Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

00 Picks for Week 6 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

00 Picks for Week 6

+8
soccerpapa
The German
R1
GoldenGoal
soccer23
SoccerXXX
jimulon6
only1one
12 posters

Go down

00 Picks for Week 6 Empty 00 Picks for Week 6

Post by only1one 10/5/2010, 8:41 am

TFC WHITE v ASG - ASG 2-1

BANDITS v SOLAR RED - Bandits 3-2

STRIKERS v TOROS - Toros 2-1

ANDRO WHITE v FCD PREMIER - FCD 1-0

TEXANS RED v TEXANS - Texans 5-0

FCD EAST v WIZARDS - Wizards 2-1

ANDRO RED v TFC - TFC 4-1

FWFC v SOLAR - Solar 2-0

ODYSSEY v TEJANOS - Tie 1-1

TIGRES v LIVERPOOL - Tigres 2-0

D2

TFC BLUE v ANDRO -TFC 2-0

MITLAN v HURST U - HU 3-1

TEXANS WHITE v LONGVIEW - Longview 2-0

COMETS v KERNOW - Kenrow 2-1

CHIVAS v FCD - Tie 2-2
only1one
only1one
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

00 Picks for Week 6 Empty Re: 00 Picks for Week 6

Post by Guest 10/5/2010, 8:55 am

TFC WHITE v ASG - Tie 2-2, ASG not playing well.
BANDITS v SOLAR RED - Bandits 2-0, bandits the better team
STRIKERS v TOROS - Toros 1-1, both teams really struggle to score
ANDRO WHITE v FCD PREMIER - FCD 2-1
FCD EAST v WIZARDS - Wizards 1-1, both teams play good D
ANDRO RED v TFC - TFC 4-3, Andro playing better and better, can they control the speed here?
FWFC v SOLAR - Solar 4-1
ODYSSEY v TEJANOS - Odyssey 2-1, Tejanos not playing well
TIGRES v LIVERPOOL - Tigres 3-1

D2

CHIVAS v FCD - FCD 3-2

Back to top Go down

Post by jimulon6 10/5/2010, 9:36 am

[quote="sweep20"]TFC WHITE v ASG - Tie 2-2, ASG not playing well.
BANDITS v SOLAR RED - Bandits 2-0, bandits the better team
STRIKERS v TOROS - Toros 1-1, both teams really struggle to score
ANDRO WHITE v FCD PREMIER - FCD 2-1
FCD EAST v WIZARDS - Wizards 1-1, both teams play good D
ANDRO RED v TFC - TFC 4-3, Andro playing better and better, can they control the speed here?
FWFC v SOLAR - Solar 4-1
ODYSSEY v TEJANOS - Odyssey 2-1, Tejanos not playing well
TIGRES v LIVERPOOL - Tigres 3-1

D2

CHIVAS v FCD - FCD 3-2

These picks look good, although I think --

Wizards upend FCD East 2-1 with physical play

-- if too many Tejanos aren't playing football Tejanos win 2-1,

-- TFC will win, but it won't be that close.

jimulon6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerXXX 10/5/2010, 10:30 am

jimulon6 wrote:

Sorry to ask but you are going to carry Sweep20's picks over with the exceptions above. No problem but need to ask you for the TFC predicted score. In case the week goes to points as a tiebreaker.
SoccerXXX
SoccerXXX
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jimulon6 10/5/2010, 10:37 am

SoccerXXX wrote:
jimulon6 wrote:

Sorry to ask but you are going to carry Sweep20's picks over with the exceptions above. No problem but need to ask you for the TFC predicted score. In case the week goes to points as a tiebreaker.

Yes, carry over with TFC win at 4-1

jimulon6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer23 10/5/2010, 10:42 am

TFC WHITE v ASG - ASG 3-2 (agree, ASG defense not as strong as thought to be)

BANDITS v SOLAR RED - 2-2 (Solar Red closes the one goal gap from Labor Day but doesn't win here)

STRIKERS v TOROS - Toros 3-0 (Toros looked up to the task last week against TFC with strong D. Strikers offense not as strong as TFC and Toros shut them down.)

ANDRO WHITE v FCD PREMIER - FCD 2-0 (FCD wins but nothing exciting)

TEXANS RED v TEXANS - Texans 4-0 (DT Gall gave up the clean sheet last week but with 9 in their pocket I don't think that was a big deal. They take it easy here on baby bro.)

FCD EAST v WIZARDS - Wizards 2-0 (Wiz continue to be the only team with a clean sheet. That D looks impenetrable.)

ANDRO RED v TFC - TFC 3-2 (Other squads figuring out TFC? 2good4u made a good call on the Toros v. TFC game last week. Didn't see that game, but sounds like Toros gave them all they could handle.)

FWFC v SOLAR - Solar 2-0 (Solar possesses the ball for a large part of this one)

ODYSSEY v TEJANOS - Odyssey 3-1 (no sure about Tejanos playing football comment but I think Odyssey wins)

TIGRES v LIVERPOOL - Tigres 2-1 (Tigres too fast)

D2

TFC BLUE v ANDRO -TFC 3-2 (TFC not going to shut out anyone this year)

MITLAN v HURST U - Hurst 2-1 (Mitlan D is tough and goalie is big and they give Hurst a tough game.)

TEXANS WHITE v LONGVIEW - Longview 1-0 (Texans can't score on Longview D but Longview has trouble finding the net in this game)

COMETS v KERNOW - Kenrow 4-1 (Kernow wins easy here)

CHIVAS v FCD - Chivas 3-2 (Chivas again the Game o' the Week but again they are victorious by the same score as last week)

soccer23
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jimulon6 10/5/2010, 11:19 am

soccer23 wrote:TFC WHITE v ASG - ASG 3-2 (agree, ASG defense not as strong as thought to be)

BANDITS v SOLAR RED - 2-2 (Solar Red closes the one goal gap from Labor Day but doesn't win here)

STRIKERS v TOROS - Toros 3-0 (Toros looked up to the task last week against TFC with strong D. Strikers offense not as strong as TFC and Toros shut them down.)

TEXANS RED v TEXANS - Texans 4-0 (DT Gall gave up the clean sheet last week but with 9 in their pocket I don't think that was a big deal. They take it easy here on baby bro.)

FCD EAST v WIZARDS - Wizards 2-0 (Wiz continue to be the only team with a clean sheet. That D looks impenetrable.)

ANDRO RED v TFC - TFC 3-2 (Other squads figuring out TFC? 2good4u made a good call on the Toros v. TFC game last week. Didn't see that game, but sounds like Toros gave them all they could handle.)

FWFC v SOLAR - Solar 2-0 (Solar possesses the ball for a large part of this one)

ODYSSEY v TEJANOS - Odyssey 3-1 (no sure about Tejanos playing football comment but I think Odyssey wins)

D2

MITLAN v HURST U - Hurst 2-1 (Mitlan D is tough and goalie is big and they give Hurst a tough game.)

TEXANS WHITE v LONGVIEW - Longview 1-0 (Texans can't score on Longview D but Longview has trouble finding the net in this game)

CHIVAS v FCD - Chivas 3-2 (Chivas again the Game o' the Week but again they are victorious by the same score as last week)

The Bandits lost to Solar Red 2 -1 at PLD, not the other way around. And my comment about Tejanos and football is this--when all of their players are present for soccer games, they are a much stronger team, when they are not, clearly they struggle. The kids that play football are strong soccer players, Tejanos need them present to have more success.

What is hard to figure out about TFC? No secret what they do, and they do it very well. Toros played TFC to PK's in PLD quarterfinal. Some times
certain teams just match up well where others don't. Toros/TFC looks like one of those good matchups.

Wizards/FCD East game of the week.

jimulon6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenGoal 10/5/2010, 11:58 am

TFC WHITE v ASG - ASG 2-0 (ASG still too much for white)
BANDITS v SOLAR RED - Bandits 2-1 (Tied at half, Bandits pull it out)
STRIKERS v TOROS - Toros 2-1 (Toros more aggressive)
ANDRO WHITE v FCD PREMIER - Tie 1-1
TEXANS RED v TEXANS - Texans 4-0 (same story)
FCD EAST v WIZARDS - East 1-0 (East pulls off upset)
ANDRO RED v TFC - TFC 2-1 (TFC 2-0 til end and give up one late)
FWFC v SOLAR - Solar 2-0 (FWFC getting better but not enough)
ODYSSEY v TEJANOS - Odyssey 1-0 (even match but Odyssey takes the win)
TIGRES v LIVERPOOL - Tigres 3-0 (Tigres too scrapy for Liverpool)

D2

TFC BLUE v ANDRO -TFC 1-0
MITLAN v HURST U - HU 2-1
CHIVAS v FCD - Tie 2-1
GoldenGoal
GoldenGoal
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by R1 10/5/2010, 12:57 pm

TFC WHITE v ASG - ASG 3-1

BANDITS v SOLAR RED - Tie 3-3

STRIKERS v TOROS - Toros 2-1

ANDRO WHITE v FCD PREMIER - FCD 3-1

TEXANS RED v TEXANS - Texans 6-0

FCD EAST v WIZARDS - FCD East 1-0

ANDRO RED v TFC - TFC 3-1

FWFC v SOLAR - Solar 3-0

ODYSSEY v TEJANOS - Odyssey 2-1

TIGRES v LIVERPOOL - Tigres 2-0

D2

MITLAN v HURST U - HU 3-0

COMETS v KERNOW - Kenrow 2-0

CHIVAS v FCD - Chivas 2-0
R1
R1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerXXX 10/5/2010, 1:25 pm

GoldenGoal wrote:.
CHIVAS v FCD - Tie 2-1

GoldenGoal - Can you clarify the Chivas/FCD prediction?
SoccerXXX
SoccerXXX
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 10/5/2010, 1:36 pm

TFC WHITE 0 – 1 ASG
BANDITS 2 – 0 SOLAR RED
STRIKERS 1 – 2 TOROS
ANDRO WHITE 1 – 2 FCD PREMIER
TEXANS RED 0 – 4 TEXANS
FCD EAST 1 – 2 WIZARDS
ANDRO RED 1 – 1 TFC
FWFC 0 – 2 SOLAR
ODYSSEY 2 – 2 TEJANOS
TIGRES 2 – 0 LIVERPOOL

D2

TFC BLUE 1 – 1 ANDRO
MITLAN 1 – 2 HURST U
TEXANS WHITE 2 – 0 LONGVIEW
COMETS 3 – 1 KERNOW
CHIVAS 2 – 0 FCD
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer23 10/5/2010, 1:55 pm

jimulon6 wrote:
soccer23 wrote:TFC WHITE v ASG - ASG 3-2 (agree, ASG defense not as strong as thought to be)

D2

The Bandits lost to Solar Red 2 -1 at PLD, not the other way around. And my comment about Tejanos and football is this--when all of their players are present for soccer games, they are a much stronger team, when they are not, clearly they struggle. The kids that play football are strong soccer players, Tejanos need them present to have more success.

What is hard to figure out about TFC? No secret what they do, and they do it very well. Toros played TFC to PK's in PLD quarterfinal. Some times
certain teams just match up well where others don't. Toros/TFC looks like one of those good matchups.

Sorry, I typed "Solar Red closes the one goal gap" but I meant to say "Bandits close the one goal gap". Multitasking and lost my train of thought. Regardless, I predict the game will end tied.

I wasn't being critical regarding your Tejanos comment, just that I didn't know exactly what you meant. I understand now what you are saying. Don't know enough about their players to know which are playing football and which are not so my comment on the game did not take that into consideration. I was just predicting Odyssey to win the game with full strength on both sides. Losing top players to other activities definitely would hurt their chances though, you are right about that.

And, my comment about TFC was that even though teams may know what they are doing, that maybe some of the teams might now being figuring out a way to defend them a little better. But, maybe you're right about that too, maybe just that the Toros match up well and play them tougher than most.

soccer23
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenGoal 10/5/2010, 2:09 pm

Sorry... CHIVAS v FCD - Chivas 2-1
GoldenGoal
GoldenGoal
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jimulon6 10/5/2010, 3:48 pm

soccer23 wrote:
jimulon6 wrote:

D2

Sorry, I typed "Solar Red closes the one goal gap" but I meant to say "Bandits close the one goal gap". Multitasking and lost my train of thought. Regardless, I predict the game will end tied.

I wasn't being critical regarding your Tejanos comment, just that I didn't know exactly what you meant. I understand now what you are saying. Don't know enough about their players to know which are playing football and which are not so my comment on the game did not take that into consideration. I was just predicting Odyssey to win the game with full strength on both sides. Losing top players to other activities definitely would hurt their chances though, you are right about that.

And, my comment about TFC was that even though teams may know what they are doing, that maybe some of the teams might now being figuring out a way to defend them a little better. But, maybe you're right about that too, maybe just that the Toros match up well and play them tougher than most.

Soccer23, no worries mate. We used to play on the Tejanos, I still have friends over there, and wanted to make sure I was clear. I'm convinced if that team's players sold out on soccer, they could be very, very good.

TFC is fascinating, especially against Toros. Maybe we should be watching the Toros more closely to see why they are successful. My guess is speed and toughness. If you don't have one either of those against TFC, that's trouble.

I'm a little biased on the Bandits/ Solar Red game this weekend. We lost to them very late on back to back set plays in PLD after, IMO, dominating the game. Solar Red can be very good. Should be a great game.

jimulon6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerpapa 10/5/2010, 4:14 pm

My picks:
TFC WHITE v ASG - ASG 3-1
BANDITS v SOLAR RED - Bandits 3-1. SR going thru slump, need to regain tournament consistancy.
STRIKERS v TOROS - Toros 3-1. Toros challenging top of bracket.
ANDRO WHITE v FCD PREMIER - FCD 2-0. Premier has good goalie, good outside shooters.
TEXANS RED v TEXANS - Texans 5-0. I will put Texas 5-0 vs any team for rest of season.
FCD EAST v WIZARDS - Wizards 3-1. Wizzards remain undefeated.
ANDRO RED v TFC - TFC 3-0. TFC offense is too much.
FWFC v SOLAR - Solar 3-2. Solar wins, but will be close
ODYSSEY v TEJANOS - Tie 2-1. This could go either way, but Odyssey wins becuase of the football factor.
TIGRES v LIVERPOOL - Tigres 3-1. Tigers are scrappy.

D2
TFC BLUE v ANDRO -TFC 1-0
MITLAN v HURST U - HU 3-2
TEXANS WHITE v LONGVIEW - Longview 2-1
COMETS v KERNOW - Kenrow 2-2
CHIVAS v FCD - Chivas 2-0
soccerpapa
soccerpapa
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Chillaxing 10/7/2010, 9:34 pm

D1
TFC WHITE 0 v ASG 3
BANDITS 1 v SOLAR RED 2
STRIKERS 2 v TOROS 1
ANDRO WHITE 0 v FCD PREMIER 2
TEXANS RED 0 v TEXANS 4
FCD EAST 2 v WIZARDS 1
ANDRO RED 0 v TFC 3
FWFC 1 v SOLAR 2
ODYSSEY 0 v TEJANOS 1
TIGRES 2 v LIVERPOOL 0

D2
TFC BLUE 3 v ANDRO 1
MITLAN 1 v HURST U 3
TEXANS WHITE 1 v LONGVIEW 4
COMETS 2 v KERNOW 3
CHIVAS 2 v FCD 1
Chillaxing
Chillaxing
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerXXX 10/8/2010, 9:17 am

Ok. With 9 challengers for Week 6 we have the average scores below.

D1 - (Game of the Week is Wizards/FCD East closely followed by Odyssey/Tejanos)

Team Average
TFC White 1.00
ASG Gold North 2.33

Bandits 2.22
Solar Red 1.22

NTX Strikers 1.00
Toros 1.89

Andro White 0.56
FCD Premier 1.89

DT Red 0.00
DT (Gall) 4.67

FCD East 1.00
Wizards 1.44

Adro Red 1.11
TFC (Wells) 3.00

FWFC 0.56
Solar (Partain) 2.67

Odyssey 1.56
Tejanos 1.11

Tigres 2.44
Liverpool 0.44

D2 (Game of the week Chivas/FCD)

Team Average
TFC Blue 1.89
Andro 0.44

Mitlan 1.00
Hurst 2.67

DT White 0.44
Longview 1.89

Comets 1.33
Kernow Storm 2.22

Chivas 2.11
FCD 1.33
SoccerXXX
SoccerXXX
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BACKPOST 10/8/2010, 10:58 am

TFC WHITE v ASG - ASG 3-1 .... ASG should have enough to win this one

BANDITS v SOLAR RED - 2-2 .... This is the Bandits 1st test of league play

STRIKERS v TOROS - Toros 1-0 .... Toros usually ready to play the good team but not so much with the average teams, Strikers could pull this one out

ANDRO WHITE v FCD PREMIER - FCD 2-0 ... easy win for FC

TEXANS RED v TEXANS - Texans 5-0 .... easy win for Texans

FCD EAST v WIZARDS - Wizards 2-1 .... Wizards put another one in the lost column for FCE

ANDRO RED v TFC - TFC 4-0.... Andro not as good as it seems

FWFC v SOLAR - Solar 2-0 .... Should be an easy win for Solar, but don't let FW hang around in the game to long they may surprise you.

ODYSSEY v TEJANOS - Odyssey 2-1 .... Odyssey finally gets a win

TIGRES v LIVERPOOL - Tigres 2-0 .... Tigres has a better team right now

D2

TFC BLUE v ANDRO -TFC 2-1

MITLAN v HURST U - Hurst 2-0

TEXANS WHITE v LONGVIEW - Longview 1-0

COMETS v KERNOW - Kenrow 3-1

CHIVAS v FCD - FCD 2-1

BACKPOST
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down