Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

03 Boys - Fall SDL scores and highlights Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

03 Boys - Fall SDL scores and highlights

+7
springzephyr
GoalsGalore
chicharito
SoccerDad12
SoccerTron
striker6
Jogabonita
11 posters

Go down

03 Boys - Fall SDL scores and highlights Empty 03 Boys - Fall SDL scores and highlights

Post by Jogabonita 9/13/2010, 10:07 pm

cheers Any 03 Boys SDL scores or highlights from the past 2 weekends?

Jogabonita
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

03 Boys - Fall SDL scores and highlights Empty Re: 03 Boys - Fall SDL scores and highlights

Post by striker6 9/14/2010, 9:26 am

Jogabonita wrote: cheers Any 03 Boys SDL scores or highlights from the past 2 weekends?

I know TFC Castro and Solar Dynamo Tied 5-5

striker6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

03 Boys - Fall SDL scores and highlights Empty Re: 03 Boys - Fall SDL scores and highlights

Post by SoccerTron 9/14/2010, 11:42 am

9/12 games

Aces vs. Andromeda(Harju) 5-0

Aces vs. DT Academy(Adloo) 1-0

SoccerTron
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDad12 9/15/2010, 3:37 pm

8/29/10: Odyssey 03B-Gallagher vs. Crushers-Davis 9-1
9/12/10: Odyssey 03B-Gallagher vs. DT Academy-Densk 7-2

Something like that...

Cheers..
SoccerDad12
SoccerDad12
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDad12 9/20/2010, 2:31 pm

SoccerDad12 wrote:8/29/10: Odyssey 03B-Gallagher vs. Crushers-Davis 9-1

Something like that...

Cheers..

What a game yesterday (Sunday Sept 19, 2010) between Solar Dynamo 03B and Odyssey 03B. The kids played their hearts out. Odyssey edged the Solar team by one goal (5 - 4) when a last second cross was redirected into the back corner of the net for the game winner approximately 5 seconds before the ref whistled the game over.

Was a very well played, physical matchup. Odyssey scored 2 of their goals on free kicks following a penalties and one on a redirected (header) from a well placed corner kick. Solar Dynamo scored one goal on a free kick where the defender, attempting to clear, kicked it into his own goal. S.D. also scored on a miss played ball from the goal keep. If memory serves me well, nearly all the other goals were a result of some great play by skilled U8 players who can play beyond their years.

Congrats to the Odyssey and Dynamo '03B teams. Was a fantastic display of some young kids that can flat out play.
SoccerDad12
SoccerDad12
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by chicharito 9/22/2010, 10:38 am

SoccerDad12 wrote:
SoccerDad12 wrote:8/29/10: Odyssey 03B-Gallagher vs. Crushers-Davis 9-1

Something like that...

Cheers..

What a game yesterday (Sunday Sept 19, 2010) between Solar Dynamo 03B and Odyssey 03B. The kids played their hearts out. Odyssey edged the Solar team by one goal (5 - 4) when a last second cross was redirected into the back corner of the net for the game winner approximately 5 seconds before the ref whistled the game over.

Was a very well played, physical matchup. Odyssey scored 2 of their goals on free kicks following a penalties and one on a redirected (header) from a well placed corner kick. Solar Dynamo scored one goal on a free kick where the defender, attempting to clear, kicked it into his own goal. S.D. also scored on a miss played ball from the goal keep. If memory serves me well, nearly all the other goals were a result of some great play by skilled U8 players who can play beyond their years.

Congrats to the Odyssey and Dynamo '03B teams. Was a fantastic display of some young kids that can flat out play.

Great post! Any other scores?
chicharito
chicharito
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

03 Boys - Fall SDL scores and highlights Empty Odyssey/Solar Gold Game

Post by GoalsGalore 9/27/2010, 12:37 pm

This was another exciting game between two good teams that played extremely physical/skilled games. Not one goal came off of a restart, all were scored from the game being played. You gotta love when the referee doesn't have the chance to decide a game. The ref called a good game too. There were planty of fouls that were called both ways and some "play on" that was appropriate. The final was 6-4 Solar Gold, both both teams played very well and it was a fun game to watch. These two teams have a great group of parents and will be fun to watch grow up the next 2.5 years, before they go club.

GoalsGalore
GoalsGalore
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDad12 9/27/2010, 12:56 pm

GoalsGalore wrote:This was another exciting game between two good teams that played extremely physical/skilled games. Not one goal came off of a restart, all were scored from the game being played. You gotta love when the referee doesn't have the chance to decide a game. The ref called a good game too. There were planty of fouls that were called both ways and some "play on" that was appropriate. The final was 6-4 Solar Gold, both both teams played very well and it was a fun game to watch. These two teams have a great group of parents and will be fun to watch grow up the next 2.5 years, before they go club.

Great post and agree. This was a fun game to watch. The high wind played a factor. Of the 10 Goals scored, only 2 were in the North goal (into the wind). I thought having the wind was close to a man advantage to the team on O and D.

Odyssey started the game off by dropping the ball back at the kick off and the two defenders thought the other was going to make the play. Both froze and SMcK player made a heads up play by splitting them and pounding the ball into the net a mear 10 seconds into the game.

Another play of note was late in the second half when SMcK executed a very good corner kick. A perfect kick and a near perfect header execution that was ripped just high over the cross bar. The tall, brown headed, very athletic kid (No. 7 I think)made a play that you just don't see U8's make very often. Great vertical.

Odyssey did well to battle back to a 3 - 4 score after being down 0 - 4 in the first half. Again, what a difference the wind made.

Classy Coach, Parents, and Players. Great job by the ref. Thought he did well.

Last thing: Loved the new Uniforms for SMcK.. They looked great.

Cheers...

Last edited by SoccerDad12 on 9/28/2010, 12:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
SoccerDad12
SoccerDad12
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/27/2010, 12:59 pm

These 03 are simply head and shoulder above everything I had seen before. The numbers of competitive teams, the numbers of players that have a good understanding of the game is incredible. Plus we have quite a few little gems (a lot of coaches sons) that received good training since very young and are showing more skills than I had seen before.
Quality and Quantity, the 03s have both, it is a fantastic age group.

Back to top Go down

Post by springzephyr 9/30/2010, 2:20 pm

gababa wrote:These 03 are simply head and shoulder above everything I had seen before. The numbers of competitive teams, the numbers of players that have a good understanding of the game is incredible. Plus we have quite a few little gems (a lot of coaches sons) that received good training since very young and are showing more skills than I had seen before.
Quality and Quantity, the 03s have both, it is a fantastic age group.

I can't figure out if this is sarcasm or if you are being serious.

springzephyr
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/30/2010, 3:28 pm

No, no, plain serious. I don't have 20 years of background but I have a 99 , an 00 and an 03 and I feel (this is everything but scientific) that the 03 is an amazing age group...
springzephyr wrote:

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 9/30/2010, 3:50 pm

There are some players right behind them in the '04s that are impressive as well (skills, tactical understanding). Quality talent is getting younger every year in NTX....
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by merlin 9/30/2010, 3:57 pm

gababa wrote:No, no, plain serious. I don't have 20 years of background but I have a 99 , an 00 and an 03 and I feel (this is everything but scientific) that the 03 is an amazing age group...
springzephyr wrote:

gababa, although there was a lot of room for sarcasm, springzephyr could have simply gone back to some of your previous posts and figured out that you were being serious.

I share similar thoughts, but only to a certain degree. I have been close to each age group starting from the 98's to now the 04's and see some of the same thing you do. I'm especially impressed with the physical size of some these kids. They are definetely stronger and bigger (as a collective group) than any of the age groups I have been around.

Skills wise, I have seen this way too many times now to get sucked into it. The rest of the kids generally catch up to the above average skilled players by U11. Every parent with an above average kid on their team thinks they are the next Messi at this age. Only time (like it did with me) will temper those thoughts.

What may do this age group in is the over coaching. At this pace, we're going to end up with a bunch of robots with little to no creativity, which is what is wrong with US soccer. The demand of structured play by some of these coaches kills the ability of a kid to learn from their mistakes.

As far as sarcasm is concerned, just tap the breaks on the play by plays, ref analysis, wind factor theories, and declaration of great games and you'll be ok.

Enjoy watching your BB play and encourage him to continue to play the sport and don't get wrapped up on the rest of that stuff. If you do, what will you have to look for when your bb gets to U11?

merlin
merlin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/30/2010, 4:00 pm

Yes, I sure hope we are getting better with every year passing by. It is quite amazing to see how fast we are progressing. Frankly US (texas) is a fun place to play soccer because of the pace of the changes and I would go anywhere else; I just wish the club would stop sucking every penny from our pockets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/30/2010, 4:07 pm

You bet ! I can't agree more with those 2 points. Overcoaching is a big problem, but we simply don't have the soccer culture that can replace bringing the kids to their team practice. (I am saying that but all my boys play at school during recess, so soccer is here in the US, maybe more that we the parents realize based on what we may remember from our own childhood)
merlin wrote:

What may do this age group in is the over coaching. At this pace, we're going to end up with a bunch of robots with little to no creativity, which is what is wrong with US soccer. The demand of structured play by some of these coaches kills the ability of a kid to learn from their mistakes.

Enjoy watching your BB play and encourage him to continue to play the sport and don't get wrapped up on the rest of that stuff. If you do, what will you have to look for when your bb gets to U11?

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 10/1/2010, 9:10 am

The creativity arguement is one of those poop piles that get spread around once in a while. I don't really buy into the overcoaching philosophy or how structure kills creativity. For evidence, look no further than PPs 99 and 00 DT teams. Highly structured with enough creativity to win games. Creativity without strict discipline to shape is called "bunch ball."
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 10/4/2010, 9:53 am

Odyssey 3 Texans Gall 2.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by CincoB 10/4/2010, 11:05 am

Solar Dynamo 4 Juventus 1

CincoB
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

03 Boys - Fall SDL scores and highlights Empty Weekend Scores to post

Post by SoccerDad12 10/18/2010, 10:04 am

Friday October 15, 2010: Odyssey '03 vs. TFC 03B-Castro:This game turned out to be exactly what most were expecting. A very competitive match. Odyssey jumped out to an early 2 goal lead. TFC battled back to tie the game at 3 in the second half. Both teams had many highlights that featured some fantastic individual play. In the end, Odyssey won the game 5 - 4.

Sunday October 17, 2010: Odyssey '03 vs. Mustangs FC 03B-Zabala:
Odyssey won the game something like 7 - 2. The only thing memorable about this contest as I recall was the very athletic player for the Mustangs who was overly aggressive. The Ref warned him in the first half that the next penalty would result in a Yellow card which we rarely seen in this league. Fact is, the rough play continued for the entire game and no card was issue. Oh well. Luckily nobody got hurt though there were a couple scrapes and bruises.
SoccerDad12
SoccerDad12
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by chicharito 10/18/2010, 1:59 pm

SoccerDad12 wrote:Friday October 15, 2010: Odyssey '03 vs. TFC 03B-Castro:This game turned out to be exactly what most were expecting. A very competitive match. Odyssey jumped out to an early 2 goal lead. TFC battled back to tie the game at 3 in the second half. Both teams had many highlights that featured some fantastic individual play. In the end, Odyssey won the game 5 - 4.

Sunday October 17, 2010: Odyssey '03 vs. Mustangs FC 03B-Zabala:
Odyssey won the game something like 7 - 2. The only thing memorable about this contest as I recall was the very athletic player for the Mustangs who was overly aggressive. The Ref warned him in the first half that the next penalty would result in a Yellow card which we rarely seen in this league. Fact is, the rough play continued for the entire game and no card was issue. Oh well. Luckily nobody got hurt though there were a couple scrapes and bruises.

Great post! Sounds like some intense soccer...Do you guys (Odyssey) take the same roster to SDL that you take to Primetime or are they different teams???
chicharito
chicharito
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 10/18/2010, 2:23 pm

[quote="chicharito"]
SoccerDad12 wrote:
Great post! Sounds like some intense soccer...Do you guys (Odyssey) take the same roster to SDL that you take to Primetime or are they different teams???

Same roster. Too many boys (12) for everyone to get enough minutes in SDL alone, so they play PTS with a more egalitarian distn of PT.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDad12 10/26/2010, 9:28 am

Sunday October 24: Odyssey '03 vs Solar Red: These two teams meet several times each year. Typically in one of the PTS sponsored tournaments in the N. Dallas / McKinney area. It's usually a well contested match up. Sunday's game was a bit one sided, unlike most of the previous matches. Odyssey won the game (9 - 2).
SoccerDad12
SoccerDad12
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down