Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Mark Snell - Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Mark Snell -

+21
Dadapica
clueless
P1er
2sgrm
turf-a-lot
my2cents
mplsnsg
hookem
anselansel
pass2space
plantit
FCdad
steamers12
FGFF
futbolnutt
go99
b0013
quickkick
abcdr
hammer
Freeatlast
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mark Snell - Empty Mark Snell -

Post by Guest 3/26/2011, 6:31 pm

post removed as requested..

Back to top Go down

Mark Snell - Empty Re: Mark Snell -

Post by Freeatlast 3/26/2011, 6:53 pm

who does he coach for?

Freeatlast
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by hammer 3/26/2011, 7:06 pm

Trust me, you are not the only one who thinks he's a jerk! There is a long line of players, parents & coaches who also feel the same. I've never met a man more despicable in my life. There's a lot of people who have the same story as you. He has no class and is a terrible leader for our young boys. Why anyone would want to play for this joker is beyond me.

hammer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by abcdr 3/26/2011, 7:08 pm

Who thinks he looks like Clyde the orangutan from Every Which Way But Loose when he claps over his head?????

abcdr
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by quickkick 3/26/2011, 7:29 pm

Last edited by quickkick on 3/28/2011, 6:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pointless if the original post was removed)

quickkick
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by b0013 3/26/2011, 7:50 pm

"""" Oh. And proper etiquette dictates not calling anyone out by their full name. That applys to players and coaches as well. """""

..players yes... paid coaches, no..
b0013
b0013
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by quickkick 3/26/2011, 7:58 pm

b0013 wrote: """" Oh. And proper etiquette dictates not calling anyone out by their full name. That applys to players and coaches as well. """""

Well then. Touche!

quickkick
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 3/26/2011, 9:33 pm

LOL he is a great skills coach for young kids and knows his stuff. BB played for him and I personally never had any problem with him but I know others have and he can be very rigid in his ways. I noticed you seem to share no responsibility for coaching from the sideline. I do know coaches that would just pull your kid from the game for it. No coach wants the parent coaching from the sideline so you were wrong also. Personally I don't need a new best friend or a second dad. I just need coaches to teach my kid to play the game, I will handle the rest. So your bb was snubbed and you come on and decide to vent. You are no longer playing for him, just let it go
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by futbolnutt 3/26/2011, 9:50 pm

So, why rant and call him out to read your post on this forum rather than call or email him? Or confront him with your issues today?

futbolnutt
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FGFF 3/26/2011, 9:53 pm

His response to coaching from the sidelines isn't harsh or improper. I haven't met a coach yet that likes this. If other coaches don't confront you about it, they are just being polite, but trust me they don't like it. For the record it is hard for me to hold back too so I know how you feel.

On the other hand, not shaking his hand like that after the game is weak though and not very mature. Especially considering he's just an '01. You would hope as an adult he would be a bigger man than that. Too bad. Sorry your son experienced that.

FGFF
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by steamers12 3/26/2011, 10:03 pm

So he's not for everyone. Calling him out on a forum is disrespectful as well. Don't care much for him either. Poor sport towards former players and never ever shakes hands with opposing teams. But in his defense , why are you instructing from the side? He may be telling your player something and your telling him something else. So you may be confusing the player. Relax, sit back and enjoy watching your kid and his skills. Or save yourself a few bucks and coach yourself. Sounds like you are good at giving instruction.
He does go over the top when someone invades the area he is training in but FCD does have several teams on one field. But should not argue with the other coaches in the club.

steamers12
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCdad 3/26/2011, 11:07 pm

b0013 wrote: """" Oh. And proper etiquette dictates not calling anyone out by their full name. That applys to players and coaches as well. """""

Give me a break. A paid coach that has an influence on our youth needs to be held accountable if he is a bad role model. I wouldn't let my kid play for him. He sounds like a real SOB.

FCdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 3/26/2011, 11:49 pm

As for coaching ur kid .. Encourage them but do not coach them..

As for Snell. If he is the coach that gave me a dirty look the other day ( at my sons practice ) cause I was jogging past his practice, off the feild of play and the play happen to come right at me . Then yes, He is a douch bag with small &enis syndrom.From the look I got, you would have thought I violated his wife. WELL!! excuse me for occupying the same zip code dik head. Thought my $2500 to FDC would at least bye some common courtesy and maybe a " shrug off " fake smile ".. If it wasn't him then another coach @ FCD needs to have a drink , Blow one , get laid and chill. Think he was working with the all important 04's or something.
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 3/27/2011, 12:16 am

FCdad wrote:

Give me a break. A paid coach that has an influence on our youth needs to be held accountable if he is a bad role model. I wouldn't let my kid play for him. He sounds like a real SOB.

We wouldn't have any coaches left if we were holding them accountable as role models. Give me a break. You guys need to get out more and find some friends and stop ex[ecting the coach to be one of them.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by FCdad 3/27/2011, 12:26 am

go99 wrote:
FCdad wrote:

We wouldn't have any coaches left if we were holding them accountable as role models. Give me a break. You guys need to get out more and find some friends and stop ex[ecting the coach to be one of them.

Wow, so you are saying every coach is a bad role model? I really have to disagree with you on that one. Some of us care about the people that influence our kids. I guess you don't. I don't want a coach that shows my son that it is OK to act like ass. I guess you think that is OK as long as he is he showing your son how to play soccer.

FCdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 3/27/2011, 12:34 am

go99 wrote:
FCdad wrote:

Although you know I respect your opinions Go. As much time as coaches spend with our kids and the time as well as monetary commitments we as familys make, I see nothing wrong with demanding at least a moral / positive influence . They are grown -ups playing an influencial role in our childrens lives . Lets not forget they still are children.

Lets turn the tide .. If your kid was at school and a teacher was berating them or others in front of your kid, would you say
" I need to find some friends " ? Or would you be down at the school saying what the "F" is your problem.. I say Our kids are worthy of respect, if they are tought to respect others. When Charles Barkley said " I am not a role model " he was right . He also never directly interacted with my kid.
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by pass2space 3/27/2011, 1:09 am

steamers12 wrote:So he's not for everyone. Calling him out on a forum is disrespectful as well. Don't care much for him either. Poor sport towards former players and never ever shakes hands with opposing teams. But in his defense , why are you instructing from the side? He may be telling your player something and your telling him something else. So you may be confusing the player. Relax, sit back and enjoy watching your kid and his skills. Or save yourself a few bucks and coach yourself. Sounds like you are good at giving instruction.
He does go over the top when someone invades the area he is training in but FCD does have several teams on one field. But should not argue with the other coaches in the club.

steamers, have to disagree with you on that comment. imo, sharing the good, bad, and ugly of every aspect of NTX Soccer is why most of us are here. calling out individual players by their names are off-limits but everything else -- clubs, coaches, leagues, tournaments, and parents are considered open season. the challenging part is always separating the truth from the noise (propaganda, conspiracies, grudges, jealousy, bruised egos, multiple aliases, and out-right lies). For the most part where there is smoke there is usually fire. caveat emptor
pass2space
pass2space
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by anselansel 3/27/2011, 7:46 am

Wow, so you are saying every coach is a bad role model? I really have to disagree with you on that one. Some of us care about the people that influence our kids. I guess you don't. I don't want a coach that shows my son that it is OK to act like ass. I guess you think that is OK as long as he is he showing your son how to play soccer.

sadly this is true for some, as long as their kid is playing for a top team and they get that prestigious bumper sticker or uniform they will let anything go. similar to show business i guess, just make my kid a star........
anselansel
anselansel
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hookem 3/27/2011, 8:07 am

Snell is a dooshnozzle. He couldnt coach a 3 year old to eat a chocalate bar. His arrogance is over the top.
hookem
hookem
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 3/27/2011, 8:19 am

plantit wrote:
go99 wrote:
FCdad wrote:

Although you know I respect your opinions Go. As much time as coaches spend with our kids and the time as well as monetary commitments we as familys make, I see nothing wrong with demanding at least a moral / positive influence . They are grown -ups playing an influencial role in our childrens lives . Lets not forget they still are children.

Lets turn the tide .. If your kid was at school and a teacher was berating them or others in front of your kid, would you say
" I need to find some friends " ? Or would you be down at the school saying what the "F" is your problem.. I say Our kids are worthy of respect, if they are tought to respect others. When Charles Barkley said " I am not a role model " he was right . He also never directly interacted with my kid.

What I am saying is why is this just reserved for Snell? Under this standard there would be no coaches left. And really most of the complaints are about berating parents after all. This is a post from one person with a personal grief falling back to the old standard "what about the kids". You can't have this or that, think about the kids. If you are looking for a role model for your kid then by all means find a coach that provides that for you it's your dollar to spend but let's hold off on the call to change the coaching standard to Mr Rogers.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 3/27/2011, 8:34 am

pass2space wrote:
go99 wrote:
FCdad wrote:

We wouldn't have any coaches left if we were holding them accountable as role models.
Give me a break. You guys need to get out more and find some friends and stop ex[ecting the coach to be one of them.

Seriously? Are you saying we should give coaches a free pass as role models given their position and influence they have with our kids and not be held accountable for their behavior?

Nice link but being an asshole and a molestor are two different charges (hint. they don't suspend you for the first). So let's say we get ride of snell, guilty as charged. Who has to go also? Castro, Nuno, KS, Marcio, HN runs the F*cking club and quite possible the biggest offender so guess none of you guys play there. The list of where you guys can't play is longer than where you can. Oh and just forget about making your switch to football. We are doing a great job of turning our kids into a bunch of crybabies who can't take the slightest snubb, so let's not also turn them into hypocrites. Make sure that where you BB plays is a upstanding role model coach, run by upstanding role model individuals.

Kudos to hook for having the decency to just say "I don't think he can coach"
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by anselansel 3/27/2011, 9:27 am

sorry my standards are pretty low for a coach

1. don't berate 10 year olds

2. set a good example

3. don't curse in front of young impressionable kids

4. TEACH THE GAME

Hardly mr. rogers

Guess that is too high for gogo 99.....
anselansel
anselansel
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FGFF 3/27/2011, 11:18 am

anselansel wrote:sorry my standards are pretty low for a coach

1. don't berate 10 year olds

2. set a good example

3. don't curse in front of young impressionable kids

4. TEACH THE GAME

Hardly mr. rogers

Guess that is too high for gogo 99.....

I agree. For a few thousand every year that isn't too much to ask for.

FGFF
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mplsnsg 3/27/2011, 12:25 pm

i have to agree with anselansel. i have no way of knowing if my son will continue to play soccer as he matures. i do know that he will need to go through life as an adult. i would hope that any coach would keep the child interested in the game, develop his/her skills, and teach the child something about competition while being an acceptable role model. the difference between HN et al and the coach in question is the fact that those individuals coach older children, not the very young. while some of those individuals can be harsh, they are not poor sportsmen, ala the coach in question.

mplsnsg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 3/27/2011, 12:31 pm

go99 wrote:
FCdad wrote:

That is probably the saddest comment on the state of NTX competitive soccer I have seen on here. Fortunately I know most parents vehmently disagree. Tragically(sp?) many do not.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next