Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

99 open practice and tryout week - forecast....Rain!!!!! Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

99 open practice and tryout week - forecast....Rain!!!!!

+5
CLUB31
nuchad
omega striker
Axxman
soccersoccersoccer
9 posters

Go down

99 open practice and tryout week - forecast....Rain!!!!! Empty 99 open practice and tryout week - forecast....Rain!!!!!

Post by soccersoccersoccer 6/28/2010, 7:00 am

Well, this weeks forecast of rain all week should add another layer of stress to the week.

soccersoccersoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

99 open practice and tryout week - forecast....Rain!!!!! Empty Re: 99 open practice and tryout week - forecast....Rain!!!!!

Post by Axxman 6/28/2010, 9:10 am

Why the stress, fill us in.?

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

99 open practice and tryout week - forecast....Rain!!!!! Empty Re: 99 open practice and tryout week - forecast....Rain!!!!!

Post by omega striker 6/28/2010, 9:13 am

Axxman wrote:Why the stress, fill us in.?
yea whats next? 99 open practice and tryout week - forecast....Rain!!!!! Suspect
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersoccersoccer 6/28/2010, 9:19 am

Stress for some, I guess - those that are in "tryout" mode and looking to switch teams. The ones that are going to multiple open practices and tryouts. I heard DTS had over 40 people at some of their practices - although not sure I believe that.

soccersoccersoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 6/28/2010, 11:39 am

soccersoccersoccer wrote:Stress for some, I guess - those that are in "tryout" mode and looking to switch teams. The ones that are going to multiple open practices and tryouts. I heard DTS had over 40 people at some of their practices - although not sure I believe that.
the DTS 99' team? nope not even close what somebody is seeing is 3 teams all practicing next to each other! now Andromeda has had the most kids out with around 30 new kids for all three teams!!!!!!!!!! 99 open practice and tryout week - forecast....Rain!!!!! Affraid 99 open practice and tryout week - forecast....Rain!!!!! Affraid 99 open practice and tryout week - forecast....Rain!!!!! Affraid
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by nuchad 6/28/2010, 12:15 pm

omega striker wrote:
soccersoccersoccer wrote:Stress for some, I guess - those that are in "tryout" mode and looking to switch teams. The ones that are going to multiple open practices and tryouts. I heard DTS had over 40 people at some of their practices - although not sure I believe that.
the DTS 99' team? nope not even close what somebody is seeing is 3 teams all practicing next to each other! now Andromeda has had the most kids out with around 30 new kids for all three teams!!!!!!!!!! 99 open practice and tryout week - forecast....Rain!!!!! Affraid 99 open practice and tryout week - forecast....Rain!!!!! Affraid 99 open practice and tryout week - forecast....Rain!!!!! Affraid

and THAT is how rumors get started!!! HA...

nuchad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CLUB31 6/28/2010, 12:20 pm

What is going on with the evil emipres d1 and d2 teams. Have they filled their spots and just waiting to lay waste to all that get in their way next year. I heard the top texan team is looking formidable as always and the d2 team is struggling.

CLUB31
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 6/28/2010, 3:21 pm

CLUB31 wrote:What is going on with the evil emipres d1 and d2 teams. Have they filled their spots and just waiting to lay waste to all that get in their way next year. I heard the top texan team is looking formidable as always and the d2 team is struggling.
struggling for players you mean?
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by sokrmom72 6/28/2010, 6:04 pm

Why...whats going on with that D2 Texans team????

sokrmom72
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sokrfreak 6/29/2010, 8:44 am

The team was left with only five or six of its original players.....I wonder what happened???

sokrfreak
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by wazthetruth 6/29/2010, 8:57 am

sokrfreak wrote:The team was left with only five or six of its original players.....I wonder what happened???

from what I've heard at some of the other open tryouts is a couple of things - coaches two teams, emphasis is on D1 team and misses several of the Red team games - doesn't take Red team to many tournaments, yet the fees are the same for the other team...I think it was a "B team" feel.

wazthetruth
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 6/29/2010, 9:05 am

wazthetruth wrote:
sokrfreak wrote:The team was left with only five or six of its original players.....I wonder what happened???

