Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

'02 Predictions: For Week 5 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

'02 Predictions: For Week 5

+4
Soccer/Pizza4me
CCM
skillzski
childplease!
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

'02 Predictions: For Week 5 Empty '02 Predictions: For Week 5

Post by childplease! 10/3/2014, 11:30 am

LIVERPOOL (FAGEN) 3 - FCD (GONCLAVES) 1

ANDROMEDA 4 – SPORTING UNITED 2 (A good team playing the best team in CL).

AYSES 1 – MEXICO 2

FCD PINO 1 – DT “Born Again” South 2 (Yes, Sal should have all the kinks worked out and the boys will get it done).

LIVERPOOL (OWEN) 2 - SOLAR (STRICKER) 2 ( Regardless of how many goals Solar scores, LP will find a way to keep their tying streak alive). cheers

childplease!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

'02 Predictions: For Week 5 Empty Re: '02 Predictions: For Week 5

Post by skillzski 10/4/2014, 8:44 am

Liverpool Fagan 3 - FCDP Gonclaves 2
Andromeda 2 - Sporting United 2
Ayses 1 - Mexico 3
FCDP Pino 2 - Texas South 1
Solar Stricker 3 - Liverpool Owen 2

Good luck to all the teams.
skillzski
skillzski
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM 10/4/2014, 4:52 pm

Just wanted to congratulate Solar Red for a very good game against my sons team today. Impressive win.

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by childplease! 10/4/2014, 4:52 pm

LP Fagen won over FCD Gonclaves 6-0
Solar finished off LP Owen 5-2
Pino won over Dallas Texans 1-0
Sporting ties Andromeda 1-1
No score yet on Ayses vs. Mexico.

childplease!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer/Pizza4me 10/4/2014, 8:52 pm

childplease! wrote:LP Fagen won over FCD Gonclaves 6-0
Solar finished off LP Owen 5-2
Pino won over Dallas Texans 1-0
Sporting ties Andromeda 1-1
No score yet on Ayses vs. Mexico.

LP Rush making a statement today 6-0 over FCD Goncalves.
Solar is for real! 5-2 over LP Owen not a tie but not a win. Missing players again?
FCD Pino 1-0 over DTS. Not much excitement from the bottom teams.   Sleep
Sporting ties Andromeda 1-1. Top teams keeping it close.
Mexico over Aysses 1-0. Manchild no more!
Soccer/Pizza4me
Soccer/Pizza4me
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM 10/4/2014, 11:17 pm

LP Owen had everyone. Just beat by a better team today. Funny how "top teams" get praised for a tie, but another team ties them and it's snooze. Oh well. It's a long season. Wonder how it'll play out over the rest of the year...should be interesting.

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer/Pizza4me 10/5/2014, 9:29 am

CCM wrote:LP Owen had everyone. Just beat by a better team today.  Funny how "top teams" get praised for a tie, but another team ties them and it's snooze.  Oh well.  It's a long season. Wonder how it'll play out over the rest of the year...should be interesting.  

I believe is the style of play. Teams that actually play soccer will be praised.
Soccer/Pizza4me
Soccer/Pizza4me
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM 10/5/2014, 6:10 pm

Soccer/Pizza4me wrote:
CCM wrote:LP Owen had everyone. Just beat by a better team today.  Funny how "top teams" get praised for a tie, but another team ties them and it's snooze.  Oh well.  It's a long season. Wonder how it'll play out over the rest of the year...should be interesting.  

I believe is the style of play. Teams that actually play soccer will be praised.

I cannot believe someone could be such a jerk and criticize kids like that.  You sir are an embarrassment as an adult and should be ashamed of yourself. To say that a D1 team that has won several tournaments, qualified for Dallas Cup next year and placed 5th last year doesn't actually "play soccer" shows some real class. Hope you're proud of yourself.

