Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

The President left the building!!! Calling all volunteers Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

The President left the building!!! Calling all volunteers

+9
SEAOTTER
fwsoccer
stryker8
quickfoot
DeadballMaster
studsup
IC75
sticks11
menotlikefwu
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The President left the building!!! Calling all volunteers Empty The President left the building!!! Calling all volunteers

Post by menotlikefwu 6/17/2010, 10:15 am

Wow, you may remember a month ago swirls of discussion regarding the "relievement of duties" of a 95 Classic FWU boys coach. Loads of crap around that deal! But I have heard that coach is doing fantastic with his new club...so that is great! Congrats! The President left the building!!! Calling all volunteers Icon_cheers
Following that debacle the exiting of all existing boardmember with the exception of 1 occurred. And the poor guy that took over the President position, well I was just informed by an existing Team Manager yesterday that he has resigned. Yes, that's right the "President has left the building!" The President left the building!!! Calling all volunteers Affraid
Wow, one might ask what is going on over there? No bueno is what I see!
So glad we got out while the gettin' was good! The President left the building!!! Calling all volunteers Lol
Poor kids, parents and coaches over there I wish you luck...you will need it! The President left the building!!! Calling all volunteers Icon_sad
menotlikefwu
menotlikefwu
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

The President left the building!!! Calling all volunteers Empty Re: The President left the building!!! Calling all volunteers

Post by sticks11 6/17/2010, 10:22 am

No kidding. I am so glad we left too. I heard they have lost quite a few teams. Our team is really happy at the new club. It is amazing that it took me so long to take my BB and get away from that club.
sticks11
sticks11
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

The President left the building!!! Calling all volunteers Empty Re: The President left the building!!! Calling all volunteers

Post by menotlikefwu 6/17/2010, 10:42 am

If you're happy and you know it clap your hands The President left the building!!! Calling all volunteers Icon_cheers . Glad to hear things have improved for ya Sticks...I would hate for your unhappiness to continue! LOL
menotlikefwu
menotlikefwu
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by IC75 6/17/2010, 11:41 am

What club did CJ end up at?

IC75
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sticks11 6/17/2010, 11:53 am

He is at Solar with his girls team.
sticks11
sticks11
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by studsup 6/21/2010, 7:39 pm

I gotta challenge for the Solar Blue team; How about a 1 off winner take all match with Fort Worth United Red. I have listened and read all of your comments and bad mouthing. Now is time to put up or shut .You all talk about how that group of boys earned the bye when truth is the bye was already with the club and all that particular team did was fall short. The club took the stand that the coach was lacking and made a change now I guess we could all find out who was lacking. After all we all know how sticks11 constantly mouthing made 1 of the best keepers in that age group leave soccer. Only 1 player was on the original team. The parents who run their mouths were afraid their boy would be cut with a new coach coming in so rather than encourage their bbs to learn and work hard it was easier to run and cottle. If you really believe you are superior this shouldnt be much of a match for your star studded line-up. Your coach that you so dearly love should have done such a great job at development that all your team would have to do is take the field and the other team would wilt of fright. So come on now is the time for action not talk 1v1 winner takes the bye. You up for it Sticks! As far as United falling we just got rid of the people who look out only for their bbs team and would rather focus on the entire group. New coaches who believe in earning their pay check rather than relying on a foriegn tongue to make idiot Americans swune even though their lack of game knowledge is so blatantly on display. Come and get some or shut your mouth if you contrentrated on your bb as much as buddying up a coach who knows how far he could go. Ive seen him play he is pretty good and has a good work ethic. Look forward to a response. See you all at the fields.
studsup
studsup
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadballMaster 6/21/2010, 10:41 pm

The President left the building!!! Calling all volunteers Drunken_smilie Wow, Ron, looks like you had a few too many red neck cool aids.
DeadballMaster
DeadballMaster
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by menotlikefwu 6/21/2010, 11:07 pm

Newsflash!!!!! Teams are leaving because the club is sinking faster than the Titanic! Wow heard 96 girls went to Solar.....any byes left there???

Oh heard not only did the newly elected president leave but the newly elected boys commissioner (and attorney) also resigned.....coinsidence I think not! Teams, players, coaches and board members are leaving because there are serious issues over there. Sad deal cause I always liked the colors....lol

Everyone left over there, which isn't many, again I wish you luck!
menotlikefwu
menotlikefwu
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by IC75 6/22/2010, 8:33 am

Studsup.
I can't comment on most of your post but one thing I can say absolutely is that the goalkeeper you mentioned did not leave because of anything sticks 11 said or did.

IC75
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by quickfoot 6/22/2010, 8:34 am

menotlikefwu wrote:Newsflash!!!!! Teams are leaving because the club is sinking faster than the Titanic! Wow heard 96 girls went to Solar.....any byes left there???

Oh heard not only did the newly elected president leave but the newly elected boys commissioner (and attorney) also resigned.....coinsidence I think not! Teams, players, coaches and board members are leaving because there are serious issues over there. Sad deal cause I always liked the colors....lol

Leaving a sinking ship for another....hmmmm.
quickfoot
quickfoot
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by studsup 6/22/2010, 8:45 am

Still not an answer. Just a lot of rubbling and grumbling from people who dont really know their way around a pitch. If Ive been drinking coolaid then why not play the game. After all you all believe you are superior. Sure the club has problems what club doesnt from time to time. The difference is that those who really care about the greater good for the players try to stick it out and bring about change. I would never lie and say it is perfect but with the right people who want to make it a better enviroment for all teams it can become a lot better. Give me a solid reason you dont like FWU. The practice facility cant argue? but that was down to a few coaches refusing to stay off fields when they were soaked and it is in the works to be fixed, and araingements have been made for the coming season on alternate locations. People leave for all kinds of reasons it is a volunteer position after all. I wish the boys all the luck next year with their new coach is bound to be better than the old one, but come on its easy to kick a group when they are down. It looks like in the long run FWU helped that group more than they realized. The idea was to remove a coach for a better coach for the sake of the boys development and although it didnt happen the way they thought it did indeed happen Go figure. If significant improvement is noted by parents this season maybe just maybe they might want to think about sending a little thank you letter to the group who made this possible. Stiil looking for an answer to the challenge.
studsup
studsup
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by menotlikefwu 6/22/2010, 8:50 am

Well, I guess we will wait and see on that. Anything is better than where we were...believe me...I know first hand. I have NEVER seen anything like what we saw over there...completely unbelieveable.
menotlikefwu
menotlikefwu
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by studsup 6/22/2010, 8:56 am

What do byes matter Menotlikefwu unless the only reason for playing is so you can be seen with the in crowd in classic. Playing in classic is not the end all be all although it is where we all strive to get. Ive seen many a classic team go down at the feet of Plano and Arlington teams in high profile tournaments. Once a team is in classic it is pretty easy to just tread water and hold on to 8th place due to the fact that from year to year parents believe the grass is greener on the other side. Many times leaving teams scrambling at the last moment. Dont believe me go back and look at tourney results. except for your elite 4 or 5 teams in D1 it happens almost every weekend.

Last edited by studsup on 6/22/2010, 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
studsup
studsup
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by studsup 6/22/2010, 9:06 am

menotlikefwu wrote:Well, I guess we will wait and see on that. Anything is better than where we were...believe me...I know first hand. I have NEVER seen anything like what we saw over there...completely unbelieveable.
Let me in on what you saw maybe im missing the boat and i would hate to do that. I saw a group of board members vote yes anytime a particular team wanted them to fund an extra tourney or 2. I saw the people in charge make the first field avaliable to that particular team any time it wanted in hopes it would help the team progress. From where I was standing every attempt was made to give that team whatever it needed to secure a spot in Div 1. That looked to be a forgone conclusion midway through the season with a 9 point lead on third only for the team to start losing and fall to 4th in half a season. Who got the blame the bench. So get rid of the bench the coach says here are the bbs I need and want and low and behold they manage a staggering 5th place finish the next season. I would rather not put the emphasis on the boys i believe they had plenty of talent on the team to get the job done so that would leave it squarely on the coach. From a man who preached comradery and team unity to lets retool completely because if i cant blame the kids then someone might blame me. That must be the true DEf of a COACH
studsup
studsup
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by menotlikefwu 6/22/2010, 9:36 am

Studsup....what do byes matter? Apparently alot as you are wanting a "challenge game for the bye" hehehe you want that bye bad don't you?
In the words of En Vogue..
No, you´re never gonna get it (Ow!)
Never ever gonna get it (No, not this time)
No, you´re never gonna get it (My love)
Never ever gonna get it
The President left the building!!! Calling all volunteers Lol
menotlikefwu
menotlikefwu
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sticks11 6/22/2010, 9:47 am

No challenge necessary we already have the bye, but thanks for the offer. Maybe we will have a chance to play in some tournaments during the year. I am sure that everyone finds your enthusiasm and derogatory comments very cute. I just have to believe that your passion comes from caring for your son as much as I care for mine. You and I both know that by asking me to quote my issues with FWU you are asking me to do exactly what you have blasted me for doing. As the former VP and Treasurer for the club I was privy to things that changed my opinion. Although I can imagine that could happen anywhere I don’t think the club would care for me to go on about my experiences and firsthand knowledge of how things are ran over there. We were unhappy and we removed ourselves from what was making us unhappy. I commend those who are still working to make all of youth soccer a positive experience. I'm sorry to see that you are still so unhappy. I can tell that you miss me about as much as I miss you. Good luck to you all.
sticks11
sticks11
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by studsup 6/22/2010, 10:49 am

