Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Ayses Soccer Club Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Ayses Soccer Club

+25
cccaptain
alibil
dudemon
scrdad
Laimport
go99
soccergrinder
puhlease
drsoccer
jack0fspeed
Prism
starbuck
txsnowman
futbolnutt
M Patient
OB1
soccerrus2
musaisaya
TheFarPost
Seinfeld4
MyBigToeHurts
soccermom97b
Freeatlast
wahbs
Soccernovice
29 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ayses Soccer Club Empty Ayses Soccer Club

Post by Guest 3/14/2011, 12:52 pm

I read a lot about the big name clubs in this area but do not see much about Ayses. Does anyone have a kid that plays for them and what are your experiences? Do they get teams into the big tournaments, Dallas Classic etc..?

Do their kids get looked at by coaches like the Solar, Texans, and FC Dallas clubs?

Anyone have good or bad experiences with kids coming up through academy and going select with them?

Back to top Go down

Ayses Soccer Club Empty Re: Ayses Soccer Club

Post by Soccernovice 3/14/2011, 7:37 pm

AYSES is excellent club placed many players on DI, DII, and DIII college soccer teams who were interested in playing college soccer some turned down soccer scholarships. The 91's were the first group to go from academy to college they were state champions two years had many other honors. The AYSES 92's followed similar route as 91's won DI two years and state cup with other honors. Both teams played in Dallas Cup multiple years and many showcases including Disney Showcase. The next team to follow this tradition is the AYSES 94 Gold team with many players starting pre-select in academy and focusing on technical development some played on Plano AYSES Black team through U-15 others played in DI/DII on AYSES Gold team which is now U-17 and 3rd place in DI after fall season. They are going to college showcases expect to play in Dallas Cup, Premier League next year, have goal to win state cup against some really good competition, and place players who are interested in playing college soccer on DI, DII, and DIII teams. We had SMU, Harvard, University of South Florida, and many other coaches watching the AYSES 94 team play this week-end in FC Dallas College Showcase and prior to that in other showcases Wake Forest coach and others very interested in some of our players. This was the 2nd time the USF coach watched our team play one of the reasons SMU, USF, and others show up because our 91 players developed good reputation in college and word spreads plus the coaches loves to watch our possession style of play. That is why SMU coach came to our game first thing this last Saturday morning. In summary, AYSES does focus on long-term player development is patient and will develop most players who stick with the program to be a DI level player by U-17 when it is important for showcasing. You can play in Plano II when your young or DI it really doesn't matter there are a few soccer stars but once puberty kicks in and you have a properly developed player they will thrive on a team that plays technical soccer. One caution. Your son may want to target colleges that play possession style soccer for them to have the most fun playing soccer at that level. There are some colleges that have big, strong athletic players that play horrible kick ball soccer.

AYSES has been a great experience for the 91's, 92's, and 94's. There have been mistakes made in terms of failed club mergers and some teams have blown up over the years. I know those families may not have had as positive experience as we have. In general, stick with a good coach that is teaching your kid technical skills and expecting them to use those skills in a game situation. AYSES expects that of its coaches. It should provide a good environment for your son/daughter to develop.

What is most important is does your child like going to practice and like their team and coach. If they got that and are getting proper training in good environment why go somewhere else.

Lastly, many clubs do not emphasize a possession style of play like AYSES. The possession style is what Italy, Spain, Africa, South America, Mexico, etc. plays at professional level. Some EPL teams like Arsenal are very technical. That is a good skill to teach your child a love for the great game of soccer and to be able to play the same style as Messi, Xavi, Ronaldo, Arshavin, etc.
Soccernovice
Soccernovice
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by wahbs 3/14/2011, 11:34 pm

I do not know about the older Ayses teams, but the 98B team is exactly as described by Soccernovice. They are very technically sound and play a great brand of possession soccer. I do not have a son that plays with them (they are our competition), so I cannot speak to practice experiences, but as a competitor, we have been extremely impressed with their team.

wahbs
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeatlast 3/14/2011, 11:50 pm

wahbs wrote:I do not know about the older Ayses teams, but the 98B team is exactly as described by Soccernovice. They are very technically sound and play a great brand of possession soccer. I do not have a son that plays with them (they are our competition), so I cannot speak to practice experiences, but as a competitor, we have been extremely impressed with their team.

Which Ayses 98B team?

Freeatlast
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by wahbs 3/14/2011, 11:53 pm

AYSES 98B GOLD (OBARA)

They are near the top of D2.

wahbs
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccernovice 3/15/2011, 12:58 am

If you go watch the 99 AYSES Gold team in Plano I they play the same style as the 94 and 98 team. The 99's have great parents and there are two teams in Plano. Some day these players will be in DI hopefully with AYSES program they will progress to DI as team.

There are not alot of parents who select a soccer coach and team based on technical development of their player. You can not play possession soccer unless you have proper technical training and skills. Some players can join in later years and adjust but we do have some teams struggle when they pick up new players from other clubs and they players can not trap the ball and pass it, lack field awareness and vision and how to move and play in space together with a team.

The AYSES 98's have worked their way up the ladder starting in either Plano or DIII. They did not get the pick of the litter in terms of bigger, stronger, faster players like some DI teams. In a few years with patience and further development they will be competing evenly with those teams routinely.
Soccernovice
Soccernovice
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom97b 3/15/2011, 9:05 am

Our team is no longer with the AYSES club, but I will attest to what SoccerNovice says as well with their possession style of play.

When my son was U11, we were at an indoor game and an AYSES team was playing before us. My husband immediately impressed with the possession style soccer they played...even though they lost the game. My husband approached the coach after the game and told him he wass impressed with his team's ball movement...we guested with them a couple of weeks later and have been with the team ever since.

On the other hand, as a team manager, my experience with AYSES administration didn't quite meet my expectations. I believe the club has new leadership now since they left the Longhorns so maybe things are different.

They have a top notch facility for sure...maybe a little out of the way depending on where you live but still one of the nicest in the area.

soccermom97b
soccermom97b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MyBigToeHurts 3/15/2011, 9:42 am

"The AYSES 98's have worked their way up the ladder starting in either Plano or DIII. They did not get the pick of the litter in terms of bigger, stronger, faster players like some DI teams. In a few years with patience and further development they will be competing evenly with those teams routinely."
Obara's 98 may play "AYSES" style soccer, but it is less due to player development and more to do with careful year round recruiting. This team is not at all the same team that started out in the academy years. After advancing from DIII to DII last year the coach shed half the team so he could fill out the roster with recruits his staff had benn collecting throughout the soccer year.

When soccernovice talks about patience and player development he is really only talking about the teams he coaches... All other AYSES coach develop/recruit as they see fit.
MyBigToeHurts
MyBigToeHurts
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom97b 3/15/2011, 9:45 am

MyBigToeHurts wrote:"

When soccernovice talks about patience and player development he is really only talking about the teams he coaches... All other AYSES coach develop/recruit as they see fit.

Novice isn't a coach...just a parent
soccermom97b
soccermom97b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seinfeld4 3/15/2011, 10:20 am

My son does not play for the Ayses.

I would agree that the 99 Boys Gold team is improving at an amazing rate. I believe they play the best soccer of any team in PPL. Their improvement indicates a focus on development and individual skills. I sought out the coach and manager after our game and let them know how impressed I was with how their boys played.
Seinfeld4
Seinfeld4
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by MyBigToeHurts 3/15/2011, 11:27 am

soccermom97b wrote:
MyBigToeHurts wrote:"

Novice isn't a coach...just a parent
yes, novice is also a parent.

Don't get me wrong, AYSES is a great club overall, I wish my sone was coached by their DOC. But I cringe when I see Obara's 98 held up as an example of the "AYSES way". If cutting 14 kids in 3 years is the "AYSES way, then I suggest it does not exhibit the patience that novice attributed to the "AYSES way".
MyBigToeHurts
MyBigToeHurts
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFarPost 3/16/2011, 1:14 am

Then why did one of the best players in the AYSES system leave for Solar U/18 Academy and get a deal from SMU!!!

It looks like players have to go to a bigger stage to realistically get recruited by top programs.

As for the 94s- Good luck at FC Showcase- Heard competition was weak and coaches were disappointed!

Coaches saw more at the 93/94 National Training Market on Friday night.

Very few get noticed or play D1 college if not playing in the USSF National Development Academy

TheFarPost
TheFarPost
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/16/2011, 10:31 am

TheFarPost, that is the kind of information I am looking for. So, it is your thought that unless your kid plays for one of the teams with an Academy team, they are losing out? I have no dog in the fight at this time, but just looking down the road, should my player come close to that standard.

I guess that leaves only four major clubs to play for.

Back to top Go down

Post by musaisaya 3/16/2011, 2:10 pm

Running wrote:TheFarPost, that is the kind of information I am looking for. So, it is your thought that unless your kid plays for one of the teams with an Academy team, they are losing out? I have no dog in the fight at this time, but just looking down the road, should my player come close to that standard.

It is unfortunate that people actually believe this stuff.

I know for a fact that colleges were interested in the AYSES player in question before he joined Solar. Many colleges were recruiting him when he was with AYSES. He only joined Solar his last year because he was a grade lower than the rest of the AYSES 92 players he was playing with as a result of his birth date, and AYSES did not have a 93 team for him to play for when the 92's graduated. The "big clubs" have always been interested in him for the last four years but he never wanted to play for them. He guest played with them a couple of times. He made a choice that he preferred AYSES to any other club, and that did not in any way hurt his college recruitment.

AYSES alumni players are playing for good colleges all over the country having been recruited directly from the club. The 94 Gold players are being looked at by some of the top colleges as we speak, and some of the players will play for those colleges if the coach thinks they are good enough.

You can believe what you want, but coaches will not recruit you just because you play for a big club. They will recruit you if they think you will help their program regardless of the club you play for. You are either good or not, and whatever club helps you get better as a player is who you need to play for.

The important thing is that your team plays showcase tournaments. There are many good showcase tournaments that attract top colleges from all over the country, and as long as your team plays in those tournaments and does well, you are ok as a player. The AYSES teams have played in showcase tournaments with academy teams and done well against them.

At the end of the day, you need to play for a club that will make you good enough for coaches to want to recruit you when you are ready to go to college. That means playing for a club that will develop you as a player, whatever that club may be.

musaisaya
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 3/16/2011, 3:06 pm

musaisaya wrote:
Running wrote:TheFarPost, that is the kind of information I am looking for. So, it is your thought that unless your kid plays for one of the teams with an Academy team, they are losing out? I have no dog in the fight at this time, but just looking down the road, should my player come close to that standard.

It is unfortunate that people actually believe this stuff.

I know for a fact that colleges were interested in the AYSES player in question before he joined Solar. Many colleges were recruiting him when he was with AYSES. He only joined Solar his last year because he was a grade lower than the rest of the AYSES 92 players he was playing with as a result of his birth date, and AYSES did not have a 93 team for him to play for when the 92's graduated. The "big clubs" have always been interested in him for the last four years but he never wanted to play for them. He guest played with them a couple of times. He made a choice that he preferred AYSES to any other club, and that did not in any way hurt his college recruitment.

AYSES alumni players are playing for good colleges all over the country having been recruited directly from the club. The 94 Gold players are being looked at by some of the top colleges as we speak, and some of the players will play for those colleges if the coach thinks they are good enough.

You can believe what you want, but coaches will not recruit you just because you play for a big club. They will recruit you if they think you will help their program regardless of the club you play for. You are either good or not, and whatever club helps you get better as a player is who you need to play for.

The important thing is that your team plays showcase tournaments. There are many good showcase tournaments that attract top colleges from all over the country, and as long as your team plays in those tournaments and does well, you are ok as a player. The AYSES teams have played in showcase tournaments with academy teams and done well against them.

At the end of the day, you need to play for a club that will make you good enough for coaches to want to recruit you when you are ready to go to college. That means playing for a club that will develop you as a player, whatever that club may be.

Prove it. Show the list of players accepted that played for AYSES since Academy started.

Nice new screen name and registration.

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFarPost 3/16/2011, 3:51 pm

Please don't get me wrong- AYSES is a great club and Sammy is a great coach.

But you will have to play in the Academy league to be taken serious. The only ones recruited that are not playing in Academy are in states that do not have Academy teams.
The level of competition is far superior than any classic league team. 99% of top players are in Academy now.
At the Phoenix Academy showcase we had 60-70 college coaches at each game.

This is my BBs 3rd year in Academy and its just a whole different environment.

Now the big problem is there is not much money in College soccer to hand out. Thats why Academics are huge for the potential college soccer player. You receive more scholarship money from Academics than Athletics. If players have similar skills and athleticism - the better grades gets the spot.

TheFarPost
TheFarPost
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccernovice 3/16/2011, 10:18 pm

The FarPost you wrong about quality of DA play and 99% of best players gone academy.

It is the player and quality of team play that impresses college coaches not the fact you are on a DA team. There are some DA teams that are not impressive. There are some club teams that look real good.

College coaches are giving TFC, AYSES, and Texans Red 94 players many looks.

I see DA players on DIII and NAIA college teams with other club players on current college rosters. Some will go to DI and DII teams with other club teams. If you are a Top 100 prospect, you will get more looks than the DA and club players.

Go look at freshmen on college men rosters and see where they are coming from club and DA.

Soccernovice
Soccernovice
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by OB1 3/17/2011, 2:34 am

wahbs wrote:AYSES 98B GOLD (OBARA)

They are near the top of D2.

Obara is one of the best skills coaches that I know. My son does not play on his team any more, but I can say that he has a very good style of soccer that is possession and based on skills. He will allow his players to express their creativity and use moves in games without yelling at them. My son improved dramatically under his coaching. His 98s play excellent soccer and Obara models his development under the Ajax method of development. i do not know much about AYSES other coaches but Obara is excellent and I could not suggest him enough. He is also a great guy and he studies soccer like no one I have ever seen. He has helped us a lot and I just want to give credit where credit is due.

OB1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MyBigToeHurts 3/17/2011, 7:48 am

if you have any doubts about Obara's coaching ability, just ask him about it. He will gladly tell you that he is the best North Texas has to offer.
MyBigToeHurts
MyBigToeHurts
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by M Patient 3/17/2011, 8:57 am

MyBigToeHurts wrote:if you have any doubts about Obara's coaching ability, just ask him about it. He will gladly tell you that he is the best North Texas has to offer.

Okay Big Toe, we get it. Your BB was cut from the team.

It's obvious that you wish he was still there so what was it, your BB was either not able to keep up with the advancement of the other boys or your son was a distraction/unmotivated?

Obara wouldn't have cut a motivated,hard working, skilled player scratch
M Patient
M Patient
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbolnutt 3/17/2011, 9:23 am

Just curious, because I have not heard of this coach, what are his accomplishments in Classic League? And how long did he train under AJAX to implement their development program?

futbolnutt
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 3/17/2011, 12:01 pm

Soccernovice wrote:The FarPost you wrong about quality of DA play and 99% of best players gone academy.

It is the player and quality of team play that impresses college coaches not the fact you are on a DA team. There are some DA teams that are not impressive. There are some club teams that look real good.

College coaches are giving TFC, AYSES, and Texans Red 94 players many looks.

I see DA players on DIII and NAIA college teams with other club players on current college rosters. Some will go to DI and DII teams with other club teams. If you are a Top 100 prospect, you will get more looks than the DA and club players.

Go look at freshmen on college men rosters and see where they are coming from club and DA.

Ok, I looked at the top 60 2012 boys (too much time to look up the rest). Pull out the U.S. Men's Residency boys, and there are only 2 non academy players.

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by txsnowman 3/17/2011, 12:20 pm

soccerrus2 wrote:Ok, I looked at the top 60 2012 boys (too much time to look up the rest). Pull out the U.S. Men's Residency boys, and there are only 2 non academy players.

I've been reading this thread for a while and thought I'd comment. Out of the 40 residency players 13 are from California, there are 3 from North Texas of which 2 are listed with DA teams and one with a professional team (FC Koln in Germany). If you look at the national team camps NTX players aren't really being chosen at a very high rate even though our teams are quite successful so read into that however you want. Reality is that most kids will not make the DA and of those that do...most of those kids will not ever have a chance at making the national team pool. Not agreeing or disagreeing with anything anyone has said, I'm just saying that it's not like we are filling up the national team with players from here. Find a coach you like and a program you are willing to invest in and then encourage your BB to work hard and that's all you can do. Just my 2 cents
txsnowman
txsnowman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by starbuck 3/17/2011, 1:51 pm

txsnowman wrote:
soccerrus2 wrote:Ok, I looked at the top 60 2012 boys (too much time to look up the rest). Pull out the U.S. Men's Residency boys, and there are only 2 non academy players.

I've been reading this thread for a while and thought I'd comment. Out of the 40 residency players 13 are from California, there are 3 from North Texas of which 2 are listed with DA teams and one with a professional team (FC Koln in Germany). If you look at the national team camps NTX players aren't really being chosen at a very high rate even though our teams are quite successful so read into that however you want. Reality is that most kids will not make the DA and of those that do...most of those kids will not ever have a chance at making the national team pool. Not agreeing or disagreeing with anything anyone has said, I'm just saying that it's not like we are filling up the national team with players from here. Find a coach you like and a program you are willing to invest in and then encourage your BB to work hard and that's all you can do. Just my 2 cents

Just so you know.......your use of facts and mature outlook on the situation are not welcome here. Laughing

starbuck
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by txsnowman 3/17/2011, 2:35 pm

starbuck wrote:
txsnowman wrote:

Just so you know.......your use of facts and mature outlook on the situation are not welcome here. Laughing

Maturity is highly overrated Very Happy Cool
txsnowman
txsnowman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next