Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

00 D1 for next year Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

00 D1 for next year

+9
indyfc
afrankw
rvpformvp
soccer23
off_the_woodwork
warhawk
Galagtic
R1
Amidoinitrite?
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

00 D1 for next year Empty 00 D1 for next year

Post by Amidoinitrite? 10/5/2010, 8:05 pm

With the first half of the fall Classic season upon us, which teams will make D1 next year, with the exception of Texans Gall lol? It appears to be a very close top ten, and even 10-15 can challenge the top ten. It also is obvious that the qualifying tournaments and seeding was pretty accurate. Are all first years of Classic this tightly knit? I am really excited to be a part of this level of competition, some great kids on some great teams!

Amidoinitrite?
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

00 D1 for next year Empty Re: 00 D1 for next year

Post by R1 10/5/2010, 8:23 pm

Looks to me like this so far - to me:

The following 9 teams (in no particular order) are going to be D1:
SOLAR
BANDITS
SOLAR RED
FCD PREMIER
TEXANS Gall
FCD EAST
WIZARDS
ANDRO RED
TFC Wells

These two teams will be in the fight for the last spot of D1:
TEXANS RED
ANDRO WHITE

These will likely be D2:
FWFC
ODYSSEY
TEJANOS
ASG
STRIKERS
TOROS
TIGRES

D3 (bottom 2 go to D3? - My first rodeo, so not sure, I thought that was what I heard):
LIVERPOOL
TFC WHITE
R1
R1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Amidoinitrite? 10/5/2010, 10:10 pm

@R1... That looks about right. My concern is the bottom of the top ten to the finish, there will be a couple of teams that probably belong in D1, get bounced to D2...sure makes for an interesting season. Consistency will be the winner in the end! So far I am pleased with the Classic system, as well as the officiating and the parents.

Amidoinitrite?
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Galagtic 10/6/2010, 9:12 am

Amidoinitrite? wrote:@R1... That looks about right. My concern is the bottom of the top ten to the finish, there will be a couple of teams that probably belong in D1, get bounced to D2...sure makes for an interesting season. Consistency will be the winner in the end! So far I am pleased with the Classic system, as well as the officiating and the parents.

Your right it will be unfair for some of the teams that have given challenges to the top ranked teams. Texas Toro's gave some of the top team a challenge, even think they should of won some of those games. Also think they should be ok on the games the rest of the year, except DT Gall. Smile In my opinion what they are lacking is a left forward or maybe play a different formation. But I don't know if there roster is full.
Galagtic
Galagtic
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by warhawk 10/6/2010, 11:30 am

Way to early in the season for that splitt? Alot can happen in the second half tap the brakes.
warhawk
warhawk
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by off_the_woodwork 10/6/2010, 11:39 am

Galagtic wrote:
Amidoinitrite? wrote:@R1... That looks about right. My concern is the bottom of the top ten to the finish, there will be a couple of teams that probably belong in D1, get bounced to D2...sure makes for an interesting season. Consistency will be the winner in the end! So far I am pleased with the Classic system, as well as the officiating and the parents.

Your right it will be unfair for some of the teams that have given challenges to the top ranked teams. Texas Toro's gave some of the top team a challenge, even think they should of won some of those games. Also think they should be ok on the games the rest of the year, except DT Gall. Smile In my opinion what they are lacking is a left forward or maybe play a different formation. But I don't know if there roster is full.

Teams have 19 games to prove whether or not they belong in D1. At the end of the Spring season if team is 10th or better, they are by definition a D1 team. If not they aren't, and they don't "belong" in D1. Seems simple to me, and fair.

I can see your point about the Toros, however just because they have a top 10 defense doesn't mean they are a top 10 team. Not saying they won't be D1 at the end but probably not if they don't start scoring some goals.

off_the_woodwork
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer23 10/6/2010, 11:41 am

My thoughts (for what they are worth--not much). Also in no particular order:

D1

SOLAR
BANDITS
SOLAR RED
FCD PREMIER
TEXANS Gall
FCD EAST
WIZARDS
ANDRO RED
TFC Wells
TEXANS RED

D2

ANDRO WHITE
FWFC
ODYSSEY
TEJANOS
ASG
LIVERPOOL
TOROS
TIGRES
HURST UNITED
FC DALLAS (Suarez)

D3
STRIKERS
TFC WHITE
CHIVAS
AC LONGVIEW
KERNOW STORM
TEXANS WHITE
COMETS
MITLAN

I think TFC Blue and Andro (McLemore) have to fight it out in the challenge games with LIVERPOOL (Liddell), FC DALLAS WHITE, MANSFIELD SAMBA GOLD and AZTECAS. I think that LIVERPOOL and MANSFIELD get into D3 for the U12 season.

