Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Liverpool Elite v. Liverpool Owen Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Liverpool Elite v. Liverpool Owen

+11
futbolista
just4kickz
scottallison1
Number13
finish1
CCM
SnookumsConCarne
frisco hooligan
PremierLeagueFan
hanallalone
Speedy Gonzales
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Liverpool Elite v. Liverpool Owen Empty Liverpool Elite v. Liverpool Owen

Post by Speedy Gonzales 12/4/2015, 10:41 am

Any word when this game will be played?

Wednesday, December 2, 2015  8:00 PM  Rained Out
LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA OWEN (JONES) v LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA 02B ELITE (FAGEN)

It matters for Dallas Cup bid.  Fagen is currently sitting in 3rd with 18 points but has only played 8 of the 9 D1 games considered for Dallas Cup.  With a win, Fagen can still catch #1 FCD Central who only has 21 points and has already played all 9 teams.  Any win puts Fagen through to DC because they are already tied on goal differential with FCD Central at 14.  Classic League needs to get off their butt and reschedule this game.

Last edited by Speedy Gonzales on 12/4/2015, 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Speedy Gonzales
Speedy Gonzales
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Liverpool Elite v. Liverpool Owen Empty Re: Liverpool Elite v. Liverpool Owen

Post by hanallalone 12/4/2015, 10:53 am

Odyssey is in the same boat in the 03' division... Playing the bottom team for final game, but can't get it in due to rain...
hanallalone
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy Gonzales 12/4/2015, 11:10 am

I just saw that.  Unfortunately the 2 teams in both those age groups that are currently in 1st are FCD teams.  Why is that important?  FCD is the host club for Dallas Cup.  I could see the potential for some serious collusion between Classic League, FCD, and DC to not reschedule those two games until after DC announces its bids, ensuring the host club gets those 2 bids.
Speedy Gonzales
Speedy Gonzales
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 12/4/2015, 11:28 am

Speedy Gonzales wrote:I just saw that.  Unfortunately the 2 teams in both those age groups that are currently in 1st are FCD teams.  Why is that important?  FCD is the host club for Dallas Cup.  I could see some serious collusion between Classic League and FCD to not reschedule those two games until after DC announces its bids.

That is not a very realistic conspiracy theory, but I do appreciate and share your frustration with Classic League for these game delays since they are preventing the table winners from emerging into the appropriate position in the table.

PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy Gonzales 12/4/2015, 11:51 am

PremierLeagueFan wrote:
Speedy Gonzales wrote:I just saw that.  Unfortunately the 2 teams in both those age groups that are currently in 1st are FCD teams.  Why is that important?  FCD is the host club for Dallas Cup.  I could see some serious collusion between Classic League and FCD to not reschedule those two games until after DC announces its bids.

That is not a very realistic conspiracy theory, but I do appreciate and share your frustration with Classic League for these game delays since they are preventing the table winners from emerging into the appropriate position in the table.

Just call me Mel Gibson and I'll call you Julia Roberts. As someone else said in the "03 thread raising a similar issue, "CL can do whatever they want. It's in their constitution." I'm not saying that's what is happening, I just think there is an opportunity for underhandedness and certainly a reason for people to talk. Everyone is at the break right now and not playing games so what is the less conspiratory, more logical explanation for why it hasn't been rescheduled?
Speedy Gonzales
Speedy Gonzales
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by frisco hooligan 12/4/2015, 2:36 pm

Maybe Classic has some conspiracy theories of their own...  Like Owen bowing down and giving the points to their "Elite" counterparts (as I'm sure some of those Owen players would make it on the DC roster as guests)?  It would be the second year in a row that "Elite" would have received a DC bid by goal differential...  

FCD (Spiars) deserves the bid anyway...  undefeated in the first half of the season - including the head to head win over "Elite".

frisco hooligan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy Gonzales 12/4/2015, 3:04 pm

frisco hooligan wrote:Maybe Classic has some conspiracy theories of their own...  Like Owen bowing down and giving the points to their "Elite" counterparts (as I'm sure some of those Owen players would make it on the DC roster as guests)?  It would be the second year in a row that "Elite" would have received a DC bid by goal differential...  

FCD (Spiars) deserves the bid anyway...  undefeated in the first half of the season - including the head to head win over "Elite".

Right...because the 2 win Owen team sitting in 8th place really has a legitimate shot at beating Elite??  Furthermore, I don't know of any 14 year old boys that are going to just roll over and allow their club rival to get the win, especially when their team is still in serious jeopardy of relegation. I'm sure that Owen team will give it their best shot and not just give it away because of some pipe dream of guest playing in Dallas Cup.  

I thought the team that "deserves" the DC bid was the one with the most points after the first 9 games as dictated by DC rules.  And in the event that doesn't decide the bid, tie breakers (the first of which is goal differential not head to head). I'm pretty sure points is also the way they decide CL champion, not some bs "who deserves it more" or who beat who head to head.  But who gives a s%&t about rules when we're talking about feelings.  You clearly have yours on your sleeve and are feeling a little butt hurt that you might lose the bid if CL does their job and allows it to be played.  Maybe Spiars shouldn't have allowed those 3 ties and we wouldn't even be having this conversation.
Speedy Gonzales
Speedy Gonzales
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne 12/5/2015, 7:23 am

Speedy Gonzales wrote:
frisco hooligan wrote:Maybe Classic has some conspiracy theories of their own...  Like Owen bowing down and giving the points to their "Elite" counterparts (as I'm sure some of those Owen players would make it on the DC roster as guests)?  It would be the second year in a row that "Elite" would have received a DC bid by goal differential...  

Right...because the 2 win Owen team sitting in 8th place really has a legitimate shot at beating Elite??  Furthermore, I don't know of any 14 year old boys that are going to just roll over and allow their club rival to get the win, especially when their team is still in serious jeopardy of relegation.  I'm sure that Owen team will give it their best shot and not just give it away because of some pipe dream of guest playing in Dallas Cup.  

I thought the team that "deserves" the DC bid was the one with the most points after the first 9 games as dictated by DC rules.  And in the event that doesn't decide the bid, tie breakers (the first of which is goal differential not head to head). I'm pretty sure points is also the way they decide CL champion, not some bs "who deserves it more" or who beat who head to head.  But who gives a s%&t about rules when we're talking about feelings.  You clearly have yours on your sleeve and are feeling a little butt hurt that you might lose the bid if CL does their job and allows it to be played.  Maybe Spiars shouldn't have allowed those 3 ties and we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Really?
Do you think that Coach Craig would throw a game just to let LP Elite qualify for DC?
8th place or not, our boys will give their best effort.
Also, since we still have the Spring season, and 8th place in dangerously close to relegation, there's no way that these boys will risk dropping to D2 just to allow Elite to qualify.

SnookumsConCarne
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM 12/5/2015, 11:13 am

That is about the most stupid thing I have ever read on this forum (and that's quite a feat... Congrats!).

Just so you know, The record for Owen v Fagen is practically even over the past couple of years. Owen wins a game, ties a game, loses a game. And if you think Owen would "tank" to a team that deliberately sabotaged their chances to make Premiere league last year by forfeiting a game to Mexico and having CL forcing Owen to accept 1 fewer games (to keep us in 5th) and a team that decided to go play in Las Vegas for a zero point tournament and gut the NPL team on a weekend we played in OK against the first place team that made Nationals (we came in 2nd and barely lost that weekend gutted and all) you have to be completely delusional. Also, for the record, both LP teams made the Dallas Cup last year with no help. This year, regardless of the outcome of the qualifiers and/or standings we more than likely would not be able to play in DC anyway (or at least it would be a tough one). We'll be training in England for 10 days and not return until after the beginning of the DC.

And lastly, if there was any talk or even a hint at LP suggesting that we tank to Fagen, I'd immediately yank my kid from the team. No way in #%^* would I EVER stand for such nonsense. Apparently, you subscribe to the whole FIFA mindset and think everyone cheats. I'm more than offended by your assertions and you sir should keep your garbage theories were they belong.

Congrats again on winning the most idiotic post award.

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne 12/5/2015, 11:27 am

CCM wrote:That is about the most stupid thing I have ever read on this forum (and that's quite a feat... Congrats!).

Just so you know, The record for Owen v Fagen is practically even over the past couple of years.  Owen wins a game, ties a game, loses a game.  And if you think Owen would "tank" to a team that deliberately sabotaged their chances to make Premiere league last year by forfeiting a game to Mexico and having CL forcing Owen to accept 1 fewer games (to keep us in 5th) and a team that decided to go play in Las Vegas for a zero point tournament and gut the NPL team on a weekend we played in OK against the first place team that made Nationals (we came in 2nd and barely lost that weekend gutted and all) you have to be completely delusional. Also, for the record, both LP teams made the Dallas Cup last year with no help.  This year, regardless of the outcome of the qualifiers and/or standings we more than likely would not be able to play in DC anyway (or at least it would be a tough one). We'll be training in England for 10 days and not return until after the beginning of the DC.  

And lastly, if there was any talk or even a hint at LP suggesting that we tank to Fagen, I'd immediately yank my kid from the team.  No way in #%^* would I EVER stand for such nonsense.   Apparently, you subscribe to the whole FIFA mindset and think everyone cheats.  I'm more than offended by your assertions and you sir should keep your garbage theories were they belong.

Congrats again on winning the most idiotic post award.  

Wow, CCM.
Tell us how you REALLY feel.
I agree, LP Owen's not going to give any team gimme win.
But maybe the FCD parent has some experience with teams throwing games to help another FCD team out.
Enjoy your weekend, Sir.

BTW, you misspelled "#%^*".
SnookumsConCarne
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM 12/5/2015, 11:30 am

Go back and look at his post history. Shouldn't be as surprising as you'd think. Every darn post of his is pure spiteful garbage. What a tool.

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne 12/5/2015, 12:47 pm

CCM wrote:Go back and look at his post history.  Shouldn't be as surprising as you'd think.  Every darn post of his is pure spiteful garbage.  What a tool.

Unfortunately, he does have a right to give his opinion.
SnookumsConCarne
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM 12/5/2015, 1:35 pm

Having "the right" doesn't automatically solidify one "as right" nor does having the right gives one sportsmanship or the semblance of class. In too many cases, the forum has (IMO) basically devolved into a bunch of anonymous keyboard warriors that think they have an extra set of cojones when sitting at home with their hands working feverishly.

Yes.  A nerve was sufficiently struck on this one.

Last edited by CCM on 12/5/2015, 2:38 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Clarification. Cojones correction. Thanks Snook)

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne 12/5/2015, 2:22 pm

CCM wrote:Having "the right" doesn't automatically solidify one "as right" nor does having the right gives one sportmanship or the symbolence of class. In too many cases, the forum has (IMO) basically devolved into a bunch of anonymous keyboard warriors that think they have an extra set of cohones when sitting at home with their hands working fevorishly.

Yes.  A nerve was sufficiently struck on this one.

"Cojones", Sir.
SnookumsConCarne
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM 12/5/2015, 2:39 pm

Fixed several "feverishly typed" typos... BTW:  Unsubscribing from this thread.  I don't need to let such nonsense consume me.

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne 12/5/2015, 3:02 pm

CCM wrote:Fixed several "feverishly typed" typos... BTW:  Unsubscribing from this thread.  I don't need to let such nonsense consume me.

The hell you are!
You WILL be back!
SnookumsConCarne
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 12/6/2015, 9:38 am

This thread is cracking me up. It doesn't take much to get some folks wound up.

Good to hear some bbs will be training in England next year. I will be in London about a month ahead of you. Have fun and best of luck!

finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy Gonzales 12/7/2015, 2:15 pm

Sunday, December 13, 1:30 p.m. Richland College.  Conspiracy theorists, including myself, can relax now. Unless, of course, Classic League and FCD seed the clouds to make it rain.  I heard they bought an airplane for just that purpose.

Oops, just checked the Weather Channel. There is a 50% chance of rain that morning. Conspiracy theory still partially intact.

Last edited by Speedy Gonzales on 12/7/2015, 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update with weather forecast)
Speedy Gonzales
Speedy Gonzales
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne 12/7/2015, 2:22 pm

Rain 50% Saturday & 40% Sunday
SnookumsConCarne
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy Gonzales 12/7/2015, 2:36 pm

Potato/Potatoe. My Weather Channel says 50% morning and 80% evening thunderstorms on Saturday and 50% morning and 0% evening chances on Sunday. The greater point is still valid. Why schedule a makeup on a weekend when chances are better than great of a rainout, when this entire week looks beautiful for soccer? Mel Gibson just re-entered the room.
Speedy Gonzales
Speedy Gonzales
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne 12/7/2015, 3:37 pm

I know, right?
SnookumsConCarne
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 12/7/2015, 4:54 pm

Our 03 "omg we gotta get this game in for DC qualification" game is also at 1:30 on Sunday at Richland.    Our assigned field is getting used Mon-Thurs night, then Sat, then Sun.  For CL.   All this time I was sure the world was revolving around me, so am assuming somebody made a mistake.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne 12/14/2015, 4:24 pm

Speedy Gonzales wrote:Any word when this game will be played?

Wednesday, December 2, 2015  8:00 PM  Rained Out
LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA OWEN (JONES) v LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA 02B ELITE (FAGEN)

It matters for Dallas Cup bid.  Fagen is currently sitting in 3rd with 18 points but has only played 8 of the 9 D1 games considered for Dallas Cup.  With a win, Fagen can still catch #1 FCD Central who only has 21 points and has already played all 9 teams.  Any win puts Fagen through to DC because they are already tied on goal differential with FCD Central at 14.  Classic League needs to get off their butt and reschedule this game.

Cancelled again.
LP Elite played well in the LP tournament in the U15 division this past weekend.
SnookumsConCarne
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 12/15/2015, 10:41 am

Number13 wrote:Our 03 "omg we gotta get this game in for DC qualification" game is also at 1:30 on Sunday at Richland.    Our assigned field is getting used Mon-Thurs night, then Sat, then Sun.  For CL.   All this time I was sure the world was revolving around me, so am assuming somebody made a mistake.

CL Better play reschedule this game ASAP "this week" while the weather is still cooperating.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne 12/15/2015, 11:29 am

This Saturday's forecast is calling for nice weather.
So, you KNOW that it's not gonna happen this weekend.
SnookumsConCarne
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next