from what I've heard at some of the other open tryouts is a couple of things - coaches two teams, emphasis is on D1 team and misses several of the Red team games - doesn't take Red team to many tournaments, yet the fees are the same for the other team...I think it was a "B team" feel.
yea that always sux!!! but that shouldn't stop the team manager from getting the team into tournaments? and for as much as the parents pay on a team like that they need to either have an assistant coach or appoint a overcompetitive parent as the acting coach,lol!!!!! 99 open practice and tryout week - forecast....Rain!!!!! Lol
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by nuchad 6/29/2010, 9:15 am

omega striker wrote:
wazthetruth wrote:

yea that always sux!!! but that shouldn't stop the team manager from getting the team into tournaments? and for as much as the parents pay on a team like that they need to either have an assistant coach or appoint a overcompetitive parent as the acting coach,lol!!!!! 99 open practice and tryout week - forecast....Rain!!!!! Lol

I'm in on the overcompetitive parent...but for motivational purposes only (that is as far as my soccer knowledge goes!) INTENSE BABY! 99 open practice and tryout week - forecast....Rain!!!!! Affraid 99 open practice and tryout week - forecast....Rain!!!!! Icon_geek 99 open practice and tryout week - forecast....Rain!!!!! Icon_twisted

nuchad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CLUB31 6/29/2010, 9:38 am

What kind of team are they going to have and where did all their players go?

CLUB31
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by sokrfreak 6/29/2010, 9:46 am

Sad too... because if you look at some of the kids that were on that team, they had pretty good players. Should have done a lot better than they did. And if that many kids left.... cant blame players.

sokrfreak
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/29/2010, 10:49 am

Whose team are you talking about?

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 6/29/2010, 10:54 am

saw that team out at the camp. I think they will be find and look like a better group this year. The reality is they were in D2 and alot of parental egos were not going to allow their bb to play in D2 no matter what. Losing a few players was par for the course.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sokrfreak 6/29/2010, 11:01 am

connel Texans d2.
Saw them at camp with who??? No ones left!

sokrfreak
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 6/29/2010, 11:06 am

oh you are mistaken. There were more kids than there are spots available. He should have his final roster set by now. I know people like to believe "this team will fall apart once our great kid leaves", but it was not the case here. Didn't see any of the problems with connell's team and the play looked like an improvement from last year.
oh forgot, it was at the Texans tryout camp. Connell had his team separated
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sokrfreak 6/29/2010, 11:13 am

Touched a nerve. Sorry!
Are you a parent from the team?
No disrespect, just saying the kids that I know that left were all strong players. That team should have done a lot better than they did. So at some point you have to stop blaming parents and take a look at the coach.

sokrfreak
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 6/29/2010, 11:32 am

no nerve touched and not from that team. Don't know too much about his coaching and maybe there is something too that. Seemed okay from what I saw though. Not so sure how strong those players where. I thought Connell's team did about as good as could be expected with the players they had. Their expectations may have been higher but the reality was not.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by sokrfreak 6/29/2010, 11:51 am

I agree with some of that... but I know for a fact ( my son is bf's with a kid off the team) that six of the ten that left all got spots on D1 teams. Andromeda, Comets and I want to say FC Dallas or it actually might have been one of the other Texans teams. South or the old Craft.

sokrfreak
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 6/29/2010, 12:01 pm

that number sounds about right but it is not unusual for a D2 team to lose players the first year in D2. Also making one of the other teams in D1 still does not make you a strong player. They will have to step into a more competitive environment and make an impact. Playing on a top team does not make you a good player. Good play does, and I have no doubt that some of them will. Others may find that the grass is not greener and if they are a payer or a player. Also didn't recognize any of the connell players on Texans or south, but the again I am no texans expert. Heard about the andro and comets though.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by sokrfreak 6/29/2010, 12:10 pm

totally agree with that. if you go back and look at their standings, they could not score a goal to save their life! but you have to admit, that if they had a strong coach and a supportive manager, they could have survived. losing that many players is always a killer. they are pretty much starting from scratch and that always hurts. lessons learned.......

sokrfreak
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 6/29/2010, 12:37 pm

Losing players hurt but they seemed to have done a good job with the pickups. Can't vouch for the coach or manager but I never thought they would stay in D1 last year with the squad they had. From qualifying on, I thought they were a D2 quality team.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down