Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

U-11 Top 10 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

U-11 Top 10

+2
omega striker
Eleven Eleven
6 posters

Go down

U-11 Top 10 Empty U-11 Top 10

Post by Eleven Eleven 7/21/2009, 10:13 am

1. Dynamo / Texans
2. Solar Red
3. Solar
4. Texans Red South
5. FC Dallas Suarez
6. Andromeda Red
7. Ft. Worth FC White
8. ASG Gold
9. Gunners
10. Comets Blue

Eleven Eleven
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

U-11 Top 10 Empty Re: U-11 Top 10

Post by omega striker 7/21/2009, 11:47 am

Eleven Eleven wrote:1. Dynamo / Texans
2. Solar Red
3. Solar
4. Texans Red South
5. FC Dallas Suarez
6. Andromeda Red
7. Ft. Worth FC White
8. ASG Gold
9. Gunners
10. Comets Blue
nope it's not gonna be based after this last weekends tournaments so.........

1.DTR/Dynamo
2.Solar Red
3.DTS
4.FCD(suarez)
5.ASG Gold
6.Andromeda Red
7.Barcelona
8.Solar
9.Comets Blue
10.FCD Blue/Tx Gunners/Texas Titans/FWFC/FCD south
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by rip 7/21/2009, 12:48 pm

omega striker wrote:
2. Solar Red
3. Solar
4. Texans Red South
5. FC Dallas Suarez
6. Andromeda Red
7. Ft. Worth FC White
8. ASG Gold
9. Gunners
10. Comets Blue

1.DTR/Dynamo
2.Solar Red
3.DTS
4.FCD(suarez)
5.ASG Gold
6.Andromeda Red
7.Barcelona
8.Solar
9.Comets Blue
I don't know if you guys watch much soccer or not. I try to, though obviously can't see all the games. I do, however, try to back up my rankings with some supporting evidence. The data I have does not jive with these listings you have provided.

I'm basing my "empirical" data on the results from the aforementioned major Summer tourneys (Carey Invtl, NAMDC, ASG Adidas, Flamefest, King Tut, Puma Cup). I use a formula that factors in tournament strength and results. Advancement is weighted fairly heavily. Finally, I do adjust on recent head-to-head results for teams that are very close. The goal is to come up with a ranking that limits personal bias.

Here is an extended snapshot of my "Power 16" based on that criteria. It isn't perfect, but it is based on results on the field rather than personal opinion. It doesn't imply who will beat who, only who has done what over this data set.

U-11 Top 10 U11_pw12

For comparisons sake, here is a snapshot of the data for the teams listed in your rankings that aren't in mine. I do think these are good teams, they just haven't done enough over the recent tournament run. By the way, all of this supporting tournament data is available online.

U-11 Top 10 U11_ot14
rip
rip
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 7/21/2009, 2:28 pm

rip wrote:
omega striker wrote:
2. Solar Red
3. Solar
4. Texans Red South
5. FC Dallas Suarez
6. Andromeda Red
7. Ft. Worth FC White
8. ASG Gold
9. Gunners
10. Comets Blue

1.DTR/Dynamo
2.Solar Red
3.DTS
4.FCD(suarez)
5.ASG Gold
6.Andromeda Red
7.Barcelona
8.Solar
9.Comets Blue
I don't know if you guys watch much soccer or not. I try to, though obviously can't see all the games. I do, however, try to back up my rankings with some supporting evidence. The data I have does not jive with these listings you have provided.

I'm basing my "empirical" data on the results from the aforementioned major Summer tourneys (Carey Invtl, NAMDC, ASG Adidas, Flamefest, King Tut, Puma Cup). I use a formula that factors in tournament strength and results. Advancement is weighted fairly heavily. Finally, I do adjust on recent head-to-head results for teams that are very close. The goal is to come up with a ranking that limits personal bias.

Here is an extended snapshot of my "Power 16" based on that criteria. It isn't perfect, but it is based on results on the field rather than personal opinion. It doesn't imply who will beat who, only who has done what over this data set.

U-11 Top 10 U11_pw12

For comparisons sake, here is a snapshot of the data for the teams listed in your rankings that aren't in mine. I do think these are good teams, they just haven't done enough over the recent tournament run. By the way, all of this supporting tournament data is available online.

U-11 Top 10 U11_ot14
wow thats awesome ! the problem is "quality" of competition and your going off of tournaments which always has "Golden" guest players and with this summer being so hectic with movement it means nothing! hell the ASG kid helped the Andro red team to a victory in one of those, where is he now?I tell you what since you are good at finding stats go back to the beginning of this year and factor in SDL,PAL and ALL tournament results and then make an asterik on competiton to weed out top ten(although unofficial) as oppose to 11-20,21-30 etc... and then lets take a look? great start though!
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by rip 7/21/2009, 2:40 pm

omega striker wrote:wow thats awesome ! the problem is "quality" of competition and your going off of tournaments which always has "Golden" guest players and with this summer being so hectic with movement it means nothing! hell the ASG kid helped the Andro red team to a victory in one of those, where is he now?I tell you what since you are good at finding stats go back to the beginning of this year and factor in SDL,PAL and ALL tournament results and then make an asterik on competiton to weed out top ten(although unofficial) as oppose to 11-20,21-30 etc... and then lets take a look? great start though!
Thanks. I agree with you that "quality" of competition is the huge missing piece of the puzzle. And rosters are so dynamic throughout the Academy league/tournaments that this exercise is pretty much futile. All I tried to do was come up with something that would paint a picture of where teams stand in regards to each other over a period of time leading up to the QT. The goal of getting close to the Select teams meant using the post-league tourneys, which at least had the roster cores intact for the most part. Heck, the NCAA can't even get the BCS right.... I sure don't pretend to have the answer for ranking a bunch of 10 year-olds. It is fun to speculate, though.
rip
rip
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 7/21/2009, 3:06 pm

rip wrote:
omega striker wrote:wow thats awesome ! the problem is "quality" of competition and your going off of tournaments which always has "Golden" guest players and with this summer being so hectic with movement it means nothing! hell the ASG kid helped the Andro red team to a victory in one of those, where is he now?I tell you what since you are good at finding stats go back to the beginning of this year and factor in SDL,PAL and ALL tournament results and then make an asterik on competiton to weed out top ten(although unofficial) as oppose to 11-20,21-30 etc... and then lets take a look? great start though!
Thanks. I agree with you that "quality" of competition is the huge missing piece of the puzzle. And rosters are so dynamic throughout the Academy league/tournaments that this exercise is pretty much futile. All I tried to do was come up with something that would paint a picture of where teams stand in regards to each other over a period of time leading up to the QT. The goal of getting close to the Select teams meant using the post-league tourneys, which at least had the roster cores intact for the most part. Heck, the NCAA can't even get the BCS right.... I sure don't pretend to have the answer for ranking a bunch of 10 year-olds. It is fun to speculate, though.
this is all just fun and games for the kids and parents,lol! but yea the best case scenario would be to post up stats from all of their U10 season last fall as well as this past spring and All tournaments each team played but thats just too much work and like you say there has been so much back and forth movement it's just head spinning! good job RIP on doing some type of statistical homework!
on a side note what exactly has happened to the copa/blue team? I know from some of the great TM debates they were at one time a solid top 5 or 6 team but now........ who did they lose or lets say not sign? i use to have a contact on that team but he has since left then team!
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by rip 7/21/2009, 3:28 pm

omega striker wrote:
rip wrote:
this is all just fun and games for the kids and parents,lol! but yea the best case scenario would be to post up stats from all of their U10 season last fall as well as this past spring and All tournaments each team played but thats just too much work and like you say there has been so much back and forth movement it's just head spinning! good job RIP on doing some type of statistical homework!
on a side note what exactly has happened to the copa/blue team? I know from some of the great TM debates they were at one time a solid top 5 or 6 team but now........ who did they lose or lets say not sign? i use to have a contact on that team but he has since left then team!
From what I have heard, they weren't able to sign some of the kids they were hoping to. They lost one of their core (to Andro) and couldn't seal the deal on guests from DTRS, Solar Red, Comets Blue.... I do think they should improve under Rhine, but they went in the wrong direction this past weekend.
rip
rip
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by socmom3 7/21/2009, 3:30 pm

I've also heard they (Copa/Blue) lost a forward to Barcelona....who's out of the country right now.
socmom3
socmom3
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rip 7/21/2009, 3:37 pm

socmom3 wrote:I've also heard they (Copa/Blue) lost a forward to Barcelona....who's out of the country right now.
Wow! That would be a very surprising move. I know the kid and he has some talent. I wouldn't have expected a move to Barcelona.
rip
rip
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by socmom3 7/21/2009, 3:42 pm

rip wrote:
socmom3 wrote:I've also heard they (Copa/Blue) lost a forward to Barcelona....who's out of the country right now.
Wow! That would be a very surprising move. I know the kid and he has some talent. I wouldn't have expected a move to Barcelona.

Well, since it's a rumor for now, it won't be confirmed until he's back in the country...who knows? Question
socmom3
socmom3
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 7/21/2009, 4:08 pm

I'm in Brasil right now and have found an amazing player that I'm bringing back with me to fill the remaining spot for Andro Red, that should put us over the top. Not only that, but he's really an older 98, but no problemo, I'm having a new birth certificate made as I type this. I just hope the suit case I have fits him nicely along with the O2 tank. The rest of you are in trouble now.
Oh and yes, the Andro pick-up from Copa is a nice nice player, we are so glad to have him!

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 7/21/2009, 9:18 pm

Axxman wrote:I'm in Brasil right now and have found an amazing player that I'm bringing back with me to fill the remaining spot for Andro Red, that should put us over the top. Not only that, but he's really an older 98, but no problemo, I'm having a new birth certificate made as I type this. I just hope the suit case I have fits him nicely along with the O2 tank. The rest of you are in trouble now.
Oh and yes, the Andro pick-up from Copa is a nice nice player, we are so glad to have him!
great deal! afro
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

U-11 Top 10 Empty nothing happened with copa/blue

Post by go99 7/21/2009, 10:42 pm

The core of the team signed and had more players at signing than we had spots avaliable. So far have not lost the player to barcelona either, but you never know it could happen. The last tournament was simply a matter of working quite a few new kids in and still working kids into different positions and lineups. Hope it is all settled before qualifying, but the original team is intact and picked up some very nice new signings.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 7/22/2009, 7:28 am

go99 wrote:The core of the team signed and had more players at signing than we had spots avaliable. So far have not lost the player to barcelona either, but you never know it could happen. The last tournament was simply a matter of working quite a few new kids in and still working kids into different positions and lineups. Hope it is all settled before qualifying, but the original team is intact and picked up some very nice new signings.
good to hear! I was super shocked to see the results that FCD blue had produced at the King Tut! I hope they get it together before the labor day tournament and the beggining of the season!
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum