Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

PPL scores 10-2-10 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

PPL scores 10-2-10

+2
starbucks
skyforeman
6 posters

Go down

PPL scores 10-2-10 Empty PPL scores 10-2-10

Post by skyforeman 10/2/2010, 12:31 pm

DT North 2 BLitz 0

skyforeman
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

PPL scores 10-2-10 Empty Re: PPL scores 10-2-10

Post by Guest 10/2/2010, 3:38 pm

FC Premier 3 Barcelona 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/2/2010, 6:10 pm

anyone know what happened to Metro 2 losses back to back, they were the favorites now its looking like DTX North or FCD White

Back to top Go down

Post by skyforeman 10/2/2010, 7:43 pm

Metro's offense looks great but the defense is giving up a lot. DT North and FCD White both looked good in the Classic qual. but were missing a couple of there kids.

skyforeman
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by starbucks 10/3/2010, 8:02 pm

Yes, Metro has been flat the last two games. Shouldn't have let the first loss get away, but it is U11 soccer and things do happen. Not picking any horse with 75% of the games left for the season. There will be many surprises along this road and everyone gets to meet everyone again in the spring. Things change, they always do.....and let's not forget Liverpool. They are a solid team.
starbucks
starbucks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/3/2010, 9:58 pm

starbucks wrote:Yes, Metro has been flat the last two games. Shouldn't have let the first loss get away, but it is U11 soccer and things do happen. Not picking any horse with 75% of the games left for the season. There will be many surprises along this road and everyone gets to meet everyone again in the spring. Things change, they always do.....and let's not forget Liverpool. They are a solid team.
Starbucks I dont doubt you all will be in the top 3 at end of spring, just wondering if anything has changed within the team to cause the lack of focus in the previous games, you guys have been so dominant and determinrd since the classic qualifier

Back to top Go down

Post by rvpformvp 3/16/2011, 8:41 am

mcc78 wrote:
starbucks wrote:Yes, Metro has been flat the last two games. Shouldn't have let the first loss get away, but it is U11 soccer and things do happen. Not picking any horse with 75% of the games left for the season. There will be many surprises along this road and everyone gets to meet everyone again in the spring. Things change, they always do.....and let's not forget Liverpool. They are a solid team.
Starbucks I dont doubt you all will be in the top 3 at end of spring, just wondering if anything has changed within the team to cause the lack of focus in the previous games, you guys have been so dominant and determinrd since the classic qualifier

So I see Metro is now listed as Dallas Texans Red West in the PPL standings. Can someone confirm this move? Also looks like Liverpool Liddell has 1 of the top 2 spots locked up to challenge for CL. The second spot may come down to the last game with Texans North playing Barcelona. Looks like a tight finish for that last spot.
rvpformvp
rvpformvp
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Baller38 3/16/2011, 4:29 pm

rvpformvp wrote:
mcc78 wrote:

So I see Metro is now listed as Dallas Texans Red West in the PPL standings. Can someone confirm this move? Also looks like Liverpool Liddell has 1 of the top 2 spots locked up to challenge for CL. The second spot may come down to the last game with Texans North playing Barcelona. Looks like a tight finish for that last spot.
Looks like Metro has crossed over to the evil Texans, wonder if they followed the coach, I'm sure Starbucks can fill us in

Baller38
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hornedfrog92 3/17/2011, 11:34 pm

Baller38 wrote:
rvpformvp wrote:
mcc78 wrote:

Looks like Metro has crossed over to the evil Texans, wonder if they followed the coach, I'm sure Starbucks can fill us in

I talked to a "Metro" Mom the other day. Their coach had only one team left and he decided to go coach with Texans rather than stay independent. He's going to try to take the team with him, but I've already heard / seen that that group will break up / be broken up. Several players are looking elsewhere and knowing Texans, they'll move the pieces they want to other teams.

Hornedfrog92
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by starbucks 3/18/2011, 6:19 pm

To the interested audience, let me clarify the facts vs. rumors (Hornedfrog92):

1) Fact: Metro 00 B is now the Dallas Texans Red West 00B team with all 16 families signing approval of the name change.

2) Fact: The Metro coach is joining the Texans Staff. I have had the pleasure of being the manager for this coach for 5 years (former 96 Metro 00B team as well). He has made a good strategic move for a variety of reasons that do not need to be divulged on this forum.

3) Fact: Metro was down to a single team effective this spring.

