Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

96B CL TEAMS  Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

96B CL TEAMS

+16
rowdy39tx
starbuck
FlatBack4
centermiddad
soccerdad1
Libbydee
Crochet
soccerrus2
Stillkickin
quickkick
soccermom040
DirtyDave20
ntxsoccerchat
cornerkick96
Kaivermor
CH1
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

96B CL TEAMS  Empty 96B CL TEAMS

Post by CH1 7/16/2010, 4:58 pm

Who is where....and Who is Who?
CH1
CH1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

96B CL TEAMS  Empty Re: 96B CL TEAMS

Post by Kaivermor 7/19/2010, 2:53 pm

This is my understanding...
D1
1: SOLAR SC 96B (SMITH) (PL)
Bitmap

2: FC DALLAS YOUTH 96B (RHINE) (PL)
Bitmap

3: ANDROMEDA 96B RED (BAZAN) (PL)
Bitmap

4: DALLAS TEXANS SC 96B RED (LEITE) (PL)
Bitmap

5: DFW TEJANOS 96B PREMIER (MOLANO)
Bitmap

6: SOLAR SC 96B RED (MARIC)
Bitmap

7: TEXAS TITANS FC 96B (MOLINA)
Bitmap

8: DALLAS TEXANS SC 96B RED SOUTH (ADAMES)
Bitmap Bitmap

1: TFC 96B (WELLS)
Bitmap

2: ANDROMEDA 96B (MOLOMO)
Bitmap

D2
Bitmap Bitmap Bitmap Bitmap Bitmap Bitmap Bitmap Bitmap Bitmap Bitmap

10: DALLAS TEXANS SC 96B WHITE (HODDER)
Bitmap Bitmap

3: DALLAS TEXANS SC 96B RED NORTH (SHAMU)
Bitmap

3: TEXAS LONGHORNS SC 96B ORANGE CENTRAL (ASENIME)
Bitmap

4: DFW TORNADOS 96B WHITE (SCHINDLER)
Bitmap

5: FC DALLAS YOUTH 96B RED WEST (CHE)
Bitmap

6: COMETS 96B BLUE (BERTL)
Bitmap

7: NORTH TEXAS STRIKERS 96B (LOPEZ)
Bitmap

8: CLUB_CLASSIC 96B WEST (GONZALEZ)
Bitmap

1: ODYSSEY 96B (GALLAGHER)
Bitmap

2: FORT WORTH UNITED 96B GOLD (SANCHEZ)
Bitmap

D3
Bitmap

9: TEXAS LIGHTNING 96B BLACK (PICKARD)
Bitmap Bitmap

10: FC DALLAS YOUTH 96B BLUE (BRADLEY)
Bitmap Bitmap Bitmap

4: KICKS FC 96B (CASTANEDA)
Bitmap

5: EAST TEXAS SPIRIT 96B (HASKINS)
Bitmap

6: ANDROMEDA 96B NAVY (MCLEMORE)
Bitmap

7: JACKSONVILLE FLASH 96B (TRAVIS)
Bitmap

8: ASG FUTBOL 96B GOLD CENTRAL (ADJUKOVICH)
Bitmap Bitmap Bitmap Bitmap

1: INTER MILAN (TXN)
Bitmap

2: HIGH PLAINS DRIFTERS 96 BOYS (TXN)
Bitmap

3: SELECT FORCE FC 96 (TXN)
Kaivermor
Kaivermor
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaivermor 7/19/2010, 2:54 pm

Wow. Whoops. That didn't post well.
Kaivermor
Kaivermor
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cornerkick96 7/19/2010, 6:23 pm

Some other thread indicated that Texans are going to fill D3 bye slot with team made of Texas Stampede core plus some add-ons. Can't see the Texans letting a CL slot go so I imagine Select Force is out of luck.
cornerkick96
cornerkick96
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ntxsoccerchat 7/19/2010, 10:51 pm

cornerkick96 wrote:Some other thread indicated that Texans are going to fill D3 bye slot with team made of Texas Stampede core plus some add-ons. Can't see the Texans letting a CL slot go so I imagine Select Force is out of luck.

Was thinking the exact same thing.

ntxsoccerchat
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DirtyDave20 7/20/2010, 9:03 am

cornerkick96 wrote:Some other thread indicated that Texans are going to fill D3 bye slot with team made of Texas Stampede core plus some add-ons. Can't see the Texans letting a CL slot go so I imagine Select Force is out of luck.
I do not think that is going to happen since some of the core Stampede players are now on Club Classic West roster.
DirtyDave20
DirtyDave20
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom040 7/21/2010, 8:03 pm

Texas Stampede did not go Texans. The coach was told they were getting D2 by the higher ups but when the DOC got involved, things went wrong. The DOC made a business decision and not a smart soccer decision... he didn't want to upset the D3 parents even though the new Texans team would've been more competitive in D2. TXS coach took 5-6 of his players to CCW, 3-4 of the players went to D1 teams.
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by quickkick 7/21/2010, 8:27 pm

But isn't this the same Stampede who couldn't keep thier bye in D-3 for last year...I thought they had to challenge and didn't do very well and were sent back to Plano. Not that familiar with Plano Premier but do not remember them being in the top 2 or 3 teams this past year to challenge back in to Classic? Maybe it had more to do with that than anything else...
With all the movement amoungst the top 4 teams in D-1 and then even those below, I am sure none of these teams are the same ones we saw last year, on any level(D1,2,3). Past experience with our older bb had lots and lots of movement the year academy kicked in. Meaning, not sure a DOC would care one way or the other since any bb/parent can move up, down, or even sideways come June.

quickkick
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom040 7/22/2010, 9:08 am

If the whole TXS team was coming over, then you're right, the new team should have been in D3. But from what I heard, the new team would have been a combo of the TXS core and other players that were already playing D1 & D2. The new team (TXS core & friends) won a June tourney against a good D2 team. Don't think Shamu's team has ever accomplished something like that, but I could be wrong. So again, IMO, it was business not soccer that drove this bus into the ditch.
So with all that being said, I'm sure Texans will fill the D3 spot with their APL team and Select Force will have to hope for something else. Doesn't CL post a list of teams accepted to the league?
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Stillkickin 7/22/2010, 10:44 am

soccermom040 wrote:If the whole TXS team was coming over, then you're right, the new team should have been in D3. But from what I heard, the new team would have been a combo of the TXS core and other players that were already playing D1 & D2. The new team (TXS core & friends) won a June tourney against a good D2 team. Don't think Shamu's team has ever accomplished something like that, but I could be wrong. So again, IMO, it was business not soccer that drove this bus into the ditch.
So with all that being said, I'm sure Texans will fill the D3 spot with their APL team and Select Force will have to hope for something else. Doesn't CL post a list of teams accepted to the league?

Shamu's team finished tied for second in D3 last year but didn't move up to D2 because of the tie breaker rules (and the fact that they didn't run up the score into double digits against some of the less challenging teams). They beat the team they tied with in the standings both times that they met during league play with a combined 5 goals for and 2 goals against. I would say they earned a chance to compete in D2 based on their league results last season. As for winning a June tournament? Congratulations on your win, but with all due respect, when you take into account guest players, kids missing because of vacations etc it certainly is not an indicator of how the teams would do in league play.
Stillkickin
Stillkickin
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by quickkick 7/22/2010, 11:32 am

Stillkickin wrote:
soccermom040 wrote:If the whole TXS team was coming over, then you're right, the new team should have been in D3. But from what I heard, the new team would have been a combo of the TXS core and other players that were already playing D1 & D2. The new team (TXS core & friends) won a June tourney against a good D2 team. Don't think Shamu's team has ever accomplished something like that, but I could be wrong. So again, IMO, it was business not soccer that drove this bus into the ditch.

Shamu's team finished tied for second in D3 last year but didn't move up to D2 because of the tie breaker rules (and the fact that they didn't run up the score into double digits against some of the less challenging teams). They beat the team they tied with in the standings both times that they met during league play with a combined 5 goals for and 2 goals against. I would say they earned a chance to compete in D2 based on their league results last season. As for winning a June tournament? Congratulations on your win, but with all due respect, when you take into account guest players, kids missing because of vacations etc it certainly is not an indicator of how the teams would do in league play.
Sure Classic League does but chances are you won't see it till they start scheduling. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. Gotsoccer.rankings shows the Dallas Texans West Texas Team with new roster in place(Stampede 96 appears to be no longer as Marge indicated) which would seem to show that if they(Txns WTX) were offered D-3 bye and wanted it, they will probably be there. After all, club soccer is a business.
Don't want to kick dirt on anyone, but winning one tournament against a good D-2 team doesn't mean said team would have been a better choice for then playing in a D-2 bye. Have seen too many games where on any given day or tournament for that matter, you don't occassionally have a surprise for the winner.
As far as the new Txns White 96(Dallas Txns Red North 96) if they are like every other team, they more than likely picked up some good recruits from all levels. And yes, it does appear they did well in D-3. If I were a betting man, I wouldn't pass judgement on them just yet.

quickkick
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom040 7/22/2010, 3:30 pm

I'm sure Shamu's did fine in D3 b/c that's were they truly belong. It's no surprise that they'd do OK in D3. All I'm saying is why put a team in D2 that already had multiple shots to prove themselves and got bounced to D3 twice already. If the new team had CL proven players (D1 & 2) why not keep your word and give them the spot promised. I know why... b/c this is business and you can't upset the paying customer, which was Shamu's team.
I don't have a son on the blown up texans team but I have followed TXS for yrs now. Their core is D2 caliber, just like some of the other PPL teams. But you can't win and move up with 6-7 good players. All I can say is that the talent assembled in that meaningless June tourney would have competed for a top half finish in D2. And of course TXS had guest players, they were recruiting for the new Texans team. Texans missed out on a brand new team (revenue) that could've represented their club well in D2.
I'm sure those players will help CCW get out of the D2 dungeon.
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Stillkickin 7/22/2010, 4:49 pm

soccermom040 wrote:I'm sure Shamu's did fine in D3 b/c that's were they truly belong. It's no surprise that they'd do OK in D3. All I'm saying is why put a team in D2 that already had multiple shots to prove themselves and got bounced to D3 twice already. If the new team had CL proven players (D1 & 2) why not keep your word and give them the spot promised. I know why... b/c this is business and you can't upset the paying customer, which was Shamu's team.
I don't have a son on the blown up texans team but I have followed TXS for yrs now. Their core is D2 caliber, just like some of the other PPL teams. But you can't win and move up with 6-7 good players. All I can say is that the talent assembled in that meaningless June tourney would have competed for a top half finish in D2. And of course TXS had guest players, they were recruiting for the new Texans team. Texans missed out on a brand new team (revenue) that could've represented their club well in D2.
I'm sure those players will help CCW get out of the D2 dungeon.
So other than $$$, what would Texans have had to gain by taking a team that finished in the bottom half of PPL and giving them a D2 spot? They may, as you say, have 6-7 good players (the same could be said of most teams in just about any division), but where would the other 10 come from? Having a player guest with a team means very little as far as their intentions - until they sign on the dotted line there is no commitment... Last time I checked, D1 & D2 players didn't suddenly decide to move to a Plano team - just doesn't happen without a good reason. Perhaps they rarely saw the field and were looking for more play time, or maybe simpy weren't getting any offers in the upper divisions. You're absolutely right, for many of the big clubs it is a business, and as such they're going to put the team that they believe will be the most competitive in the higher division - why would they take an unecessary risk with an unproven team when they have a team that has proven that it can be competitive already? And just out of curiousity, what makes the Stampede team so special that they should be allowed to not only be exempt from challenging into Classic League, but also should be allowed to skip D3 altogether and go straight into D2? If they are really that good, maybe they should try and do it the old fashioned way and earn it!
Stillkickin
Stillkickin
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 7/22/2010, 8:51 pm

I don't know anything about these specific teams, but the classic league in u15 and above is being severly diluted by allowing clubs to control the bye.

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by quickkick 7/22/2010, 9:24 pm

Wow. Like a moth attracted to an open flame, I cannot help but reply.
Trying to wrap my head around two things:
DT are D-3 to D-2 to D-3 to D-2. TXStampede are Plano to D-3 to Plano to really want to be in D-2 by taking new team to club. Team belonging to club has better record overall. Team outside of club who want to come over, play a tournament together and do well.
Team with club demands bye to D-2 be given to them(allegedly). Or...or what? The parents take their bb and leave at the end of the season! Oh wait, I think that happens anyway.. They have the choice to leave and many, many do once June, July rolls around. That is why it is a contract. It is for a specific amount of time. Most clubs also clearly detail in a contract that coach, practice facilities, etc can change at their discretion. Doesn't matter if parents like it or not.
Does this also imply that these same D-3 parents had something to do with the consolidation of Red West and White? That the purpose of eliminating one of these teams would then open up a spot for them in D-2? Would indicate quite a bit of cunning on the part of these particular parents. Would love to know how to bottle and sell that. I don't think it happens. Sorry, but I am not buying it.
And, with Stampede no longer intact, we will never know if this was urban legend, mythical creature, or the real deal. I will say however, many fine players do appear out of nowhere. I do agree that Plano and Arlington both probably have a fair amount. Hell, I have even seen a rec player who never played club, join a club team his senior year(middle of the road club team in CL, and not D-1),be recruited by college coaches, and is now playing in college.
Let's see what Club Classic looks like when league play begins. Sounds like they could be the team to watch this year in D-2.

quickkick
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by cornerkick96 7/22/2010, 10:27 pm

This is great - kind of like a soccer soap opera unfolding...good stuff for this time of year. Can't wait to watch the Texans White / CCW game next fall!

Questions to help fill in the blanks:
- Since Stampede Plus decided to go to CCW and play in D2 instead of taking offered D3 bye for Texans, what team is getting Texans D3 bye?
-DTW and DTRW have combined into new & improved DTRW. Where did players go who are no longer with either team? Are some playing with the "new" DTW or is this team essentially DTRN from last season?

Thanks, and have a happy Summer
cornerkick96
cornerkick96
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by quickkick 7/22/2010, 10:57 pm

cornerkick96 wrote:This is great - kind of like a soccer soap opera unfolding...good stuff for this time of year. Can't wait to watch the Texans White / CCW game next fall!

Questions to help fill in the blanks:
- Since Stampede Plus decided to go to CCW and play in D2 instead of taking offered D3 bye for Texans, what team is getting Texans D3 bye?
-DTW and DTRW have combined into new & improved DTRW. Where did players go who are no longer with either team? Are some playing with the "new" DTW or is this team essentially DTRN from last season?

Thanks, and have a happy Summer
Keep up with us here Cornerkick.
1. Dallas Texans West Texas more than likely will take the D-3 bye. Yep, there is a Dallas Texans West Texas team.
2. Hodder probably held on to most of his original team. As far as players who either elected to leave or decision was made for them, who knows. Heard a player or two from DTW may have gone to TFC, but don't know for sure. Am under the impression Tejanos picked up a DTRW player or 2 I believe. Appears the "new" DTW picked up players from DTRW as well.
As far as game to watch, I suspect D-1 all way around will be much more entertaining than anything D-2 could offer.

quickkick
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom040 7/23/2010, 12:53 am

TXS was not going to take the PPL roster to D2. And yes, the other 6 players were from D1 & D2 teams, which would make any team 6 times better. The end of the bench may have been weak but name me a D2 team that is not in the same boat.
The reason the TXS coach was able to pull that kind of talent and get commitments was b/c he doesn't charge a coaching fee. Hence, the club fee would've been much less than any other big club team in CL. Lower price, big club name, good coach... I think they would've been fine in D2.
Not all TXS players and recruits went to CCW. There were 4 that went D1, Andro, Tejanos, Texans 95. The TXS group tried to get a special team together but politics and business got in the way. So the TXS coach gave up a coaching gig with one of the best clubs in the country to watch his players go D2. Not sure what CCW will look like now. Will the TXS players help out; I think they could. It also depends on what was left from last yrs CCW team and what the coach does with it.
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Crochet 7/23/2010, 9:12 am

soccermom040 wrote:TXS was not going to take the PPL roster to D2. And yes, the other 6 players were from D1 & D2 teams, which would make any team 6 times better. The end of the bench may have been weak but name me a D2 team that is not in the same boat.
The reason the TXS coach was able to pull that kind of talent and get commitments was b/c he doesn't charge a coaching fee. Hence, the club fee would've been much less than any other big club team in CL. Lower price, big club name, good coach... I think they would've been fine in D2.
Not all TXS players and recruits went to CCW. There were 4 that went D1, Andro, Tejanos, Texans 95. The TXS group tried to get a special team together but politics and business got in the way. So the TXS coach gave up a coaching gig with one of the best clubs in the country to watch his players go D2. Not sure what CCW will look like now. Will the TXS players help out; I think they could. It also depends on what was left from last yrs CCW team and what the coach does with it.
In all candor, this was not going to be a "special team". A group of rec-plus players from the Stampede and 6 cast-offs from D1 & D2 teams is nothing special. Yes, I said it--Plano and Arlington are rec-plus leagues. And, yes, I called your 6 new ones cast-offs. How many quality starting players leave their D1 teams? They dont. This same group of subs move around from team to team each year--with the parents always blaming the coaches and other parents on the team for their child's woes. Similarly, the starting D2 players who leave dont leave to join a lower team trying to move up, they instead move to D1 teams. So the D2's you were getting were likely cast-off subs much like the D1's.
Like it or not, 'dem are the facts, ma'm.
Club made the right move--gave the spot to an existing team that has competed well in Classic League since inception. No politics or business involved. Just the fair thing to do.
PS--one good new player does not make a team 1x better; let alone six new players making a team 6x better--particularly when they are only cast-offs. Might actually make the team 2x worse.
Crochet
Crochet
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom040 7/23/2010, 1:57 pm

Did you see the team play? If not; then you need to have a coke and smile and... you know the rest. Your assumptions of the D1 & D2 players that were going to join the team just proves that you don't know how to put 2 & 3 together. Pay less + same level of compeition = commitment. So when the bottom feel thru, some of the players went D1. That doesn't sound like cast offs to me. Also, the coach is good. Not many guys can take the soccer version of the bad news bears and get them thru PPL and into D3. And that's w/o recruiting power. Every yr they struggled to attract players b/c the thought of playing for an independent is blasphemy.
So you think b/c a kid doesn't play in CL, that he's no good? You have to leave your suburban bubble to find soccer talent. Check out the hispanic Ft. Worth leagues, lots of kids out there that can't play in CL b/c of the money. Are those kids outcast? But since soccer is an elitest sport here, I guess you would consider anyone not clearing 50K an outcast. Your douchery is not surprising and unfortunately, shared by too many here.
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Crochet 7/23/2010, 3:40 pm

soccermom040 wrote:Did you see the team play? If not; then you need to have a coke and smile and... you know the rest. Your assumptions of the D1 & D2 players that were going to join the team just proves that you don't know how to put 2 & 3 together. Pay less + same level of compeition = commitment. So when the bottom feel thru, some of the players went D1. That doesn't sound like cast offs to me. Also, the coach is good. Not many guys can take the soccer version of the bad news bears and get them thru PPL and into D3. And that's w/o recruiting power. Every yr they struggled to attract players b/c the thought of playing for an independent is blasphemy.
So you think b/c a kid doesn't play in CL, that he's no good? You have to leave your suburban bubble to find soccer talent. Check out the hispanic Ft. Worth leagues, lots of kids out there that can't play in CL b/c of the money. Are those kids outcast? But since soccer is an elitest sport here, I guess you would consider anyone not clearing 50K an outcast. Your douchery is not surprising and unfortunately, shared by too many here.
Douchery? Wow. Are we 8 year olds?
As to the substance of your email, yes, I have seen them play--indeed rec-plus. (regardless of who is coaching, ability to recruit, independent team, parent income, etc.).
Admit it. You're simply jealous that your child never made it to the big show--Classic League D1. But that's ok, every daisy picker deserves an opportunity to play somewhere.
Crochet
Crochet
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Libbydee 7/23/2010, 4:30 pm

Douchery.....heh, heh...I like that one.

Wow, glad I was looking to kill an hour on a Friday and decided to get on here for the first time in about 6 months. Now this is entertainment!

I'm really not sure what all is going on with the Texans soap opera but I'm sure we'll see about half of the teams mentioned in this thread in scrimmages over the next month. I'll give you all a report.

This thread seems to have turned into a dung flinging fest and or a State of the union for D2 & D3. Don't know much about D3 but I will make one comment on D2. If DFW Tornadoes White and Longhorns stayed intact, they will be at the top of that division when all is said and done hands down. Shindler had that group playing very solid at the end of the spring session and in fact they were the only D2 team to go unbeaten in the second half. Longhorns are a scrappy, in your face group that simply need to learn how to finish. I'll see them tomorrow. I'll give you all a report.

This thread has been a blast to read before....or actully while I enjoy a Dos Equis and the only other thing I have to add to it is that there is an absolute ton of talent in the PPL D1 and D2. I've seen what the DFW Tejanos picked up because I was trying to pick one of them up. We picked up a couple of other PPL players. These kids can flat out play...PERIOD. The supporting casts (or daisy pickers if you choose to be so harsh) on their previous teams may have "watered" them down and fooled others but once slotted with players their own caliber, they flouish. This might not be apparent on their first "Open Practice" session but by the the second time out, they adjust to the speed and quickness of play and POW!....somebody that was all warm and fuzzy on that D1 roster is looking for a new home.

Now...carry on with the dung flinging...this is fun! 96B CL TEAMS  Icon_biggrin

Stay thirsty my friends!
Libbydee
Libbydee
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom040 7/26/2010, 3:34 pm

You haven't seen any of these kids play, unless you were part of the tourney they won... which means you lost to a rec-plus team! I plan on submitting to Webster the word "douchery" and a pic of you bending over during signing. You should come out to the hood with your "big show" players and see how they do. Wait... they did come out during Copa ESPN. I was there when a group of 97's from the hood schooled a D1 '97 FC Dallas team and beat a bunch of CL 15-16 yr olds in the final. As for my family and the "big show", been there and still doin' that.
So getting back to the topic at hand...
D1 will even out this yr. Anyone know if the 96 boys that were playing up with FCD 95 are going adademy or dropping down to their own age? If those boys stay in CL, FCD will be the favorite.
D2 -DFW TOR should be the front runner as long as they didn't lose any players. ODY should be OK coming in; they seem to pick a player or 2 every yr. Heard lots of rumors about FWUG losing players, guest player chaos, parents pissed off.
D3 rec plus-plus - With all the migration, this division is tough to pick.
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad1 7/26/2010, 4:17 pm

From what I hear-the Tornado's stayed intact and picked up a couple of quality players. I would have to agree that they are the favorites going in to the season. Maybe they will have some luck and stay healthy this year.
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CH1 7/26/2010, 5:00 pm

D-1 ....Solar v. FCD v. Texans v. Andro.....and big ? is did Tejanos pick up enough to gain any ground on these?
D-2 DTW-DFW-FCD..should be front runners -Longhorns will be in the mix also.....rest not sure...
D-3 will be interesting since they should be more evenly matched....
CH1
CH1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next