I knew the answer before I wrote the post! And I am sure the teams will meet in a tourney somewhere. Just wanted to emphasize the fact that even though you all chose to leave you couldnt leave it at that. In order to feel gratified u had to turn to the internet to make accusations about people and their motives. We can all read the previous posts to see who started this barage of mouthing. I do hope for your kids sakes and for their playing skill the new coach spends time teaching instead of telling them what they do wrong. Youngsters dont make mistakes on the pitch because they want to they mess up because noone has taken the time to explain how and why there is a better way. You just cant say well they should know this by now and if they dont I cant do anything with them. This is the difference between Coach and Facilitator. Good luck to the group of boys sure hope the group gets to stay together rather than a few paying the cost for the better of the others.
studsup
studsup
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by stryker8 6/22/2010, 11:20 am

quickfoot wrote:
menotlikefwu wrote:Newsflash!!!!! Teams are leaving because the club is sinking faster than the Titanic! Wow heard 96 girls went to Solar.....any byes left there???

It's June. According to the soccer masses every club is sinking. This is just parents that are angry causing as much trouble as they can. FWU is doing what they’ve always done in the past: hiring good coaches, closing new facility deals, and doing everything they can for the Fort Worth soccer players.

The execs that resigned quoted job duties and lack of time. They were new to the job and it was an overwhelming experience (as we all know June can be). Two resigned, one was asked to resign, and one moved to a different position. All but one that resigned were offered different positions and tasks and all gladly accepted and offered to continue helping out the club (including the attorney who is working on three different projects for the Club). There is one that resigned that has not been offered additional tasks but he clearly said he would continue to help the club and the club will pull him into another position sometime in July.

June rumors and angry parents who did not like a decision that FWU made. It’s sad that they are acting this way but it is understandable given the termination of their coach. If you have questions, visit fortworthunited.com and use the Contact Us form and they will gladly help you out.

stryker8
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by IC75 6/22/2010, 11:46 am

Stryker8,
Your post makes sense and hopefully all will work out for you guys. Studsup if you believe the 95 Gold team had the talent to be DI you are sadly mistaken. Remember, since this team was U11 they have lost 10 players who are currently with other DI teams. They were replaced with players with no classic league expereince. With the exception of Sticks11 son, the parents should be fortunate that they (95 Gold) were DII.

IC75
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by quickfoot 6/22/2010, 1:04 pm

stryker8 wrote:
quickfoot wrote:

It's June. According to the soccer masses every club is sinking. This is just parents that are angry causing as much trouble as they can. FWU is doing what they’ve always done in the past: hiring good coaches, closing new facility deals, and doing everything they can for the Fort Worth soccer players.

The execs that resigned quoted job duties and lack of time. They were new to the job and it was an overwhelming experience (as we all know June can be). Two resigned, one was asked to resign, and one moved to a different position. All but one that resigned were offered different positions and tasks and all gladly accepted and offered to continue helping out the club (including the attorney who is working on three different projects for the Club). There is one that resigned that has not been offered additional tasks but he clearly said he would continue to help the club and the club will pull him into another position sometime in July.

June rumors and angry parents who did not like a decision that FWU made. It’s sad that they are acting this way but it is understandable given the termination of their coach. If you have questions, visit fortworthunited.com and use the Contact Us form and they will gladly help you out.
What has happened at Solar is not rumor. Someone has bailed them out. But if the same people are running it at the top it will not take long for them to begin sinking again.
quickfoot
quickfoot
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by studsup 6/22/2010, 1:18 pm

Interesting...........
studsup
studsup
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by IC75 6/22/2010, 1:30 pm

Studsup,
Is that the best you got..."interesting". Who told you or where did you hear that Sticks11 was the reason that keeper you mentioned earlier left soccer?

IC75
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by studsup 6/22/2010, 2:21 pm

The team was lucky he finished the season that year. There were several conversations about the problems in the team that year. The player in question just happens to be a natural athlete and his work ethic and willingness to learn set him apart that year. I know he is doing well with basketball and baseball it is just a shame he left soccer he had all the crudentials to be very talented. You dont have to take my word for it just asked people who saw him play. Unbelievable saves in several games that kept that team in the thick of the promotion fight till the end. Wish I could see him on the pitch again. As long as he is happy thats all that matters. The interesting remark was in reference to quickfoots comments. If you want to know the full details of what happened you would have to call me. I worked with the kid 2 or 3 times a week. Very dedicated while he was in soccer even made up missed sessions on Friday nights when other sports made scheduling conflicts. Dont see that all that often with todays youth or coaches for that matter. Raining go home, to cold go home, to hot go home, I feel the kids need a break is coach speak for I need a break for all of you that havent figured that 1 out yet, Oh by the way I still need my money. Try telling that to your real world boss. Ive been working for 4 hours my bad 3 hours this week in the hot sun need some time off, but still expect that check.
studsup
studsup
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by IC75 6/22/2010, 2:53 pm

Studsup,
I am really confused, were you talking about the keeper when the 95 gold team was U13 or the keeper when they were U14.

IC75
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by fwsoccer 6/22/2010, 3:44 pm

U14 the year a third of the team ran to another fwu team

fwsoccer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next