4) Rumor: The team is breaking up. This is false.

5) Fact: Metro would have had team changes at the end of the season. As I personally have learned from past experience, it is difficult as a small independent club to recruit better talent the longer the team is competitive. History can tell you that most independent clubs develop talented players that go on to play for larger clubs and higher divisions, if the coach is good. This happened to our 96 team (Currently 4 players from the 96 team are playing in Classic League: 1 in Division 3 and 3 in Division 1. Three of them play for the Texans).

6) Fact: The Dallas Texans Red West team will have changes at the end of the season. This is the same statement as in #5 but under the name of the Texans. The difference is two part. Each family will need to make a personal decision about continuing to play based upon the price changes and potential field changes. The coaching staff is the same. The player recruitment is expected to improve in being a part of the Texans club. Eventually, the better players have the opportunity to move up the Texans team ladder. This provides them opportunities that Metro cannot offer today.

The bottom line is this....change was inevitable either as Metro or as the Texans. This is true every year. Parents from any competitive team should evaluate if their child is improving, still has a love for the game, is connected to the coach, and is connected to the team. If not, they should evaluate all their options. Our family does every year no matter how much we love our coach and team.

Now....anyone interested in looking at the team? The coach has done great things for my boys soccer knowledge and skills and I am one of them that has a Classic League Division 1 player (that played in Plano for 4 years U11- U14)!

And now for my predictions... if Barcelona plays the Dallas Texans North the way they played our team this weekend, Texans North will have their hands full! Good Luck to the teams! May calm winds prevail!!!
starbucks
starbucks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

PPL scores 10-2-10 Empty RE: PPL scores 10-2-10

Post by SoccerXXX 3/19/2011, 6:40 am

starbucks wrote:To the interested audience, let me clarify the facts vs. rumors (Hornedfrog92):

1) Fact: Metro 00 B is now the Dallas Texans Red West 00B team with all 16 families signing approval of the name change.

2) Fact: The Metro coach is joining the Texans Staff. I have had the pleasure of being the manager for this coach for 5 years (former 96 Metro 00B team as well). He has made a good strategic move for a variety of reasons that do not need to be divulged on this forum.

5) Fact: Metro would have had team changes at the end of the season. As I personally have learned from past experience, it is difficult as a small independent club to recruit better talent the longer the team is competitive. History can tell you that most independent clubs develop talented players that go on to play for larger clubs and higher divisions, if the coach is good. This happened to our 96 team (Currently 4 players from the 96 team are playing in Classic League: 1 in Division 3 and 3 in Division 1. Three of them play for the Texans).

6) Fact: The Dallas Texans Red West team will have changes at the end of the season. This is the same statement as in #5 but under the name of the Texans. The difference is two part. Each family will need to make a personal decision about continuing to play based upon the price changes and potential field changes. The coaching staff is the same. The player recruitment is expected to improve in being a part of the Texans club. Eventually, the better players have the opportunity to move up the Texans team ladder. This provides them opportunities that Metro cannot offer today.

The bottom line is this....change was inevitable either as Metro or as the Texans. This is true every year. Parents from any competitive team should evaluate if their child is improving, still has a love for the game, is connected to the coach, and is connected to the team. If not, they should evaluate all their options. Our family does every year no matter how much we love our coach and team.

Now....anyone interested in looking at the team? The coach has done great things for my boys soccer knowledge and skills and I am one of them that has a Classic League Division 1 player (that played in Plano for 4 years U11- U14)!

And now for my predictions... if Barcelona plays the Dallas Texans North the way they played our team this weekend, Texans North will have their hands full! Good Luck to the teams! May calm winds prevail!!!

Congrats to the team! I know that you have been a good team and expect you to continue to improve under the new flag!
SoccerXXX
SoccerXXX
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hornedfrog92 3/20/2011, 10:54 pm

starbucks wrote:To the interested audience, let me clarify the facts vs. rumors (Hornedfrog92):

interesting. i think my response to the initial question covered the same salient facts in 4 sentences. anyhow, aren't facts 5 and 6 above counter to rumor 4? not sure i see the difference in language ("breaking up / will be broken up" versus "change"), if the team will be substantially different in logo and roster. but whatever.

anyhow part II, it seems like a good move for the team. good luck to em. no doubt its a good move for many reasons that most of us can figure without them being divulged on this forum.

Hornedfrog92
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down