You are correct Amidoinitrite. U12 divisions are as follows:

D1 = U11 D1 Teams 1-10
D2 = U11 D1 Teams 11-18 + D2 Teams 1-2
D3 = U11 D1 Teams 19-20 + D2 Teams 3-8 + (2 winners from the challenge games)

soccer23
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/6/2010, 8:26 pm

Seriously doubt Liverpool Liddell will make the challenge game to advance to classic, lookin more like DT North or FC Dallas White both which have knocked off Metro, who beat Liverpool 4-0, shame because Liverpool and Metro were everyones pick before PPL started but FCD white and DT north have not only caught up to them but are clearly better right now but who knows, its too early

Back to top Go down

Post by rvpformvp 10/6/2010, 9:23 pm

I agree with Warhawk, it is way too early for next years D1/D2 predictions. Most games so far have pitted the top 10 against the 11-20 teams. Wait until these two groups start playing against each other and the the rankings will start to take shape.
rvpformvp
rvpformvp
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by R1 10/6/2010, 10:40 pm

rvpformvp wrote:I agree with Warhawk, it is way too early for next years D1/D2 predictions. Most games so far have pitted the top 10 against the 11-20 teams. Wait until these two groups start playing against each other and the the rankings will start to take shape.

Will the top 10 teams stop being the top 10 teams once they play eachother?

I think some of the 11-20 teams will need to upset the 1-10 teams to change anything up. I don't think I've seen any upsets yet where any of the 11-20 teams have put a hit on any of the 1-10 teams yet - which doesn't bode well for 11-20 teams knocking anyone down - someone is going to need to start getting some upsets to change the status. The only upsets so far have been an unexpected tie or two.

In other words, there have been 44 games played, with a vast majority of those games being teams ranked 11-20 playing against 1-10 - and in 44 games, not a single upset where anyone 11-20 has beat anyone 1-10 yet. Numbers 11-20 aren't showing an ability to upset the apple cart yet. Hopefully that will change for some 11-20 team, but nothing has shown yet.
R1
R1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by afrankw 10/6/2010, 11:39 pm

R1 wrote:
rvpformvp wrote:I agree with Warhawk, it is way too early for next years D1/D2 predictions. Most games so far have pitted the top 10 against the 11-20 teams. Wait until these two groups start playing against each other and the the rankings will start to take shape.

I think some of the 11-20 teams will need to upset the 1-10 teams to change anything up. I don't think I've seen any upsets yet where any of the 11-20 teams have put a hit on any of the 1-10 teams yet - which doesn't bode well for 11-20 teams knocking anyone down - someone is going to need to start getting some upsets to change the status. The only upsets so far have been an unexpected tie or two.

In other words, there have been 44 games played, with a vast majority of those games being teams ranked 11-20 playing against 1-10 - and in 44 games, not a single upset where anyone 11-20 has beat anyone 1-10 yet. Numbers 11-20 aren't showing an ability to upset the apple cart yet. Hopefully that will change for some 11-20 team, but nothing has shown yet.

Here is what happened last year with the 99 Boys.

TEAMFALLFINAL+ / -
DALLAS TEXANS 99B DALLAS (CRAFT) 110
ANDROMEDA 99B RED (BAZAN) 321
DALLAS TEXANS 99B SOUTH (HERNANDEZ) 23(1)
FC DALLAS YOUTH 99B (SUAREZ) 440
SOLAR 99B RED (PASSOS) 651
TEXAS GUNNERS 99B (MADDOX) 1367
COMETS 99B BLUE (BADII) 57(2)
FORT WORTH FC 99B WHITE (CATES) 1183
BARCELONA SC 99B (GARCIA) 1091
CD CHIVAS DALLAS 99B (JAQUEZ) 710(3)
SOLAR 99B (CRAWFORD) 811(3)
CLUB_CLASSIC 99B ORANJE(RAVESTIJN) 912(3)
ATLETICO MADRID FC 99B (LOPEZ) 15132
FC DALLAS YOUTH 99B GOLD (FIGUEROA) 18144
TYLER AZZURRI FC 99B (SCHUBERT) 1415(1)
FC DALLAS YOUTH 99B SOUTH (SAAVEDRA) 16160
DALLAS TEXANS 99B RED DALLAS (CONNELL) 17170
ASG 99B GOLD NORTH (NGON) 1218(6)
FC DALLAS YOUTH 99B BLUE (RHINE) 19190
FC FORCE 99B BLACK (BILY) 20200
afrankw
afrankw
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by afrankw 10/7/2010, 4:16 am

mcc78 wrote:Seriously doubt Liverpool Liddell will make the challenge game to advance to classic, lookin more like DT North or FC Dallas White both which have knocked off Metro, who beat Liverpool 4-0, shame because Liverpool and Metro were everyones pick before PPL started but FCD white and DT north have not only caught up to them but are clearly better right now but who knows, its too early
Not sure you know what you are talking about. Liverpool is in second place with one lose to Metro. They haven't given up a goal in the other four games. They will be there next year.
afrankw
afrankw
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/7/2010, 6:53 am

afrankw wrote:
mcc78 wrote:Seriously doubt Liverpool Liddell will make the challenge game to advance to classic, lookin more like DT North or FC Dallas White both which have knocked off Metro, who beat Liverpool 4-0, shame because Liverpool and Metro were everyones pick before PPL started but FCD white and DT north have not only caught up to them but are clearly better right now but who knows, its too early
Not sure you know what you are talking about. Liverpool is in second place with one lose to Metro. They haven't given up a goal in the other four games. They will be there next year.
No I dont think so Liverpool is only in second because they have played more games than DT North and Barcelona, plus they havent played anyone good yet except Metro which they got beat 4-0, they still have to play FCD white and DT North who both beat Metro, plus they have to play Barcelona who is pretty scrappy too, so check the facts first next time

Back to top Go down

Post by afrankw 10/7/2010, 7:35 am

mcc78 wrote:
afrankw wrote:
No I dont think so Liverpool is only in second because they have played more games than DT North and Barcelona, plus they havent played anyone good yet except Metro which they got beat 4-0, they still have to play FCD white and DT North who both beat Metro, plus they have to play Barcelona who is pretty scrappy too, so check the facts first next time

The fact is that they are in second place at this time and even if DNT and Bacelona win this weekend they will only be one point out of first with 15 games left. There is alot of soccer left to play and to "Seriously doubt" they will make it after a 1/4 of the season based on one game makes no sense. This will be one that we just have to wait and see.
afrankw
afrankw
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/7/2010, 1:16 pm

afrankw wrote:
mcc78 wrote:
afrankw wrote:

The fact is that they are in second place at this time and even if DNT and Bacelona win this weekend they will only be one point out of first with 15 games left. There is alot of soccer left to play and to "Seriously doubt" they will make it after a 1/4 of the season based on one game makes no sense. This will be one that we just have to wait and see.
To seriously think they will make it after 1/4 of the season when they are sitting in second because they played more games and havent played any top teams except Metro makes more sense you are right idiot

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer23 10/7/2010, 1:37 pm

mcc78 wrote:
afrankw wrote:
mcc78 wrote:
afrankw wrote:

To seriously think they will make it after 1/4 of the season when they are sitting in second because they played more games and havent played any top teams except Metro makes more sense you are right idiot

My comment wasn't based on anything other than seeing them play in the QT and the PLD. I don't know what has gone on PPL. In the Labor Day tournament Liverpool beat CL D1 team North Texas Strikers 1-0 and then lost to CL D2 team AC Longview 0-1 (PLD Silver division runner-up). In the QT they were in a tough bracket where all three of the other teams ended up in D1. They lost to Solar Red 0-1 (whose only loss since July has been to Texans (Gall) and who won the PLD Gold Division), NTX Strikers 2-3 and Odyssey 1-2 (winners of the PLD Silver division). All very close games. Based on these 5 games, they are a good team that I believe will end up in the challenge games and can beat either TFC Blue or Andro (McLemore). Clearly this is rank speculation. But, someone started this thread and wanted to discuss this so I chimed in.

soccer23
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Amidoinitrite? 10/7/2010, 2:49 pm

@afrankw, interesting feedback on the 99 classic season, it appeared that a couple of teams from 10-20 in d1, did secure a place in d1 the following year. That is what I was trying to get at. I know it is too early to tell, but another poster did mention that if 10-20 don't start upsetting 1-10 in the fall, then there chances to advance ranking wise are nominal being that the top 10 mainly play one another in the second half.

Amidoinitrite?
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by indyfc 10/11/2010, 5:33 pm

afrankw wrote:
R1 wrote:

Here is what happened last year with the 99 Boys.

TEAMFALLFINAL+ / -
DALLAS TEXANS 99B DALLAS (CRAFT) 110
ANDROMEDA 99B RED (BAZAN) 321
DALLAS TEXANS 99B SOUTH (HERNANDEZ) 23(1)
FC DALLAS YOUTH 99B (SUAREZ) 440
SOLAR 99B RED (PASSOS) 651
TEXAS GUNNERS 99B (MADDOX) 1367
COMETS 99B BLUE (BADII) 57(2)
FORT WORTH FC 99B WHITE (CATES) 1183
BARCELONA SC 99B (GARCIA) 1091
CD CHIVAS DALLAS 99B (JAQUEZ) 710(3)
SOLAR 99B (CRAWFORD) 811(3)
CLUB_CLASSIC 99B ORANJE(RAVESTIJN) 912(3)
ATLETICO MADRID FC 99B (LOPEZ) 15132
FC DALLAS YOUTH 99B GOLD (FIGUEROA) 18144
TYLER AZZURRI FC 99B (SCHUBERT) 1415(1)
FC DALLAS YOUTH 99B SOUTH (SAAVEDRA) 16160
DALLAS TEXANS 99B RED DALLAS (CONNELL) 17170
ASG 99B GOLD NORTH (NGON) 1218(6)
FC DALLAS YOUTH 99B BLUE (RHINE) 19190
FC FORCE 99B BLACK (BILY) 20200

Another good indicator is the number of points it took the 99 teams to make D1:

1. DT Craft 51
2. Anro Red 49
3. DT South 43
4. FCD Suarez 36
5. Solar Red 33
6. TX Gunners 33
7. Comets Blue 31
8. FWFC 31
9. Barcelona 30
10. CD Chivas 27

Also, no team with less than 8 wins got into D1:
1. DT Craft 16
2. Andro Red 16
3. DT South 13
4. FCD Suarez 11
5. Solar Red 10
6. TX Gunners 10
7. Comets blue 9
8. FWFC 10
9. Barcelona 9
10. CD Chivas 8

Although we are only 1/4 of the way through this year, I don't think much has changed at the top (except for Solar Red dropping from elite status), and don't think much will change during the Spring. You can probably look forward to the following:

1. DT Gall
2. TFC Wells
3. Wizards FC
4. Bandits
5. FCD Premier
6. Andromeda Red
7. Solar Partain
8. FCD East

Positions 9 & 10 will be up for grabs between:
a) Tigres
b) DT Red
c) Texas Toros
d) Solar Red
e) Andromeda White
f) ASG Gold North
indyfc
indyfc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by off_the_woodwork 10/11/2010, 6:04 pm

[quote="indyfc
Although we are only 1/4 of the way through this year, I don't think much has changed at the top (except for Solar Red dropping from elite status), and don't think much will change during the Spring. You can probably look forward to the following:

1. DT Gall
2. TFC Wells
3. Wizards FC
4. Bandits
5. FCD Premier
6. Andromeda Red
7. Solar Partain
8. FCD East

Positions 9 & 10 will be up for grabs between:
a) Tigres
b) DT Red
c) Texas Toros
d) Solar Red
e) Andromeda White
f) ASG Gold North [/quote]

Pretty much agree except IMO Solar also belongs in the "up for grabs" group after playing nobody better than seed #13 in the first 5 weeks. Not saying they don't belong in D1, just there isn't enough evidence to be convinced yet even with a 4-0-1 start. They will have a brutal schedule in the Spring.

off_the_woodwork
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Amidoinitrite? 10/11/2010, 8:26 pm

@ off the woodwork..I am assuming you are referring to Solar Partain as the up for grabs team. Although this may hold to be true, they have beaten fc premier in tournament play and beaten fc east in a scrimmage...I would argue that you include both fc teams in the up for grabs category, particularly fc east as they lost to the tejanos in tournament play. Nonetheless, this thread was created because it is such a tight race for many of the teams, it appears that there is a lot of parity in this group!!

