree?

BillyU
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Solar Chelsea Red '01 - Looking for a few new players Empty Re: Solar Chelsea Red '01 - Looking for a few new players

Post by soccerfan39 5/13/2014, 4:37 pm

Great comment. That's how they are. They enjoy knowing they have you (dad) by you know what. It's almost pathetic. But that's North Texas for you...

soccerfan39
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 03lovingsoccer 5/13/2014, 9:22 pm

Sounds like our coach. Lol
Wants boys to guest play for out team, but will not sign a release we our boys can play for other teams in tournaments. What a scam.

03lovingsoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by cowpukesfan 5/13/2014, 10:01 pm

Sounds like a lot of coaches.
Same old story in any age group.

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Maradona 5/20/2014, 9:47 pm

BillyU wrote:It certainly strikes me as hypocritical to invite currently rostered players from other teams to practices when you won't sign releases to allow your currently rostered players to participate in other teams' practices wouldn't you agree?

Don't know the circumstances but certainly if the player asking for a release is the only GK on the team, THAT may be the reason...  confused

Maradona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BillyU 5/21/2014, 2:07 pm

The release was for a tournament on a weekend that did not conflict with any team event - the only time I think a coach should refuse to sign a release is if the player is wanting to play with another team at a time when his own team has an event scheduled - completely different situation....

BillyU
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Maradona 5/23/2014, 8:48 am

BillyU wrote:The release was for a tournament on a weekend that did not conflict with any team event - the only time I think a coach should refuse to sign a release is if the player is wanting to play with another team at a time when his own team has an event scheduled - completely different situation....

As I said, I don't know the exact circumstances other than what you posted:

"It certainly strikes me as hypocritical to invite currently rostered players from other teams to practices when you won't sign releases to allow your currently rostered players to participate in other teams' practices wouldn't you agree?"

the good news is there's only a few more days until your BB is free to participate in other teams' practices...and yes two daddy coaches in less than a year, that'd more than do it for me. I know your bb will not have a problem finding a team.  cheers

Maradona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BillyU 5/23/2014, 10:58 am

I understand - all I ever requested was a guest player release for a tournament that did not conflict with Solar Red functions - and, I always include practices the week prior to the tournament - that don't conflict with team practices - my point is that if a coach or club has a policy of not signing guest player releases for their players, then they should not be inviting other team's players to their practices before June 1st - I have added to my to do list a proposed rule change to NTSSA regarding this form of indentured servitude.... It's Memorial Day Weekend though, so no more complaining - because Memorial Day Weekend also means that June 1st is right around the corner....

BillyU
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 5/23/2014, 11:19 am

Maradona wrote:
BillyU wrote:It certainly strikes me as hypocritical to invite currently rostered players from other teams to practices when you won't sign releases to allow your currently rostered players to participate in other teams' practices wouldn't you agree?

Don't know the circumstances but certainly if the player asking for a release is the only GK on the team, THAT may be the reason...  confused

no signatures required during JUNE each year Smile
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 5/23/2014, 11:21 am

BillyU wrote:I understand - all I ever requested was a guest player release for a tournament that did not conflict with Solar Red functions - and, I always include practices the week prior to the tournament - that don't conflict with team practices - my point is that if a coach or club has a policy of not signing guest player releases for their players, then they should not be inviting other team's players to their practices before June 1st - I have added to my to do list a proposed rule change to NTSSA regarding this form of indentured servitude....  It's Memorial Day Weekend though, so no more complaining - because Memorial Day Weekend also means that June 1st is right around the corner....

you are probably aware that IF you wanted to rock the boat, NTSSA will sign that release to guest play if your coach won't.
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by BillyU 5/23/2014, 11:23 am

When I called NTSSA, they told me that there were no exceptions except in June - I am always willing to rock the boat - one of my specialties! Smile Oh, well - the lake will be more fun this weekend than sitting on a sideline baking like a clam....

BillyU
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 5/23/2014, 3:37 pm

BillyU wrote:When I called NTSSA, they told me that there were no exceptions except in June - I am always willing to rock the boat - one of my specialties!  Smile  Oh, well - the lake will be more fun this weekend than sitting on a sideline baking like a clam....

WOW it is limited to June
4.7.5. If a coach refuses to sign a guest player release for tournament play occurring during the month
of June (or a tournament that includes any part of June), the guest player release may be
presented to North Texas Soccer for approval by the Youth Commissioner. If the player’s
current team is not playing in any US Youth Soccer sanctioned tournament or other US Youth
Soccer sanctioned event during the time specified on the guest player release, permission to
guest play will be granted. (The above does not include indoor soccer.)
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down