Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

So what ever happened to.................. Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

So what ever happened to..................

+7
starbuck
Tequilapark
afrankw
FCDY99_Fan
BigAl
liebevin
omega striker
11 posters

Go down

So what ever happened to.................. Empty So what ever happened to..................

Post by omega striker 7/10/2009, 2:17 am

the Revolution and Real Madrid and their little party during their game? Shocked
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

So what ever happened to.................. Empty Re: So what ever happened to..................

Post by liebevin 7/12/2009, 10:23 pm

Considering that nothing was/will be done, expect more of this at your local pitch. Sadly there are more than just 2 of these types of teams/groups that are allowed to exist.
liebevin
liebevin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

So what ever happened to.................. Empty Re: So what ever happened to..................

Post by BigAl 7/29/2009, 2:53 pm

What Happened?
BigAl
BigAl
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by FCDY99_Fan 7/29/2009, 2:57 pm

Very Happy

FCDY99_Fan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by afrankw 7/29/2009, 3:32 pm

BigAl wrote:What Happened?

The parent’s from the teams decided to debate the game and the tournament director thought it would be a good idea to have the local police mediate the debate. Apparently the debate ended in a tie because no was given any points. However, I do believe that Revolution went on to win the tournament.
afrankw
afrankw
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BigAl 7/29/2009, 3:40 pm

afrankw wrote:

The parent’s from the teams decided to debate the game and the tournament director thought it would be a good idea to have the local police mediate the debate. Apparently the debate ended in a tie because no was given any points. However, I do believe that Revolution went on to win the tournament.
What tourney?
BigAl
BigAl
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by afrankw 7/29/2009, 3:43 pm

BigAl wrote:
afrankw wrote:

What tourney?

Kyle Owen Classic - 98 Boys
afrankw
afrankw
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by liebevin 7/29/2009, 4:12 pm

afrankw wrote:
BigAl wrote:
afrankw wrote:

What tourney?
Who were the teams that danced at Puma Cup.....think there might be a common team or two there as well....

Kyle Owen Classic - 98 Boys
liebevin
liebevin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tequilapark 7/29/2009, 4:30 pm

Its probably not all the parents, if actions will be taken or have been, I hope its against individuals not the team.
Tequilapark
Tequilapark
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by afrankw 7/29/2009, 4:44 pm

At the Puma Cup it was the Revolution '94 and the Zague SC.
afrankw
afrankw
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by liebevin 7/29/2009, 5:14 pm

afrankw wrote:At the Puma Cup it was the Revolution '94 and the Zague SC.
Revo being the common thread..... confused
liebevin
liebevin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by starbuck 7/29/2009, 5:28 pm

I read about those incidents on the other board too. If it's true, does this mean two more open byes in two of the boy's age divisions (98 and 94)? I can't imagine CL taking on this liability regardless of how many waiver forms are signed.

starbuck
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 7/29/2009, 7:17 pm

I don't think CL can do anything based on these incidents without a decision of a hearing on the matters. Since no one has said anything about one happening, it would seem that the tournament directors, sponsoring associations, clubs, parents and coaches all decided they did not have the time to do the right thing and file written complaints demanding a hearing. Sad but not at all uncommon. Sad

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by FlatBack4 7/29/2009, 9:16 pm

my2cents wrote:I don't think CL can do anything based on these incidents without a decision of a hearing on the matters. Since no one has said anything about one happening, it would seem that the tournament directors, sponsoring associations, clubs, parents and coaches all decided they did not have the time to do the right thing and file written complaints demanding a hearing. Sad but not at all uncommon. Sad

Maybe one of the parents from those teams in question will step up and inform Classic League about how their team acts at games just because it's the right thing to do.
WHAT AM I SAYING?
FlatBack4
FlatBack4
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by liebevin 7/29/2009, 9:24 pm

FlatBack4 wrote:
my2cents wrote:I don't think CL can do anything based on these incidents without a decision of a hearing on the matters. Since no one has said anything about one happening, it would seem that the tournament directors, sponsoring associations, clubs, parents and coaches all decided they did not have the time to do the right thing and file written complaints demanding a hearing. Sad but not at all uncommon. Sad

Maybe one of the parents from those teams in question will step up and inform Classic League about how their team acts at games just because it's the right thing to do.
WHAT AM I SAYING?
They would most likely take the 5th.....
liebevin
liebevin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by starbuck 7/29/2009, 9:39 pm

The sad thing is this is probably true. The unfortunate thing is it won't protect those in charge. If there were arrests in either of these incidents, there are already records and complaints. If anyone gets hurt in an altercation during the season playing either of these teams, the recorded history is already there. Win or lose, I bet it would be a very difficult and expensive time for those in decision making positions, again, waivers or not. Just my opinion.

starbuck
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 7/30/2009, 12:12 am

C/L = invitation league ,,,, Don't invite them back. Some problems are so easy to solve it's pathetic.
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FlatBack4 7/30/2009, 7:49 pm

plantit wrote:C/L = invitation league ,,,, Don't invite them back. Some problems are so easy to solve it's pathetic.
True, but that's not the problem. The problem is having the balls to not invite them.
FlatBack4
FlatBack4
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 7/30/2009, 9:48 pm

No the problem is not that CL will not arbitrarally punish the kids on the team by throwing them out of the league because of the actions of a few adult morons. The problem is the people in charge of the tournament where this happened will not do what is necessary to weed out what is probably a just a few individuals. I can say with certainty if the tournament director or any eye witness filed with NTX or the association that had jurisdiction and followed through demanding a hearing, some parents would be serving one year suspensions. Everyone is "too busy" or " don't want to start any trouble" and wonder why "somebody" does not do something.
As far as classic doing anything; two years ago I found out on the way home a father had challenged my son asking if he "wanted to try that on someone a little bigger" after a physical tackle ( no penalty ) I filed a complaint with A&D. Heard nothing . Followed up and finally got an answer. Don't email A&D, contact that age division commissioner. We will look into it. My son was 11 at the time. This was their response to something which if I had heard it when it happened could have very quickly moved to being settled in the parking lot.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by starbuck 7/30/2009, 10:40 pm

my2cents wrote:No the problem is not that CL will not arbitrarally punish the kids on the team by throwing them out of the league because of the actions of a few adult morons. The problem is the people in charge of the tournament where this happened will not do what is necessary to weed out what is probably a just a few individuals. I can say with certainty if the tournament director or any eye witness filed with NTX or the association that had jurisdiction and followed through demanding a hearing, some parents would be serving one year suspensions. Everyone is "too busy" or " don't want to start any trouble" and wonder why "somebody" does not do something.
As far as classic doing anything; two years ago I found out on the way home a father had challenged my son asking if he "wanted to try that on someone a little bigger" after a physical tackle ( no penalty ) I filed a complaint with A&D. Heard nothing . Followed up and finally got an answer. Don't email A&D, contact that age division commissioner. We will look into it. My son was 11 at the time. This was their response to something which if I had heard it when it happened could have very quickly moved to being settled in the parking lot.
Very sad situation indeed. At least, in this case, the members are now on notice for any altercations with injuries within the '98 or '94 divisions this upcoming season. Lots of documentation to reference.

starbuck
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 7/31/2009, 8:06 am

my2cents wrote:This was their response to something which if I had heard it when it happened could have very quickly moved to being settled in the parking lot.
Hmm..just like what happened with the Revolution and Real Madrid match

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 7/31/2009, 10:08 am

Exactly!! I am thankful I did not know until on the way home. Had I heard it when it happened I would have confronted him and it easily could have gotten ugly. Adults threatening kids is criminal. The AR was on that side and chances are better than not that the center heard it too. Neither addressed it. The league did not address it . That jerk is probably still doing it unless the coach or another parent called him on it.
All parents need to step and be responsible for the atmosphere at these games. I had a parent on my son's team do the same thing a little over a year ago. I immediately turned and calmly but very firmly called him out on threatening a kid. Totally embarrassed him and finished with " and if I ever hear that again I WILL file a complaint and get you suspended." Up to that point I got along with this guy. He did not like it but too bad. Most parents would never allow kids to go places where people are acting violently and disrespectfully toward others. Why let it slide at soccer matches? I don't get it.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 7/31/2009, 6:27 pm

my2cents wrote:Exactly!! I am thankful I did not know until on the way home. Had I heard it when it happened I would have confronted him and it easily could have gotten ugly. Adults threatening kids is criminal. The AR was on that side and chances are better than not that the center heard it too. Neither addressed it. The league did not address it . That jerk is probably still doing it unless the coach or another parent called him on it.
All parents need to step and be responsible for the atmosphere at these games. I had a parent on my son's team do the same thing a little over a year ago. I immediately turned and calmly but very firmly called him out on threatening a kid. Totally embarrassed him and finished with " and if I ever hear that again I WILL file a complaint and get you suspended." Up to that point I got along with this guy. He did not like it but too bad. Most parents would never allow kids to go places where people are acting violently and disrespectfully toward others. Why let it slide at soccer matches? I don't get it.
well said!
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum