Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

City Futsal programs..thoughts? Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

City Futsal programs..thoughts?

+3
earbucket
layinlow
hpointspi
7 posters

Go down

City Futsal programs..thoughts? Empty City Futsal programs..thoughts?

Post by hpointspi 5/24/2016, 12:48 pm

Looking into the City Futsal programs for my BBs and want to see what everyone's experience is with this. Love it? Like it? Hate it? Worth it? Is it good as an added supplement to their current select/Academy team? Would it be good to replace with select play? Coach to player ratio? Thanks in advance.

hpointspi
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

City Futsal programs..thoughts? Empty Re: City Futsal programs..thoughts?

Post by layinlow 5/24/2016, 1:07 pm

I personally think it's a good supplement but that's about it. Most people go in there and see the good players and get excited about taking their kids there. What they don't realize is that most of those players were good before they ever started at CF. I know a few of the boys and I always hear coaches and parents talking about how good they are and they want their kids to train there so they can play like those boys. Maybe CF is good but the boys were good long before. And as for it being the only thing, no way. I've seen it recently. Your BBs have to get touches on a normal soccer ball or their touch gets off. A good touch on a heavy futsal ball is not hard because it doesn't have as much bounce to it. If they only use that ball and then go to the outdoor ball then you'll see their touch is off. I've seen it with my owns eyes with a boy that I consider one of the most talented in the area. Saying that, the kids love the coaches and they do seem to inspire them which can be part of the equation.

layinlow
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket 5/24/2016, 3:27 pm

Replacement, No unless you want your kid to try and make the new Professional Futsal League.  Supplement, Yes.  My kid enjoyed the futsal camps and has improved a lot as a futsal player.  And has improved as an outside player.  How much was due to futsal? IDK, but the more touches under pressure the better.  

It must be parental bias, but I haven't seen a drop off in touch from my son when he plays soccer.

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by layinlow 5/24/2016, 3:37 pm

earbucket wrote:Replacement, No unless you want your kid to try and make the new Professional Futsal League.  Supplement, Yes.  My kid enjoyed the futsal camps and has improved a lot as a futsal player.  And has improved as an outside player.  How much was due to futsal? IDK, but the more touches under pressure the better.  

It must be parental bias, but I haven't seen a drop off in touch from my son when he plays soccer.

I apologize because it wasn't super clear what I said. When I said the touch fell off I was meaning from just training Futsal. I agree that as a supplement and touches on the ball it can be nothing but a good thing.

layinlow
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 5/24/2016, 9:40 pm

My son did quite a lot of skills at City Futsal around U11-12. The coaches were great. Lots of energy and enthusiasm. Loads of touches and working both feet. Games are great for emphasis on playing in tight spaces and quick thinking, playing with head up.

I would agree that the touch is slightly different with the heavy ball and more use of the bottom of the foot. But I definitely think it was good for developing aspects of my son's outdoor game. Although he had plenty of fun and success with Futsal he did not enjoy it half as much as outdoor soccer. He just prefers the bigger game and is not so keen on the lead weight ball.

Definitely a great supplement for outdoor players. Whether it is a replacement for Select outdoor will depend on the preferences of the player. But I would say by age 13 or 14 the outdoor player needs to be spending a fair amount of time playing outdoors on the big field.
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sho'Nuff 5/26/2016, 8:07 am

layinlow wrote:Most people go in there and see the good players and get excited about taking their kids there.

I agree with this, but the same can be said about most programs. A lot of the top players have trained all over town.
Sho'Nuff
Sho'Nuff
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasFutbol 5/26/2016, 10:10 am

Also agree with previous posts. Good players at CF were for the most part, good before they got there. It is a solid fundamental/supplemental training program based on a Dutch/American style of Futsal. Basic skills taught, although not not the advanced stuff you see in Spain or Brasil . Other programs to look at for good skills development are www.coervertexas.com (up to age 11). For players over 11yrs Peter Luccin Academy in Plano, http://www.performanceindoortraining.com/luccinacademy/

TexasFutbol
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by layinlow 5/26/2016, 10:22 am

I agree on the Coerver training. IMO it's the best training you can get for just 1 day a week. All you have to do is look at Japan and their technical skills. Proof is in the pudding on that one.

I have no clue on Luccin's training but the cost is very high. There are clubs out there that offer training everyday of the week and for just normal club dues. I would say look around.

layinlow
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 04Soccerdad 5/26/2016, 10:42 am

I can share our experience with CF. We only went to the one in Richardson. First time we went, there were two guys running the session. My son is an '06 and grouped with the older kids. The coach with them was awesome. He taught them a technique and then ran drills to emphasize that. My son got a LOT of touches on the ball. When we were done, he loved it and wanted to come back.

I bought a package and every visit after that, the coach we first had was not helping out. We got the other guy which basically ran one on one drills. He didn't teach any kind of technique. It was up to the child how to beat the other player. Still a lot of touches but nothing I saw was related to Futsol except for the ball.

My son still enjoyed it but I don't think he got as much training as he did on the first visit. If every visit was like our first one, we would still be going.

04Soccerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasFutbol 5/26/2016, 1:45 pm

Agree that Luccin's training is pricey, but they actually fit the intensity of 2 training sessions into 1 session. My kid comes out "burnt" ready to collapse when he goes..All trainers are ex pros too.

TexasFutbol
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down