Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

02 Academy leagues next fall... Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

02 Academy leagues next fall...

+7
cowpukesfan
Ochocinco
2sgrm
txsnowman
txsoccerdad
futbolista
debit
11 posters

Go down

02 Academy leagues next fall... Empty 02 Academy leagues next fall...

Post by debit 4/11/2011, 3:31 pm

Not sure what will eventually happen with ATF fields... Will SDL need to look for new fields... or work out a deal with the new owner...

Any of the top SDL teams considering moving to a different league for the fall? CAL? EAL?

On the surface EAL seems like a better deal to me. It's cheaper, offers more games, more refs, uses gotsoccer for scheduling and tracking scores/standings. I know our coach will want to play where the good competition is so that's why I'm curious if others have considered switching leagues.

SDL Fee -- $1,300 (+$65 for each player over 13 players)
EAL Fee -- $700
CAL Fee -- $840 (including weekly ref fee)

SDL # Games -- 8
EAL # Games -- 10
CAL # Games -- 8

SDL Refs -- 2
EAL Refs -- 3
CAL Refs -- 3

SDL Length of Games -- 2 x 25 min
EAL Length of Games -- 2 x 30 min
CAL Length of Games -- Not sure

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

02 Academy leagues next fall... Empty Re: 02 Academy leagues next fall...

Post by futbolista 4/11/2011, 8:54 pm

debit wrote:Not sure what will eventually happen with ATF fields... Will SDL need to look for new fields... or work out a deal with the new owner...

Any of the top SDL teams considering moving to a different league for the fall? CAL? EAL?

On the surface EAL seems like a better deal to me. It's cheaper, offers more games, more refs, uses gotsoccer for scheduling and tracking scores/standings. I know our coach will want to play where the good competition is so that's why I'm curious if others have considered switching leagues.

EAL Fee -- $700

SDL # Games -- 8
EAL # Games -- 10
CAL # Games -- 8

SDL Refs -- 2
EAL Refs -- 3
CAL Refs -- 3

Nice breakdown Debit. It appears that EAL is the beat deal. It's all about competition though. With SDL having the issue with field availability after the closing of ATF some might think otherwise. But with the money SDL makes I assume they will come thru. I know they still want to make some money.
futbolista
futbolista
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by txsoccerdad 4/13/2011, 11:48 am

I'd like to know more about EAL,you have a linky or more info there debit?

txsoccerdad
txsoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by txsnowman 4/13/2011, 11:53 am

all i could find: http://www.glasasoccer.org/eal/
txsnowman
txsnowman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by debit 4/13/2011, 1:34 pm

That's the correct website. It's basically the old PAL North, but a little different.

I know a lot of coaches left PAL a few years ago and moved to SDL. One of the biggest complaints was that PAL played 9v9 at U10 and coaches wanted 11v11 in preparation for the jump to select soccer (or to make more money...probably a bit of both).

Now PAL has dissolved and been replaced by CAL, EAL and PAL West or whatever it's being called in Arlington. CAL is run by Classic league and is still 9v9, but EAL offers an 11v11 option. I would like to see us be the change agents and convince our coaches to move to one of these cheaper leagues. It's probably the accountant in me, but I hate paying almost twice the price for league fees yet feel shortchanged on # of refs and # of games compared to other options out there.

If parents could push this idea with Snell, Renner, Adames, Fagen, Souter, Goncalves, Stricker, Loftin, Scott then we could have a cheaper league with 3 refs, more games and still the great competition.

Yes, you have to drive to Lewisville for games, but Railroad Park is very close to I-35E & 121 so it's pretty accessible. It would be closer for some and farther for others.

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 2sgrm 4/13/2011, 1:59 pm

I like the idea of 3 refs. I know at many of our ATF games the ref on the field did not (could not) run up and down the field to keep up with play. So he or she basically guessed on offside calls as they were not in position to see it. Not a huge deal at this age but if we can get more for less money it seems to make sense. Do not know if the parents on this site can collectively make a difference or not but imo worth a shot. Any other opinions on it?

2sgrm
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ochocinco 4/13/2011, 4:34 pm

debit wrote:That's the correct website. It's basically the old PAL North, but a little different.

I know a lot of coaches left PAL a few years ago and moved to SDL. One of the biggest complaints was that PAL played 9v9 at U10 and coaches wanted 11v11 in preparation for the jump to select soccer (or to make more money...probably a bit of both).

Now PAL has dissolved and been replaced by CAL, EAL and PAL West or whatever it's being called in Arlington. CAL is run by Classic league and is still 9v9, but EAL offers an 11v11 option. I would like to see us be the change agents and convince our coaches to move to one of these cheaper leagues. It's probably the accountant in me, but I hate paying almost twice the price for league fees yet feel shortchanged on # of refs and # of games compared to other options out there.

If parents could push this idea with Snell, Renner, Adames, Fagen, Souter, Goncalves, Stricker, Loftin, Scott then we could have a cheaper league with 3 refs, more games and still the great competition.

Yes, you have to drive to Lewisville for games, but Railroad Park is very close to I-35E & 121 so it's pretty accessible. It would be closer for some and farther for others.

Agree. With the numbers you presented, a move would be a no-brainer for most teams especially those in the second and third tiers of SDL. The only potential issues I see with top teams not wanting to move are: competition level and Saturday games.

On the first point, top teams would need to coordinate a mass move to ensure decent competition week in and week out (look at what Primetime did with the creation of the TX girls premier league). You've got all summer to coordinate it. On the second point, I'm not sure much can be done to move the EAL or CAL games to Saturday. My assumption is that EAL and CAL games will continue to take place on Sunday for U10s.

Ochocinco
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cowpukesfan 5/4/2011, 8:46 am

Ochocinco wrote:
debit wrote:That's the correct website. It's basically the old PAL North, but a little different.

Agree. With the numbers you presented, a move would be a no-brainer for most teams especially those in the second and third tiers of SDL. The only potential issues I see with top teams not wanting to move are: competition level and Saturday games.

On the first point, top teams would need to coordinate a mass move to ensure decent competition week in and week out (look at what Primetime did with the creation of the TX girls premier league). You've got all summer to coordinate it. On the second point, I'm not sure much can be done to move the EAL or CAL games to Saturday. My assumption is that EAL and CAL games will continue to take place on Sunday for U10s.

I agree.

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by cowpukesfan 5/4/2011, 8:47 am

futbolista wrote:
debit wrote:Not sure what will eventually happen with ATF fields... Will SDL need to look for new fields... or work out a deal with the new owner...

EAL Fee -- $700

SDL # Games -- 8
EAL # Games -- 10
CAL # Games -- 8

SDL Refs -- 2
EAL Refs -- 3
CAL Refs -- 3

Nice breakdown Debit. It appears that EAL is the beat deal. It's all about competition though. With SDL having the issue with field availability after the closing of ATF some might think otherwise. But with the money SDL makes I assume they will come thru. I know they still want to make some money.

I agree.

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 2sgrm 5/4/2011, 9:01 am

Do we think it is possible to talk to all the coaches of the D1 teams and get them to move to EAL? I am not sure how much the coaches communicate but it seems from a cost perspective it is worth a shot.

2sgrm
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by cowpukesfan 5/4/2011, 9:17 am

2sgrm wrote:
Do we think it is possible to talk to all the coaches of the D1 teams and get them to move to EAL? I am not sure how much the coaches communicate but it seems from a cost perspective it is worth a shot.

True.

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by doopie 5/6/2011, 7:43 am

EAL Fee -- $700

SDL # Games -- 8
EAL # Games -- 10
CAL # Games -- 8

SDL Refs -- 2
EAL Refs -- 3
CAL Refs -- 3

EAL is US Youth Soccer and that requires players' home association sign off and some charge players an extra fee, so how is it cheaper than SDL when you have some associations charging 50-95 dollars per year to be registered but not playing rec soccer.

Where is Primetime on this list some decent teams play PT and they have 3 different facilities to play games in. I am sure with some push from coaches they could use the fields on Saturdays for 02/03 players similar to SDL if they do not make it next fall.

doopie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachdom 5/31/2011, 6:28 pm

doopie wrote:
EAL is US Youth Soccer and that requires players' home association sign off and some charge players an extra fee, so how is it cheaper than SDL when you have some associations charging 50-95 dollars per year to be registered but not playing rec soccer.

The NTSSA Academy Registration form is required for 99% of all NTSSA-sanctioned tournaments and all NTSSA-sanctioned leagues from August to the following July. Unless you play in only PrimeTime tournaments and SDL, your players are going to need that form at some point, so we suggest you invest in that form early and use it all year long. If the vote passes at NTSSA's Annual General Meeting, U7 and U8 will be allowed in EAL, CAL, and all NTSSA-sanctioned tournaments. Paying that fee to your home association will be worth it, then.

If the rule passes, EAL will offer U7 and U8 (8v8) this Fall.
coachdom
coachdom
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by coachdom 6/15/2011, 3:49 pm

Registration for Fall 2011 is now open - www.glasasoccer.org/eal
coachdom
coachdom
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 6/30/2011, 12:04 pm

Has anyone gotten word from their coaches were they will be playing this coming fall? Is there any word on where the SDL games will be held in the abscence of the Andromeda field?

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by txsoccerdad 6/30/2011, 2:15 pm

Sprint wrote:Has anyone gotten word from their coaches were they will be playing this coming fall? Is there any word on where the SDL games will be held in the abscence of the Andromeda field?

I sent them a quick email to see where they may be heading,I'll post their official response when they get back with me.
txsoccerdad
txsoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by debit 6/30/2011, 2:41 pm

Sprint wrote:Has anyone gotten word from their coaches were they will be playing this coming fall? Is there any word on where the SDL games will be held in the abscence of the Andromeda field?

Despite my best efforts, I received an e-mail from our manager last night stating our SDL fee for the fall. I think the biggest drawback to EAL for us is playing on Sunday (and I totally understand why they do) and the uncertainty of getting good competition. I was hoping for a move to EAL as I know Dom runs a great league, and I personally see many advantages to that league.

Where is SDL going to play? I decided to check the website and noticed they have announced...

...absolutely nothing Sad

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 6/30/2011, 2:45 pm

I think if form holds from the last few seasons most of the top teams will play SDL as well. I was curious as to where it will be played. I guess we will know prior to kick-off of the first game.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by txsoccerdad 6/30/2011, 7:13 pm

txsoccerdad wrote:

I sent them a quick email to see where they may be heading,I'll post their official response when they get back with me.
Thanks for asking. We are "hopefully" wrapping up discussions with a field center that is on the east side to replace ATF; should have it figured, we hope Friday or Monday latest; can't really discuss publically just yet. Hope you understand. Obviously, we will make sure everyone knows it when we get it done.

Thanks!

Rick

Rick & Jason have always been good people imho Cool
txsoccerdad
txsoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ochocinco 7/3/2011, 11:51 pm

Sprint wrote:
I think if form holds from the last few seasons most of the top teams will play SDL as well. I was curious as to where it will be played. I guess we will know prior to kick-off of the first game.

I too endorsed EAL with no luck; as far as I'm concerned, you can bank on most of the top teams returning to SDL in the fall. You may start seeing a gradual shift of top teams to EAL next spring.

Ochocinco
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachdom 7/11/2011, 3:23 pm

Our 02B division is going to be STRONG
coachdom
coachdom
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 7/11/2011, 3:56 pm

coachdom wrote:Our 02B division is going to be STRONG

It looks like the EAL league will be keeping score so it should save some of the parents on this forum from having to come with tables and scores on their own.

Looks like it will be a good league.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 2sgrm 7/11/2011, 5:44 pm

Can you give us any team names to pass along to our coach?

2sgrm
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachdom 7/11/2011, 9:22 pm

Pm sent
coachdom
coachdom
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Rclilley 7/11/2011, 10:27 pm

Honestly, I don't think that the price of the league is much of a concern. When you consider the ridiculous amount of money most of these clubs charge!

Rclilley
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down