Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

#1 SEEDS FALLING LIKE TREES!!! Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

#1 SEEDS FALLING LIKE TREES!!!

+13
goal44
SoccerDaddio
Seinfeld4
Soccer10Dad
HupHolland
winkipop77
ice7781
Chelsea East
allen04
FTFCsoccer23
thetruthhurts
nearpost95
alv3119
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

#1 SEEDS FALLING LIKE TREES!!! Empty #1 SEEDS FALLING LIKE TREES!!!

Post by Gameday 04 8/7/2016, 10:59 am

Why are the Round 2 number 1 seeds falling like trees?

So far this weekend (3) of the number 1 seeds suffered a loss;
(Scores are not official as they have not been posted yet. (G.O.S.)

Chelsea East 2 - 3 Colleyville Evolution
What a response after a one sided affair in Round 1 when Chelsea East won 7 - 0, yes 7 - 0. How do you flip the scoreboard from 7 - 0 to 2 - 3? Is it good coaching, or was it bad coaching on the other side? Did they not realize that these scores count?

FCD Kang 0 - 1 Crush
It was a fluke-y goal but it still counts! Both teams sparred jabs and that's how we ended up. So now- it gets a little tricky.
With the win Crush earns 6 points plus the 1 bonus for the goal = 7 points. Crush finishes with 8 points after two games played, which is a tie with Barcelona who also sits at 8 points after one game. The 11:30 FCD Kang vs Barcelona will decide which 2 teams advance. Here are some scenarios-
FCD Kang advances with a big win by 3 goals to earn the top spot with 9 points (Crush advances on goal differential of only -1, Barza -2)
FCD Kang advances with a small win then there could be a three way tie at 8 points, it could come down to goal differential and maybe even the second tie breaker of max goals scored for. There are a lot of scenarios here so this should be fun!
(Why did FCD Kang allow for two games on Sunday?

Texas Xtreme 1 - 2 Falls Town FC
Falls Town muscled out a tough win and bottling up the Xtreme offense. Did they do their scouting, did they move the pieces? Xtreme never looked settled from front to back missing their share of finishing opportunities.
This bracket will not be decided until Monday night when Falls Town faces a DI Stars. Xtreme has qualified with their 1 point earned today totalling up 11 points.

Rayos 4 - 3 Solar Chelsea
Whew.

Last edited by Gameday 04 on 8/7/2016, 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gameday 04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

#1 SEEDS FALLING LIKE TREES!!! Empty Re: #1 SEEDS FALLING LIKE TREES!!!

Post by alv3119 8/7/2016, 1:01 pm

Could you describe the "flukey goal" for Crush? It would take something unusual to knock Kang off. Also as a result Crush gets in and Barco goes home

alv3119
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nearpost95 8/7/2016, 2:03 pm

Gameday 04 wrote:
With the win Crush earns 6 points plus the 1 bonus for the goal = 7 points. Crush finishes with 8 points after two games played, which is a tie with Barcelona who also sits at 8 points after one game.

You forgot the 1 point for the shutout. Crush has 9 points after 2 games

nearpost95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by itsamoneygrab 8/7/2016, 2:24 pm

are guest players allowed in this tournament?

itsamoneygrab
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gameday 04 8/7/2016, 2:49 pm

Thanks nearpost 95.
I knew I was missing something.

Gameday 04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gameday 04 8/7/2016, 3:14 pm

Hi alv3119,
That "flukey goal" went off the side of the shooters foot, bounced at the top of the six yard box and floated past the goalie. If the goalie takes one step forward he catches it easily.
Anyways, the late games just posted FCD Kang 4-0 Barza, so Crush and FCD Kang are in.

Gameday 04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by alv3119 8/7/2016, 7:53 pm

Thanks for the info.  Not connected to the team but feel bad for Barco.  Beat a team that gets in and still doesn't make, all due to a flukey goal

Last edited by alv3119 on 8/7/2016, 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

alv3119
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CrushFCTx 8/8/2016, 8:25 am

I honestly laughed all weekend over these posts.. Do not take anything away from 11-12 yr old soccer. Its not a fluke they have only scored 1 goal against us in 3 games. Its not a fluke when you play a ball over the top and volley it in to win 1-0. They had chances.. and we had others as well. The boys of Crush beat the team that all of YOU praised. They are a heck of a team and Kang is doing a fantastic job with them and I am so happy they did what it took to get in. Congrats to them.

But hey thanks for the motivation. Our patch is going to look so nice on Orange and Black

CrushFCTx
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer10Dad 8/8/2016, 8:43 am

CrushFCTx wrote:I honestly laughed all weekend over these posts.. Do not take anything away from 11-12 yr old soccer. Its not a fluke they have only scored 1 goal against us in 3 games. Its not a fluke when you play a ball over the top and volley it in to win 1-0. They had chances.. and we had others as well. The boys of Crush beat the team that all of YOU praised. They are a heck of a team and Kang is doing a fantastic job with them and I am so happy they did what it took to get in. Congrats to them.

But hey thanks for the motivation. Our patch is going to look so nice on Orange and Black

Don't let these "tools" impact your game. You're doing a great thing for these boys and congratulations on qualifying!

Soccer10Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CrushFCTx 8/8/2016, 9:02 am

Thank you Soccer10Dad.. you know we will!

CrushFCTx
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by thetruthhurts 8/8/2016, 9:13 am

Soccer10Dad wrote:
CrushFCTx wrote:I honestly laughed all weekend over these posts.. Do not take anything away from 11-12 yr old soccer. Its not a fluke they have only scored 1 goal against us in 3 games. Its not a fluke when you play a ball over the top and volley it in to win 1-0. They had chances.. and we had others as well. The boys of Crush beat the team that all of YOU praised. They are a heck of a team and Kang is doing a fantastic job with them and I am so happy they did what it took to get in. Congrats to them.

Don't let these "tools" impact your game.  You're doing a great thing for these boys and congratulations on qualifying!  

Yes, absolutely congratulations to Coach Smith and all of the players of Crush. I've been following this team for a couple of years now and I'm just glad to see that they made Classic.  They missed out on Classic last year because of a "flukey goal". A goal is a goal, and I think it's an incredible accomplishment making Classic against such competition.
thetruthhurts
thetruthhurts
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CrushFCTx 8/8/2016, 9:25 am

Thank you so much Truth. The boys and I Appreciate the support. They wanted this feeling for a year now. Im so thankful they lived up to our HYPE and proved the forum wrong. They deserve to feel proud of themselves.

CrushFCTx
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Gameday 04 8/8/2016, 9:32 am

I will go on record by saying that statistically, "flukey" goals count the same as "normal" goals.

Congratulations to all advancing teams and i can't wait to begin discussing which D3 teams are better than D2 and D1 teams.

Gameday 04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CrushFCTx 8/8/2016, 9:36 am

Gameday you keep hating on Crush .. Do not Jump on our band wagon when you do your research and see how we do in Gold Tournaments and not silver.

CrushFCTx
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by FTFCsoccer23 8/8/2016, 9:44 am

Crush you have no need to worry about naysayers... Your club is in classic league and beat one of the top teams. Don't let the gotsoccer junkies ruin your buzz. They look at results from a computer and base assumptions. Congratulations to you and your club. I hope we are able to see you lot in the classic league this fall!

FTFCsoccer23
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer10Dad 8/8/2016, 9:55 am

Think about the "type" of person who sits here and consumes their time making predictions or other commentary towards teams and coaches.

Soccer10Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CrushFCTx 8/8/2016, 9:56 am

FTFC you are 100% right. Thank you so much for the support and I cant wait to see you as well! come say hi!

CrushFCTx
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by allen04 8/8/2016, 9:56 am

i can't wait to begin discussing which D3 teams are better than D2 and D1 teams

Hopefully we get some good info from the Plano Labor Day tournament results coming up.
allen04
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/8/2016, 9:57 am

Last year both Crush and FCD Kang were two teams that were not in Classic, but knew that both teams could beat teams that were there. Congrats to both!

Back to top Go down

Post by Gameday 04 8/8/2016, 10:17 am

CrushFCTx wrote:Gameday you keep hating on Crush .. Do not Jump on our band wagon when you do your research and see how we do in Gold Tournaments and not silver.

That's fine CrushFCTx. Didn't know you needed the extra motivation but glad to oblige?
We'll have more opportunities in season to see if you can get another fluke against us?

Gameday 04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Chelsea East 8/8/2016, 10:24 am

Congrats to the the teams that are in and good luck to the ones that play today.
Chelsea East
Chelsea East
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ice7781 8/8/2016, 10:38 am

I am extremely happy for the kids at Crush and their coaches. They should have been in last year but due to tie breakers lost out to some FCD team/coach that we all wrote a lot about last summer. They pushed my D1 team to our limits a few weeks ago. PM me if you guys would like to scrimmage us to get ready for Classic. Congrats and glad you guys are in.

ice7781
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CrushFCTx 8/8/2016, 10:39 am

Gameday

5-1
4-0
1-0

do you know what those scores are... Every time we have played yall. Those are the results.. and they are all the same.. of CRUSH winning

CrushFCTx
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by thetruthhurts 8/8/2016, 11:38 am

Soccer10Dad wrote:Think about the "type" of person who sits here and consumes their time making predictions or other commentary towards teams and coaches.

Ouch!!   Sad

Laughing
thetruthhurts
thetruthhurts
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by goal44 8/9/2016, 10:45 pm

ussoccerfan wrote:Last year both Crush and FCD Kang were two teams that were not in Classic, but knew that both teams could beat teams that were there. Congrats to both!

Congratulations to Crush and Michael Smith on making Classic this year. The team and the coach deserved it. Last year, a "flukey goal" or questionable penalty in FCD Crispino vs Andromeda game shut Crush out from playing in Classic, the team lost the whole season in PPL, finished first and did not lose any games. I see great future for Crush, and it is ORANGE!!!

FCD Kang did not participate in classic qualifies last year, because their best player broke his leg, the coach did not risk it without his best player. Probably a smart choice, since the team's strategy last year was boot the ball to Forest, and run Forest, run!!! I have not seen the new team play, hopefully, they started to pass the ball, and not just kick it to the fastest player and hope for a breakaway. Good luck to both teams next season!
goal44
goal44
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next