Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Aggressive playing versus Dirty Playing Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Aggressive playing versus Dirty Playing

+5
ballMovement
Abejide
forward thinker
CowboysFTW
just4kicks
9 posters

Go down

Aggressive playing versus Dirty Playing Empty Aggressive playing versus Dirty Playing

Post by just4kicks 9/27/2014, 10:04 pm

At this age group, I do expect and respect some aggressive playing by the boys. I like how they go out are motivated and doing everything they can to win. But what I do not like is how some of these boys who played on Aztecas intentionally aimed to hurt their opponents today. When some of the kids on Aztecas can't beat a kid to the ball, they start shoving and the dirty plays start to happen. They used elbows to gut someone, shoving while there is no ball in play, and taking them at the ankle. I understand sometimes boys go for the ball and do not realize they are doing that. But when you intentionally do that, and then your players laugh about it--that is utter disrepect and I don't know how any parent or coach can be proud of that. If your child has anger issues and they can't manage themselves on the field, it is time to find help for him. When my child unintentionally run into someone, he walks over to make sure that child is okay. He never intentionally go out to hurt someone. How your child act, I believe is the reflection of your parenting as well. There was no win for either team today. But if you did win today, you didn't win with any class. One day karma will catch up with those with ill-intentions. You will run into a team that play that way, and I hope for your child sake, they come out okay. Because no matter how badly you want to win, it is not worth knowing you had to hurt someone so badly to get that one point. And no yellow cards against any child is going to make how you play okay.

just4kicks
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Aggressive playing versus Dirty Playing Empty Re: Aggressive playing versus Dirty Playing

Post by CowboysFTW 9/27/2014, 11:02 pm

Well they have 6 yellow cards in 3 matches.

CowboysFTW
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Aggressive playing versus Dirty Playing Empty Re: Aggressive playing versus Dirty Playing

Post by just4kicks 9/28/2014, 9:13 am

I guess if you don't have skills, just use harmful tactics. They can't ever become professionals--bad habits. There are good fouls and there is just plain dirty players who you can't respect anyway.

just4kicks
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by forward thinker 9/29/2014, 11:33 am

I think some people confuse acceptable fouls and dangerous play. Some of these kids are taught how to foul without it getting called. Acceptable fouls. Looks dangerous to us, but probably won't get called. I agree that it doesn't make it right. At least this year it seems like some of it getting called out by the refs. By the way, I wouldn't want my kid on a team like that.
forward thinker
forward thinker
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/29/2014, 11:49 am

forward thinker wrote:I think some people confuse acceptable fouls and dangerous play.  Some of these kids are taught how to foul without it getting called.  Acceptable fouls.  Looks dangerous to us, but probably won't get called.  I agree that it doesn't make it right.  At least this year it seems like some of it getting called out by the refs.  By the way, I wouldn't want my kid on a team like that.  

i disagree, fouls are part of the game dangerous play is not. A well placed foul is perfectly acceptable. You are penalized and then see what happens. dangerous play is not acceptable and should be punished.

Back to top Go down

Post by CowboysFTW 9/29/2014, 11:54 am

Updated results
Aztecas - 8 yellow cards
Other 9 teams - 7 yellow cards

CowboysFTW
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by forward thinker 9/29/2014, 4:03 pm

Yeah, I've got it. They foul a lot. Not standing up for that team whatsoever. Just saying that in doing field marshal work I have seen a LOT of fouls I would consider dangerous play that the ref doesn't call at all. At least they are getting called. The refs need to control the game and not let parents, players or coaches get out of hand. I think that's what they are trying to do. My opinion, is that if one of your parents is getting out of hand, you need to keep them in line. Ask them to step away. That team has 2 team official yellow cards, one officially marked for unsportsmanlike behavior. That's either the parents or the coach, I would assume. No wonder the kids play rough.
forward thinker
forward thinker
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Abejide 9/29/2014, 8:40 pm

For all of you cry bb's complaining about FC Premier Forzi, please note 5 of Aztecas' cards came against that team and their man child.  It looks like the kids were being dragged around like rag dolls and no fouls were being called, so they started fouling too.

Last edited by savel on 9/29/2014, 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
Abejide
Abejide
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ballMovement 9/29/2014, 9:05 pm

It doesn't matter. Aztecas shouldn't be playing dirty to a team that didn't do anything to them(not talking about Forzi). They have 8 yellow cards already??? Dirty playing is plain wrong. Why are they shoving players even when the ball was not in play? Even if the ball is in play shoving is not right either. Some kids seems to enjoy bullying people and laugh about it. Remember that soccer is playing the ball not the person. Beating people to the ball is all about your skills and your footwork not your arms/elbows/hands pushing. If your kids really want to show what skills they have then show it the right way - unless they have none and only uses dangerous force. Aggressive parents/and or coach will have more kids acting the same way. Not good! Remember we as parents/coaches are role models to these kids. The way we behave is the way they would behave. Play clean people and stop encouraging bad behavior!

ballMovement
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by P1er 9/29/2014, 10:42 pm

Refs need to do a better job of not losing control of the games. This is one indirect way of preventing serious injuries as well.

P1er
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by copa44 9/30/2014, 8:46 am

The thing I find interesting about this is that the Aztecas use physical play situationally - ie whether or not they're losing. We played them, it wasn't too bad, however they beat us. Every time we got in scoring position or had extended possession they fouled us or resorted to physical tactics (jersey pulling, cleats up tackles, shoving, elbows, etc). No cards given, but the ref talked to a few of their kids more than once to watch the play/talk. Probably should have been a card for one kid the second time he was talked to after going in cleats up, but the ref really did a great job of keeping the game under control for the most part. For us it was a good game, our boys got to experience play a bit more aggressive than they were used to, however I believe it would have been a whole different situation if the ref hadn't done such a great job. Oh, and their parents were very subdued, didn't even show up to the pitch till after kickoff, but it was the week after the two team yellows so maybe they had been warned, lol.

copa44
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ballMovement 9/30/2014, 9:04 am

I've seen them play.  And you are right about their physical tactics.  When a kid on the opposite team has some great moves, able to possess the ball, pass them, they begin to get physical either in that play or in the next play.  That shows that they have no skills and sportsmanship to gain possession (instead let's throw an elbow).  Show your ball/foot skills instead of being physical because you can't take the fact that another kid outplayed you.  They are not playing aggressively, they are playing dangerously dirty.  I definitely would not like my BB to get hurt because these kids can't control their anger.

Last edited by ballMovement on 9/30/2014, 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

ballMovement
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tovah 9/30/2014, 10:38 am

This type of play is direct reflection on their Coach.

tovah
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by lionrl99 9/30/2014, 11:46 am

One of the Azteca's defenders went after one of our forwards cleats up, after a shot (that scored).  Result: fractured bone in the right foot...no card or foul called.  That was in the Arlington Labor Day tournament.  Our forward just returned.  Missed the first 3 CL games.  They were handed out 2 other yellow cards during the game.  Between their aggressive play and the Arlington ref's, I'm surprised there weren't more injuries.  One of the dirties teams I've come accross in this age group...

Last edited by lionrl99 on 9/30/2014, 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

lionrl99
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tovah 9/30/2014, 12:01 pm

There's another Aztecas team I believe it's U14 D2 that has an excessive amount too.

tovah
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by tovah 9/30/2014, 12:05 pm

Correction: U15

tovah
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Abejide 9/30/2014, 1:19 pm

So does Dallas Texans. There is a clear difference between aggressive play and being dirty. There are smart fouls as welll. Number of cards doesn't mean a team is dirty. Direct RED cards for violent conduct is what you need to be looking for. Fouls are part of the game and strategy.... Very Happy
Abejide
Abejide
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ballMovement 9/30/2014, 7:17 pm

Some of the moves they made should have been a red card. Unfortunately, a yellow was given.

ballMovement
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down