Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

99 Approaching mid-year. . . can teams add players? - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

99 Approaching mid-year. . . can teams add players?

+10
finish1
soccerrus2
Axxman
dr.evil
omega striker
ontherightside
chasematt
Freeatlast
clueless
soccertimes3
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

99 Approaching mid-year. . . can teams add players? - Page 2 Empty Re: 99 Approaching mid-year. . . can teams add players?

Post by soccertimes3 1/1/2011, 3:49 pm

Has there been much movement in the 99 age group? Now that it is January can kids still be signed, or changed to different rosters?

I'm also going to pose my question of parental influence on teams. Is there power over coaches on some teams?

soccertimes3
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

99 Approaching mid-year. . . can teams add players? - Page 2 Empty Re: 99 Approaching mid-year. . . can teams add players?

Post by omega striker 1/1/2011, 4:10 pm

soccertimes3 wrote:Has there been much movement in the 99 age group? Now that it is January can kids still be signed, or changed to different rosters?

I'm also going to pose my question of parental influence on teams. Is there power over coaches on some teams?
yes,yes,and damn straight! Cool
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by soccertimes3 1/1/2011, 4:56 pm

care to elaborate?

soccertimes3
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 1/1/2011, 6:12 pm

I will. You are the customer, the coach is a contractor you have hired and entrusted him with your child. He is the employee, you are the boss. I never could understand parents that let coaches walk all over them.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 1/1/2011, 6:21 pm

my2cents wrote:I will. You are the customer, the coach is a contractor you have hired and entrusted him with your child. He is the employee, you are the boss. I never could understand parents that let coaches walk all over them.
well said! cheers
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/2/2011, 7:05 pm

We definitely have parents that have way too much influence on our coach. Makes less respect for the coach because he is not his own man. Are there coaches that are good at coaching and make their own decisions? Please give names so we know where to look!

Back to top Go down

Post by CLUB31 1/2/2011, 7:30 pm

You and whatever parent has exactly the amount of influence in direct correlation to how talented your kid is at the great game. If you hear anything else it's a lie.

CLUB31
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/3/2011, 8:34 am

I've been told that extra $ influences...that's not skill, that's purchasing playtime. Not certain if the coach needs the money or is so impressed with it that it influences, but it definitely is not only skill.

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 1/3/2011, 8:53 am

whyme wrote:I've been told that extra $ influences...that's not skill, that's purchasing playtime. Not certain if the coach needs the money or is so impressed with it that it influences, but it definitely is not only skill.
it's a business bro and thats the main problem here which nobody(especially the clubs) want to be discussed anywhere especially on this site! we the parents are the "consumer" but the problem is very few are looking to what can improve our children in this beautiful game but more like "oh my kid plays on the top D1 team or the#2 or #3 team" etc.... the talk about oh this coach is great this or that and then bam the following year(rumoring how bad the last coach was) their with another team ranting about the next coach! this is nothing new just NTX soccer hell probably US soccer?from my own personal experience I like to give every coach my BB has had a chance and fortunatly he has had all really good ones and he has learned from each and every one of them some more then others his main issues is he is a tank built turtle lol!!!! now this is something he obviously has to work on to improve on as a player to move on to the next level of his NTX soccer career but we know where we stand and I would NEVER...pay anymore then I have to,play the politics,make package deals and most of kiss ass! I'm at a breaking point with all this crap and about to let it all go my money can be used best elsewhere in my household! tongue
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by CLUB31 1/3/2011, 9:27 am

Omega- you sound bitter. Maybe you read to much into all the crap. It's like that in any other sport your kid might play unless he goes to an individual sport like tennis or golf. I would just say let your kid play somewhere where he feels comfortable and don't get caught up in all the b.s which is everywhere in every team sport. 95% of the kids will make their way in due time based on their ability. Also, most will find the skill over time and a coach that fits them. Also, kissing ass and package deals will not help anyones son/daughter when they get on the pitch. They still have to play and produce. Nine times out of ten people that complain are the ones that are having their kid play at a level they can't handle.

CLUB31
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 1/3/2011, 9:39 am

CLUB31 wrote:Omega- you sound bitter. Maybe you read to much into all the crap. It's like that in any other sport your kid might play unless he goes to an individual sport like tennis or golf. I would just say let your kid play somewhere where he feels comfortable and don't get caught up in all the b.s which is everywhere in every team sport. 95% of the kids will make their way in due time based on their ability. Also, most will find the skill over time and a coach that fits them. Also, kissing ass and package deals will not help anyones son/daughter when they get on the pitch. They still have to play and produce. Nine times out of ten people that complain are the ones that are having their kid play at a level they can't handle.
hell yea I'm bitter!!! I still have to pay for this crap lol! mainly i'm just frustrated and giving up hope trying to find my BB his "fit" lol!
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 1/3/2011, 9:42 am

CLUB31 wrote:Omega- you sound bitter. Maybe you read to much into all the crap. It's like that in any other sport your kid might play unless he goes to an individual sport like tennis or golf. I would just say let your kid play somewhere where he feels comfortable and don't get caught up in all the b.s which is everywhere in every team sport. 95% of the kids will make their way in due time based on their ability. Also, most will find the skill over time and a coach that fits them. Also, kissing ass and package deals will not help anyones son/daughter when they get on the pitch. They still have to play and produce. Nine times out of ten people that complain are the ones that are having their kid play at a level they can't handle.
yea your right I also have him doing Boxing and MMA so it doesn't get much more of an individual sport than that lmao! affraid
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/3/2011, 12:35 pm

You are correct Club, those package deals, ass kissing, and extra money doesnt make the kids better on the pitch. Thats the frustration! Those kids get Play time no matter how badly they play. My bb earns his time, and does get it, but when the other players lose the ball, those extra influences hurt all the kids on the team especially when the quiet bench warmer is tons better than the rich kid.

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 1/3/2011, 3:09 pm

whyme wrote:You are correct Club, those package deals, ass kissing, and extra money doesnt make the kids better on the pitch. Thats the frustration! Those kids get Play time no matter how badly they play. My bb earns his time, and does get it, but when the other players lose the ball, those extra influences hurt all the kids on the team especially when the quiet bench warmer is tons better than the rich kid.
amen!!!! cheers
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by RatFink 1/3/2011, 3:38 pm

If you don't like the situation you are in you either need to get out of it and find greener pastures, or you need to come to the realization that your bb is perhaps not as good as "you" think he is or will be. Stop whining like little girls and do something about it or try something different. Just make sure there is a forum for whatever else you try, cause I'm sure it will be the same there.

RatFink
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 1/3/2011, 5:58 pm

RatFink wrote:If you don't like the situation you are in you either need to get out of it and find greener pastures, or you need to come to the realization that your bb is perhaps not as good as "you" think he is or will be. Stop whining like little girls and do something about it or try something different. Just make sure there is a forum for whatever else you try, cause I'm sure it will be the same there.
LMAO stinker your probably mucho correcto on this one! bom
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2