Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Top 5 and bottom 5 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Top 5 and bottom 5

+10
socmom3
Slakemoth
omega striker
Eight-Ball
rip
99srule
DadofDefense
CLUB31
NorthTXWildcat
Texas FC
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Top 5 and bottom 5 Empty Top 5 and bottom 5

Post by Texas FC 8/2/2009, 4:37 pm

After watching this weekends games, who would you place in the top 5 and who would you put in the bottom 5?
Texas FC
Texas FC
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Top 5 and bottom 5 Empty Re: Top 5 and bottom 5

Post by NorthTXWildcat 8/2/2009, 5:33 pm

DTS (Craft) No need to explain.
DTS (Hernandez) Should of been #2.
Solar (Passos) 4 goals in two games for the #2 seed?
Andromeda Red. I don't know? #4? Possible upset if FCD South brings it next weekend?
FCD (Suarez). Finally scoring goals w/ a good defense play.
FW FC (Cates) Stepping up so far. Good to see a team from Ft. Worth represent.
Tx Gunners. Good athletes that need better conditioning. I bet you half of their team are three sport athletes.
Solar (Crawford) No speed. Good skills.
CD Chivas. (Oak Cliff)
Comets Blue.
IMO lol!
NorthTXWildcat
NorthTXWildcat
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CLUB31 8/2/2009, 5:42 pm

Agree with that top 10 list. The only brackets that are up in the air so to speak are brackets H,I and J. Most thought that was the toss up brackets. The best one to come by far after seeing games and hearing about the games is the Gunners/Comets game. Both of those teams are very good. Gunners have better athletes and the Comets have better soccer players.

CLUB31
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DadofDefense 8/2/2009, 6:17 pm

OK, who (if any) surprise you ------ good or bad?
DadofDefense
DadofDefense
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthTXWildcat 8/2/2009, 6:46 pm

Solar Red. Suprise me bad. Crying or Very sad
FWFC. Suprise me good. Very Happy
Andromeda Red. Suprise me bad. Rolling Eyes Thought they would blowing out some of the acronym teams?
FCD Suarez. Suprise me good. Smile They have always had good defense, but couldn't score. They seem to be scoring goals so far. I don' want to jinx them. Two more games to play.
FCD Blue (Rhine) Suprise me bad. Crying or Very sad Lost to United 99.
DTS Tarrant (Rodriguez). Suprise me good. Very Happy Gave Solar all they had. Looking good in points going into next weekend. Right in the middle of the pack. Can make a puch for D 1?
NorthTXWildcat
NorthTXWildcat
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DadofDefense 8/2/2009, 7:31 pm

I asked because I looked at the rankings on another thread and compared it against points thusfar. The teams ranked 43, 44, and 45 are hanging in there despite their rankings. They should make round two. Dont really know what it means in the long run though.
#43 - NTx Strikers - 3 games, 17 points
#44 - DFW Tornadoes White - 3 games, 20 points
#45 - Texas Titans Waco - 3 games, 19 points
DadofDefense
DadofDefense
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 99srule 8/2/2009, 8:52 pm

not sure I can be suprised until next weekend. With the cancellations on Saturday, the top seeds are beating up on the lower seeds on Sunday - the suprises may come next week when the top seeds in each bracket play the second seeds.
Texans, DTS and Solar are winning games they are supposed to win, but looking really good doing it. Andromeda Red having OK wins, not ugly, but not that impressive either. Solar Red and FCD having ugly wins against low seeded teams.
The real disappointment to me is Solar Red - I thought they would dominate in their bracket.

99srule
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rip 8/2/2009, 9:00 pm

99srule wrote:not sure I can be suprised until next weekend. With the cancellations on Saturday, the top seeds are beating up on the lower seeds on Sunday - the suprises may come next week when the top seeds in each bracket play the second seeds.
Texans, DTS and Solar are winning games they are supposed to win, but looking really good doing it. Andromeda Red having OK wins, not ugly, but not that impressive either. Solar Red and FCD having ugly wins against low seeded teams.
The real disappointment to me is Solar Red - I thought they would dominate in their bracket.
The #1s definitely took care of business this weekend outscoring the have-not's 109-1 on the way to notching 20 W's!
rip
rip
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 99srule 8/2/2009, 9:07 pm

forgot to answer your question.
Dallas Texans (Craft)
DTS (Hernandez)
Solar Red (Passos)
Andromeda Red / Solar (even)
After the top five its Comets, Gunners, Chivas, FCD and FWFC

99srule
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 99srule 8/2/2009, 9:21 pm

rip wrote:
99srule wrote:not sure I can be suprised until next weekend. With the cancellations on Saturday, the top seeds are beating up on the lower seeds on Sunday - the suprises may come next week when the top seeds in each bracket play the second seeds.
The #1s definitely took care of business this weekend outscoring the have-not's 109-1 on the way to notching 20 W's!
wow - the only #1 to get scored on was ASG.

Next Saturday should be fun and Sunday even better. Looks like every #1 at least a mathematical chance of having to play on Sunday!

99srule
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Eight-Ball 8/3/2009, 5:46 am

rip wrote:
Rip, you seem to understand how this works. Can you confirm this is what happens on Saturday afternoon after the last games are played:

• All ten bracket winners are qualified for Classic D1 (10 teams)
  • All teams at the bottom of brackets C - J are eliminated (8 teams)
  • The teams that finished 2nd, 3rd and 4th across all brackets are reseeded for Sundays games (30 teams)
  • Sundays games determine the remaining 10 teams that go to D1, ten teams that go to D2 and 10 teams that are eliminated.
  • Grand totals 20 teams in D1, 10 teams in D2 and 18 teams eliminated.

Assuming that is true, how does round two work - Round II bracket winners advance or is it a pure points system after the last games on Sunday?

Eight-Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rip 8/3/2009, 6:30 am

Eight-Ball wrote:
rip wrote:
Rip, you seem to understand how this works. Can you confirm this is what happens on Saturday afternoon after the last games are played:

• All ten bracket winners are qualified for Classic D1 (10 teams)
  • All teams at the bottom of brackets C - J are eliminated (8 teams)
  • The teams that finished 2nd, 3rd and 4th across all brackets are reseeded for Sundays games (30 teams)
  • Sundays games determine the remaining 10 teams that go to D1, ten teams that go to D2 and 10 teams that are eliminated.
  • Grand totals 20 teams in D1, 10 teams in D2 and 18 teams eliminated.

Assuming that is true, how does round two work - Round II bracket winners advance or is it a pure points system after the last games on Sunday?
You nailed the bullet list.

As for Round 2, there will be 10 groups of 3 teams. The 10 group winners will make D1. The 10 group runners-up will make D2. The 10 group last place finishers do not qualify for CL.
rip
rip
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 8/3/2009, 7:30 am

have you watche the Solar Red games? the game with Boca was well controlled by SR the entire game with Boca getting zero shots on goal and missing alot of shots on goal themselves! they game with FCD Gold which by the way is no way a 39th ranked team they should have bocas rank at least! SR controlled that game and never ever were in any danger their passing and ball possesion is right up there with DT. now for the people who said FCD(suarez) would struggle? not once in either game did they struggle just like SR they had some trouble finding the back of the net but eventually found it especially against Necaxa! so for the people that picked Athletico to take that bracket are probably not so confident now!

Last edited by omega striker on 8/3/2009, 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by DadofDefense 8/3/2009, 7:59 am

I got another ? for RIP or anybody else that knows.
When the teams are reseeded and placed in brackets for round two, do they play two games against the teams in their bracket? Or do they play three games against teams in another bracket?
DadofDefense
DadofDefense
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Slakemoth 8/3/2009, 8:05 am

Looks like 2 games....

From the tournament "playing format"...

The 30 teams in Round II (second weekend of play) will be re-seeded (at
the League's sole discretion) into 10 brackets of 3 teams. Each team
will play the other 2 teams in its bracket. At the completion of Round
II, the top team in each bracket will qualify for Division I, the 2nd
place teams will qualify for Division II, and the teams in3rd place
will be eliminated from consideration
Slakemoth
Slakemoth
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Eight-Ball 8/3/2009, 9:23 am

omega striker wrote:
have you watche the Solar Red games? the game with Boca was well controlled by SR the entire game with Boca getting zero shots on goal and missing alot of shots on goal themselves! they game with FCD Gold which by the way is no way a 39th ranked team they should have bocas rank at least! SR controlled that game and never ever were in any danger their passing and ball possesion is right up there with DT. now for the people who said FCD(suarez) would struggle? not once in either game did they struggle just like SR they had some trouble finding the back of the net but eventually found it especially against Necaxa! so for the people that picked Athletico to take that bracket are probably not so confident now!
In other words, they did exactly what a top seed should do against a lower seed. I agree with whoever said this weekend's games proved nothing in most brackets and next weekend is when the fun begins. It actually turns out much better this way, every team knows what is on the line in every game - the competive games should be at the end and with hopefully better weather.
Good luck to all!

Eight-Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 8/3/2009, 9:32 am

Eight-Ball wrote:
omega striker wrote:
In other words, they did exactly what a top seed should do against a lower seed. I agree with whoever said this weekend's games proved nothing in most brackets and next weekend is when the fun begins. It actually turns out much better this way, every team knows what is on the line in every game - the competive games should be at the end and with hopefully better weather.
Good luck to all!
this is so true! wet fields can make crazy things happen! hope to have great "dry" weather and like you said ALL these teams know what on the line!
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by socmom3 8/3/2009, 9:42 am

omega striker wrote:
Eight-Ball wrote:
omega striker wrote:
Good luck to all!
this is so true! wet fields can make crazy things happen! hope to have great "dry" weather and like you said ALL these teams know what on the line!

We certainly won't have the rainy, wet weather next weekend....but triple digit temperatures will make a difference and the well-conditioned teams will have the advantage...100+ temperatures will make it interesting... bom
socmom3
socmom3
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DadofDefense 8/3/2009, 10:13 am

Thanks Slakemoth --- I shoulda looked.
DadofDefense
DadofDefense
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 8/6/2009, 1:39 pm

Lets hear some predictions on the Solar Red vs. Liverpool game this Saturday. Did anyone watch Liverpool play, how do they look and do they have a chance against Solar Red? Heard Solar Red was a little rusty, could there be an upset in the brewing?

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 8/6/2009, 2:42 pm

Axxman wrote:Lets hear some predictions on the Solar Red vs. Liverpool game this Saturday. Did anyone watch Liverpool play, how do they look and do they have a chance against Solar Red? Heard Solar Red was a little rusty, could there be an upset in the brewing?
Unless Liverpool picked up some more solid players since mid-June, then I think Solar will prevail. Saw both teams play sometime in May/June, but a lot could have happened since then.
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rip 8/6/2009, 3:09 pm

Axxman wrote:Lets hear some predictions on the Solar Red vs. Liverpool game this Saturday. Did anyone watch Liverpool play, how do they look and do they have a chance against Solar Red? Heard Solar Red was a little rusty, could there be an upset in the brewing?
Solar Red will dominate Liverpool throughout and win in their standard, convincing fashion 1-0.
rip
rip
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 8/6/2009, 8:55 pm

rip wrote:
Solar Red will dominate Liverpool throughout and win in their standard, convincing fashion 1-0.
yea probably especially if there is another monsoon or blizzard, otherwise it will probably be more! hey I wonder how gunners will fare against Tx Titans and Comets Blue( solid and proven teams) seeing how they whooped on FCD black(a brand new put together right before signing team) who ranked near dead last at an amazing 1-0 ? it will be interesting to say the least!

I am really waiting to see how FCD blue and Barcelona end up doing?
once again good luck to all! cheers
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by soctalk 8/6/2009, 9:27 pm

Looking at the standings and schedule on the website, anyone know what happened to Dallas Texans 99B White (Franklin)? None of their scores are up there now and they don't have any points listed. Crying or Very sad

soctalk
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CLUB31 8/6/2009, 9:41 pm

wow, did the Dallas Texan(white) just fold. They did get beat by the Gunners and Comets by a combined score of about 20-0. I didn't think they would just quit though.

CLUB31
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum