Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

US U17 Residency Florida Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

US U17 Residency Florida

5 posters

Go down

US U17 Residency Florida Empty US U17 Residency Florida

Post by Sprint 1/18/2016, 10:10 am

http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2016/01/15/15/41/160115-u17-john-hackworth-names-32-player-u17-mnt-2016-spring-residency-roster

The National team made its invite list for the US U17 Residency Program in Florida.

This is the 00 age group and the group that will be used for the selection of kids for the U17 World Cup.

Congratulations to the one player from Texas that made the list, a Solar U16 DA player.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

US U17 Residency Florida Empty Re: US U17 Residency Florida

Post by Number13 1/18/2016, 12:28 pm

Georgia United and IMG Academy must have some good DA teams. Except they don't. I guess that's more on the '99 kids I suppose.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket 1/18/2016, 2:53 pm

Below is roster from the friendlies played in early December. Must not have liked the defenders, I only count 2 from this group in residency. Or perhaps they didn't like him.

GOALKEEPERS (3): Alexander Budnik (Sockers FC; Arlington Heights, Ill.), Justin Garces (Kendall FC; Miami, Fla.)

DEFENDERS (7): Jake Arteaga (LA Galaxy, Glendora, Calif.), Kelee Cornfield-Saunders (LA Galaxy; San Marcos, Calif.), Christopher Durkin (D.C. United; Glen Allen, Va.), Jaylin Lindsey (Sporting Kansas City; Charlotte, N.C.), Rayshaun McGann (Philadelphia Union; Royal Palm Beach, Fla.), Bryan Perez (LA Premier FC; Los Angeles, Calif.), Chandler Vaughn (D.C. United; Woodbridge, Va.)

MIDFIELDERS (7): George Acosta (Weston FC; Hollywood, Fla.), Andrew Carleton (Georgia United; Powder Springs, Ga.), Blaine Ferri (Solar Chelsea SC; Southlake, Texas), Christopher Goslin (Georgia United; Locust Grove, Ga.), James Sands (New York Soccer Club; Rye, N.Y.), Arturo Vasquez (FC Golden State; Mira Loma, Calif.), Adrian Villegas (Portland Timbers; Hood River, Ore.)

FORWARDS (4): Ayomide Akinola (Toronto FC; Brampton, Ont.), Joshua Sargent (Scott Gallagher Missouri; O’Fallen, Mo.), Tonny Temple (IMG Academy; Millville, Pa.), Timothy Weah (Paris Saint-Germain F.C.; Rosedale, N.Y.)

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 1/18/2016, 8:08 pm

Number13 wrote:Georgia United and IMG Academy must have some good DA teams.   Except they don't.   I guess that's more on the '99 kids I suppose.  

ID'ing soccer players by scouts and coaches at this level is so subjective and USA sucks at it. to me its like watching a spelling Bee and rewarding the big fast strong contestant because they rush their answer and didn't ask all of the deliberate "may i have the country of origin please". even though the kid put the "I before E" in conceive, they performed the task quicker than the contestant that spell it correctly but took to much time. all USA soccer has to do now (they wrongly believe), is teach this bad speller to spell better. he's already quick lol if we can just teach him to pass, think, play smarter he will be the next messi.

congrates to the 9th grader from Texas (Solar)
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 1/19/2016, 12:50 pm

soccerdadrandy wrote:
Number13 wrote:Georgia United and IMG Academy must have some good DA teams.   Except they don't.   I guess that's more on the '99 kids I suppose.  

ID'ing soccer players by scouts and coaches at this level is so subjective and USA sucks at it. to me its like watching a spelling Bee and rewarding the big fast strong contestant because they rush their answer and didn't ask all of the deliberate "may i have the country of origin please". even though the kid put the "I before E" in conceive, they performed the task quicker than the contestant that spell it correctly but took to much time. all USA soccer has to do now (they wrongly believe), is teach this bad speller to spell better. he's already quick lol if we can just teach him to pass, think, play smarter he will be the next messi.

Maybe.  I don't know.  I didn't go to all of these tryouts, maybe you did.   Of this group of 32, you can find info on the 29 that are on DA teams.  

9 of the 29 were born in January.  The average birthdate was April 16.   If you took the kids by the "soccer calendar"....5 of the 29 kids were born after August 1.  There is one kid on the team born in the last quarter of the year.  One.   So its clearly older kids that get picked.   You would assume that future potential is randomly distributed across birthdays.   The goal is not to develop these kids, the goal is to try to field a competitive team at U17 today.   So, yeah, that is consistent with at picking the more physically developed kids.

Of the three that were not on DA teams, two of them were twins and the other was a GK.   And the two twins were at a club that looks to have had DA at U14 but not at U16.   So you definitely have to bring the mountain to Mohammed.   Looked like 3 or 4 of them play up on U18 DA.  

For the heights listed, there were only 8 of them that I saw.  They were all between 5'2-5'9 for the field players.  The lone GK was 6'0.  Maybe those heights are dated.  But that's not a bunch of giants.  Its just a bunch of older kids.  

Ten kids were from the SE (if you count IMG as SE), three from the Midwest, Four from California, Two from the Northwest, Eleven from the NE/DC.  One from South Carolina who used to play in NewYork, and then one from Texas.

So I'd imagine to get picked for this you need to be born in the Spring, play for a DA club, be damn good, be damn lucky, and fit their regional bias or have a good regional scout.....but don't necessarily have to be big.  Maybe being out at Farmers Branch it seems that way.    

The local kid isn't very big, and is one of the few Fall b-days, and is the ONLY kid from anywhere around here.   So, one might assume that he is the stone cold nuts at soccering.  So, lesson is...IF you live here, that is how good you have to be to have a shot at any of this.  Chances are that applies to nobody.  So whatever, move on.  

I could be wrong on some of this, just had a spare 45 mins at lunch today.   Times get slow when your industry is exploding in giant dumpster fire.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 1/19/2016, 1:14 pm

Number13 wrote:
soccerdadrandy wrote:

Maybe.  I don't know.  I didn't go to all of these tryouts, maybe you did.   Of this group of 32, you can find info on the 29 that are on DA teams.  

9 of the 29 were born in January.  The average birthdate was April 16.   If you took the kids by the "soccer calendar"....5 of the 29 kids were born after August 1.  There is one kid on the team born in the last quarter of the year.  One.   So its clearly older kids that get picked.   You would assume that future potential is randomly distributed across birthdays.   The goal is not to develop these kids, the goal is to try to field a competitive team at U17 today.   So, yeah, that is consistent with at picking the more physically developed kids.  

Of the three that were not on DA teams, two of them were twins and the other was a GK.   And the two twins were at a club that looks to have had DA at U14 but not at U16.   So you definitely have to bring the mountain to Mohammed.   Looked like 3 or 4 of them play up on U18 DA.  

For the heights listed, there were only 8 of them that I saw.  They were all between 5'2-5'9 for the field players.  The lone GK was 6'0.  Maybe those heights are dated.  But that's not a bunch of giants.  Its just a bunch of older kids.  

Ten kids were from the SE (if you count IMG as SE), three from the Midwest, Four from California, Two from the Northwest, Eleven from the NE/DC.  One from South Carolina who used to play in NewYork, and then one from Texas.

So I'd imagine to get picked for this you need to be born in the Spring, play for a DA club, be damn good, be damn lucky, and fit their regional bias or have a good regional scout.....but don't necessarily have to be big.  Maybe being out at Farmers Branch it seems that way.    

The local kid isn't very big, and is one of the few Fall b-days, and is the ONLY kid from anywhere around here.   So, one might assume that he is the stone cold nuts at soccering.  So, lesson is...IF you live here, that is how good you have to be to have a shot at any of this.  Chances are that applies to nobody.  So whatever, move on.  

I could be wrong on some of this, just had a spare 45 mins at lunch today.   Times get slow when your industry is exploding in giant dumpster fire.

Good breakdown of the stats and a pretty stark realization to those players not born in the first 6 months of the year when it comes to this stuff. Another I have seen in most of the kids that make these teams is most, if not all, of them play up at least one year at their club team. If you are playing your own age group, odds are they may not look at you. But who knows, I agree the kid picked from here is the best youth soccer player I have ever seen, so it's very deserving in his case.

Tesla may need some good folks with everyone going to alternative energy sources.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 1/24/2016, 10:54 pm

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO THE DALLAS AREA 10th grader call up to U19 USMNT

http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2016/01/22/20/32/160122-u19-mnt-head-coach-brad-friedel-names-23-player-roster-for-copa-de-atlantico-tournament
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket 1/24/2016, 11:12 pm

Six kids form FC Dallas. Wow.

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 1/24/2016, 11:19 pm

earbucket wrote:Six kids form FC Dallas.  Wow.

That is factually correct but more of those kids came from El Paso, Lonestar (Austin), Scorpions (San Antonio), Dallas Texans, etc. The new norm is and will be that the best Texas kids end up at an MLS at least by U16 DA age. Congrates to all the boys and "All" of the youth coaches that helped shape them for their integration with the FC Dallas Club.
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 1/25/2016, 9:00 am

Did FC Dallas just relocate to Southern Cal or something..... Twisted Evil
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket 1/25/2016, 10:37 am

soccerdadrandy wrote:

That is factually correct but more of those kids came from El Paso, Lonestar (Austin), Scorpions (San Antonio), Dallas Texans, etc. The new norm is and will be that the best Texas kids end up at an MLS at least by U16 DA age. Congrates to all the boys and "All" of the youth coaches that helped shape them for their integration with the FC Dallas Club.

All true, but these kids had been frozen out for years and so it's good to see them be identified. I think it's great that FCD challenges these kids by having training sessions with the professional players. Pareja is a godsend for that program.

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket 1/25/2016, 10:51 am

soccerdadrandy wrote:

Solar is one of the et cetera teams, but all's fair in the Hassan parlor game of attrition.

Houston Dynamo has lost at least one (maybe more) to FCD. And it doesn't seem that Dynamo dominate the Houston area. I think it would be more likely that a kid transfers from a Houston club to FCD than to HD.

FCD also picked up kids from Alabama and Arkansas. And Craft is from Virginia.

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 1/25/2016, 3:16 pm

With 7 players from Texas and only 2 from California this is unlike any national team roster I have seen in recent years.

I hope they represent us well and that the USSF will look to Texas for talent in the future.
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum