Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

04 PLANO LABOR DAY - I smell a rat!? Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

04 PLANO LABOR DAY - I smell a rat!?

+10
04Soccerdad
GoalkeeperDad27
Chelsea East
donotquestion
Riquelme Rises
allen04
rocketpop
ShastaTx
Entering the Fray
Gameday 04
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

04 PLANO LABOR DAY - I smell a rat!? Empty 04 PLANO LABOR DAY - I smell a rat!?

Post by Gameday 04 9/4/2017, 10:48 pm

OK so let me get this straight. If you are compadres with, or belong to the same golf club, or went to the same college, or for whatever reason are in good with the powers that be- and you were lucky enough to find yourself in BRACKET 3-you got a virtual free pass into the knockout stage?? Courtesy of that up and comming powerhouse TBA FC 04?!?!

I SMELL A RAT!!

So somehow both finalists surprisingly came out of Bracket 3. Gee, hmm. Nothing having to do with fresh legs? We have teams traveling from far away places such as Kansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Tennesee and we have this type of hometown nonsense happening? Funny how none of them found themselves in Bracket 3?

Gameday calls FOUL and definitely SMELLS A RAT!!

Classic is here readers and I'm firing up the calculator. Content is upcoming.

Gameday 04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

04 PLANO LABOR DAY - I smell a rat!? Empty Re: 04 PLANO LABOR DAY - I smell a rat!?

Post by Entering the Fray 9/5/2017, 12:37 am

Check again... The team that won the tournament, Dallas Texans South Red, came out of bracket 1. Not sure what your point is here.

Entering the Fray
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

04 PLANO LABOR DAY - I smell a rat!? Empty Re: 04 PLANO LABOR DAY - I smell a rat!?

Post by Gameday 04 9/5/2017, 7:16 am

I stand corrected and will get my glasses chevked soon- HOWEVER, a virtual free pass into the knockout stage for the Bracket 3 teams? C'mon Man!

THREE OF THE FOUR SEMI-FINALISTS came out of which Bracket???

Gameday 04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ShastaTx 9/5/2017, 8:27 am

What would your solution have been? I believe a team dropped out in that bracket due to the Houston situation. They were not able to get a team to replace them. Impossible to rearrange all of those brackets on such short notice I would think. Difficult situation. I don't have an answer, but I do not think it was some big conspiracy to screw certain teams.

ShastaTx
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rocketpop 9/5/2017, 8:33 am

This is what they sent out:

PLEASE NOTE:

We have done our best to replace the teams that have had to withdraw because of the hurricane and flooding in South Texas. The teams that have not been replaced will show up as TBA in the schedule.

If you are scheduled to play a TBA team tomorrow or Sunday, you do not have to show up for that game. Your team will receive a 3-0 forfeit win. We apologize for this but Im sure you'll understand that this has been out of our control.

rocketpop
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by allen04 9/5/2017, 8:34 am

They pulled the schedules; they could have rearranged the brackets; 1) teams shouldn't be shorted paying for a tournament and not getting 3 pool games; 2) not fair to other teams that played to meet an opponent that had a game off.

It is a fun tournament because of the size and mix of teams; but it has always been frustrating one with different sized fields scattered all of over the metroplex and games being called by eBay purchased referees.

Also, not a fan of water breaks; and usually seem to have them when they aren't even needed...they sure could of used them in the afternoon games.
allen04
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Riquelme Rises 9/5/2017, 8:47 am

When NTX teams travel to those states you mentioned they always have to put up with biast and homecooking refs. Difference? NTX team kick butt and when they lose they pack up and go home.

Don't be a whiner.
Riquelme Rises
Riquelme Rises
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by donotquestion 9/5/2017, 9:20 am

Riquelme Rises wrote:When NTX teams travel to those states you mentioned they always have to put up with biast and homecooking refs. Difference? NTX team kick butt and when they lose they pack up and go home.

Don't be a whiner.

Gameday04 is not from out of town, educated guess is he is a Chelsea East parent, given the DIV 3 is better then DIV 2 posting last year and complaining about the schedule. He is right that one bracket played less games, Kang was playing it 2nd game in two days in the semi-final vs. 4th game for the other team. A team dropped out and what could be done? The could have moved the Friday night game to Saturday so that all teams in Bracket 3 were playing their 3rd game in the semi-final. The scores indicate the games were close and that fresher legs can help. All games were good games and tight games.

donotquestion
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Chelsea East 9/5/2017, 3:36 pm

Gameday04 is not a Chelsea East parent
Chelsea East
Chelsea East
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

04 PLANO LABOR DAY - I smell a rat!? Empty Very Frustrating Indeed

Post by GoalkeeperDad27 9/5/2017, 3:52 pm

When a team has to play its second game of the day in the quarters against a team that had the morning off and only has two games on its legs its really not that fair. My question is why didn't they move up a team from Silver bracket to even it out? Let's not have the top bracket unbalanced.

And all schedules were pulled and reposted as late as Friday afternoon, so it COULD have been handled better.

Also, why should a team be given the max points for a forfeit especially a "forfeit" like these were? Bracket 3 could have had a wildcard team if the last games had fallen differently.

GoalkeeperDad27
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Riquelme Rises 9/5/2017, 3:57 pm

Still sounds like whining. There is always an excuse for losing. My oldest BB won tournaments with his Solar team and they dealt with the same thing but overcame. Now my youngest BB is probably going to have to deal with this kind of stuff too but there are no excuses.
Riquelme Rises
Riquelme Rises
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 04Soccerdad 9/5/2017, 4:10 pm

It is what it is. You complain about the games but what you only see is the games that affect you. You don't see the whole picture of trying to put a tournament together.

It is unfortunate that Houston got hit with the hurricane and those families suffered a great hardship. Sadly, all you care about is how it affected the games you play.

The reality is that for the teams to make the playoffs, they had to win 2 games. Typical tournaments require you to win all 3 games to get a chance for playoffs. Ayses got in with 1 win but goal differential was the key for them.

I don't typically agree with Riquelme Rises but he is right. "Still sounds like whining!"

04Soccerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GoalkeeperDad27 9/5/2017, 4:12 pm

Good for you, your kids must be AWESOME!!!

I was trying to point out things that could have been better and improved for future tournaments. Also things that are pretty common sense oriented.

11 Gold teams (3 brackets)
13 Silver A teams (4 brackets. One with TWO teams after a TBA)
15 Silver B teams (4 brackets)
39 teams

Could have been;
12 Gold, 12 Silver A and 15 Silver B. That way only the "bottom" level has one unbalanced bracket. Not one in EACH level. Again, common sense.

GoalkeeperDad27
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GoalkeeperDad27 9/5/2017, 4:16 pm

Oh and I was wrong about something. Ayses did get in as a WC with a forfeit win and two losses. How is THAT even fair? That should NEVER happen.

GoalkeeperDad27
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ShastaTx 9/5/2017, 4:38 pm

There was over 700 teams in this tournament. Do you really think it is that easy to just change a game or move a team? Yeah, it sucks, but not much that can be done. The 04 group is not the only age group in the tournament!!!

ShastaTx
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 9/5/2017, 4:50 pm

In the U16 Gold bracket there was 10 teams but one team dropped out due to Harvey, so only 9. As 8 teams progressed to quarterfinals only 1 team was eliminated at the group stage. Did not make a whole lot of sense.
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Riquelme Rises 9/5/2017, 4:52 pm

Fair? Should NEVER happen? Your team just had to handle their business and none of that would have mattered.

Your BB's team will have many chances to do well in the future and then maybe so me other parent will whine about your team winning etc.
Riquelme Rises
Riquelme Rises
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermaniac04 9/5/2017, 9:23 pm

I know Gameday 04 is a parent of
FC Dallas west 04B Kang.Why does it bother you if your team was one of the 3 that came out of bracket 3

soccermaniac04
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerlvr 9/6/2017, 8:17 am

soccermaniac04 wrote:I know  Gameday 04 is a parent of
FC Dallas west 04B Kang.Why does it bother you if your team was one of the 3 that came out of bracket 3

No, he's not.

soccerlvr
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 04Soccerdad 9/6/2017, 8:27 am

GoalkeeperDad27 wrote:Good for you, your kids must be AWESOME!!!

I was trying to point out things that could have been better and improved for future tournaments. Also things that are pretty common sense oriented.

11 Gold teams (3 brackets)
13 Silver A teams (4 brackets. One with TWO teams after a TBA)
15 Silver B teams (4 brackets)
39 teams

Could have been;
12 Gold, 12 Silver A and 15 Silver B. That way only the "bottom" level has one unbalanced bracket. Not one in EACH level. Again, common sense.

My kids are AWESOME!

To use your word "fair". Why would it be "fair" to move a Silver team up into Gold to even the brackets? What if you were that Silver team and got matched up with teams that were above you? How is that fair? Get over it and move on. There are plenty of tournaments to play this season.

04Soccerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by fan1527 9/6/2017, 1:55 pm

We are really debating what is fair and what is not fair because someone got an added bye and might have been fresher...? What is not fair is that there are families lives have been upended and homes have been destroyed. I bet those families down in Houston that had to bail feel real bad for y'all that had it a little tougher playing a team that had fresher legs.

fan1527
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by allen04 9/6/2017, 2:56 pm

Good grief. Rolling Eyes
allen04
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by GoalkeeperDad27 9/6/2017, 3:05 pm

Good Lord fan1527 this discussion has nothing to do with the reason that the Houston teams weren't here. I am sure there is not a one of us that would rather be in their shoes. Perhaps since you are the most empathetic parent/coach/director and quite possibly human in the DFW soccer community, you should have been collecting money, clothes, food and various sundries from all of the teams that were fortunate enough to get to play this weekend so that you could help them.
Maybe we should have just cancelled the tournament and the organizers could have donated all of the entry fees to the cause.

GoalkeeperDad27
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by fan1527 9/6/2017, 3:28 pm

I guess you could put me down as the most empathetic parent. I did make some donations if you want to know, as I have friends that have lost homes. I just think it is pretty weak, to be whining about getting an easier path because of TBA. Good grief this tourney has qtrs. in most if not all age groups, so not really as difficult to get out of pool play. It just seemed like a bunch of whining and excuses -- just win your matches.

fan1527
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GoalkeeperDad27 9/6/2017, 3:40 pm

How do you know when a cross fitter, or a vegan, or atheist, or a charitable person walks into a room? They tell you all about it.

GoalkeeperDad27
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next