Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Texans Fall Festival? Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Texans Fall Festival?

+17
SailorMoon
Soccerdad6
score11
mpcls55
Nice Ball
golazo02
Sprint
d-megger
soccerdadrandy
Fanofson
finish1
jataca
Maradona
SnookumsConCarne
Enjoy life now!
Number13
foghornleghorn
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Texans Fall Festival? Empty Texans Fall Festival?

Post by foghornleghorn 11/3/2014, 10:10 am

It's strange the teams applied/accepted vs those applied/denied.  Just a snap shot, but...

teams applied/accepted:

DTX 03B West (Castro)
DTX 02B Red (Badii)
FC Premier 02B (Forzi)

I'm not familiar with the non-NTX teams (although the 2 OK teams are good) but IMO of the above, Castro's team will take it.  That team needs CL-D1 competition, but I think DTX-Red may be able to pull it off.

teams applied/denied:

FCD Premier (Pino)
LP Rush (Fagen)
LP Owen (Jones)

The above could've given Castro a run for his money, but they were not accepted.  I find that a bit odd, other than assuring a DTX team will win -- possibly.

Thoughts?
foghornleghorn
foghornleghorn
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Texans Fall Festival? Empty Re: Texans Fall Festival?

Post by Number13 11/3/2014, 10:40 am

my first guess would be that there is a correlation between "accepted" and "paid".
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Enjoy life now! 11/3/2014, 11:14 am

Registration is through the 7th of November. 148 teams accepted of the 215 applied, I wouldn't look at it as denied but in process....unless the TD says otherwise...

Enjoy life now!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne 11/3/2014, 11:40 am

#13's right.
LP Owen will be there.
I don't see DT South on here.
It would be good if those youngsters played more tournament games to get ready for the Spring season.
I'm sure they'll do fine.
This team is made up of mostly kids that never played together before.
SnookumsConCarne
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Maradona 11/3/2014, 11:53 am

foghornleghorn wrote:It's strange the teams applied/accepted vs those applied/denied.  Just a snap shot, but...

teams applied/accepted:

DTX 03B West (Castro)
DTX 02B Red (Badii)
FC Premier 02B (Forzi)

I'm not familiar with the non-NTX teams (although the 2 OK teams are good) but IMO of the above, Castro's team will take it.  That team needs CL-D1 competition, but I think DTX-Red may be able to pull it off.

teams applied/denied:

FCD Premier (Pino)LP Rush (Fagen)
LP Owen (Jones)

The above could've given Castro a run for his money, but they were not accepted.  I find that a bit odd, other than assuring a DTX team will win -- possibly.

Thoughts?

FCD Premier (03) gave Castro a run for its money on Saturday Laughing

Maradona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jataca 11/3/2014, 12:02 pm

Ah yes.  The FCD Premier (03) All-stars did give Castro a run for their money.  But, the All-Stars came up a little short.

I wonder how the players (and parents) of the regular FCD Premier team feel about having to sit the bench when other players are brought in to play a specific team.  

FCD is about development?  I beg to differ....

jataca
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne 11/3/2014, 12:06 pm

jataca wrote:Ah yes.  The FCD Premier (03) All-stars did give Castro a run for their money.  But, the All-Stars came up a little short.

I wonder how the players (and parents) of the regular FCD Premier team feel about having to sit the bench when other players are brought in to play a specific team.  

FCD is about development?  I beg to differ....

LOL!
About Development? Yes.
About winning? Definitely!!

Not just FCD, though.

Solar '98s did this against my oldest BB's old team.
Unfortunately, it worked that time.
Although there was a Solar dad that was not amused.
SnookumsConCarne
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 11/3/2014, 12:24 pm

I don't care if its a kid from Mars taking their PT or little Johnny that they have known for 5 years, any team with near 18 kids is gonna have a couple of kids/parents who are pissed about PT after any competitive game.  I would assume that FCD kids that didn't play in the game (and their parents) probably felt about the same as Castro kids that didn't play in the game.  Pure conjecture, wasn't there.

As an outsider, the FCD 03 team has historically seemed pretty laid-back on trying to win at all costs. But whatever, can't be too shocked that other kids showed up to this particular game. If everybody on every other 03 team knows that FCD has other kids at their disposal, you would assume those on the FCD team know it as well.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jataca 11/3/2014, 2:01 pm

I dunno. I think that if my kid got beat out for a position from one of his teammates that also is at all of the practices/games I could handle that a whole lot better than a player who just showed up to play a particular game. But, that is just me.

jataca
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne 11/3/2014, 2:03 pm

But as long as they're Developing at practice, why should it matter if someone else take their spot during the game?
Don't most coaches tell the parents and kids that they're paying for development and not games or tournaments?
If your kid has to sit the bench to make room for a PA player, then maybe you should be paying more for development.
No one's guaranteed playing time, right?
Maybe the parent won't return next Falling and spend that moolah on another DI or DII coach who'll promise them that his team's all about development and not winning.
SnookumsConCarne
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 11/3/2014, 2:29 pm

I'm aware that all your questions are meant to be largely rhetorical.  

Everybody says all sorts of stuff because they think that is what they are supposed to say, but in the end what parents want is for themselves to enjoy the experience.   Not seeing their BB play is not enjoyable for most.  Everybody wants a meritocracy until the meritocracy turns against them.  Just like the coach will say its about development when he is explaining why the kids who need development the most are not getting to play.

Either way, if BB is getting beat out and not playing, then he better get his shite together cause he is ruining the experience for me.  Very Happy
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne 11/3/2014, 3:50 pm

Of course it was rhetorical!
As long as it's not MY BB getting screwed over.
Not until 3 years back, did I learn that clubs can call down kids from PA to help them win.
I just remember seeing that dude's expression when his BB didn't play at all. I thought at that moment, "I'm glad it's not my BB that's getting screwed."

A lot of parents join a team thinking that all's good in
the world. Until their world is shattered by reality such as this B.S..
Not all of us know the machinations of Big Club Politics and find out the hard way.
I'm not expecting my BB to get a DI or DII soccer scholarship. That's why I stress education in my house
But, to each their own.
I'm just having fun watching my BBs play.
Enjoy your time with your BBs.
And think before you drink the Kool-Aid folks.

SnookumsConCarne
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 11/3/2014, 4:01 pm

Snookey, there's a lot of truth in what your sayin'. Just sayin'

N13, this is all about me. It always was and will always be.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanofson 11/3/2014, 4:33 pm

Not sure why the commentary around the FC Dallas (Pino) and Castro game relates to this conversation as the two teams are registered in different age brackets for this tournament. That team that recently played Castro is in the 03 bracket but also not approved.

http://www.gotsport.com/events/teamlist.asp?eventid=37951&showall=true
Fanofson
Fanofson
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 11/3/2014, 7:42 pm

SnookumsConCarne wrote:Of course it was rhetorical!
As long as it's not MY BB getting screwed over.
Not until 3 years back, did I learn that clubs can call down kids from PA to help them win.
I just remember seeing that dude's expression when his BB didn't play at all. I thought at that moment, "I'm glad it's not my BB that's getting screwed."

A lot of parents join a team thinking that all's good in
the world. Until their world is shattered by reality such as this B.S..
Not all of us know the machinations of Big Club Politics and find out the hard way.
I'm not expecting my BB to get a DI or DII soccer scholarship. That's why I stress education in my house
But, to each their own.
I'm just having fun watching my BBs play.
Enjoy your time with your BBs.
And think before you drink the Kool-Aid folks.

people seem to overlook the "PRE" in pre-academy lol. these boys are just seeing how good they are and IF they have what it takes to go to next level. to anoint them as anything more would not be fair. they are NOT playing down when they return to their classic league teams from time to time. they may well be among the best in classic but they are not playing down. i do however understand an "unknowing" parent not appreciating the rules.

Last edited by soccerdadrandy on 11/3/2014, 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by d-megger 11/4/2014, 10:31 am

Should be a rule that you can play up a division, but not down. Would keep the level more even and you can see how much a player is developing by putting them in a more competitive situation rather than playing a player down a level. Only time a player can play down is if he is recovering from an injury and then you can only have one or two playing down at a time.

d-megger
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 11/4/2014, 11:16 am

d-megger wrote:Should be a rule that you can play up a division, but not down. Would keep the level more even and you can see how much a player is developing by putting them in a more competitive situation rather than playing a player down a level. Only time a player can play down is if he is recovering from an injury and then you can only have one or two playing down at a time.

the rule dis-allowing playing down does exist. a player should not be able down EVEN WHEN recovering from an injury. he could train down but to play a game "down" would be meaningless. I AM NOT A PROPONENT OF PLAYER PASS SOCCER. pre-academy training and being dual rostered is completely different. u just chimed in to defend the better than average boys that "train up" in pre-academy.
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 11/4/2014, 11:29 am

In a perfect youth soccer world, wouldn't the rosters all be fluid until about U16 anyway? Each club has an A, B and C team and you get put on a team on Wed for the games on Saturday? You may move from A to B to C or back to A during the course of the season.

It wouldn't make for much fun for the parents as they would have no idea how good a team really was, but it might help the kids play at a level they needed.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by d-megger 11/4/2014, 11:37 am

Sprint......If you have a D2 team for example that is either trying to avoid regulation or on the cusp of promotion and youre part of a big club then you have an advantage over say an independent on very small club by moving A to B or to C.
A D1 player should not be allowed to move to a D2 or D3 team anytime during the playing year.
From what I understand is this is happening and happening more frequently.

d-megger
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 11/4/2014, 11:46 am

d-megger wrote:Sprint......If you have a D2 team for example that is either trying to avoid regulation or on the cusp of promotion and youre part of a big club then you have an advantage over say an independent on very small club by moving A to B or to C.
A D1 player should not be allowed to move to a D2 or D3 team anytime during the playing year.
From what I understand is this is happening and happening more frequently.

Yea, I agree that does not look to be in the spirit of the rule and from what I understood, a player could not play down in the current CPP system, ( I.E a D1 roster player cannot player pass down to DII). IF that is happening, not good under the current system of relegation and promotion.

Only in my perfect Utopian Youth System, where we don't have pro/re and the teams more or less play friendlies every weekend, does the A, B and C team system work. They could put in a fixed roster for tourneys.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 11/4/2014, 12:05 pm

For player pass, you roster the kid on the lower team if you want to take advantage of the system. Right? If you put a U12 kid on U12 D1 CL team, said kid can play U13PA and U13CL and U12 D1 in any amount that you wish. Hell, you should actually put him on your U12 D3 CL team roster. Then he can play U12 or U13 D3 D2 or D1. Given, just one game a day, but still. Total flexibility.

Personally I don't give a crap. If you are the right age, bring it on.

Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 11/4/2014, 12:09 pm

I think under CPP you can only play before 75% of the games have been played. That means once you get about 4 games into the Spring Season, no more player pass.

I always viewed CPP as a chance for kids to "play up" on a team beyond their current one and see how they can do.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by golazo02 11/4/2014, 12:10 pm

Definitely a loop hole in the system where the best PA kids are showing up to Classic league games so that their team doesn't get relegated.

There are many PA kids who don't make the game roster each week. These are the ones that should have the opportunity to play in classic league. The rules need to be changed so that you can't be dual rostered for both a PA and classic league game on the same weekend.. not just the same day.

golazo02
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nice Ball 11/4/2014, 2:14 pm

I like the sound of Sprints Perfect Utopian Youth System! I think our current system of win to stay in is not good and does not promote development. The current system does promote cheating (I'm not pointing any fingers), recruiting over development, teams being disbanded and leads to burn out. Great atmosphere for our youth to develop in, unless you are on one of the top teams. However, even then it might not be a good place to be If your kid rides the bench the whole time.

Nice Ball
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mpcls55 11/4/2014, 4:56 pm

Sprint wrote:I think under CPP you can only play before 75% of the games have been played.  That means once you get about 4 games into the Spring Season, no more player pass.  

I always viewed CPP as a chance for kids to "play up" on a team beyond their current one and see how they can do.

This is correct and from what I seen, traditionally how it is used.

Definitely a lot of reference to FCD in the thread, but after many years of observing, I have seen that they focus on developing players and prepping them for the Academy more than worrying about the individual teams results.

mpcls55
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next