Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

GOLD CUP Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

GOLD CUP

+3
Freeatlast
swindler
b0013
7 posters

Go down

Gold Cup Finals

GOLD CUP Vote_lcap62%GOLD CUP Vote_rcap 62% 
[ 8 ]
GOLD CUP Vote_lcap38%GOLD CUP Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 13

GOLD CUP Empty GOLD CUP

Post by b0013 7/24/2009, 5:51 pm

Goodson, Cooper send United States to third straight Gold Cup final

GOLD CUP 0,,12813~6759682,00

By Kathryn L. Knapp
CHICAGO -- The United States returned to the Gold Cup final for a third straight time, subduing Honduras 2-0 Thursday night in its bid for a record fifth title.

Stuart Holden set up goals for Clarence Goodson just before halftime and did much of the work on the left side before feeding Kenny Cooper in the 90th for his second goal in as many games.
"I think Stuart is a player that has been on the verge of getting into our team for a while he's one of the players that came out of the Olympics where he did well," U.S. coach Bob Bradley said. "In the January camp, he came out with an injury so he missed an opportunity. The timing of this tournament was good for him and like others…I think he's taken advantage of it."

The Americans will make their sixth appearance in the final on Sunday in Giants Stadium outside New York City.
"We as a group feel we've come a long way in this tournament," Holden said. "But our job isn't done yet. We want to finish it off by winning the final."

The United States attacked from the opening kickoff, creating a corner within the first minute and putting a shot wide in the second when Jay Heaps headed a low ball just short of the post. It was the first in a half where the United States outshot Honduras 10-5.
The victory was the Americans' third over Honduras in six weeks, including a 2-0 win in group-play on July 8. The United States created three consecutive chances before Goodson leaped between two defenders and powered his header through the middle of the goal from the edge of the six-yard box.

He was the 10th different player score in the Gold Cup for the United States, which has outscored its opponents 12-3 in six games.

"The U.S. is known for playing collectively," Honduras head coach Reinaldo Rueda said. "It's hard to say that one player stands out. This is what they've worked for in the last couple years. They have invested time and resources in this project, and it's finally paying off."
Honduras' best chance in the first 45 minutes came when Martin Chavez's left-footed strike from the edge of the penalty area had to be slapped upward by USA goalkeeper Troy Perkins and off the crossbar in the 20th minute.
The Americans dominated the second half as well, controlling possession but unable to convert for a second goal and nearly paid for it in the 85th minute.
Carlo Costly had two consecutive chances inside the area, the first hitting Perkins in the chest, while the second one was blocked by a diving Jay Heaps.
"It was a great, great defensive effort, starting with Troy, who made some terrific saves," U.S. defensive midfielder Logan Pause said. "It started up top with Brian and Davy working their magic."
Cooper, who converted an extra-time penalty to get the United States past Panama in the quarterfinals on Saturday, replaced Davy Arnaud in the 86th and added his second goal four minutes later. Holden traded passes with Brian Ching on the left side of area and then sent a sharp low ball across the face of the goal, where Cooper redirected it into an open net.
The match started under a light drizzle after thunderstorms with lightning threatened kickoff.

With the victory, the United States extended its unbeaten streak at home against CONCACAF opponents to 58, its last loss coming against Honduras in 2001 in World Cup qualifying.

http://www.goldcup.org/page/GoldCup/Home/0,,12802,00.html

--
b0013
b0013
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

GOLD CUP Empty Re: GOLD CUP

Post by swindler 7/24/2009, 7:58 pm

Attended Mexico and Costa Rico quarterfinals, and both dominated. Caught the end of the Mexico vs Costa Rico semi last night on Univision. Liked Costa Rico better, but pretty even. Mexico won on PKs.

I understand U.S. will be minus a couple players Sunday. I'm going with MEX in the minor upset.
swindler
swindler
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by b0013 7/26/2009, 6:05 pm

US 0
Mexico 5
OUCH...!!!
b0013
b0013
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeatlast 7/26/2009, 6:34 pm

ouch is right; that was pathetic

Freeatlast
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ranger 7/26/2009, 6:41 pm

Here is my question. What the hell happened to all the starters???? Mad Dear lord that D was terrible. I could not believe how bad the guys looked today..
ranger
ranger
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by True10 7/26/2009, 7:59 pm

Mexico took the US behind a New York woodshed and beat them like they stole something.
True10
True10
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by swindler 7/26/2009, 8:21 pm

ranger wrote:Here is my question. What the hell happened to all the starters???? Mad Dear lord that D was terrible. I could not believe how bad the guys looked today..

Several of the U.S. regular starters had returned to their clubs before this tournament completed, and so the lineup today had a lot of 'fresh' talent. This was certainly not the same team that made it to the finals of the Confederations Cup.

Game was actually very tight (although I would give Mexico the advantage) until the PK in the 56th that starting the scoring. After that, the young U.S. team fell apart.
swindler
swindler
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/26/2009, 9:55 pm

Better to get this experience here, with the pressure.
It is interesting to see that even national level players can fall apart with the a questionable call.
Well done by Mexico.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tequilapark 7/28/2009, 12:09 pm

swindler wrote:
ranger wrote:Here is my question. What the hell happened to all the starters???? Mad Dear lord that D was terrible. I could not believe how bad the guys looked today..

Several of the U.S. regular starters had returned to their clubs before this tournament completed, and so the lineup today had a lot of 'fresh' talent. This was certainly not the same team that made it to the finals of the Confederations Cup.

Game was actually very tight (although I would give Mexico the advantage) until the PK in the 56th that starting the scoring. After that, the young U.S. team fell apart.
A lot of players were missing from both teams, in Mexico's case they were without Guardado, Blanco, Salcido, Marquez, Arce, Pardo, etc...
The list of players going to Mexico City for the August 12th game is not out yet, so I dont know how different it will be from the Gold Cup squad.
But that will be a great game, its already sold out for the 105,000 seat Azteca stadium. Glad I got my tickets early, will be flying down there to see it.
Tequilapark
Tequilapark
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 7/29/2009, 12:29 am

Tequilapark wrote:
swindler wrote:

A lot of players were missing from both teams, in Mexico's case they were without Guardado, Blanco, Salcido, Marquez, Arce, Pardo, etc...
The list of players going to Mexico City for the August 12th game is not out yet, so I dont know how different it will be from the Gold Cup squad.
But that will be a great game, its already sold out for the 105,000 seat Azteca stadium. Glad I got my tickets early, will be flying down there to see it.
Take me I'll pay for the tequilla shots and the zonkey show affraid
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Tequilapark 8/4/2009, 4:19 pm

Plantit, I was in Tijuana for a couple of weeks in July and not only did we see the Zonkeys, we were driving past Revolution Ave. and stoped to take a picture with them.
Tequilapark
Tequilapark
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 8/4/2009, 10:40 pm

Tequilapark wrote:Plantit, I was in Tijuana for a couple of weeks in July and not only did we see the Zonkeys, we were driving past Revolution Ave. and stoped to take a picture with them.
A pitcher of tequila??? Close my eyes, take a shot , slap the zonkey, bite the lemon.. drunken drunken lol!
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down