Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Some make-up games have been posted... Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Some make-up games have been posted...

+23
plantit
quickfoot
The German
soccer23
finish1
fan_of_soccer
socmom97
soccerrus2
off_the_woodwork
forbin
mrclean
cancha123
happyfeet
Goal4Momma
go99
scrdad
Yak Attack
OnTheSurface
clueless
AllSoccer98
soccerdad1
my2cents
b0013
27 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Some make-up games have been posted... Empty Some make-up games have been posted...

Post by b0013 10/25/2010, 12:05 am

Some of the Boys Classic make-up games from this weekend have been posted.

http://www.gotsport.com/events/default.aspx?EventID=10630
b0013
b0013
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Some make-up games have been posted... Empty Re: Some make-up games have been posted...

Post by my2cents 10/25/2010, 8:23 pm

A 3:30 game on Halloween for a Fort Worth area team. Noooooooo,no problem, that won't screw up the plans of all those families. Shouldn't take candy from strangers anyway.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Some make-up games have been posted... Empty Re: Some make-up games have been posted...

Post by soccerdad1 10/25/2010, 8:36 pm

Guess the scheduler doesn't think about players having younger siblings
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AllSoccer98 10/25/2010, 9:44 pm

Guess the scheduler doesn't think of anyone having a religion other than soccer. This is our 2nd game this month during church.

AllSoccer98
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 10/25/2010, 9:50 pm

Get used to it, no school, church, holiday, world series, swine flu epidemic reasons for a reschedule. They only want the games to be played, they don't care who can make it.
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AllSoccer98 10/25/2010, 9:58 pm

I kinda understand them overlooking church, but to schedule 7th grade make up games on 7th grade football night is sacrilegious.

AllSoccer98
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheSurface 10/25/2010, 10:26 pm

OK, I know that soccer is the only thing that we ever do and we are expected to jump whenever the soccer gods say jump, but seriously. Scheduling games during the possibly one and only time that the World Series will be here in the kids' lifetime? With only two soccer games left this season and two perfectly good future weekends available for makeups? Are these people just simply evil?
OnTheSurface
OnTheSurface
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Yak Attack 10/25/2010, 11:13 pm

OnTheSurface wrote:OK, I know that soccer is the only thing that we ever do and we are expected to jump whenever the soccer gods say jump, but seriously. Scheduling games during the possibly one and only time that the World Series will be here in the kids' lifetime? With only two soccer games left this season and two perfectly good future weekends available for makeups? Are these people just simply evil?

Nah, just simple.
Yak Attack
Yak Attack
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by scrdad 10/26/2010, 9:15 am

Yak Attack wrote:
OnTheSurface wrote:OK, I know that soccer is the only thing that we ever do and we are expected to jump whenever the soccer gods say jump, but seriously. Scheduling games during the possibly one and only time that the World Series will be here in the kids' lifetime? With only two soccer games left this season and two perfectly good future weekends available for makeups? Are these people just simply evil?

Nah, just simple.

I think their attitude is collect money, input teams into computer to schedule games, ignore criticism.

scrdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 10/26/2010, 9:17 am

I think it would be impossible to schedule around everyones issues.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Goal4Momma 10/26/2010, 9:32 am

On paper and in a bubble it sounds easy to consider all the factors you mention above - But when you are scheduling as many age groups with as many teams it is hard. Then sprinkle in all the coaching conflicts, referee schedules, volunteer schedules.....and it gets really really hard... never mind the fact that even though we have make-up weekends on the calendar, you still have to work with the complexes to ensure availability.

I know it stinks sometimes and make up games can really mess with your other plans - just cut the scheduler some slack. He does not sit at his desk and think of ways to impose on people or make it difficult. He simply has to do the best he can with what he has to work with. I'm just saying - give the guy the benefit of the doubt. It is a thankless job that he does graciously and without complaint.

queen
Goal4Momma
Goal4Momma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheSurface 10/26/2010, 10:00 am

I know that everyone has issues and most of the time you have to suck it up. And we all do this without hesitation. But there is a difference between missing a Sunday evening Youth meeting at church vs. missing a World Series game that you have already paid $$$$$ for. Let us not even touch that someone might've paid $$ to go see the Cowboys. affraid

According to the CL website, they have blocked off FOUR weekends after regular leage play to address rain makeups. I see no reason why we could not have put the makeups on any of those EIGHT days that do NOT have a very major, once in a lifetime event occurring locally.

Just once in a while, I'd like to see some schedules that actually are for the convenience of the paying customers as opposed to those making the schedules.

OnTheSurface
OnTheSurface
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 10/26/2010, 10:35 am

OnTheSurface wrote:I know that everyone has issues and most of the time you have to suck it up. And we all do this without hesitation. But there is a difference between missing a Sunday evening Youth meeting at church vs. missing a World Series game that you have already paid $$$$$ for. Let us not even touch that someone might've paid $$ to go see the Cowboys. affraid

According to the CL website, they have blocked off FOUR weekends after regular leage play to address rain makeups. I see no reason why we could not have put the makeups on any of those EIGHT days that do NOT have a very major, once in a lifetime event occurring locally.

Just once in a while, I'd like to see some schedules that actually are for the convenience of the paying customers as opposed to those making the schedules.

You are assuming that 12 and 13 year olds would rather sit inside and watch a baseball game on tv than play soccer. Sounds like the reschedule request is for you not the kids.
As G4M said, trying to take everybody's request is an impossible job. Throw in field availability, referee availability and other limitations and it's amazing the scheduler makes as many people happy as he does. Sure there are open make up weekends, but a couple of those have tournaments scheduled. We'd here it from all of those teams if we used those weekends before we actually had to.
Thankless job and all you hear are complaints. Glad I don't do it.
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Goal4Momma 10/26/2010, 10:52 am

OnTheSurface wrote:I know that everyone has issues and most of the time you have to suck it up. And we all do this without hesitation. But there is a difference between missing a Sunday evening Youth meeting at church vs. missing a World Series game that you have already paid $$$$$ for. Let us not even touch that someone might've paid $$ to go see the Cowboys. affraid

I'm happy to go with you to the Ranger game! Tee hee!
Just remember - when the schedule was built, no one had a clue that the Rangers would be in the world series... Thank goodness they are and I couldn't be more proud for them.
queen
Goal4Momma
Goal4Momma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cancha123 10/26/2010, 11:13 am

"Just once in a while, I'd like to see some schedules that actually are for the convenience of the paying customers as opposed to those making the schedules."

I am sure your input would be much appreciated!! Just volunteer to become a commissioner and I promise you will have more say!!

I am playing on the night of game 6, I am going to hate missing it, but that is when the DVR comes in handy!! Laughing

cancha123
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by cancha123 10/26/2010, 11:16 am

"Just remember - when the schedule was built, no one had a clue that the Rangers would be in the world series"

Actually, when the Rangers were brought to Arlington, NO ONE had a clue that the Rangers would EVER go to the World Series!!!
cheers

cancha123
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by scrdad 10/26/2010, 11:22 am

cancha123 wrote:"Just once in a while, I'd like to see some schedules that actually are for the convenience of the paying customers as opposed to those making the schedules."

I am sure your input would be much appreciated!! Just volunteer to become a commissioner and I promise you will have more say!!

I am playing on the night of game 6, I am going to hate missing it, but that is when the DVR comes in handy!! Laughing

Game 6 will not be needed.

scrdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Goal4Momma 10/26/2010, 11:24 am

cancha123 wrote:"Just once in a while, I'd like to see some schedules that actually are for the convenience of the paying customers as opposed to those making the schedules."

Im hoping we aren't playing a game 6!!!!! queen
Goal4Momma
Goal4Momma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrclean 10/26/2010, 1:15 pm

I agree that the Commissioners and whoever else makes the schedules can't try to fit everyone's schedules. I wished that MLS would have thought about the kids playing soccer games on Saturday before they scheduled their playoff. I do think that the MLS should have thought about the youth games and scheduled their game closer to 7 pm.

I also think that the League should avoid the weeknights whenever possible. It's too early to make middle school kids pick one sport. Before anyone responds that great soccer players should only play soccer, I would respond that Michael Jordan played three sports and seemed to do okay as a basketball player.

mrclean
mrclean
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by forbin 10/26/2010, 1:46 pm

AllSoccer98 wrote:Guess the scheduler doesn't think of anyone having a religion other than soccer. This is our 2nd game this month during church.

Amen Allsoccer - drives me crazy when games are scheduled Sunday morning, especially when there are other slots available.

forbin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by off_the_woodwork 10/26/2010, 10:07 pm

forbin wrote:
AllSoccer98 wrote:Guess the scheduler doesn't think of anyone having a religion other than soccer. This is our 2nd game this month during church.

Amen Allsoccer - drives me crazy when games are scheduled Sunday morning, especially when there are other slots available.

Maybe you should request that your church move it's worship schedule Cool

off_the_woodwork
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 10/27/2010, 7:17 am

forbin wrote:

No Saturday evening Church or early Sunday?

The "slots" you mention are normally covered by mens and womens league games and Richland usage as well.

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by AllSoccer98 10/27/2010, 8:48 am

On my son's team, with a roster of 16, I know of 6 families that attend church regularly, 2 who don't, and I have no idea what the other 8 families do on Sundays. That is more than a third, and I am sure our team is typical.

My family has attended early services before games and late services after an 8:00 game. (Feel bad for the kids that have to sit near my BB!!) The games in between are the problem. It seems like they could give those slots to different teams each time.

I guess we just got unlucky this year. For all I know our coach requested this time slot!! Twisted Evil

AllSoccer98
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by socmom97 10/27/2010, 10:34 am

I can't believe all the whining about the make-up games. Last year my sons team played a game the day before Thanksgiving. It was a game that had been rescheduled 4 times due to rain. The year before I remember the U15 teams playing well into December. The league does the best job they can. Yes the 13th & 14th is available for rainouts. But I bet you that there are MANY teams already signed up for tournaments that weekend. The best resolution is the play the games when fields and times are available. With the weather ALWAYS an issue you don't know if games are going to be rained out again like this past weekend.

You all signed up for this. The league hasn't changed its policy about Football, Church, SAT, Spring Break or anything else you can come up with. I doubt that the scheduler sits there going how can I screw someones weekend/weeknight up. They have been doing this for a long time and I trust them that they have seen it all. If they feel like they need to schedule games during the week to get them played great. Because I know if your team was scheduled to travel out of town Nov 13th and your make up game is that weekend you would be the first one calling and complaining.

If any of you think you can do it better then step up and VOLUNTEER your time to serve as a commissioner or board member. Until then stop Whining.....
socmom97
socmom97
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheSurface 10/27/2010, 11:13 am

So, you are essentially saying that we have signed up to play Classic League games:
- at any time of day
- on any day of the week
- at a moments notice
- regardless of any conflict whatsoever
- with no recourse and zero chance of compromise ($200 payment, board hearing required)

Just want to make sure I'm clear on what you believe is reasonable.

OnTheSurface
OnTheSurface
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next