Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Dallas Rebels are the Real Deal!!!! - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Dallas Rebels are the Real Deal!!!!

+11
finish1
Socceroo
moonequiped
cruiser
just-a-dad
Socceropath
DragonStryker
Dallassoccerdad
No_Surprise_Here
MurderWasTheCase
DaddyRebel
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dallas Rebels are the Real Deal!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Rebels are the Real Deal!!!!

Post by Socceroo 10/2/2017, 12:50 pm

Wait until your Man-Child goes against 6 of the Rebels Man-Children... or should I say Mature 07's...   Very Happy

Socceroo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Dallas Rebels are the Real Deal!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Rebels are the Real Deal!!!!

Post by Guest 10/2/2017, 1:02 pm

We have played against them a few times. Size or not, the kids have the skills to play a very good style of direct soccer. Not as much kickball as some may suggest Honestly speaking, I think defensively, they may be challenged by other attacking teams. Their forwards and mids do such a good job of causing pressure and wreaking havoc, that it takes pressure off of their defense.

Would like to see them play against Mckinney or FCD Academy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ant_Knee 10/2/2017, 2:15 pm

Socceroo wrote:Wait until your Man-Child goes against 6 of the Rebels Man-Children... or should I say Mature 07's...   Very Happy

Haha, everybody drove themselves to the game.

I laugh at this because this reminds me of when my u15 played the Tigres u15 Academy team last year when they were u14, and they all looked like they could have driven the team bus up from Monterrey, Mexico. Shocked

Last edited by Ant_Knee on 10/2/2017, 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : because I can.)

Ant_Knee
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath 10/2/2017, 3:54 pm

The first season after AP split, BB's team played against some silver/bronze teams simply because it was somewhat difficult to find an '07 league that fit in our schedule...there weren't enough teams to break into proper divisions. Based on the fact that our players were more skilled with faster speed of play, we were routinely accused of being '06s, which I didn't appreciate as a parent.

Based on that experience, I will opt to compliment the Rebels because they play well.

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceroo 10/2/2017, 4:08 pm

Socceropath wrote:The first season after AP split, BB's team played against some silver/bronze teams simply because it was somewhat difficult to find an '07 league that fit in our schedule...there weren't enough teams to break into proper divisions.  Based on the fact that our players were more skilled with faster speed of play, we were routinely accused of being '06s, which I didn't appreciate as a parent.  

Based on that experience, I will opt to compliment the Rebels because they play well.

Were your kids 6 to 12 inches taller (on avg) and 20 lbs heavier (on avg) than all of the other 07 teams too? Laughing Some of these kids are taller and stronger than Messi Rolling Eyes

Socceroo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath 10/2/2017, 5:30 pm

No but my wife assures me size doesn't matter?

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 07 boys soccer 10/2/2017, 6:30 pm

This will be fun to watch, they have definitely made it interesting, but its hard to tell how good they are until they play all the top five teams. I went back and looked at their wins. They have only played two top five teams (using YSR rankings), they beat #2 Texans Red 5-2 and 2-1 in a tourney, both very direct styles that don't use the midfield. Then they lost 4-2 to Rush who is a possession team and uses their midfield heavily. All other games are against teams ranked #10 or much lower. They only have two losses - an 06 FCD East Texas Team and Rush. They are definitely a top 10 team and we will know at the end of classic if they are a top 5 team. Maybe we see them in some of the better tournaments over the winter break as well.

07 boys soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne 10/2/2017, 6:49 pm

Socceropath wrote:No but my wife assures me size doesn't matter?

LMAO!!!!
SnookumsConCarne
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar 07B 10/2/2017, 6:52 pm

6 to 12 inches taller and a "direct" style of play?

Shhhhhhhh!!!! Keep it quiet!!!! Or you may have some Iranian/Texan and Braziian/Texan representatives start showing up to the Rebels games and whispering in your coaches ear.

Your kids sound like top-grade, grass fed, all organic, Texan DA poaching material....

Solar 07B
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ant_Knee 10/2/2017, 9:07 pm

Solar 07B wrote:6 to 12 inches taller and a "direct" style of play?

Shhhhhhhh!!!! Keep it quiet!!!! Or you may have some Iranian/Texan and Braziian/Texan representatives start showing up to the Rebels games and whispering in your coaches ear.

Your kids sound like top-grade, grass fed, all organic, Texan DA poaching material....

Haha, but you probably are not far off on that assessment of who will be lurking over the Rebels in the near future. Does anyone here have an idea of what made up the 06 Texans DA teams? Looking at Classic League 06 current standings, Salazar looks to have a strong standing at the beginning of the year. Wonder if and how many he lost over the summer to the 06 Texan's DA.

Ant_Knee
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceroo 10/3/2017, 11:13 am

There was a thread earlier on this...there was only a few spots available to outside kids at FCD, Texans and Solar...2 to 4 max.... 90% of the rosters came from within the club....tough on outside kids...

This might mean that the Rebels in 2018 might end up being the King of D1. Although physiologically speaking, the rest of the non-Hispanic kids will eventually catch up on size/weight as the years go by. Some of the Hispanic kids mature faster. WE can clearly see that difference now. In 2-3 years, the difference is all but gone...

Socceroo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar 07B 10/5/2017, 4:19 pm

Ahhh. Don't let Roo discourage you... He just doesn't want his precious BBs U-12 spot to be challenged by some hijos grandes!

Go ahead and give Hassan a call about the team, Im sure he would be more than interested Laughing

Solar 07B
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceroo 10/5/2017, 5:54 pm

Solar 07B wrote:Ahhh. Don't let Roo discourage you... He just doesn't want his precious BBs U-12 spot to be challenged by some hijos grandes!

Go ahead and give Hassan a call about the team, Im sure he would be more than interested Laughing

My kid is a "Hijo Grande" himself....so no problem here...   Wink    But I know it bothers some of the other parents around here...s

Socceroo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar 07B 10/6/2017, 7:58 am

Well I guess I'll have to show up a little early Saturday and watch the battle of the "currently big boys"... (Rebels vs. Texans).

I do enjoy watching the Texans center forward - definitely one of the most talented kids in the age group.

Solar 07B
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by moonequiped 10/7/2017, 4:18 pm

Solar 07B wrote:Well I guess I'll have to show up a little early Saturday and watch the battle of the "currently big boys"... (Rebels vs. Texans).

I do enjoy watching the Texans center forward - definitely one of the most talented kids in the age group.

I didn’t have a rooting interest in this game. Watched to enjoy.
Although they tied, the Texans were no doubt the better team. The Rebels could not figure out the Texans’ defense. The Rebels scored on two free quicks. One of the calls was no doubt questionable, AT BEST. The other part about this game was the no calls on the Texans #22. That kid got pushed, kicked and fouled. There was no benefit of the doubt for #22. The Rebels are a good team but they definitely are not as skilled as this Texans team. Again, I couldnt have cared less who won.

moonequiped
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/17/2017, 11:04 am

Rebels still #1...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/17/2017, 1:51 pm

Guest wrote:Rebels still #1...
They are actually tied for 2nd.

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceroo 10/17/2017, 3:54 pm

2nd is pretty good. Nothing to be ashamed of....Unless of course you are playing down a year or two...  Rolling Eyes

Socceroo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2