Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

04 Boys - Page 15 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

04 Boys

+56
refhec53
Chelsea East
my2cents
okbug
Offside
manuforu
ontherightside
soccerpuke
ShastaTx
passionforsoccer
mcgill
FCdad
stangs
kbforty8
The German
Axxman
ThiefCatcher
omega striker
cowpukesfan
go99
elnino
tmooney
yellowboots
kickrz
mommyof2
Number13
soccer101
Oski
Maradona
David Villa
donotquestion
soccerrus2
CincoB
Crochet
jjohns
pitchboy
Ibystander
finish1
MEXICALI
soccerjunkie
whatthe
Socialsoccer
Sprint
allen04
lucky3
WRG
bunited
SDadX2
threesoccermom
trblmkr
Tequilapark
FCcancel
t5house
Soccer27
Ochocinco
4theluvofthegame
60 posters

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

04 Boys - Page 15 Empty Re: 04 Boys

Post by SDadX2 7/20/2011, 5:21 pm

Sprint wrote:Where are your kids 04 teams playing this Fall? My son plays for Odyssey and I anticipate we will play Primetime again, but have not heard just yet.

What about:

1. Texans Arturo
2. Solar Farley
3. Solar Red
4. Dynamo
5. Solar Kennington?

Any word on these teams or others for the Fall Season?

Solar Red is currently registered in SDL for Fall. This is where we thought the top teams from Dallas would register.

SDadX2
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 4theluvofthegame 7/20/2011, 6:43 pm

SDadX2 wrote:
Sprint wrote:Where are your kids 04 teams playing this Fall? My son plays for Odyssey and I anticipate we will play Primetime again, but have not heard just yet.

What about:

1. Texans Arturo
2. Solar Farley
3. Solar Red
4. Dynamo
5. Solar Kennington?

Solar Red is currently registered in SDL for Fall. This is where we thought the top teams from Dallas would register.

When I talked to Farley this week (he is doing an evaluation of my BB) he said they were looking at either SDL or EAL and working with all the top teams to figure out where to go.

Also a friend of mine that recently left solar kennintom said that team is losing lots of kids and they were down to 4 players. If that is true not sure they will be playing in any fall leagues.

4theluvofthegame
4theluvofthegame
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Chelsea East 7/20/2011, 9:41 pm

4theluvofthegame wrote:
SDadX2 wrote:

What about:

1. Texans Arturo
2. Solar Farley
3. Solar Red
4. Dynamo
5. Solar Kennington?

When I talked to Farley this week (he is doing an evaluation of my BB) he said they were looking at either SDL or EAL and working with all the top teams to figure out where to go.

Also a friend of mine that recently left solar kennintom said that team is losing lots of kids and they were down to 4 players. If that is true not sure they will be playing in any fall leagues.

DOES EAL HAVE GOOD TEAMS.I AM LOOKING FOR A LEAGUE WITH GOOD TEAMS
Chelsea East
Chelsea East
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bunited 7/20/2011, 11:12 pm

Okay, first? The CAPS LOCK key is the one on the left-hand side of your keyboard. Push it.

Second, Coach Farley (Solar) and several other coaches and managers from this age group's top teams at present are currently mulling over a move from SDL to EAL for several different reasons. I would say that at the point at which that happens (if it does), EAL would be your best option. If they remain at SDL, that league would most likely remain the most competitive.
bunited
bunited
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Chelsea East 7/20/2011, 11:23 pm

bunited wrote:Okay, first? The CAPS LOCK key is the one on the left-hand side of your keyboard. Push it.

Second, Coach Farley (Solar) and several other coaches and managers from this age group's top teams at present are currently mulling over a move from SDL to EAL for several different reasons. I would say that at the point at which that happens (if it does), EAL would be your best option. If they remain at SDL, that league would most likely remain the most competitive.
thankyou
Chelsea East
Chelsea East
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 4theluvofthegame 7/21/2011, 1:57 am

jc75228 wrote:
bunited wrote:Okay, first? The CAPS LOCK key is the one on the left-hand side of your keyboard. Push it.

thankyou

Jc

To be honest when Farley said eal I had no clue and had never heard of it (I had to google it Sad
4theluvofthegame
4theluvofthegame
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by refhec53 7/21/2011, 9:04 am

allen04 wrote:I was hoping the Plano Labor Day tournament would include U8's; but it doesn't. Even checked previous year results and didn't see any U8's playing up in the tournament.

