Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

is this a 99' trend only or what........... Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

is this a 99' trend only or what...........

+2
plantit
omega striker
6 posters

Go down

is this a 99' trend only or what........... Empty is this a 99' trend only or what...........

Post by omega striker 9/25/2014, 6:33 pm

I have come across many former classic league D1 players dropping down in leagues and not just like one level? were talking D3 and lower! I guess im just suprised especially since all of these kids were starters in D1 so its not like they were D1 payers/bench warmers, anyway I know of one kid who actually dropped down to a solid PPL team and has fit in as a important piece to help them rise to D3 and they are currently a top D3 team the other 3 all dropped this year so im sure they were all welcomed additions to those teams! so it makes you wonder have they all been just burned out over the years of the craziness of D1 or have they just figured out something better?

any thoughts.........
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

is this a 99' trend only or what........... Empty Re: is this a 99' trend only or what...........

Post by plantit 9/25/2014, 8:58 pm

DING ,DING ,DING , Circle takes the square.

Less pressure ALOT less money and the end result will still be the same as all of those still drinking the koolaid.

SHUSH the big boys just don't want to let on.

99% will be done, out ,finished, injured, or getting along with their lives in 3 years . What div you payed , Er played won't mean Jack $hit. Chase the college dream if you want but the school that may give your kid a 10th of what you paid in soccer dues , may not even be the school that he want's to attend or the major he wants to pursue. Lets not even start on out of state tuition. To top it all off ur bb has got to juggle being away from home ,soccer and "no bullshit" academics.

Want to go to school and play soccer . STOP subsidizing the big clubs academies and go to the college I.D. camp where you bb has some interest and you/he can afford.

If your in it to chase the pro dream ? Please start adding some booze to your koolaid.
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

is this a 99' trend only or what........... Empty Re: is this a 99' trend only or what...........

Post by omega striker 9/25/2014, 9:42 pm

good stuff Plantit bom
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 9/25/2014, 9:53 pm

I agree with Plantit. The older the boys get the more they realize what is important for them and a lot just want to play with their friends without the pressure. My 97s came back 2 years ago and asked if we could start a team with their friends. No problem 14 McKinney and 4 Plano kids playing D 3 for fun and pay a total of 350$.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 9/25/2014, 10:09 pm

The German wrote:I agree with Plantit. The older the boys get the more they realize what is important for them and a lot just want to play with their friends without the pressure. My 97s came back 2 years ago and asked if we could start a team with their friends. No problem 14 McKinney and 4 Plano kids playing D 3 for fun and pay a total of 350$.

You should have let me know .The 97 is still a free agent. Laughing
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 9/25/2014, 10:42 pm

I am gonna disagree with plantit. I could apply that same logic to college itself. Most kids will not make it to college and those that do more than half will fail at that. Of those that graduate many will end up working in something that had nothing to with their major and most will be underpaid. Why even bother just give up now. Don't fund the big colleges and waste all those valuable years of your life studying something that you will never use.

Or just like college soccer is a kids dream to pursue in whatever direction he/she chooses, be it pro or playing in college. Plantit is correct that if you are playing for the scholorship you are in it for the wrong reasons. College athletics is not an easy road. And the kid that chooses to step back from soccer and continue to play because he loves the game isn't broken he is normal. The kid that has not only the talent but the single minded dedication to one thing is the one that isn't normal. Here is a test. If your kid listens and really gives a s#!t what you think about his soccer and its viability then he doesn't have what it takes. It's sad that his parents would be his early obstacle but if he can't overcome that one then it's probably for the best anyway
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 9/25/2014, 10:44 pm

oh to answer the question, no it's not a 99 only trend. Eventually kids get old enough to not play for mom and dad and other things become more important
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 9/25/2014, 11:24 pm

go99 wrote:I am gonna disagree with plantit.  I could apply that same logic to college itself.  Most kids will not make it to college and those that do more than half will fail at that.  Of those that graduate many will end up working in something that had nothing to with their major and most will be underpaid.  Why even bother just give up now.  Don't fund the big colleges and waste all those valuable years of your life studying something that you will never use.

Or just like college soccer is a kids dream to pursue in whatever direction he/she chooses, be it pro or playing in college.  Plantit is correct that if you are playing for the scholorship you are in it for the wrong reasons.  College athletics is not an easy road.  And the kid that chooses to step back from soccer and continue to play because he loves the game isn't broken he is normal. The kid that has not only the talent but the single minded dedication to one thing is the one that isn't normal.  Here is a test.  If your kid listens and really gives a s#!t what you think about his soccer and its viability then he doesn't have what it takes.  It's sad that his parents would be his early obstacle but if he can't overcome that one then it's probably for the best anyway

Your 1st paragraph is way off. Were you trying to compare select soccer to college? To my knowledge no job application asks if you have played select soccer or at what level. Most ask if you went to college. Millions will attend college , very few will play college athletics or pro. To compare the two is not accurate . I do agree that yes, a good majority will obtain a degree that they may or may not use. Your twisting a logic for moving down in soccer , listening to your kids and not being sucked in to buying the bullshit the clubs are selling, to now we may as well not attend college.

We do fund big college to the tune of 1 trillion in student loan debt.
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 9/25/2014, 11:39 pm

completely missed my point. Don't do the soccer because you will never make it. So apply that to college. Don't do college because statistically you will nver make it (the majority of kids in america will never finish a four year degree) The thought process is the same and you don't do things because you expect to fail at them so why bother doing anything at all.

So I am not twisting anything and the not buying into big club BS is stuff for parents. Kids don't give a s#!t and that is not the reason they drop down. They do it because it's what THEY want for them but that doesn't mean that the kid who doesn't drop down is wrong (hopefully, just lioke the other kid he is doing what works for him)

So here is the common logic here. Don't shoot for anything, don't dream big, because you will fail. Take the safe, expected route and get a nice paying job in a cubicle somewhere and someday aspire to be a middle manager. Most kids don't need parental logic to clip their wings, they know when it's time.

Oh and if you are playing soccer for any other reason that you absolutely love to play then you are doing it wrong
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 9/25/2014, 11:47 pm

Now to bash the big clubs.  They sell big dreams to parents and kids that they know don't have it but they keep selling as long as mom and dad keep paying.  You may not be able to tell who will be great at 14 but if your coach is any good at all he can tell who isn't.  FCD for example knows they have kids on their development academy who they already know will never make pro.  Every club and coach has something to sell.  Join this team or league, take this skill session and your kid will be the one.  The reality is they can't create it, can't teach it, at best they can only help develop the talent that the kid already has.  But a parents role should be to help find the kids talents and interest not direct them
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/26/2014, 8:28 am

Back to Omega's orginal post...This does seem to be the year 99's are moving around/down. What I have heard/believe is that these boys realize the end of Club soccer is near...so they are playing where they like their teammates, like the coach and will have fun. For some, that will mean less pressure and play 'for the love of the game'.

Many of these boys (and their teammates) have a desire to play college soccer. There is nothing wrong with chasing that dream, or the dream to get into a great university academically.

At the end of the day, I enjoy watching my bb play against the competitiion, watching him work hard toward his goals of playing college soccer and doing well academically. Anyone who wants to criticize the hard work, money/resources it takes to support boys working hard toward their goals (you, plantit), well that is foolish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/26/2014, 9:07 am

I agree with GO99, not because of anything he said but because I make it a point to agree with him no matter what.....lol

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 9/26/2014, 4:45 pm

Riquelme wrote:I agree with GO99, not because of anything he said but because I make it a point to agree with him no matter what.....lol
lol!
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 9/26/2014, 5:22 pm

omega striker wrote:
Riquelme wrote:I agree with GO99, not because of anything he said but because I make it a point to agree with him no matter what.....lol
lol!

Last edited by soccerdadrandy on 9/26/2014, 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : not pc)
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by True10 9/27/2014, 5:08 pm

plantit wrote:DING ,DING ,DING ,  Circle takes the square.

Less pressure  ALOT less money and the end result will still be the same as all of those still drinking the koolaid.

SHUSH  the big boys just don't want to let on.

99% will be done, out ,finished, injured, or getting along with their lives in 3 years . What div you payed , Er  played won't mean Jack $hit.  Chase the college dream if you want but the school that may give your kid a 10th of what you paid in soccer dues , may not even be the school that he want's to attend or the major he wants to pursue. Lets not  even start on out of state tuition. To top it all off ur bb has got to juggle being away from home ,soccer and "no bullshit" academics.

Want to go to school and play soccer . STOP subsidizing the big clubs academies and go to the college I.D. camp where you bb has some interest and you/he can afford.

If your in it to chase the pro dream ? Please start adding some booze to your koolaid.

I agree, it does not matter what team or division your bb plays if he is good enough and has the want to playing college is possible. Get him to ID camps that he has interest in and also has positions open. Be realistic about level of play and his ability to be accepted in and be academically successful.

I learned a few years back that NTx soccer basically steals money and have accepted it as long as my bb is having fun and loves playing. Big clubs will BS just keep the money flowing. Independents do not last but are the best thing to happen in Ntx.

I also agree with anything The German says Very Happy
True10
True10
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum