Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Weekly predictions for D2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Weekly predictions for D2

4 posters

Go down

Weekly predictions for D2 Empty Weekly predictions for D2

Post by PremierLeagueFan 9/21/2017, 7:18 am

What are the predictions for this week's D2 games? It looks like Texans Faber, Texans Craft and the Dallas Kicks are all battling it out for the Top Spot.

I am wondering how well some of the D2 teams that put up strong challenges in tournaments this summer end up in the first half of classic. Now that the dust has settled on the start of the 2017-2018 season I would also like to get an early estimation of who might be promoting next year and which teams to watch.

D2 needs to start chatting up the forum cause D1 is always watching and waiting to see who is ready to make the next challenge. cheers
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Weekly predictions for D2 Empty Re: Weekly predictions for D2

Post by GotNoGame 9/21/2017, 9:57 am

No D2 games this week. Next games are 9/27. As for rankings, they seem pretty accurate so far. Here's my poor attempt at a PLF-style analysis:

Dallas Kicks - don't know where they came from, but with the exception of one loss to Faber, they're killing everyone. Don't expect that to change before the break.

Faber - took the best players from his two teams and combined them into one solid team with one especially good player up top who seems to score most of their goals. Definitely a contender for the top spot.

Craft - has his team firing on all cylinders. They're a physical team with swagger, and they could also be a contender if they keep it up, although Kicks beat them. Didn't they beat Stricker's team in a tournament this summer? They may be one of the teams you're talking about, PLF.

FCD Red - they appear to have recruited good players but haven't gelled. For example, their GK seems to be the real deal but got hung out to dry *often* by a defense that doesn't seem to have figured out how to play together yet. They also can't score goals. They're a question mark.

Real GP - creeping up the rankings and play FCD Red on 10/1. That should decide who will end up in the top 4 at the break.

Celtic - play good possession soccer but suffer from smaller sized players (with the exception of one MC on D) that have a tendency to get frustrated and unfocused as games progress.

FC Premier - hard to figure out what has happened here. Forzi may have lost some key players (maybe they graduated from college and moved on? Wink), but they're struggling and taking lots of goals. Don't see that changing before the break.

Mexico - good team. Surprised they're not doing better, but not sure what the problem is.

America and Liverpool - their results kinda speak for themselves. Not much to say.

Bottom Line - don't expect the rankings to change too much between the top half and bottom half of the rankings. Could be some shuffling in the top 5. How'd I do PLF?? Smile

GotNoGame
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerTruth 9/24/2017, 10:07 am

Hey GotNoGame...

The answer to your Q above..."How'd I do PLF"...is fairly easy. Let me use a football analogy since most of us are likely following our fav college team at the moment.

The answer....well, it's 4th Qtr...you have the ball and your team is down by 3 pts...3 mins on the clock...it's 3rd Down and 9 yards to go for a 1st down...you've ran the same play twice in a row resulting in a total gain of negative 2 yards...what play do you call next??? yup, same play.

Sorry. That's what your recap felt like to me.

As my Soccer Forum friends know, I go for brevity. However, my thoughts are amazingly insightful.

So, now my turn (btw, i have inside agents on most of these teams so my data is legit):

Kicks - field comm amongst boys is the factor. Can be beat.
Faber - interesting. Wins won't last.
Craft - Swagger....hmmm. Nope.
FCD - ok....will drop.
Real - 50/50
Celtic - no insight
Premier - wins over.
Mexico - will see more wins.
America - done winning.
Liverpool - wins coming.

Let's agree to disagree.

Wednesday....it's game on!

Respectfully,

Truth

SoccerTruth
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GotNoGame 9/24/2017, 4:01 pm

Wow, Truth, you sure know how to take it to 11 fast! To be honest, I have no dog in any of these fights, I just happen to be around and see many of the games, so I'm sure your data is much more "legit" than mine. See? We can agree to agree -- but you'll have to get your game on with someone else on Wednesday night. You're obviously emotionally attached, so whoever your team is, good luck to them!

GotNoGame
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerTruth 9/24/2017, 6:31 pm

Nah, no emotional attachment to any of these D2 teams. Just having fun with ya GNG.

SoccerTruth
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanofson 9/28/2017, 12:50 pm

GotNoGame wrote:
Dallas Kicks - don't know where they came from, but with the exception of one loss to Faber, they're killing everyone.  Don't expect that to change before the break.
Quick playing team with one exceptional player (#9)

Faber - took the best players from his two teams and combined them into one solid team with one especially good player up top who seems to score most of their goals. Definitely a contender for the top spot. True it is a mix of two teams. Team is finally playing as a group again. Scoring has actually been spread fairly eveninly between four players but 11 on the roster have actually logged a goal in classic play this season. Nice compliment to Faber's 04 D1 team which is currently at top of standings.

Craft - has his team firing on all cylinders. They're a physical team with swagger, and they could also be a contender if they keep it up, although Kicks beat them. Didn't they beat Stricker's team in a tournament this summer? They may be one of the teams you're talking about, PLF. True very physical team with a couple hotheads that can cause a distraction. One very strong player who seems to log a goal almost every match.

FCD Red - they appear to have recruited good players but haven't gelled. For example, their GK seems to be the real deal but got hung out to dry *often* by a defense that doesn't seem to have figured out how to play together yet. They also can't score goals. They're a question mark. One of best goalies in D2. Team plays very well as a group.

Real GP - creeping up the rankings and play FCD Red on 10/1. That should decide who will end up in the top 4 at the break. Several good individual players, if they learn to play as a group then they will definitely be on the move.

Celtic - play good possession soccer but suffer from smaller sized players (with the exception of one MC on D) that have a tendency to get frustrated and unfocused as games progress. As stated, they play very sound possession soccer. Many on the team are 03. Believe they lost best scoring threat from last year to another team

FC Premier - hard to figure out what has happened here. Forzi may have lost some key players (maybe they graduated from college and moved on? Wink), but they're struggling and taking lots of goals.  Don't see that changing before the break. Manchild had to seek regular employment. Seriously, they still have a couple good players but consistant play seems to be issue.

Mexico - good team. Surprised they're not doing better, but not sure what the problem is. Have not seen them play yet this year but in past they had several very good strong players but did not seem to play together as a unit. When they were on though, watch out.

America and Liverpool - their results kinda speak for themselves. Not much to say.

Bottom Line - don't expect the rankings to change too much between the top half and bottom half of the rankings. Could be some shuffling in the top 5.  How'd I do PLF?? Smile
Fanofson
Fanofson
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanofson 9/28/2017, 12:54 pm

D2 Results from Wed Sept 27.

Craft and FC Dallas Red drew 0 all
Kicks beat NTFC 2-1
Real GP beat Forzi 4-0
Faber beat Liverpool 7-2

Mexico and America must still be dueling it out as score has not posted yet.
Fanofson
Fanofson
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down