Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Girls Team(s) in Boys Classic League Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Girls Team(s) in Boys Classic League

+4
OP05
finish1
bigtex75081
tpitty
8 posters

Go down

Girls Team(s) in Boys Classic League Empty Girls Team(s) in Boys Classic League

Post by tpitty 5/24/2016, 10:48 am

What is the precedent for this? I understand how great it will be for the girls, but what is the boys benefit? Coach is great and the girls are great, just curious if this has been done before?

Dallas Kicks, partnered with D'Feeters SC, is excited to announce the D'Feeters Kicks 05 Selecao team that will be participating in the newly formed Jr Developmental League. This team will be coached by Kicks DOC Juan Martinez. Juan is also the soccer coach at Parish High School.
The team will focus on building technical, fundamentally sound players. Juan's focus as a coach, has always been confidence on the ball, vision, and challenging players in 1v1 situations. This style of play is evident in his 01 group. I would  encourage you to take a look at this team to see how this focus translates on the field.
Kicks SC provides players with the opportunity to challenge themselves by training and playing with boys, playing up, and playing in their age group along with younger players who are given that same opportunity. This is an experience that you will not find with other clubs.
Don't be surprised to see this team entered into the Boys Classic League this season

Last edited by tpitty on 5/24/2016, 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I am partially illiterate.)
tpitty
tpitty
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Girls Team(s) in Boys Classic League Empty Re: Girls Team(s) in Boys Classic League

Post by bigtex75081 5/24/2016, 12:20 pm

SRSA '03 was a team that was one of the tops in the nation. They were the upper echelon. I don't know their current status but, in their academy years, they were just exceptional. They regularly beat boys’ teams. I could have envisioned them playing in a Classic Boys league but they didn't. They went into the girls’ QT. That team was phenomenal and a true pleasure to watch.

Is this team at the same level of what SRSA '03 was? If so, I could understand it. If not, I don’t see the same level of value added.

As for the boys’ teams they compete against, I don't really see a huge benefit other than to learn the hard lesson that they need to always take all competition seriously. (SRSA '03 taught some boys teams that lesson.)
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Girls Team(s) in Boys Classic League Empty Re: Girls Team(s) in Boys Classic League

Post by finish1 5/24/2016, 12:53 pm

Sounds to me like another douchebag coach preying on the egos of overachieving parents.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by OP05 5/24/2016, 1:07 pm

I won't comment on the merits of the strategy, but those girls are very talented and have a long history of playing boys, whether in futsal, at the PIT, in primetime leagues, or in UAL platinum last season.

They are athletic and play good soccer. They can push the better boys teams, although they usually fall short against the top teams in the age group, (e.g., the top FCD, Solar, and Texans teams). That was certainly the case in UAL platinum.

But, IMHO, they could definitely Qualify D1 and would probably make some noise once they got in. They wouldn't threaten the top 5 boys teams often, if at all. But they would probably win some games and might be able to stay up in D1. At least until the physical development gaps kick in a little more.

OP05
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 5/24/2016, 1:27 pm

If they can be viable in D1 (or D2) then I think their presence is justified. Ultimately it's up to the boys that they're playing against to prove whether that team should or shouldn't be there.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 5/24/2016, 2:08 pm

Some top girls teams like SRSA have shown they can hold their own against the boys at this age but what is the point. More of a coaches gimmick than anything. Instead of playing boys, just play up a year if more of a challenge is needed for a SUPER team.

It does nothing for the boys. They behave differently when they play girls. They just do.

I don't know if Lake Highlands prohibits playing up the first year on the girls side or not. If not allowed to play up a year it makes even less sense that they be allowed to play in boys Classic instead.

davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 5/24/2016, 2:23 pm

davito wrote:Some top girls teams like SRSA have shown they can hold their own against the boys at this age but what is the point. More of a coaches gimmick than anything. Instead of playing boys, just play up a year if more of a challenge is needed for a SUPER team.

It does nothing for the boys. They behave differently when they play girls. They just do.

I don't know if Lake Highlands prohibits playing up the first year on the girls side or not. If not allowed to play up a year it makes even less sense that they be allowed to play in boys Classic instead.
I do agree that boys behave differently when they play girls. My son openly complains when he's matched up against them.

I always hated it too because I grew up with sisters. If I ever did anything to hurt them my dad would have killed me. That restraint that was drilled into me by my father carried over to playing soccer against girls. I was always terrified that I'd hurt them and get into huge trouble.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 5/24/2016, 2:50 pm

FCD U15 Academy scrimmaged USWNT earlier this year. That must have been an interesting experience. Who wants to be the teenage boy that injured Alex Morgan or Carli Lloyd......
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenal1984 5/24/2016, 3:01 pm

davito wrote:FCD U15 Academy scrimmaged USWNT earlier this year. That must have been an interesting experience. Who wants to be the teenage boy that injured Alex Morgan or Carli Lloyd......

..... I bet there was a lot of "close" marking on the Corners .... the Boys revolted against Zonal Marking with the USWNT haha!!!
Arsenal1984
Arsenal1984
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 5/24/2016, 4:07 pm

Yeah what 15 year old boy is going to pass up on chance to go "man to man" with Alex Morgan on a corner. bounce
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sho'Nuff 5/24/2016, 5:27 pm

When I inquired about this, I received yes/no responses and could tell this was frowned upon.  I was told an entire Girls team can't play in Classic League, only individual players. I guess that changed.

https://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=50263&GroupID=498100&Gender=Boys&Age=10

Last edited by Sho'Nuff on 5/24/2016, 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sho'Nuff
Sho'Nuff
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 5/24/2016, 5:30 pm

finish1 wrote:Sounds to me like another douchebag coach preying on the egos of overachieving parents.

So you are saying they would blend into CL seamlessly?
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 5/24/2016, 8:49 pm

I see what you did there Razz
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down