Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Fall from National Ranking Grace Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Fall from National Ranking Grace

+8
Beast_04
s0cc3rf@n
omega striker
earbucket
claretiano
soccerdadrandy
Laroja_2012
Harponit
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fall from National Ranking Grace Empty Fall from National Ranking Grace

Post by Harponit 5/26/2015, 3:56 pm

Are there Points that don’t  yet appear in the GotSoccer Ranking System or am I just off with my calculation?   It appears that Solar 99 Red (Passos) will lose 14,273 points by the start of next season.   If the numbers are correct  Solar 99 Red could possibly go from 4th in the National Ranking to out of the Top 100.  

Points that appear gone by the start of next season:

8/1/2014 -2014 Southern Region Premier League West (PLW) 6th 869 Pts
7/21/2014 - National Championship B15 Championship Semi-Finalist 2000 Pts
6/20/2014 - USYSA Region III Southern Championship B15 Champion 5786 Pts
5/2/2014 - 2014 North Texas State Cup B15 B Champion 1214 Pts
8/1/2013 **FALL 2013/SPRING 2014 CCSAI CLASSIC LEAGUE B15 D1 1st 4404 Pts

Is it a big surprise and what is the reason???

Harponit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Fall from National Ranking Grace Empty Re: Fall from National Ranking Grace

Post by Laroja_2012 5/26/2015, 4:59 pm

Very possible if they don't get results this current year. Note that other teams may be loosing points so the drop may not be so dramatic.

Laroja_2012
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 5/26/2015, 8:16 pm

just means they have been to highly ranked i guess. rankings are fun when you have the points but only reflect true strength in a few instances. just my opinion
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by claretiano 5/26/2015, 9:45 pm

Do you really believe those rankings???? They are fun to watch but not a reality of how good a team may be.

claretiano
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Harponit 5/27/2015, 9:56 am

I realize the rankings are flawed. I’ve seen SR play and they looked pretty good. I was just surprised to see this team have that kind of drop off.

SR -1st place - Region 3 Premier League West in 2012, 2013 and this year finish 6th
SR -1st place - CLASSIC LEAGUE 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14 and this year currently standing in 4th

Maybe others teams late bloomers are catching up??  It's just interesting to watch...

Harponit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket 5/27/2015, 10:00 am

soccerdadrandy wrote:just means they have been to[o] highly ranked i guess. rankings are fun when you have the points but only reflect true strength in a few instances. just my opinion

Solar Red lost a lot of talent to academies last year. Stands to reason that they are not at the same level as they had been. They were very good and well deserving of being highly ranked.

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Laroja_2012 5/27/2015, 10:41 am

Solar 99 Red were well deserving their ranking. It takes time for rankings to adjust to a team new reality. So if the team is deeply changed by players moving to DA, the ranking may look pumped up, but it is actually calculated on the previous year's performances.

In my experience with my BB team is that the rankings are a very good indication of the strength of a team and they are very useful when playing against teams from out of state.

Laroja_2012
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 5/27/2015, 11:50 am

Harponit wrote:I realize the rankings are flawed. I’ve seen SR play and they looked pretty good. I was just surprised to see this team have that kind of drop off.

SR -1st place - Region 3 Premier League West in 2012, 2013 and this year finish 6th
SR -1st place - CLASSIC LEAGUE 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14 and this year currently standing in 4th

Maybe others teams late bloomers are catching up??  It's just interesting to watch...
Solar Red lost 5 key starters 3 which were forwards and all went academy teams are top level strikers and players there as well, there are NO late bloomers at this age and level just shuffling of players and coaches Cool
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by s0cc3rf@n 5/27/2015, 2:27 pm

Those are "yearly" points and fall off accordingly.  It happens to a lot of teams. So if the team in question hasn’t done anything lately (Tournaments, inactive or WIN games) it will show the follow year once those points drop off.  It’s a “What have you done lately” point system.

s0cc3rf@n
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Beast_04 5/27/2015, 4:52 pm

Plus it is hard to earn more points when all of the tournaments you plan on playing get rained out. No play, no points. Sad Not sure if that applies to them, but is a possibility.
Beast_04
Beast_04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laroja_2012 5/27/2015, 7:58 pm

Beast_04 wrote:Plus it is hard to earn more points when all of the tournaments you plan on playing get rained out.  No play, no points. Sad  Not sure if that applies to them, but is a possibility.

Most points for the Solar team were earned at Premier League both West and Regional, National League, Regional and National Championships, not regular tournaments.

Laroja_2012
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by letsgo 5/27/2015, 9:08 pm

Solar is just going through what other teams went through 2-3 years ago. Players finally left to DA.

letsgo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Harponit 5/28/2015, 1:34 pm

The Texans 99B teams appear to have kept their foot on the throttle two teams in the top 3.  FCD has bounced back with their top team FCDP currently in 2nd place and two other teams in 6 & 7 place respectively.  

It will be fun to watch the 99B's next year.  Can Passos get his recruiting & coaching right and have his SR99 boys moving back up the standings ladder next season??  It is harder to get rats to jump ship when you are not winning and without multiple Solar 99B teams to draw talent from, It will be interesting to see if Passos can make it happen.

Otherwise, it will be a further free-fall next year.

Harponit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 5/31/2015, 8:37 am

Harponit wrote:The Texans 99B teams appear to have kept their foot on the throttle two teams in the top 3.  FCD has bounced back with their top team FCDP currently in 2nd place and two other teams in 6 & 7 place respectively.  

It will be fun to watch the 99B's next year.  Can Passos get his recruiting & coaching right and have his SR99 boys moving back up the standings ladder next season??  It is harder to get rats to jump ship when you are not winning and without multiple Solar 99B teams to draw talent from, It will be interesting to see if Passos can make it happen.

the funny thing about all this is the Texans and FCD have recruited from passos team thruout the years and he still has somehow been successful, with FCD becoming the new "empire" they will attract most of the top talent especially with a coach who is heavy in college contacting, both Texans red(Connell) and Texans South(Hernandez) have benfited from former top players and academy players dropping back down after seeing the same coach sht training methods over the years, Nuno in a year and a half finish up as the "TOP/most successful 99" coach bar none! regardless of the next season and a halfs outcome Cool
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 5/31/2015, 8:50 am

Which FCD coach has the College Connection?
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 5/31/2015, 8:52 am

soccerdadrandy wrote:Which FCD coach has the College Connection?
sir no free posting here please lol!

Dymond he does a lot for his teams
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 5/31/2015, 9:47 am

omega striker wrote:
soccerdadrandy wrote:Which FCD coach has the College Connection?
sir no free posting here please lol!

Dymond he does a lot for his teams

lol thanks bounce bounce bounce
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 5/31/2015, 9:58 am

this college connection thing (or lack there of) is probably why solar red has dropped so far so fast. someone should share with the owner of solar how to network with college coaches like FCD does. then they could attract the top talent and FCD wouldn't be the only "club to be on" as some suggest.
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket 5/31/2015, 10:22 am

soccerdadrandy wrote:this college connection thing (or lack there of) is probably why solar red has dropped so far so fast. someone should share with the owner of solar how to network with college coaches like FCD does. then they could attract the top talent and FCD wouldn't be the only "club to be on" as some suggest.

Wait, I thought Dallas Texans was the club to be in. What will be interesting will be where do the Andromeda Academy players go. Do they go back to 99 clubs or compete for a spot with Texans and Solar academies. If Solar Red gets its share then they will look pretty good next year. There is no doubt that Passos can coach.

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 5/31/2015, 10:36 am

earbucket wrote:
soccerdadrandy wrote:this college connection thing (or lack there of) is probably why solar red has dropped so far so fast. someone should share with the owner of solar how to network with college coaches like FCD does. then they could attract the top talent and FCD wouldn't be the only "club to be on" as some suggest.

Wait, I thought Dallas Texans was the club to be in.  What will be interesting will be where do the Andromeda Academy players go.  Do they go back to 99 clubs or compete for a spot with Texans and Solar academies.  If Solar Red gets its share then they will look pretty good next year.  There is no doubt that Passos can coach.  

PARDON MY SARCASM Smile yes i believe solar and the texans are both great places to be. fcd is as good no better is my real point
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 5/31/2015, 11:17 am

FCDs results speak for themselves look at where the current national team players have come from and soccerdad why do you think those two studs that played on your sons team left? for better/greener pastures Wink
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 5/31/2015, 12:14 pm

omega striker wrote:FCDs results speak for themselves look at where the current national team players have come from and soccerdad why do you think those two studs that played on your sons team left? for better/greener pastures Wink

results do speak for themselves FCD is a fine club. while no texans from my BB's age group are currently traveling with U15 YNT, eight are training locally with the two studs you mention. as to why they left (you mentioned greener grass) you can't rule out, relationship with their coach or coach to be, right? people on this forum BASH, HN, but i won't even try to defend him. many on this forum continually warn about "greener grass". if or when, my bb chooses to play for FCD it won't be because i think the grass is greener. it will simply be because thats what "I BELIEVE" (we never really no. do we?), is best for him that season. it would be ONLY the third change we have made. anyone trying to quote what i'm about to say, PLEASE INCLUDE ALL IN CONTEXT.

i really like the two boys and their parents that you ask me about. one is a soccer year older than my boy and one was a brief teammate. my son REALLY likes both of these kids as well. one of the reasons the older boy left is that he was told he would NOT play up on u16 DA this past year (obviously i don't know much of anything that is in the hearts). the bb from my sons teams (or his parents) basically wanted coach to choose between my bb or him. that bb was only getting about 10-15 minutes per game and my bb was playing 80. i wish my son had been move to another position and that young man was still with us. BOTH OF THOSE FORMER TEXANS ARE OUTSTANDING PLAYERS AND YOUNG MEN. CAN'T WAIT TILL THEY ARE ALL PLAYING TOGETHER AGAIN SOMEWHERE. bounce

soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 5/31/2015, 12:19 pm

[/quote]
Solar Red lost 5 key starters 3 which were forwards and all went academy teams are top level strikers and players there as well, there are NO late bloomers at this age and level just shuffling of players and coaches Cool [/quote]

THAT WOULD CAUSE MOST TEAMS TO FOLD
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Laroja_2012 5/31/2015, 5:21 pm

soccerdadrandy wrote:
omega striker wrote:Solar Red lost 5 key starters 3 which were forwards and all went academy teams are top level strikers and players there as well, there are NO late bloomers at this age and level just shuffling of players and coaches Cool

THAT WOULD CAUSE MOST TEAMS TO FOLD

Solar Red 99 won the RPL and are going to Regional Championships: they are still a very good team!

Laroja_2012
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyET 2/16/2016, 11:37 am

Harponit wrote:The Texans 99B teams appear to have kept their foot on the throttle two teams in the top 3.  FCD has bounced back with their top team FCDP currently in 2nd place and two other teams in 6 & 7 place respectively.  

I guess the "further free-fall" didn't happen, much to the chagrin of every other team in the 99 age group.
crazyET
crazyET
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next