Amidoinitrite?
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by R1 10/11/2010, 8:56 pm

Amidoinitrite? wrote:@ off the woodwork..I am assuming you are referring to Solar Partain as the up for grabs team. Although this may hold to be true, they have beaten fc premier in tournament play and beaten fc east in a scrimmage...I would argue that you include both fc teams in the up for grabs category, particularly fc east as they lost to the tejanos in tournament play. Nonetheless, this thread was created because it is such a tight race for many of the teams, it appears that there is a lot of parity in this group!!

Maybe I'm just pessimistic or something, but I still don't see the teams that were ranked in the bottom 10 challenging the top 10 teams much so far.

Another week, and now there have been 59 games reported played . . . not a single upset of a bottom 10 team beating a top 10 team in 59 games played so far (Solar Red looks like it might be putting itself in jeopardy by getting ties against bottom 10 teams - but that's as close to an upset as there is so far - a few ties).

R1
R1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer00 10/11/2010, 9:08 pm

R1 wrote:
Amidoinitrite? wrote:@ off the woodwork..I am assuming you are referring to Solar Partain as the up for grabs team. Although this may hold to be true, they have beaten fc premier in tournament play and beaten fc east in a scrimmage...I would argue that you include both fc teams in the up for grabs category, particularly fc east as they lost to the tejanos in tournament play. Nonetheless, this thread was created because it is such a tight race for many of the teams, it appears that there is a lot of parity in this group!!

Maybe I'm just pessimistic or something, but I still don't see the teams that were ranked in the bottom 10 challenging the top 10 teams much so far.

Another week, and now there have been 59 games reported played . . . not a single upset of a bottom 10 team beating a top 10 team in 59 games played so far (Solar Red looks like it might be putting itself in jeopardy by getting ties against bottom 10 teams - but that's as close to an upset as there is so far - a few ties).

True and although anything can happen, very little probably will. For those of us in that bottom 10, I am sure most of us would have preferred not to have to play some of these teams that are well out of our league. I guess the system is set up to ensure that no one who rightfully should be 1-10 gets overlooked, but it does make for a long year for those of us who know we are not able to compete with 1-10. I'm thinking that the top teams don't get much out of meeting some of the 11-20 teams week after week. Might help everyone's development and some teams' morale to have more equal competition during the first year. IMHO.

soccer00
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Amidoinitrite? 10/11/2010, 9:42 pm

@ soccer 00...I disagree, the top ten gain a great deal of development from competing the bottom 10., and visa versa...with the exception of Gall's team lol! I think it's important to know what the bar is and to strive for getting to it. There is some great soccer in this age group, and not much that seperates us. I believe that the coaching, along with the team chemistry, might be the difference maker, although talent sure helps!

Amidoinitrite?
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

00 D1 for next year Empty moot point

Post by Hornedfrog92 2/13/2011, 11:39 pm

mcc78 wrote:
afrankw wrote:
mcc78 wrote:
afrankw wrote:

Just saw this string. Funny. Looks like Liverpool Liddell took care of business last Fall. Started strong today vs. FCD White.

BTW, the 4-0 loss to Metro was without Pool's starting sweep.

Hornedfrog92
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Baller38 2/14/2011, 6:38 am

Hornedfrog92 wrote:
mcc78 wrote:
afrankw wrote:
mcc78 wrote:
afrankw wrote:

Just saw this string. Funny. Looks like Liverpool Liddell took care of business last Fall. Started strong today vs. FCD White.

BTW, the 4-0 loss to Metro was without Pool's starting sweep.
What was the Liverpool FC Dallas score? I believe it will be Liverpool and Texans north or FCD white, all the other top 5 teams would have to win out and get some help. I dont agree on the excuse you gave with the loss to Metro though, is the missing sweeper the reason Liverpool could not find the back of the net? I would just say Metro was the better team that day.

Baller38
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next