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer/Pizza4me 10/5/2014, 6:42 pm

CCM wrote:
Soccer/Pizza4me wrote:

I cannot believe someone could be such a jerk and criticize kids like that.  You sir are an embarrassment as an adult and should be ashamed of yourself.  To say that a D1 team that has won several tournaments, qualified for Dallas Cup next year and placed 5th last year doesn't actually "play soccer" shows some real class.  Hope you're proud of yourself.

I'm just stating the facts. It's purely just my opinion & that of many others that actually understand the game of soccer. We'll see how your team does through the season & in the Dallas Cup.
Soccer/Pizza4me
Soccer/Pizza4me
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM 10/5/2014, 6:45 pm

What facts? And you are making assumptions about understanding of the game. Yet another non-fact.

Ok. Well I am done discussing it. Anyone that would criticize a great group of kids like we have is not anyone that I want to have any conversation with.

Good luck to your kids team. I'm sure they are doing great. Or at least having fun.

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by childplease! 10/6/2014, 4:58 am

CCM wrote:
Soccer/Pizza4me wrote:

I cannot believe someone could be such a jerk and criticize kids like that.  You sir are an embarrassment as an adult and should be ashamed of yourself.  To say that a D1 team that has won several tournaments, qualified for Dallas Cup next year and placed 5th last year doesn't actually "play soccer" shows some real class.  Hope you're proud of yourself.

Sir, you're talking about accomplishments from last season. DTS dominated LAST season.
Soccer/Pizza4me's talking about what he's seen so far THIS season. No reason for him to be embarrassed. It's just his opinion.
LP Owen will do very well this season.
So folks on the outside looking in can say whatever they want.
Solar just played better ball last Saturday.
So what? Every team has off days. Liverpool will be fine.

Last edited by childplease! on 10/6/2014, 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

childplease!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigskinny29 10/6/2014, 7:51 am

CCM wrote:
Soccer/Pizza4me wrote:

I don't believe it was a knock on the kids, rather coaching style. I am very close with a former Owen parent who left the team due to this very reason. The coach plays not to lose and is OK with a tie. Hey, its better than a loss, right? It depends on what you are really after; to develop your kid or to win games. Sometimes the two are very different.
Bigskinny29
Bigskinny29
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM 10/6/2014, 9:07 am

Opinion can be stated in a much better manner than "teams that actually play soccer will be praised". That kind of comment is BS and rude.  But hey, that's just an opinion right?

I never once said we weren't beat by a better team. I even congratulated them. It was the unnecessary comment about our kids "not playing soccer" that set me off. Kids read this forum too you know..

One other thing...just how much LP Owen this season has Pizzaman seen this year?  I doubt he comes to all of our games if he hates our style so much.  Why would he come to watch a game where soccer isn't being played? Rolling Eyes

Last edited by CCM on 10/6/2014, 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by childplease! 10/6/2014, 9:20 am

CCM wrote:Opinion can be stated in a much better manner than "teams that actually play soccer will be praised". That kind of comment is BS and rude.  But hey, that's just an opinion right?

One other thing...just how much LP Owen this season has Pizzaman seen this year?  I doubt he comes to all of our games if he hates our style so much.  Why would he come to watch a game where soccer isn't being played? Rolling Eyes

Maybe he knew his comments would get an LP Owen worked up enough to comment about LP's playing style?

childplease!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM 10/6/2014, 9:27 am

Or maybe some people just like to come on anonymous forums and troll. Anyway...I think I'll just go back to work. Not my style to criticize a group of kids even if I don't agree with the coaching. I honestly should have read through these forums more before joining. I thought it would be different. What parent wouldn't defend his child (team) when insulted publicly?

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by childplease! 10/6/2014, 9:32 am

CCM wrote:Or maybe some people just like to come on anonymous forums and troll. Anyway...I think I'll just go back to work.  Not my style to criticize a group of kids even if I don't agree with the coaching.  I honestly should have read through these forums more before joining.  I thought it would be different.  What parent wouldn't defend his child (team) when insulted publicly?  

Of course you should defend your team.
But don't get so bent out of shape about someone posting their opinion.
Have a good day.
And again, LP Owen will do fine.
They'll shut up the critics this year, just like they did last year. I love you

childplease!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM 10/6/2014, 9:41 am

I have my doubts...about silencing critics. And for the record, I have my set of criticism for our own team (and others). I just think it's somewhat classless to make such blatantly rude generalizations about a team of 12 and 13yr old kids publicly.

Take care.

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by just4kickz 10/6/2014, 9:56 am

Bigskinny29 wrote:
CCM wrote:
Soccer/Pizza4me wrote:

I don't believe it was a knock on the kids, rather coaching style.  I am very close with a former Owen parent who left the team due to this very reason.  The coach plays not to lose and is OK with a tie.  Hey, its better than a loss, right?  It depends on what you are really after; to develop your kid or to win games.  Sometimes the two are very different.

So I'm not the only one who sees that there coaching is bad. Time to get a refund. I hope you kept your receipts! lol!
just4kickz
just4kickz
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM 10/6/2014, 10:00 am

Kinda like those refunds on all of the rained out tournaments. Smh

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigskinny29 10/6/2014, 10:29 am

CCM wrote:Kinda like those refunds on all of the rained out tournaments.  Smh

That's another 12 page post in itself!!!! What a Face
Bigskinny29
Bigskinny29
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbolista 10/6/2014, 12:39 pm

Criticism will continue from posters who appear to show no allegiance to a certain team. You can't stop that. These individuals just appear to have something personal against certain teams.
futbolista
futbolista
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigskinny29 10/6/2014, 12:54 pm

just4kickz wrote:
Bigskinny29 wrote:
CCM wrote:
Soccer/Pizza4me wrote:

I don't believe it was a knock on the kids, rather coaching style.  I am very close with a former Owen parent who left the team due to this very reason.  The coach plays not to lose and is OK with a tie.  Hey, its better than a loss, right?  It depends on what you are really after; to develop your kid or to win games.  Sometimes the two are very different.

So I'm not the only one who sees that there coaching is bad. Time to get a refund. I hope you kept your receipts! lol!

IMO, 'bad coaching' would not produce a top 5 D1 CL team. Obviously he is doing something right. Some just feel his style leaves something to be desired. And that's their right. Just like its the right of other posters to post how tying half the time can be a bit..... Sleep . I may not agree with it, but I understand it.
Bigskinny29
Bigskinny29
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer/Pizza4me 10/6/2014, 1:14 pm

futbolista wrote:Criticism will continue from posters who appear to show no allegiance to a certain team. You can't stop that. These individuals just appear to have something personal against certain teams.

I don't have anything personal against this team. I'm just not a fan of teams that plays recreational soccer. I will no longer express any opinion of this team. I will move on.
Soccer/Pizza4me
Soccer/Pizza4me
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by childplease! 10/6/2014, 2:25 pm

Soccer/Pizza4me wrote:
futbolista wrote:Criticism will continue from posters who appear to show no allegiance to a certain team. You can't stop that. These individuals just appear to have something personal against certain teams.

I don't have anything personal against this team. I'm just not a fan of teams that plays recreational soccer. I will no longer express any opinion of this team. I will move on.

So this Rec-styled team can compete in D1 and beat or tie "true D1" teams?
Andromeda tied a Rec-styled team?
Woo hoo! Goooooooo Rec.!!!!!

childplease!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM 10/6/2014, 3:41 pm

childplease! wrote:
Soccer/Pizza4me wrote:

So this Rec-styled team can compete in D1 and beat or tie "true D1" teams?
Andromeda tied a Rec-styled team?
Woo hoo! Goooooooo Rec.!!!!!

Lol. Well at least it was "soccer" this time. I was thinking we were playing baseball.

I too will bow out. The result at the end of the entire season will be the ultimate judge. Last year, started just about the same. We'll hopefully improve over last season and I am really liking our new assistant coach as well. He seems to bring a lot to the table and is running one of our weekly practices going forward.

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next