Allen04,

The Arlington Labor Day Shootout will have U7 & U8 divisions for their tournament this year. Here is the link if you need more info:

http://www.arlingtonsoccer.org/2010.aspx
refhec53
refhec53
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SDadX2 7/21/2011, 9:05 am

jc75228 wrote:
4theluvofthegame wrote:
SDadX2 wrote:

What about:

1. Texans Arturo
2. Solar Farley
3. Solar Red
4. Dynamo
5. Solar Kennington?

DOES EAL HAVE GOOD TEAMS.I AM LOOKING FOR A LEAGUE WITH GOOD TEAMS
What team are you associated with?

SDadX2
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by allen04 7/21/2011, 10:16 am

Where are your kids 04 teams playing this Fall?

sdl is out, headed with the rest to EAL.

And thanks for the info refhec53.

Edit to change response.

Last edited by allen04 on 7/31/2011, 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
allen04
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SDadX2 7/26/2011, 2:28 pm

allen04 wrote:I was hoping the Plano Labor Day tournament would include U8's; but it doesn't. Even checked previous year results and didn't see any U8's playing up in the tournament.

Check again. Plano Labor Day does include U8's. Solar Red will be playing in it. Anyone else?

SDadX2
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by allen04 7/27/2011, 9:59 am

Check again.

Glad they added it.
allen04
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdude10 8/16/2011, 11:51 am

Liverpool Reina will be playing in the tournament

soccerdude10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bunited 8/16/2011, 2:28 pm

Leite United is in.
bunited
bunited
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ricky jones 8/17/2011, 7:06 am

Liverpool Souness is playing as well.
ricky jones
ricky jones
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by t5house 8/18/2011, 11:14 am

I have an 04 looking to guest play in the Plano Labor Day, anyone interested?

t5house
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 8/18/2011, 11:36 am

t5house wrote:I have an 04 looking to guest play in the Plano Labor Day, anyone interested?

Can you have guest players in the U8 age group at Plano? The general information from the website does not have a number listed for allowable guest players. That may mean unlimited, I just dont know.

I also have an 04 who is looking to guest with a team for the plano labor day. If any teams need an extra player, please send a PM.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by bunited 8/18/2011, 11:47 am

Generally speaking, in tournaments there are no academy guest players. This is because, unlike select, there is no set North Texas/Classic League/Plano/Arlington roster. New kid wants to play? Just put 'em on your roster and collect the appropriate information. Totally different from select. You just can't exceed your max roster allowed.
bunited
bunited
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 8/18/2011, 11:53 am

bunited wrote:Generally speaking, in tournaments there are no academy guest players. This is because, unlike select, there is no set North Texas/Classic League/Plano/Arlington roster. New kid wants to play? Just put 'em on your roster and collect the appropriate information. Totally different from select. You just can't exceed your max roster allowed.

Great, thanks. Now to find a team that needs a guest....

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by t5house 8/18/2011, 11:54 am

Anyone know what 04s are in this one. Any team list?

t5house
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 8/18/2011, 12:07 pm

bunited wrote:Generally speaking, in tournaments there are no academy guest players. This is because, unlike select, there is no set North Texas/Classic League/Plano/Arlington roster. New kid wants to play? Just put 'em on your roster and collect the appropriate information. Totally different from select. You just can't exceed your max roster allowed.

If you register under USClubSoccer you in theory need guest player forms for Academy. If you go NTSSA, then you just need the appropriate forms and allow yourselves to get pantsed by the association fees. At least that was my impression.

If anybody knows specifics would be great to know as I'm expecting to either have to
(a) hustle for USCS player cards and loan forms
(b) write KSA a huge check to sign these forms

Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 8/18/2011, 1:03 pm

Last I knew KSA and most others got $35 for an academy registration. It may be higher now but no more than a regular rec registration fee. If you think that is getting pantsed then you better have smelling salts, oxygen and a defibrilater handy when select fees are explained to you. Laughing

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 8/18/2011, 1:27 pm

my2cents wrote:Last I knew KSA and most others got $35 for an academy registration. It may be higher now but no more than a regular rec registration fee. If you think that is getting pantsed then you better have smelling salts, oxygen and a defibrilater handy when select fees are explained to you. Laughing

haha. more concerned with my "constituents" than anything else. Its my impression that the select fee explanation can be simplified by just showing you a photo of some dude getting a colonoscopy.

First time it was explained to me the KSA fee was $75 (two seasons worth). Paying $1000 EXTRA just to play in this one tourney is a bit suboptimal, but I guess you can just pay the one season fee ($40) and get off for the low low price of $520 extra. No offense to the NTTSA folks and all, but the Nigerians could learn a lesson or two from them w.r.t. putting their hands in your pockets. Since USCS does SDL and PTS anyhow, that seems like the way to go. Just have to get the USCS cards and loan forms. If we go to this and get smoked will be a bit annoyed at myself for signing up prior to knowing head from ass.

peace.

Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bunited 8/18/2011, 9:38 pm

Number13 wrote:

If you register under USClubSoccer you in theory need guest player forms for Academy. If you go NTSSA, then you just need the appropriate forms and allow yourselves to get pantsed by the association fees. At least that was my impression.

If anybody knows specifics would be great to know as I'm expecting to either have to

Select age teams have fixed/frozen rosters that need to be turned in to tournament officials. These are rosters that are set in stone (with the exception of a couple of times a year) and signed by the registrar of your home association. That is where a guest player comes in; they don't regularly reside on your team, so they are guests. They need a medical release and guest player release from their current team, if they have one.

There is no such animal when you are academy because there is no set, year-long roster that you have to abide by; it is very fluid. A USCS form? Yes. One that requires you PERSONALLY to register your child with a home association, not your whole team, as in the case of select.

As for that Academy Player Reg Form for PLD, so far we have not been told we need it for U8. Now that could be because they have not updated their standard checklist that they use every year, and then again maybe we will just get lucky and fly under the radar like we should at this age. I personally would not mind it at all if NTX could keep their hands out of pockets just once ...
bunited
bunited
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by enfuego849 8/18/2011, 10:52 pm

My 04 wants to guest play in the PLD. Any teams in need of players?

enfuego849
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 8/19/2011, 10:37 am

bunited wrote:
Number13 wrote:

Select age teams have fixed/frozen rosters that need to be turned in to tournament officials. These are rosters that are set in stone (with the exception of a couple of times a year) and signed by the registrar of your home association. That is where a guest player comes in; they don't regularly reside on your team, so they are guests. They need a medical release and guest player release from their current team, if they have one.

There is no such animal when you are academy because there is no set, year-long roster that you have to abide by; it is very fluid. A USCS form? Yes. One that requires you PERSONALLY to register your child with a home association, not your whole team, as in the case of select.

As for that Academy Player Reg Form for PLD, so far we have not been told we need it for U8. Now that could be because they have not updated their standard checklist that they use every year, and then again maybe we will just get lucky and fly under the radar like we should at this age. I personally would not mind it at all if NTX could keep their hands out of pockets just once ...

I aways find it interesting when people complain about writing a $40 check to the local all volunteer rec assocaition for the NTSSA registration. I find it strange that they are bothered about giving that to the program that tries to provide low cost soccer to all through the donation of thousands of hours of volunteer work. They do this after committing to pay hundreds or even thousands to a professional coach to teach their 8 or 9 year old!??????

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 8/19/2011, 11:01 am

my2cents wrote:
I aways find it interesting when people complain about writing a $40 check to the local all volunteer rec assocaition for the NTSSA registration. I find it strange that they are bothered about giving that to the program that tries to provide low cost soccer to all through the donation of thousands of hours of volunteer work. They do this after committing to pay hundreds or even thousands to a professional coach to teach their 8 or 9 year old!??????

Maybe I don't fully understand.

In this instance, it does not appear that my local association is providing anything here other than a signature. Yes, its commendable that people volunteer to make rec soccer work in our neighborhoods. That is unchallenged. Kudos to those folks. But for those of us not playing rec soccer....my name is Paul, and that is between y'all. The soccer tourney goes on with or without KSA or whomever happens to be my local association. This is a tax on Academy kids (who aren't in the rec program) so that the rec program is more affordable. You are paying a $1000 already, what is another $40?

Thats basically the rationale for raising federal taxes ad infinitum.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next